Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
fyi orion is a direct counter to what is arguably the hardest boss fight in the game so even if you dont care much for her, level her at some point if you manage to get her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Posting Riyo April Fool's images is probably a bad idea because where do you stop, but Orion's might be my favorite so far:

Also looked up the resources required to ascend him/Artemis and holy :lol: I hope everyone loves being eternally short on Hearts of a Foreign God.

I honestly want the riyo april fools art as permanent unlocks

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

At this point I have to assume Gil is actively sabotaging my rolls like a jerk.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

a kitten posted:

Well yeah all the good things belong to him.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Pureauthor posted:

The hell known as 5AP Dumpling Grinding awaits.

Definitely bad civilization.

is that the status quo for all the events? get the quest rewards and then roll the lowest difficulty for the currency?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Suicide Pacmen posted:

is that the status quo for all the events? get the quest rewards and then roll the lowest difficulty for the currency?

No, Moon Goddess is an unusual exception; generally the highest difficulty quest gives the best currency drops.

edit: Also some later events get vastly more complicated. I occasionally try to make sense of the event guides for the KnK or CCC events to work out what you'll need to do to get their event servants and my eyes just glaze over immediately.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 17, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

a kitten posted:

you dare steal the treasures of the king!?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

:toot: Dunno if she's even particularly good but I'll be damned if I wasn't going to max her out.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That's not a screenshot of you shoving grails in her mouth.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I guess I now am among the elite club that pulls 5*s and 4*s easily.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I don't need anymore Special Dumplings stop giving them to me game.:mad:

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I managed to get 6 copies of Mooncell Automaton so I limit broke one. To my horror, the text for the number of dango drops did not increase from 1 to 2. I guess that wasn't a thing implemented yet. These early events sure can be a clown fiesta.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Trihugger posted:

I managed to get 6 copies of Mooncell Automaton so I limit broke one. To my horror, the text for the number of dango drops did not increase from 1 to 2. I guess that wasn't a thing implemented yet. These early events sure can be a clown fiesta.

Yeah, it seems like none of the CEs get limit broken bonuses in this event; it must be something that was added later.

Dr Pepper posted:

I don't need anymore Special Dumplings stop giving them to me game.:mad:

You're going to have a loooong week.

edit: Though drab and repetitive as it may be my number one need right now is Yggdrasil Seeds so this event actually works out really well for me.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 17, 2017

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Trihugger posted:

The wiki says that there is limit break.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
That text was added in 2017, maybe it only happens in the re-run

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Yeah and that's how it works for every event CE, but I guess it wasn't implemented for the first event.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I'm still in the "I've never pulled a 5* except for CEs" pile.:mad:

Maybe that'll change but for now i'm just gonna try once i can get some more summon tickets. I already blew all my quartz.

This event is a bit repetitive, honestly.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Trihugger posted:

Yeah and that's how it works for every event CE, but I guess it wasn't implemented for the first event.

Pretty sure it was. It might be a typo. Top left of the prep screen or the yellow button should tell you your your total bonus, check what you get with/without the CE.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I didn't even get an Event CE.

:negative:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I did a 10 pull and spent tickets. Got the 5* CE that boosts drop rate, some of the 3* ones, and Marie Antoinette. Is she any good?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh boy, I got a golden archer, I'm sure it's...

oh wait it's just my third copy of Atlante...

I could not even get Euryale

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Bholder posted:

Oh boy, I got a golden archer, I'm sure it's...

oh wait it's just my third copy of Atlante...

I could not even get Euryale

Euryale isn't in the game until Okeanos comes out (assuming you're talking about NA).

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Euryale isn't gold, or even available at the moment. She comes out during Okeanos.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I did a 10 pull and spent tickets. Got the 5* CE that boosts drop rate, some of the 3* ones, and Marie Antoinette. Is she any good?

Well, Yoshimitsu, the first thing we always tell everyone here is that there are no bad servants.

NiceAaron
Oct 19, 2003

Devote your hearts to the cause~

Fat and Useless posted:

Full friends list :saddowns:

If you or anyone else needs a friend with a high-level EMIYA with +3 dango CE, send me an invite. User id: 869,272,627

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'm still in the "I've never pulled a 5* except for CEs" pile.:mad:

Maybe that'll change but for now i'm just gonna try once i can get some more summon tickets. I already blew all my quartz.

This event is a bit repetitive, honestly.

The only one I've ever gotten was Artoria forever ago. I might max ascend her because she gets a sweet mantle and ill fitting crown.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My third Servant to reach full Ascension in NA is my bro based Hassan:

Carry on, Antiquity Batman.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Kyte posted:

Pretty sure it was. It might be a typo. Top left of the prep screen or the yellow button should tell you your your total bonus, check what you get with/without the CE.

It's not a typo. It only changes by 1 when I unequipped it. The victory screen gives the same amount. I even checked my dango amount before and after a fight and it's not giving me anymore for having an LB CE.

It sucks, but not that big of a deal. It'd matter more if I planned on doing only the 5 AP quest, but that's way too much grinding for me. I have a Bathing Goddess CE so the 30 AP quest still gives me a decent amount of dango.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dango Unchained.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i decided to do a 30 quartz pull because hey why not, and i got my second 5* ce. the exact same as my first 5* ce, that increases NP damage by 40%. i assume this is, in fact, not useful.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

When I start up the game, when I see "Fate: GO," I can't help but think Fate: Global Offensive.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

NiceAaron posted:

If you or anyone else needs a friend with a high-level EMIYA with +3 dango CE, send me an invite. User id: 869,272,627

Thanks

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

rabidsquid posted:

i decided to do a 30 quartz pull because hey why not, and i got my second 5* ce. the exact same as my first 5* ce, that increases NP damage by 40%. i assume this is, in fact, not useful.

It has some real usage on characters that are built around using NPs. Arash and Medea come to mind.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Nate RFB posted:

Also looked up the resources required to ascend him/Artemis and holy :lol: I hope everyone loves being eternally short on Hearts of a Foreign God.

I've tried to warn you fuckin' people

anyway if the TL quality is improving I might take the time to start playing NA FGO again; I've got the resources to play and understand JP FGO, so I've been sticking with that (and I may have some prize shots to post).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
90 AP later that's the stupid Caster Gems done. Back to the dumplin' grind.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Marogareh posted:

The only one I've ever gotten was Artoria forever ago. I might max ascend her because she gets a sweet mantle and ill fitting crown.

My boyfriend got two loving artoria's within a week of eachother and all I get over here are Prototype Cu and Boudica :(

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I would gladly trade my NP3 Artoria for an NP1 Waver.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Welcome to the Saberface Club, fools

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

That is a lot of money and effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ratoslov posted:

That is a lot of money and effort.

I've only whaled a single pack of $40, on the anniversary guaranteed 5* a couple weeks ago (got Brynhildr).

Everything you see there is just farming effort and amazing goddamn luck.