Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gold fous are an entirely different beast than the regular ones so I'm not really bothered by the small trickle they give out

it's the thing you do to the servant you're planning to grail to 100, bond 10, 10/10/10. iirc even if you're an uberwhale you'll have just over three servants at 2k/2k by the time we reach where JP is now. and without rare prism fous you'll be closing in on your third maxed servant later in 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

BlondRobin posted:

Fwiw, its been a long time since i played CCC but specifically the reason Lip and Melt are what they are, aside from ‘wada arco’ is that BB created them using Tiamat’s Mother of Monsters skill. The one that is categorically incapable of creating anything that would be normal or passing in a human world. She wasn’t sitting around building alter egos to be mean because ???, she literally used the first thing that came to hand to blow off extra data after eating Every Servant so she didn’t bluescreen before she got to the Mooncell.
Where did you get that from? I've read the translation of CCC and I don't think that was ever mentioned there. Pretty sure nothing of the sort was said in the FGO CCC event or the FGO mats for those characters. Kazuradrop looks completely normal and Violet could also pass for a normal human. The reason they're rather unhinged is that they're based on portions of an insane AI with parts of various goddesses thrown in.

Main Paineframe posted:

Of all the pantheons to stick with "actually, they're emotionless robots", the Greek pantheon is a hell of a choice. It's full of greedy jerks and assholes.
There's nothing indicating that they're emotionless or that they're literal robots.

Factor_VIII fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 22, 2019

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
is that why hercules roars like an evangelion

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_yMPG4Q8iQ

Helpful video, even though it lists some very recent JP servants too.

I wish they'd rework how Bond CEs worked from the ground up though. I'd prefer if it was something like a checkbox that you can toggle on and off on the Party screen, and when toggled on, it would adjust the cost accordingly and disable the equipped CE on the servant in question. Would be nice if they at least buffed the raw stats to 500/500 as well.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Glad this event is basically gonna be Jalter laughing nonstop. It feels good to come back to this event given how poorly I was set up to do it the first time.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Glad this event is basically gonna be Jalter laughing nonstop. It feels good to come back to this event given how poorly I was set up to do it the first time.
Now that I've gotten Gil and Merlin I'm using this setup. Last year I had used Scathach with double Waver.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Friend of mine uninstalled after not getting Shuten or Ibaraki in eight 10 rolls. Another one falls to the true Holy Grail War.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I vastly underestimated Jalter's card damage (I used Orion the first time around), taking out the hands with her cards alone is hilariously simple.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I vastly underestimated Jalter's card damage (I used Orion the first time around), taking out the hands with her cards alone is hilariously simple.

Her crits deal more damage to Ibaraki than her NP

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I decided to dump a huge chunk of horded SQ on the Ishtar/Quetz banner today because I need good servants but I didn't give a poo poo about the CCC servants.

Between 80 pulls on that and 14 tickets spent in the Oni banner I wound up with Gorgon, Beowulf and TWO STHENOS!

Does anybody ever need 2 Sthenos? Does anybody not playing through Camelot need ONE Stheno?

Cripes, remind me to pay attention to the secondary focus servants when I do this poo poo. Because I don't think Lancer Medusa would be making me feel better right now.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I needed a stheno
In order to buy the Mona Lisas I missed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ledgy posted:

I needed a stheno
In order to buy the Mona Lisas I missed

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

np2 is good on any servant. in like a year that means her def down is better

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Asimo posted:

Wow this really was made easier. I swore Ibaraki's NP stripped buffs before doing damage, not after, so it was basically a guaranteed KO. Heck doesn't the playable one still work like that or did I fall down some Mandela Effect hole?

It dispels after damage but before death, so if you rely on Guts you're screwed but invincibility and dodge still work.

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012
I forgot how much of a treat drunk mash was. Best Kouhi with the :glomp:

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012
YO wtf i woke up the raid damage done already for the day. I guess with drops on these things its way faster.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

I never did roll shuten last year and I've always kind of wanted her so hey, I think to myself, why not toss a 10-roll at this banner, even if I don't get super lucky then maybe I'll at least get more event CE's than I did last year and -- oh no

what have i done

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Don’t worry, Ibaraki is there to save you from the badciv snake.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

NP1 Ishtar + 4mlb carps isn't enough to down Ibaraki in one turn, ~100,000 off :negative:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I did two 10-rolls in the hopes of getting some event CEs. I got the 5*, but none of the 4* ones (though this event seems like one of the ones where the 5* CE is just a better version of the 4* and 3* CEs). However, I also got both Ibaraki and Shuten Doji (and NP2 d'Eon), none of whom I was that interested in. The latter is really handy to have for grinding Rider groups, at least.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nate RFB posted:

The last time Jalter crits were clocking about 1.2M/1.4M per card, depending on the position.

I'd like to know what Jalter/double Merlin can pull this time around.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Omobono posted:

The last time Jalter crits were clocking about 1.2M/1.4M per card, depending on the position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN8tCg6SFn8

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Omobono posted:

Only one Merlin but...

I'm running Nate RFB's Merlin with MLB Carp, along with two MLB Carps of my own. NP2 Jalter is running the +300% damage MLB Ushi CE. I use Helena to card boost and NP gauge Jalter up before swapping for Merlin. Clocking in at around 2-2.3M damage with a Buster chain.

For hands I use Gorgon with a Golden Sumo CE. She already has +300% damage from the other Carp CEs so its more than enough to nuke both hands and a chunk of Banana Oni.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 22, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I use STELLA to take out the hands and then finish with Jalter + Waver + Support Merlin.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sodium Chloride posted:

NP1 Ishtar + 4mlb carps isn't enough to down Ibaraki in one turn, ~100,000 off :negative:

3mil?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sophism posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_yMPG4Q8iQ

Helpful video, even though it lists some very recent JP servants too.

I wish they'd rework how Bond CEs worked from the ground up though. I'd prefer if it was something like a checkbox that you can toggle on and off on the Party screen, and when toggled on, it would adjust the cost accordingly and disable the equipped CE on the servant in question. Would be nice if they at least buffed the raw stats to 500/500 as well.

I'm not sure why I listened to this, but his ranking is bad. I can't really think of a good reason to ever use Alter X's bond CE. If she is the main attacker you lose a lot of damage output by not taking something that boosts base attack. Otherwise you probably want more stars. Also no mention of the fox. It may just be a plain Arts buff, but it is exactly what she is there for.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

No 6m.

I'm sure NP1 Gil could do it.

NPBuster brave chain leaves me here:

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 22, 2019

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Factor_VIII posted:

Where did you get that from? I've read the translation of CCC and I don't think that was ever mentioned there. Pretty sure nothing of the sort was said in the FGO CCC event or the FGO mats for those characters. Kazuradrop looks completely normal and Violet could also pass for a normal human. The reason they're rather unhinged is that they're based on portions of an insane AI with parts of various goddesses thrown in.

I was pretty sure it was in BB’s secret gardens, where it talks about Tiamat. Maybe I’m just conflating two different facts? It has been a long time. Also that was only about their physical form, their mental state is an entirely separate deal, yes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sodium Chloride posted:

No 6m.

I'm sure NP1 Gil could do it.

NPBuster brave chain leaves me here:

Double Merlin and Waver then? loving Waver havens. :argh:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I wish I had a buster character to take advantage of me being a Merlin+Waver haver. Could Musashi fill that role?

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

ChronoReverse posted:

I wish I had a buster character to take advantage of me being a Merlin+Waver haver. Could Musashi fill that role?

Musashi is one of the defacto Buster Gorillas, so yes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ChronoReverse posted:

Oh yeah, especially if you can get some charge bonus on her NP. She hits like a truck.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Okay, so I had hidden treasure all along. I was all focused on Jalter because I relied on borrowing her last time this event was around.

Hopefully I can get Musashi's skills up to speed.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Musashi is a good friend and I wish I had managed to pull her.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

BlondRobin posted:

I was pretty sure it was in BB’s secret gardens, where it talks about Tiamat. Maybe I’m just conflating two different facts? It has been a long time. Also that was only about their physical form, their mental state is an entirely separate deal, yes.
Her SG doesn't mention anything of the sort. And the only mention I could find of Tiamat in the CCC transcript was this:

"Potnia Theron: Womb of One Hundred Beasts. This is the power of the goddesses BB compiled and consumed from the abyss of the Moon Cell. Coming forth from a goddess about 8000 years ago (the goddess of Çatalhöyük) whose name has been lost, derived from the likes of Tiamat and Cybele, Ishtar, Inanna, Anat, Astarte, Gaia, Hera, Artemis, Aphrodite, Demeter, and Athena, this is the embodiment of the power of a mother goddess to give birth to all things."

It doesn't say anything about BB being able to create only monstrous beings as it says this ability involves the creation of all things. Also Kazuradrop didn't have a monstrous form.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

genericnick posted:

I'm not sure why I listened to this, but his ranking is bad. I can't really think of a good reason to ever use Alter X's bond CE. If she is the main attacker you lose a lot of damage output by not taking something that boosts base attack. Otherwise you probably want more stars. Also no mention of the fox. It may just be a plain Arts buff, but it is exactly what she is there for.

Yea, it's very rare outside of support servants that bond ces are worth using just because of the loss of stats alone.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Okay, any reason to continue to run the 6M difficulty or should I just farm the 3M?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ChronoReverse posted:

Okay, any reason to continue to run the 6M difficulty

Only if you really want Ghost Lanterns or e-peen. 3M is basically a better choice.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

ChronoReverse posted:

Okay, any reason to continue to run the 6M difficulty or should I just farm the 3M?
According to the GamePress event guide, farming the second 2 BP stage is more efficient than farming the 3 BP stage and is sufficient to clear the point ladder as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Now that combat and anniversary blonde MCs are both maxed, I have no obligation to use one or the other. Tough choice here....