Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
"earnestly holding the microphone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Kyte posted:

Is it about the fous.

The fous, the thousand-quartz stockpile, the fancy fans on the side of their name, the account name being called "Ef bi ai" Which I guess I just twigged is "FBI", and their message being 'Biggest Eli Fan'.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sodium Chloride posted:

Cap should be higher really.

Feels a bit low. That's enough for what, 6 or 7 SSR going from 1/1/1 to 10/10/10?

Ok, if you have 6 or 7 SSR to skill up at once it's #FirstChaldeaProblems but still.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Omobono posted:

Feels a bit low. That's enough for what, 6 or 7 SSR going from 1/1/1 to 10/10/10?

Ok, if you have 6 or 7 SSR to skill up at once it's #FirstChaldeaProblems but still.

Eh, I’ve played this game since a few days after launch and I’ve only spent about 2-2.5 billion qp.

“Only”.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That's cumulative over almost two years, I meant finding new SSR in a short timeframe (read: a bigger whale than Moby Dick)

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Omobono posted:

That's cumulative over almost two years, I meant finding new SSR in a short timeframe (read: a bigger whale than Moby Dick)

I managed to pull 2 SSR’s in one 10 roll on each of last years summer banners. Only time that’s happened to me.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Crasical posted:

The fous, the thousand-quartz stockpile, the fancy fans on the side of their name, the account name being called "Ef bi ai" Which I guess I just twigged is "FBI", and their message being 'Biggest Eli Fan'.

April Fools, that's just a few whalepacks, probably some fancy Unicode fuckery, you already figured it out, and Liz is a good girl.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Well it's been a year after I quit FGO due to salt from the Jalter banner and just burn out from the last few events( uninstalled around beginning of Nerofest). Anyways against my better judgement I decided to reinstall FGO and decided to see what has changed since I left. The biggest thing to me was the inclusion of the back button which surprised me.

Also after checking my mail apparently I had log of SQ which totaled about 100 which was a nice surprise. Unfortunately I missed out on the CCC event and the current event was a rerun of Onigashima which I wasn't in a mood of redoing again. Well after looking at the banner for Onigashima (Rerun) I've noticed that Tamamo has a rate up, so I decided to try my luck once more and probably get burned by the gacha again. After the first 10 pull went as well as you expect with being mostly crappy CEs, the second 10 roll on the other hand gave me Tamamo on the second card :woop: along with another Emiya (now NP 4) and his dad which was nice surprise on coming back to the game. Now with my very own shrine fox I can focus on Art teams without having to rely on other people having a decent Tamamo. I guess this makes up for me completely crashing and burning on getting Jalter.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Congratulations on your foxo. Bad Dad Emiya is also a good addition to an Arts team.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
new video: leveling a 5* to 100 using only mata haris from friend summon

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Crasical posted:

the thousand-quartz stockpile
Something wrong with that? :colbert:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

Something wrong with that? :colbert:

You must have very good impulse control.

Or you already have everything and have nothing to spend it on.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Furnaceface posted:

You must have very good impulse control.

Or you already have everything and have nothing to spend it on.

Or extremely bad impulse control.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

HiKaizer posted:

Or extremely bad impulse control.

I don't know how people can just stockpile that many fragments without getting antsy about cashing them in.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
For me I save my fragments until I have 210 of them (exactly enough for 30 quartz) and then spend it on whatever current banner catches my eye.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Pureauthor posted:

For me I save my fragments until I have 210 of them (exactly enough for 30 quartz) and then spend it on whatever current banner catches my eye.

please tell me about kissing ghosts

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Servants are technically ghosts, right

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Pureauthor posted:

:hmmyes:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Pureauthor posted:

No, in Fate ghosts are real and in a different class entirely.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

servants are ghost liners

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Grinding on these onis has got me wondering; your cards are always random, right? So you don't really have a likelihood of getting the same card on the next turn if you dont use it on your current turn?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The 15 cards your 3 frotnline servants have are used up 5 at a time, so after 3 turns all their cards have been used and the game reshuffles them for the next 3 turns. That's why you can card count and see if your main damage dealer had his/her Buster cards coming up.

If a Servants dies and is replaced that also procs an immediate shuffle, as well as the Mage Association uniform. Using the plugsuit's swap does NOT reshuffle, it just replaces all the outgoing Servant's cards with that of the incoming Servant.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Your 3 servant’s command cards are shuffled into a “deck” of 15 cards that you draw over 3 turns. Thus for servants like Ishtar you can easily card count to get a good sense of what cards could show up on turn 2 or 3.

Many things reset this deck though. Servants dying, shuffle command code, etc. The plug suit swap does not reset the deck on the turn of the swap, so you can guarantee some cards for the swap-in.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Grinding on these onis has got me wondering; your cards are always random, right? So you don't really have a likelihood of getting the same card on the next turn if you dont use it on your current turn?

Use doesn't influence it, but the 15 cards you have are split over three turns. Starting with turn 4 the are redrawn.

Edit: Beaten twice and the laziest answer :eng99:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

cards are only reshuffled every 3 turns. so whether you use a card or not it is discarded and can't be drawn again unless you use a shuffle skill, someone in your frontline dies, or you start a new 3 turn cycle. so yeah the only time you even have a chance of seeing the same card consecutively is on either side of a reshuffle, but it's totally random.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

This is one of the many reasons why BB Beach Edition is the best servant.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

Your 3 servant’s command cards are shuffled into a “deck” of 15 cards that you draw over 3 turns. Thus for servants like Ishtar you can easily card count to get a good sense of what cards could show up on turn 2 or 3.

Many things reset this deck though. Servants dying, shuffle command code, etc. The plug suit swap does not reset the deck on the turn of the swap, so you can guarantee some cards for the swap-in.
Specifically the swap replaces the cards of the swapped out servant with the same 'numbered' cards. The five cards of each servant always go in the order Quick, Arts, Buster. So for instance, a QQQAB servant and a QAABB servant. If you had a QQQ hand of the former and swapped them out, you'd have a QAA hand, since those are the first three cards of each deck.

This is hard to manipulate since you have no way of telling which of the same-type cards you're getting - for instance, if you only had two of the Qs from the first servant and swapped them out, you could get QA or AA, you have no way of knowing - but it's worth noting.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

Specifically the swap replaces the cards of the swapped out servant with the same 'numbered' cards. The five cards of each servant always go in the order Quick, Arts, Buster. So for instance, a QQQAB servant and a QAABB servant. If you had a QQQ hand of the former and swapped them out, you'd have a QAA hand, since those are the first three cards of each deck.

This is hard to manipulate since you have no way of telling which of the same-type cards you're getting - for instance, if you only had two of the Qs from the first servant and swapped them out, you could get QA or AA, you have no way of knowing - but it's worth noting.

There is a way to tell in JP though, because command codes let you mark cards to tell them apart.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Does Agartha have any redeeming qualities, or should I be skipping through the story scenes once it drops?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

The Manticore posted:

Does Agartha have any redeeming qualities, or should I be skipping through the story scenes once it drops?

Astolfo and d'Eon are cute boys (well, boy and person of fluid gender) so that's a plus.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

read it and form your own opinion imo

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
read it for best boy columbus

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Manticore posted:

columbus is a cool villain, some of the action scenes are decent, astolfo and d'eon actually get some decent characterization.

its mostly really early on in the gag comedy stuff where it sucks a lot. that and if you read columbus's whining about poor oppressed men at face value, but he's christopher columbus, come on

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

dogsicle posted:

This. If I took the fanbase's opinions at face value I would have skipped everything up to Camelot. But I enjoyed Orleans, Okeanos and America and the other chapters provided valuable context for understanding events that happened later on. In the end I'm glad I experienced everything, both the good and the bad.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Transient People posted:

Astolfo and d'Eon are cute boys (well, boy and person of fluid gender) so that's a plus.

drat someone's leaking the bad early lines

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Darox posted:

This is one of the many reasons why BB Beach Edition is the best servant.

Not really. Summer BB is really RNG dependant since you need to get dealt the hand you need before you can use her 3rd skill on it. She's good for making impressive youtube videos where the dude repeated a fight until he was dealt the optimal hand, but less useful in a fight.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Someone challenged Honako Green to defeat the new boss as a F2P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7njuLiVaR4Y

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Factor_VIII posted:

Not really. Summer BB is really RNG dependant since you need to get dealt the hand you need before you can use her 3rd skill on it. She's good for making impressive youtube videos where the dude repeated a fight until he was dealt the optimal hand, but less useful in a fight.

I don't think it's very rare or hard to get a decent hand to lock in. You don't need to wait till the stars align to make use of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
MORE LIKE THE CRIT STARS ALIGN HUH

thank you, thank you, i rushed to my desk at work to make this post