Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Factor_VIII posted:

Personally I'd prefer to get a new Servant rather than to strengthen a Servant I already own.
Yeah, same. Some extra NP damage is nice on someone you use often, but an additional servant opens up new team compositions and strategies. The only time I'd just take the NP+ would be if the other available options weren't worth sinking resources (embers, gems, etc) into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

OnimaruXLR posted:

Here's a horrible question:Is there any kind of tier list... for skills?

Specifically, something that has the skills broken down in terms of "Level up ASAP" "Level up when you get a chance" and "Whatever"? Nerofest has got me thinking about spending some QP but it seems hard to tell who and which deserves it other than obvious stuff like NP batteries.

If a Servant has an NP charge skill that caps off at 50% charge max it asap.

Overall skill levels are more vital for Supports than DPS past that.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Apart from NP, skills that steriod a particular card type always get mats thrown at them, whether they be team support or selfish.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:allears:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

congrats to Gil on getting a second animation update

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

dogsicle posted:

congrats to Gil on getting a second animation update

It seems that a lot of servants who already have had animation updates will be getting another round of them.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Gee Gil, your mom lets you have TWO animation updates?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Caster orbs are oppression

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Someone should ask the dev team how Marie's animation update is coming along. :lol:

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
i mean she made it to arcade with the orbs, so i’d imagine they’re there to stay

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
angery france noises

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Never getting an animation update will be the final catalyst that brings Marie Alter into existence.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ryoga posted:

Never getting an animation update will be the final catalyst that brings Marie Alter into existence.

They haven't announced JP's Halloween, yet...

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Halloween will be Nero Alter

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Schubalts posted:

They haven't announced JP's Halloween, yet...

poo poo, now I really want Halloween Marie dressed as a Dullahan

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Someone worked hard on those caster orbs, at least one servant needs to hold on to them

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Billzasilver posted:

Someone worked hard on those caster orbs, at least one servant needs to hold on to them

I thought the correct term we all agreed on was 'Marie Orbs'?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

marie and stheno seem the two most suited for orbs just because i imagine even redone animations would be them shooting charm magic stuff anyway

i guess mata hari is in that group too

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

marie 2 the impoverished servants: let them have orbs

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Animation updates only go to Servants who need to be improved, and you can't improve on perfection, hence why Marie has never received an animation update. :pseudo:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Marie Alter would be hilarious because it'd probably be Normal Marie, just trying really hard to be mean and failing - like Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls or Professor Chaos from South Park.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Animation updates only go to Servants who need to be improved, and you can't improve on perfection, hence why Marie has never received an animation update. :pseudo:

:hmmyes:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

the_steve posted:

Marie Alter would be hilarious because it'd probably be Normal Marie, just trying really hard to be mean and failing - like Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls or Professor Chaos from South Park.

You encounter pseduo-Marie Alter in her bond quest. There is nothing nice about her, to the extent that she might've been a more bitter Jalter than Jalter.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

the_steve posted:

Or being hit by Professor M's evilification beam.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Less than 24 hours left to clear out your lottery boxes

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

ZiegeDame posted:

poo poo, now I really want Halloween Marie dressed as a Dullahan

Marie hijacks the role of Headless Horseman from Hessian Lobo.

Lobo just rolls with it because not even the giant man-eating wolf can bring himself to hate Marie.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Got my third Necromancy! and Merlin. One step closer to MLB Necromancy :toot:

I'm very fond of Necromancy because it got me past Goetia on my second try.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Necromancy would be so much better if it didn’t prevent my servants from using their own guts skills

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Ignis posted:

Got my third Necromancy! and Merlin. One step closer to MLB Necromancy :toot:

I'm very fond of Necromancy because it got me past Goetia on my second try.

MLB Necromancy just increases the health gain on a success from 500 to 1000. It doesn't increase the success rate.

I thought |'d use it for the King Hassan challenge quest, but it turned out Irisviel did the job wayyyy better.

Billzasilver posted:

Necromancy would be so much better if it didn’t prevent my servants from using their own guts skills

Necromancy would be absurdly busted if you could stack it with Guts.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I'm aware, I'm just incredibly fond of that CE :shobon:

Finishing the last stage of Goetia with only Diarmuid left, on a poverty team and after two tries made me a huge fan of it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ignis posted:

I'm aware, I'm just incredibly fond of that CE :shobon:

Finishing the last stage of Goetia with only Diarmuid left, on a poverty team and after two tries made me a huge fan of it

That’s how I beat Goetia on JP except it was Angra Mainyu.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

the_steve posted:

Excuse me bubbles succeeded at being hardcore tyvm

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Fund it my homies

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/abiko_bot/status/1174270224650121217?s=20

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Can we.... can we save her????

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

In case people didn't know, the preview images for the event showed the shopkeeper as someone else. One of SantAltera's sheep, actually. So this is kind of a shock.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ashsaber posted:

In case people didn't know, the preview images for the event showed the shopkeeper as someone else. One of SantAltera's sheep, actually. So this is kind of a shock.

The golden sheep is actually Dummuzid, Ishtar's husband

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I thought dummuzid was a bird

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Siduri psuedo Servant confirmed????? Will she have a magical girl transformation where she becomes a lahmu?

EDIT: Also, here's Gilgamesh's new animations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kcVFGoDMXo

Gologle fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Zashu levels off the charts.