Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Cleared out the damage rewards! :toot:

Also got 30 quartz thanks to hitting a login milestone alongside the 700 day reward.

Also back during the original run I left the hands alive not because of needing the extra damage on ST, but because their attacks are weak and deal a ton of hits to help build NP while also eating one of Ibaraki's turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

ChronoReverse posted:

I'm ashamed to say that my Arash is only grailed to L90 so not able to oneshot 6M haha

From my testing a Bodhisvatta isn't nearly as good as the event 300% CE despite the Bodhi CE supposedly increasing my ATK 400% vs the event's 300%. It must be applying somewhere else in the damage formula.

Redid the calculation and it agrees with my empirical evidence.

For Arash, his OC bonus is directly added to the NP damage multiplier rather than being multiplicative. So assuming NP5 OC3, you go from 1200% to 1600%. Event CE is applying a 300% multiplicative power mod.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If you want Arash Overcharge for this you just stack it behind two Gardens of Avalon (or Stone Sentinel Maze for the sweet, sweet Def Down)

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Currently smashing face with Altera.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im gonna break into the houses of people that brag about their double merlin setups

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

im gonna break into the houses of people that brag about their double merlin setups

I actually prefer the double Waver setup

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Tired Moritz posted:

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Tired Moritz posted:

I use poorly drawn Nurse/support Merlin, though that one you need to find an extra 20%NP gauge somewhere instead of just 10%(that Artoria rank up quest would be handy right about now)

YggdrasilTM posted:

I actually prefer the double Waver setup
Yeah that one;s more reliable but I don't mind spending a few turns fishing for cards/np charge, it's not like I need to tear rear end to not waste BP or anything

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What's the speculated timeline after this event? Onigashima rerun early to mid June, the next singularity mid to late June, summer rerun (Shishou welfare) and summer event (Ishtar rider welfare) for July and August?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also Anniversary in between the two Summers

And some random banners like a Shinjuku banner rerun for some reason.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.
I do like my friend's Merlin.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm assuming that screenshot is doctored, yes?
I don't doubt there exists gigantic whales like that*, but to directly reference the joke raises the improbability bar a lot.

*Quite rarely when refreshing the friend list I notice an NP2 or greater SSR down in the not friends section. Checking out the loadout, and finding what can only be described as a whale pod, is always a fascinating experience.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Why not? I see plenty of gags and memes in people's names and descriptions.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

done with the most important part of the event

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Omobono posted:

I don't doubt there exists gigantic whales like that*, but to directly reference the joke raises the improbability bar a lot.
It's real. Why do you think that a dedicated FGO player won't have read that doujinshi? It's by the creator of Prisma Illya and it's pretty well-known.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Omobono posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVwcUhxt1k&t=301s

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Good news: After kinda skunking out dropping 200 SQ on the Quetz/Ishtar banner I pulled Waver from a ticket.
Bad news: I am 2 caster pieces shy of his 2nd ascension, there are no caster pieces for sale in the event shop and Caster day isn't until the event is over so I can't use him to bust up the Banana. Unless I do 20 or so runs of some random Orleans level and hope I get 2 of them at 10% per drop. Which I won't.
Good news: But who cares I have Waver.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Missing out on a day of Banana Bullying due to plane travel.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
It feels like an oversight that the hands don't count as Hand-type enemies.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Damage ladder completed, at last.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

1/2ap story quests and another shot at Crime Grandpa if you want him.

https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0526_re_shinjukupu%2F

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
friends!

remember, no servant is bad if you love them..!

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Clawtopsy posted:

friends!

im pretty sure phantom is just plain bad

and if you like him you're also bad

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
phantom redemption arc SOON

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hazdoc posted:

im pretty sure phantom is just plain bad

and if you like him you're also bad

I have a lot of respect for the person doing a Phantom playthrough on reddit.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

phantom cleans up real nice with ascension

just ignore his fevered devotion to someone who isn't you

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

dogsicle posted:

Absolutely not.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shinjuku related update: he happy, and 6/6/6

excited to take him to some nasty ruler bosses in the future. meanwhile Grandpa feels no fun to use even against Banana and her saber hands, leading me to hope to god i can pull Holmes and start running the Holmes/Medb/Grandpa team.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
So I already finished the damage, is the best farming kill 3BP hands then die with +11 (maybe more if I can get the support for it), or is clearing 2BP at +8 better?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Clawtopsy posted:

friends!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

dogsicle posted:

I don't think I've ever seen his FA before finishing him up today. But I really appreciate the few characters that get a pretty different 3rd ascension art.

dogsicle posted:

Shinjuku related update: he happy, and 6/6/6

excited to take him to some nasty ruler bosses in the future. meanwhile Grandpa feels no fun to use even against Banana and her saber hands, leading me to hope to god i can pull Holmes and start running the Holmes/Medb/Grandpa team.
I've been dragging him on my Bond levelling team (AKA what I use for anything that's not an Event or an actual threat) and he's depressingly weak. About the one time I accidentally appreciated him is when I didn't realize a Ruler Martha would show up on someone's Rank Up quest and he just went to town. But even with Waver and stars supplied he's just eh...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

HGH posted:

I don't think I've ever seen his FA before finishing him up today. But I really appreciate the few characters that get a pretty different 3rd ascension art.

I've been dragging him on my Bond levelling team (AKA what I use for anything that's not an Event or an actual threat) and he's depressingly weak. About the one time I accidentally appreciated him is when I didn't realize a Ruler Martha would show up on someone's Rank Up quest and he just went to town. But even with Waver and stars supplied he's just eh...

i'll take what i can get when it comes to avoiding Jalter, and with Atalante's quick boost he can't be too bad as a nuker. definitely not seeing much of a use case for him as a neutral damage dealer pre-Skadi though. being ST means he can't leverage the typical avenger advantages as well as Dantes (who i've got on the backburner) or Gorgon on mixed nodes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Dr Pepper posted:

It's very obvious even back in America that they wanted to try making bosses with multiple phases and more unique mechanics. Break Bars are fairly elegant solution to a lot of problems previous fgo boss fights wanted solved

- A way to give fights multiple phases
- A way to trigger unique mechanics
- And yes, a way to keep 1 turn burst from being too op.
Even back in Okeanos it's pretty clear Herk would've been given break bars. Even if it's only a cosmetic "break bar, new bar has $BIGNUM HP, battle ends" style bar, it'd better sell the whole "we just keep hitting the dude and he don't give a gently caress!" vibe he's supposed to give.

UchihaHirou posted:

For Arash, his OC bonus is directly added to the NP damage multiplier rather than being multiplicative. So assuming NP5 OC3, you go from 1200% to 1600%. Event CE is applying a 300% multiplicative power mod.
If we wanna be pedantic it's technically rolling a second attack with equivalent stats to his first attack, using OC level instead of NP level.

NRVNQSR posted:

It feels like an oversight that the hands don't count as Hand-type enemies.
XP hands are called arm of dawn so naturally they don't count. :haw:
(actually the lowest grade are called hand of dawn, I wonder if they do count)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why does dog hate jalter now...

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Aurora posted:

Cu has a problem with Jalter?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

i don't like the sort of ubiquitous buster dps units that get rec'd to throw at everything like jalter/herc/cu alter. it comes up with uh, assassins and archers too, where i prefer to avoid using jack and artoria/chloe. the op supports are basically on this same tier but since their role allows them to compensate for "bad" dps units, i don't have any qualms about double merlin or skadi system or whatever else.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Still levelling up and trying out some of the less useful characters.
I like how Sabre Gilles looks like someone stapled half of a Caster outfit on him.
Meanwhile I'm glad Boudica gets a better outfit but then I saw her NP for the first time ever. It's just... it's just a bunch of wheels. This has to be updated at some point, right?

Did the Hands have the charge on death Palm skill in the original run of this? I don't remember it at all.

HGH fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 28, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
After chasing him last time, I just had to try for Moriarty. Sure, even less Quartz for Holmes, but I had to.

I got him with 3 Quartz.

Subarashi.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Got a ticket and it turned into archer Emiya. Good?

Also is there any easy way to cheese through the story battles? Herc is one shotting all my dudes and its not fun and I just want Okeanos to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crossposting from the PYF Cosplay thread

https://twitter.com/kyonijimura/status/1132445703203016705
https://twitter.com/KogashiwaKai/status/1132419804705374208