Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh gently caress me, how do you move supports to the backline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

oh gently caress me, how do you move supports to the backline

Click the Line Up button on the Party Screen, and drag the Support Slot to the backline.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Dr Pepper posted:

You have no idea how sad I was when doing JPFGO when rolling on the Summer Banner, really wanting Medjed Nitocris. Seeing the Assassin Card pop up, get excited, and then see it was Stheno.

Speaking of that, are there any lucky JP players with a Support Merlin available in this thread, started a JP account just as this event was starting, and want to use Mash and Merlin to try and Cheese through the fights so I can upgrade Rider Ishtar's NP.

I have an NP2 Merlin you can use, friend. 593.320,516

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SpaceDrake posted:

I have an NP2 Merlin you can use, friend. 593.320,516

Thanks, I just put in the Friend Request. :)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Dr Pepper posted:

Thanks, I just put in the Friend Request. :)

If you're Teiling, I got you

I'll make sure to play some so that I remain on the active choices

if any other new goons need help on JP too, feel free to send requests, I can make room for goons

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nitis posted:

Who synergizes well with Tamamo Cat? I'm currently running Medea with her, but, without a solid support, she just gets nuked.

I've been using Martha simply because i have her and also she can wake Cat up from her murder induced coma. But, now that i finally rolled George i'm leveling him for that whole taunt thing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ever since someone told me earlier in the thread about George my team is Vlad/George/idc

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dr Pepper posted:

You have no idea how sad I was when doing JPFGO when rolling on the Summer Banner, really wanting Medjed Nitocris. Seeing the Assassin Card pop up, get excited, and then see it was Stheno.

Speaking of that, are there any lucky JP players with a Support Merlin available in this thread, started a JP account just as this event was starting, and want to use Mash and Merlin to try and Cheese through the fights so I can upgrade Rider Ishtar's NP.

I got the Merlin and just made space on my friend list.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, for Event CE, I have
Moonlight Fest x1 (+3 dumpling drop)
Moon Goddess' Bath x2 (100% dumpling drop)
Moony Jewel x2 (+2 dumpling drop)
Mooncell Automaton x2 (+1 dumpling)

Based on that, what stage should I be farming? And what CE should I be trying to use?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Dr Pepper posted:

I hope it works out for you, but if you haven't done any of the fights, Police Doge erases all the buffs of one person the turn he Noble Phantasms. However, I did luck out and sort of cheese it with Cuzerker and Mash. Mash taunted which made the enemy remove all of Mash's buffs, but with taunt removed, he decided to NP Cu instead. Cu survived due to Guts and kept on fighting. Also keep in mind that this Servant's NP ignores Dodge, so your starting Mystic Code's dodge skill or Protection from Arrows won't help you against it. And last but not least, his NP has a decent Instant Death chance so even if it deals 0 damage, it may still kill you.

You could try to find someone with a strong BB in their Extra support slot. I don't know if it's possible for BB to carry the whole fight, but if there's a Servant to do it, it's her.

There is also a fight with 2 Rider servants that have two health bars each, which may cause problems against Casters. Thankfully, there's 4 or 5 useless mook reinforcements between the two, so unless you want an extra challenge, you can fight them separately.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Which 2* servants are worth leveling up and ascending (on NA)? I'm guessing Shakespeare isn't even if he looks cool.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Which 2* servants are worth leveling up and ascending (on NA)? I'm guessing Shakespeare isn't even if he looks cool.

Cursed Arm Hassan and Saint George.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

H.C.Anderson makes a good support caster if you don't have Waver.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hans too.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

the_steve posted:

So, for Event CE, I have
Moonlight Fest x1 (+3 dumpling drop)
Moon Goddess' Bath x2 (100% dumpling drop)
Moony Jewel x2 (+2 dumpling drop)
Mooncell Automaton x2 (+1 dumpling)

Based on that, what stage should I be farming? And what CE should I be trying to use?

For farming for Dango, Use everything at once except for the 2 Mooncell Automatons, with your friend support having a Moonlight Fest. Grind on the 5 AP free quest until you can buy everything you want from the store.

The reason for this is that this tends to give you the highest payout per AP used.

Note that this may be the only event that you can do that, since every other event that I have seen on Cirnopedia uses more than one currency for the store.

Also, Moon Goddess' Bath is always a better choice than Mooncell Automaton, since it will always give at least 1 Dango, like MA, but can also give more, depending on the base drop.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

St. George - Awesome Tank
Cursed Arm Hassan - Good Star Generator
Hans Christian Andersen - Budget Waver

Shakespeare is ok as a budget Buster support, but nothing special.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm reading ahead on cirnopedia about the GUDA GUDA event, and it is looking like a level of grinding hell that I have rarely seen even from an Eastern made MMO. How true is that? I'm not very optimistic about it at all.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

I'm reading ahead on cirnopedia about the GUDA GUDA event, and it is looking like a level of grinding hell that I have rarely seen even from an Eastern made MMO. How true is that? I'm not very optimistic about it at all.

It introduces the Servant drop bonuses, so it's not as bad a sit looks.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Gologle posted:

The early events, if they launch in the form they did in Japan (and it appears they will) tend to be hella grindy, but yeah Guda was the first event to ameliorate the grind a bit. Later events are better about it and give you more to do and a wider spread of rewards.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trihugger posted:

I hope it works out for you, but if you haven't done any of the fights, Police Doge erases all the buffs of one person the turn he Noble Phantasms. However, I did luck out and sort of cheese it with Cuzerker and Mash. Mash taunted which made the enemy remove all of Mash's buffs, but with taunt removed, he decided to NP Cu instead. Cu survived due to Guts and kept on fighting. Also keep in mind that this Servant's NP ignores Dodge, so your starting Mystic Code's dodge skill or Protection from Arrows won't help you against it. And last but not least, his NP has a decent Instant Death chance so even if it deals 0 damage, it may still kill you.

You could try to find someone with a strong BB in their Extra support slot. I don't know if it's possible for BB to carry the whole fight, but if there's a Servant to do it, it's her.

There is also a fight with 2 Rider servants that have two health bars each, which may cause problems against Casters. Thankfully, there's 4 or 5 useless mook reinforcements between the two, so unless you want an extra challenge, you can fight them separately.

Yeah, after trying a couple different comps against doggo I'm pretty sure I'm not beating him. At least not without command spelling to resurrect. Maybe if my stall team was a little better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

Guda is actually the first well-designed event. Clearing out the shop is pretty possible.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Bakanogami posted:

Yeah, after trying a couple different comps against doggo I'm pretty sure I'm not beating him. At least not without command spelling to resurrect. Maybe if my stall team was a little better.

Popping all three command seals to snag an Ishtar copy is a 100% legit reason to use the seals, especially if you're just sitting on them. Do a test run or two, make sure you got your strat worked out, then figure out what you want to do on rez and go for it.

Endorph posted:

Guda is actually the first well-designed event. Clearing out the shop is pretty possible.

Also, Nobu is a pretty solid freebie Archer compared to when she launches. We have some of Emiya's buffs in place but not all of them, so she'll be good for a while.

It's when the events start offering Servants that they begin to get good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Halloween had the free Caster Liz.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

i forgot which one came first

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Hmmm, I've been thinking about Saber Wars and I guess it's probably likely that it'll come out after new years since Last Jedi is releasing in December 15th, 2017. But China got Saber Wars randomly with no tie in so :shrug:

All I'm saying is that I want Salter, but I'd rather roll when the SSR rateup is MHX and not Kintoki.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Ah yes I remember back during release they tried to do time sensitive quests and the servers crashed during the hours the quests were up.

I'm glad they switched to letting you clear quests at your leisure.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Bakanogami posted:

After getting beat up by him several times in Shinjuku, I abandoned the idea that I could stall against the doggy. I picked a Support Cuzerker and turned the fight into a damage dealing race. I still ran support servants like Waver and Mash, because keeping Cu alive longer is more damage than throwing some non-Berserker damage dealer into the mix. An idea might be to use a single Command Seal to recharge Cu's NP and health since getting off 1 NP per enemy health bar pretty much wins the fight. Even if he dies on the third health bar without using an NP, hopefully the rest of your servants can finish the job.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Found a NP 5 BB support. Was still close.

On another point. How does overcharge work? If you do a chain the next one gets 1 charge but do skill/CE charges count? For example Edison uses his boost on the first NP making it 3. Is the second then OC 4 or only 2?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

genericnick posted:

Found a NP 5 BB support. Was still close.

On another point. How does overcharge work? If you do a chain the next one gets 1 charge but do skill/CE charges count? For example Edison uses his boost on the first NP making it 3. Is the second then OC 4 or only 2?

Think its +0%, +100%, +200% charge on each NP in a chain.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

genericnick posted:

do skill/CE charges count? For example Edison uses his boost on the first NP making it 3. Is the second then OC 4 or only 2?
I tested it now and CE + Edison stacks. So that that's a easy 500% on first card chain.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've been kind of wanting to ask about some of the more complicated events like Halloween and GUDAGUDA but figured it'd be better to wait until they got announced. Since they seem so much more complex and rely on a multitude of factors and numerous CEs, my first impression was that they'd be events where you kind of just have to pick your battles and what handful of shop items you actually feel you need to get.

a kitten posted:

I've been using Martha simply because i have her and also she can wake Cat up from her murder induced coma. But, now that i finally rolled George i'm leveling him for that whole taunt thing.
Welcome to the Mr. George fold, friend. He will go down pretty quickly at first but once you hit level ~35 or so he'll start occasionally surviving to the end of a 40AP run, and at 45 he'll almost always make it. Extrapolate from that how long he'd survive in normal/event content and, well, there you go.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Trihugger posted:

An idea might be to use a single Command Seal to recharge Cu's NP and health since getting off 1 NP per enemy health bar pretty much wins the fight.

Doesn't it take two command spells to recharge both his NP and his health? Or am I missing something?

Unfortunately I think it's going to take more than a good support for my only two level 50 servants to win me extra Ishtars. I managed to cheese the assassin/berserker fight using the One Dumb Trick To Win Any FGO Battle, but I can probably only do that once more before the shop closes.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Sumenai literally need caster nero's skillset to make his gimmick work.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

How to make Sumanai good:

1) Turn Disengage into Armor of Fafnir, which gives a Heal, DMG Cut, DEF Up and Taunt [3 Turns].

Boom.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Alternatively, delete Sumanai altogether and say it was a practice run to release the true Siegfried. Gosh, just hire me already DW, you can pay me in guarenteed 5* Servants.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

How to make Sumanai good:

1) Turn Disengage into Armor of Fafnir, which gives a Heal, DMG Cut, DEF Up and Taunt [3 Turns].

Boom.

Release a 5* female Seigfried.:boom:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

EzEight posted:

Release a 5* female Seigfried.:boom:
There are some terrible 5* female actually. Still can get the job done stat wise, but...

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
So I lucked into 2 drops of Moonlight Bath, as well as the bought one from the store. However I don't know if I have time left to grind out enough dangos for the last two. I'm currently on about 800 after converting rares, if I went full hog on 5ap for the last day and a half with a +14 to drops, maybe burn a few of my remaining apples, would I be able to make up time?

And it is worth limit breaking this one if I did get 5 copies? It seems a nice effect, but at this stage of the game, maybe its better to have multiple copies of a nice effect than one copy of a stronger one. Plus if this does get rerun in a year, it might be cool to keep a leg up. Its not like I'm likely to have trouble storing CEs anytime soon, as even this early 3* CEs are only worth keeping 1 copy of at most.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Question about card chains as per this info. 1) All of the % bonuses are additive with each other right? 2) What's the damage bonus for a Buster Chain (since that doesn't seem to be listed)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Sciencegar posted:

So I lucked into 2 drops of Moonlight Bath, as well as the bought one from the store. However I don't know if I have time left to grind out enough dangos for the last two. I'm currently on about 800 after converting rares, if I went full hog on 5ap for the last day and a half with a +14 to drops, maybe burn a few of my remaining apples, would I be able to make up time?

And it is worth limit breaking this one if I did get 5 copies? It seems a nice effect, but at this stage of the game, maybe its better to have multiple copies of a nice effect than one copy of a stronger one. Plus if this does get rerun in a year, it might be cool to keep a leg up. Its not like I'm likely to have trouble storing CEs anytime soon, as even this early 3* CEs are only worth keeping 1 copy of at most.

It really doesn't seem that strong a craft essence.