Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Endorph posted:

the cash to quartz ratio is actually pretty good if you buy in bulk, you can get a ten roll for like 14 bucks which is way cheaper than just about any other game of this type

Oh I think I've been reading it wrong. So its the amount in the listing plus the number in red. Gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
40 AP ember daily done in under 1 minute with 2 Bunyans and an Eric Bloodaxe.

And three fully ascended and leveled kaleidoscopes

https://twitter.com/riku_fatego/status/894063824810033153

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
You can also finish 40AP quests in NA by using a max Ascension Arash and Spartacus, but with Ascension mats being limited its not worth the effort.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What are the rates of getting a 3* from the friendship banner?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I hope the Gudako fanart never stops.

Tired Moritz posted:

What are the rates of getting a 3* from the friendship banner?

High enough. You'll mostly get Fous and exp cards, though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
3* pull rate in the FP gacha feels equivalent to a 4* IMO.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
wow, I am unlucky then.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Schubalts posted:

I hope the Gudako fanart never stops.

"Do you remember how many SSRs you've rolled in your entire life?"

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So Camelot is the place where I have to give up on story servants and just use level 100 Waver supports, I guess. What's the deal with the recommended level? 60 seems a bit implausible, they are eating my lv 70+ for breakfast. I mean obviously my skills are weak and my equipment is kind of lacking compared to someone who played for more than a year or whenever chapter six was released and I haven't yet stumbled on working parties for all situations but I still expected that brute force could carry me a bit further.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

camelot is not the place where you can brute force the game, lol.

and tbh it's not about equipment, its about having the right servants and actually having a party that's well-planned instead of just going for class advantage, and using supports like mashu and hans. camelot is the point where you have to start playing a video game, basically.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You're not gonna have one working party for "all situations" by the time Camelot is out. You're gonna have to mix it up and plan like Endorph said because your rear end will be handed to you if you just depend on a few Servants for their brute forcing.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

camelot is not the place where you can brute force the game, lol.

and tbh it's not about equipment, its about having the right servants and actually having a party that's well-planned instead of just going for class advantage, and using supports like mashu and hans. camelot is the point where you have to start playing a video game, basically.

I got a Vlad, Waver, Emiya, Cu, Mash, Salter and Medea all 2-3 Ascensions and somewhat Fou'd up/Skill up'd. Who else should I bring up to round out a roster of being able to handle stuff the stories throw at me?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Camelot is where you really have to start thinking about team comp and defensive servants rather that just bringing berserkers and pushing the red buttons.

Since a lot of the bosses in Camelot will spam their NP every turn or so, either you need enough defensive buffs to withstand it or you need to be able to drain their gauge and stun/charm them to delay it.

Having Euryale above 60 is a good start. Her kit is perfect for stalling and doing good sustained damage against male sabers like most of the round table knights.

Euryale, another good offensive archer (Robin Hood's probably the best common single target), and a good support like Waver or Merlin will get you fairly far.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah and I certainly welcome that in a way, but the sheer amount of XP hands I'll have to crush to get my backup servants on the way is rather daunting.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
None of that really answers the question of "do they just not intend for you to use the story supports?", though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

I got a Vlad, Waver, Emiya, Cu, Mash, Salter and Medea all 2-3 Ascensions and somewhat Fou'd up/Skill up'd. Who else should I bring up to round out a roster of being able to handle stuff the stories throw at me?
Euryale
Robin Hood
Hans
David
George
Leonidas

NRVNQSR posted:

None of that really answers the question of "do they just not intend for you to use the story supports?", though.
it seems like they just didnt realize how hard they'd made camelot when designing the story servants, its beatable with them tho

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The time between now and Camelot is long, so you'll ideally have a lot of ascended/maxed out Servants at that time. As it's been mentioned, one way or another, this game is a marathon, not a sprint. You can do all the level up and ascending slowly before we get to the big leagues and if you collect and use your assets wisely, you won't be lacking in maxed out characters.

And depending on some chapters, you'll have to use a story support, but you'll be able to use friend supports as usual in other sections.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 7, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

If Euryale would ever drop, that would be pretty cool for me.

e: I mean, that's assuming i should hang on to all these friend points rather than just blow the whole pile right now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I could be wrong but I don't think she's in the story gacha yet? I could've sworn I saw others in the know for example saying it was better to sit on your FP points after a certain point until she's in the mix.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
She's not in until Okeanos, where she gets a rateup.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Aha! Actually that same bit of knowledge Nate mentioned might be why i've been hanging onto my friend points anyway.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I was saving my fp, but decided to use it all attempting to get Cu Chulainn to help me with the moon viewing event. Never got him, so I'm saving up again and will settle for Cu Prototype.

It's not worth overly worrying about 3* servants. Between the quartz gacha spitting out so many and the occasional 3* from FP, you'll eventually get them all with level 5 NP. You may not get them as soon as you'd like, but it's not in the same vein of absurdity as spending 4000 quartz for a single servant.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Camelot is basically FGO's version of Matador.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Trihugger posted:

I was saving my fp, but decided to use it all attempting to get Cu Chulainn to help me with the moon viewing event. Never got him, so I'm saving up again and will settle for Cu Prototype.

Rumor has it that if you listen to this song Cu's summoning rate goes way up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZIISfOm3dI

Alright, so there's no such rumor of course, but what other summon gets name-dropped by the Pogues? :colbert:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Bedivere is cool to me, I love the concept of the arm. Is he good?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The best thing I ever got out of the FP gacha was Medea about 3 days into the game's launch. It's been garbage since then. I honestly don't know what the point of that gacha is other than amassing CEs for XP fodder, but even that provides barely anything.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nate RFB posted:

The best thing I ever got out of the FP gacha was Medea about 3 days into the game's launch. It's been garbage since then. I honestly don't know what the point of that gacha is other than amassing CEs for XP fodder, but even that provides barely anything.

I've got all 1-3 Star Servants, most with high-to-max NP.

:shrug:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh what I am talking about I got George from the FP. So yeah it's good for getting the bronzes, obviously.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

Bedivere is cool to me, I love the concept of the arm. Is he good?
Bedivere is pretty decent, especially if you can get him to NP5. Military Tactics is kinda bad and his defense buff isn't that amazing but he can charge his NP and his np does great damage at NP5.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
He is also rocks the pigtails really well

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

How many people actually get NP5 Bedivere though. He's story locked.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I did. I spammed tickets on the story summon while nothing else was around. Got him to level 4 pretty easy and got a random Vlad too. I later got that last Bedivere during the Knights summon we recently had.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man Gawain is just wrecking my poo poo. Guess I need to grind chains to ascend EMIYA Alter some to stand a chance.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So where's the easiest place to farm Golems and Sabers for this week's master mission?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Later Septem free quests are probably best for Golems, for Sabers just do the ember and mat dailies like usual.

Motto fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 7, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Golems can be found in Gaul, Septem.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
God, I loving hate mondays. They have the shittiest quests.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Man Gawain is just wrecking my poo poo. Guess I need to grind chains to ascend EMIYA Alter some to stand a chance.
david's good too because he has a skill that gives the entire party a single dodge, so he can invalidate one of gawain's NPs.

Euryale's good because of charm. Orion's a good support to grab since their NP is anti-male. You could also do a gimmick with someone with a decently long NP seal, like Caligula or Benkei, but you'd need some way to instantly get their NP. (Kaleidoscope + A support waver is probably the easiest way)

I'd also recommend using the chaldea battle suit because the stun master skill can also delay an NP for a turn, it has a pretty high success rate.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

God, I loving hate mondays. They have the shittiest quests.

Fate/Garf Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Well, I decided to do a 10-pull because I have awful spending habits and also figured that I should probably expand my stock a little. My secret wish was for Salter but didn't have any serious expectations because I am not that big of a moron.

I came out with Vlad. He only overtakes Herakles at, what, the extreme top end, yeah?