Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

My lack of impulse control maybe didnt result in disappointment?

Decided that since I have nearly 200 quartz saved up Ill gamble on a 10 roll of the summer banner because why not? Got 4 new servants; Martha rider, Jekyll, Hassan of the Serenity, and surfer Mordred. One of them has to be good, right??

e: Wait 5 new ones, got Babbage too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

surfer mordred is good, martha is good

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I finally figured out why Marie goes all-white for her third Ascension. White is the color of the French Bourbons that she married into. The red-white outfit she wears in her first and second Ascensions are the colors of the Austrian Hapsburgs, aka her birth family.

Type-Moon really does their homework on Servants, even if they end up ignoring most of it.

Also the white outfit is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm too sleepy, make up your own jokes about the french nobility having all-white heraldry (and presumably a white banner)

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

BisbyWorl posted:

Angra at 100 with normal Fous is about 12K HP. Slap on a level 80 Golden Millennium Tree for another 5K HP (2K base + 3K after 10 turns), double Merlin for another 6K HP for a grand total of 23K HP.

At NP5 he deals triple HP lost, so if you can bring him down to 1HP exactly he'll be able to deal 60K damage.

ezpz

Take your crazy DR and shove it, crab.

(Only NP1, but still.)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Surfer Mordred NP looping for days is amazing. :allears:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Vengarr posted:

Also the white outfit is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

:toughguy:

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

My lack of impulse control maybe didnt result in disappointment?

Decided that since I have nearly 200 quartz saved up Ill gamble on a 10 roll of the summer banner because why not? Got 4 new servants; Martha rider, Jekyll, Hassan of the Serenity, and surfer Mordred. One of them has to be good, right??

e: Wait 5 new ones, got Babbage too.

I don't know if Mordred is good but her loading screen description always makes me smile. (SurMo, or Surfer Mo)

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Dr Pepper posted:

Surfer Mordred NP looping for days is amazing. :allears:

there was one node in the CCC event where if you had the setup right you could hit 6 turns in a row surfing (interestingly, you needed to have NP1 or NP2 surfmo to do it, any higher and you killed one wave prematurely and missed your chance for a tamamo NP after)

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
It was very nice of them to give me a big pile of nonsense in my present box for this Paul Bunyan eating event, but I have no idea what they're talking about. :shrug:

Gloomy Rube posted:

I don't know if Mordred is good but her loading screen description always makes me smile. (SurMo, or Surfer Mo)

This is the best reason to use your waifus, and SurMo is great. She deserves every construction project you can give her this event.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

AbusePuppy posted:

It was very nice of them to give me a big pile of nonsense in my present box for this Paul Bunyan eating event, but I have no idea what they're talking about. :shrug:

Same. I'm not gonna say no to free stuff, but I definitely don't know what they're talking about.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
The NA staff put up an online game where you threw food into Bunyan's mouth for points. The game was tied to a promotional campaign which granted all masters bonus rewards based on how many points we got, based on a global hunger meter.

You can't play the game any more, but a description of how the campaign worked in relation to it is available in the news section at the bottom here: https://web.archive.org/web/20190708024216/https://bunyan-campaign2019.fate-go.us/

Jossar fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 16, 2019

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
I bet that would've gone further if they had... you know, told people about it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well we reached 100% of the goal in like 1.5 days so I think they were ok with how it turned out.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it was a fun game, reminded me of neopets days

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
I hope the summer rerun on JP won't use that dumb day-cycle mechanic from last year. Made progress so slow...

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

PerOlus posted:

I hope the summer rerun on JP won't use that dumb day-cycle mechanic from last year. Made progress so slow...

I have bad news for you.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Taste my blade, heretic. :fork:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Went into this blind, thinking I could brute force it with class advantage and my Arts survival setup. gently caress me running. Tamamo was doing more damage than Kuro's NP which was hitting for like 200 damage fully buffed.

:suicide:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

RanKizama posted:

Went into this blind, thinking I could brute force it with class advantage and my Arts survival setup. gently caress me running. Tamamo was doing more damage than Kuro's NP which was hitting for like 200 damage fully buffed.

Tamamo has divinity, Chloe does not.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm ready for part 2

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Extremely casual player here just making sure I understand the event: what do I have to do to keep Summer Scathach exactly

I finished building my ridiculous island resort and killed a pig, but I apparently still only have her on a temporary basis. There's one more quest I can see at Base which I don't have access to because I haven't finished Story Mode; am I gonna have to do this if I want to keep Scathach, or is there, like, more to the event that just hasn't been released yet?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Finishing the story in Part 2, which launches in three days or so, makes Scathach permanent. Summer events run a long time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Crabs sucks and also I hate shellfish in general.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I eat crabs and shellfish to prove my superiority

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

with half ap and succ up nearly done, i'm proud of the progress from some minor apple use over the week

Okita 80 to 90
Arthur 1 to 90
Suzuka 1 to 50
Tesla 50 to 80 (FA)
Tristan 70 to 80
Karna 70 to 80 (FA)
Fionn 50 to 80
Astolfo 50 to 60
CasGil 70 to 80
Helena 1 to 70
Serenity 1 to 70
ChaCha 1 to 60
Zerkerlot 1 to 70 (FA)
BB 60 to 70 (FA)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

not getting your 5*s to 90 :pensive:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Vengarr posted:

Taste my blade, heretic. :fork:

pscht.... you come into MY marie church and call ME a heretic??.... fool....

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aurora posted:

not getting your 5*s to 90 :pensive:

I'll never level mordred up

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

El Burbo posted:

I had no idea Artoria has an SA account.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

El Burbo posted:

pls be nice to idiot sons..

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

El Burbo posted:

well now you're just asking for two more artoria spooks

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Took 23 turns to finish Crab Quest with a MLB Covering Fire equipped Ishtar. She was chunking them for 3k+ on a Buster Brave Chain. Backup crew was Waver, Herc, Support Cuzerker, Tamamo and Summer Martha. Double Ishtar probably would have been safer, but I wanted the extra Buster Card from Cu.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

dogsicle posted:

well now you're just asking for two more artoria spooks

i welcome it

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It took me 40-ish turns to do crab quest. Mash and friend Merlin just stalled while Waver poisoned. Easy stuff. It just took forever.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I did it in 25 turns with an all buster team, Herc with bond CE finished up as the last standing, as is proper.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Edit: mispost

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 17, 2019

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Hi thread, been a while. I'm here to report that all I wanted was a certain Berserker, and all I got for it was an np2 Caster of the nightless city. What the heck.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

doomfunk posted:

Hi thread, been a while. I'm here to report that all I wanted was a certain Berserker, and all I got for it was an np2 Caster of the nightless city. What the heck.

We get a 4* pick ticket later this year which includes all 4* servants up through Argatha, hopefully that will help you out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Probably! It's just baffling that I dropped two pulls on the banner and got a five-star I didn't even really want both times. Pretty much figured it was cursed and hung up my quartz for later.