Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Lancelot kills waves and makes scads of crit stars, Kintoki kills bosses. The answer is both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That's quite a success indeed. Lucky Bastard.

It was kind of a cool effect when I got her. It initially showed up as yet another silver Saber card, then suddenly piece-by-piece turned into a gold card. I don't know if any other ones do that.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Nick Biped posted:

It was kind of a cool effect when I got her. It initially showed up as yet another silver Saber card, then suddenly piece-by-piece turned into a gold card. I don't know if any other ones do that.

That's just an animation that can happen any time you roll a gold.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It also doesn't need a spoiler tag, silvers turning into golds happens quite a bit.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Well, that was a satisfying result to listening to someone telling me to man up and just burn my last pull on Jeanne instead of saving for Waver.

Saber Alter, Heaven's Feel, Prisma Cosmos, and Jeanne all on the same pull.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

New Leaf posted:

Is it generally considered a better use of Ascension resources ascending someone high level, making someone already fairly powerful even more powerful, or low level, potentially filling out weaker spots in your roster? I don't have enough Serpents Eyes to Ascend Orion, but I could do Stheno now.. I know she isn't the greatest but she's the only good Assassin I have.

The prior. At this point in game, one super strong orion will carries you far, and you might get better assassin later. Leveling Hassan is still better than stheno.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Threw two pulls at the Jeanna-up day for the hell of it.

First pull was a bunch of garbage.

Second pull was all of the 3-Star Riders I've already NP 5'd (including a bonus Ushiwakamaru), a Robin Hood (also already NP 5'd), and... Berserker 5: THE GOLDEN. Oh, and the Taiga Craft Essence.

So now I have Heracles, Lancelot and THE GOLDEN for Berserkers. What do?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

So now I have Heracles, Lancelot and THE GOLDEN for Berserkers. What do?

As always the answer is that they have different jobs. Heracles is for not dying, Golden Boy is for killing bosses, and Lancelot is for throwing into second archive because Kiyohime is just better farming.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I wish I had more phoenix plumes so I can max out George and use him +2 berserkers all the time. It's ridiculous using two hercs and him to lay waste to everything at this point.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I got incredibly lucky last Thursday and got 2 Plumes in a row.

Then the entirety of Friday was spent in a futile hunt for Chaos Claws...

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Marogareh posted:

I wish I had more phoenix plumes so I can max out George and use him +2 berserkers all the time. It's ridiculous using two hercs and him to lay waste to everything at this point.

It's arguably even more ridiculous if you replace George with Leonidas for more Buster chains and eventually an all allies buster boost.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Pureauthor posted:

I got incredibly lucky last Thursday and got 2 Plumes in a row.

Then the entirety of Friday was spent in a futile hunt for Chaos Claws...

I had about the same. Was farming Theirs for Lance and Medea. Got super lucky with some 2 and 3 Claw runs. Now I've hit 3 Dailies the past week and a half and can't get the 1 berzerker monument I need to ascend Lance.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is there a way to get rid of support or do we have to use one forever

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

is there a way to get rid of support or do we have to use one forever

You can put them in the last slot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
No, I want to kick them out for more bond points grinding.

it's impossible, isn't it? :(

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
You'll never NP5 Angra Mainyu with that attitude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

No, I want to kick them out for more bond points grinding.

it's impossible, isn't it? :(

yeah you only ever have 5 party slots + a support slot, not 6 slots, one of which is a support slot. there's no battle in this game, ever, where one of your slots isn't a support.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

Technically they sound the same, they're only spelt differently.

Just compromise and call her Seibaa.

There are clear references to the Roman names in the materials.

quote:

Fate/complete material III: World Material - The Servants of the Fifth Holy Grail War: Saber, p.020-021 [T]
Once up on a time, there was a king in England named Arthur Pendragon. He was the legendary king who staunchly defended the land from the invading Saxons for a long period of time.
The name Arthur, written in the fashion of Romans is “Artorius”. Its feminine form is “Artoria”, which is the true name of Saber.

quote:

TYPE-MOON Fes. Official Pamphlet 10th Anniversary Q & A Booklet:

Q: Why are Red Saber and Blue Saber so similar? Are they related?

A: They are very different!
They are different like Takeuchi Takashi and Arco Wada. Or like buckwheat noodles and udon.
The model of King Arthur were said to be a fusion of two individuals, and one of them is the Roman general Artorius. I guess there are some relationships.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I finally got my first Third Ascension! :woop:

Though its Medusa and her Second appearance is best, so it wont change much except for strength yay.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/nerosai3/

Info on the next event over in JP. Looks like a new Nero festival?

Kinda regretting dumping my quartz on the class rate up. All I got was Ibaraki Douji and a bunch of bad duplicate CEs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Huh. Bryn is on rateup again at long last.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I finally got my first Third Ascension! :woop:

Though its Medusa and her Second appearance is best, so it wont change much except for strength yay.

I'm so glad you can choose what version you want on all aspects. I really like Robin with his hood on and Jeanne's first version way better.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, do they actually add story in the future versions of Nero Colosseum? (Well, "story". Something in the vein of the dumpling event. Random and silly, but with Servants interacting with each other and stuff)

Because it looks like there was a bit of story there?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/nerosai3/

Info on the next event over in JP. Looks like a new Nero festival?

Kinda regretting dumping my quartz on the class rate up. All I got was Ibaraki Douji and a bunch of bad duplicate CEs.

Hell yeah Nero fest. Gonna have Cu Alter carry me through all the super tough matches again, this time with Merlin!

Even if odds are they'll all be tuned to be anti Merlin. :v:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Neato, Bryn's back! Maybe I'll manage to get NP2 from the event tickets, 'cause I sure as hell don't have anymore quartz. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Overlord K posted:

Hell yeah Nero fest. Gonna have Cu Alter carry me through all the super tough matches again, this time with Merlin!

Even if odds are they'll all be tuned to be anti Merlin. :v:
the way they're being tuned to be anti-merlin is that you can't have a support servant that's already in your party, so no double merlin.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pureauthor posted:

Huh. Bryn is on rateup again at long last.

And she's getting new animations.

Her cheerleader CE looks ok, too. +6% all cards and gain 3 stars a turn.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quick guide for the 2016 exhibition quests. If they get altered any, well, I'm owned.

quote:

1: Twelve Trials
Berserker Hercules
Level: 70
HP: 242,032
Special Skills:
Guts 11 times, 50% HP (Unremovable)
Reduce arts card performance of all enemies for 999 turns (Uses once at the start of the battle, removable

First thing you'll want to do is cleanse his arts debuff. Rider Martha can do it for the entire party, the Atlas academy uniform lets you do it for one ally, and there's a decent number of Servants with self-cleanses. He only uses it on the frontliners, so just make sure your frontline has some way to deal with it as a group. He takes a while to kill, and even if all your servants only have one arts card, that's still damage and NP gain you're missing out on.

Besides that, hes' a pretty straightforward Berserker. Since he guts'es so much, the main idea is to space out your damage buffs instead of blowing them all. 500k damage is functionally the same as 120k, under the circumstances. Hercules is a [Male] [Divine] [Greek], so servants with big attack buffs or NPs that specifically target him down would include Medb, Scathach, Ruler Martha, Orion, Euryale, both Archer and Berserker Nobunaga, and El Dorado Berserker. Overall, he can be taken out with pretty basic tactics (Mash + Hans + A Damage Dealer) without much issue.

quote:

2: Teacher and Student, Light and Shadow
Lancer Cu Chulainn
HP: 306,976
Special Skills:
Instant Kill All Enemies, basic attacks have a high chance to instant-kill (Used when Scathach is defeated)

Lancer Scathach
Level: 90
HP: 518,875
Special Skills:
Instant Kill All Enemies, basic attacks have a high chance to instant-kill (Used when Cu Chulainn is defeated)
NP Seal all enemies for 3 turns (Used once at the start of the battle)

This is a pretty simple gimmick. Obviously, you want to kill them both in the same turn. The only real difficulty in that is if they decide to get cute with their dodge skills. Servants with invincible pierce or those who can grant it to others, such as Musashi, Holmes, or the Count of Monte Cristo are all useful. Summer Frankenstein can also remove their buffs.

quote:

Night of a Hundred Murders
A whole metric fuckton of random assassins
Skills:

The Scrawny Ones:
Defense Down and Quick Down when defeated (2 Turns)

The Buff Ones:
Defense Down and Buster Down when defeated (2 Turns)

The Cloaked Ones:
Defense Down and Arts Down when defeated (2 Turns)

Assassin Cursed Arm Hassan
HP: 48,444
Skills:
Instant-kill one enemy when defeated

Assassin Hassan of Serenity
HP: 83,790
Skills:

Assassin Hundred-Faced Hassan
HP: 83,790
Skills:

Assassin Cursed Arm Hassan (again)
HP: 121,110
Skills:
Instant-kill all enemies when defeated

have you ever wanted an excuse to use caster cu because oh boy do i have the challenge quest for you

For real though, the Hassan skills that instant kill you are buffs on the Hassans. In other words, they can be dispelled. Whos' a caster who dispels buffs with a single target NP? Oh, right, Medea. Just bring her, Mash, and a caster with an AOE NP, and you can probably figure out the rest. If you don't have Medea leveled and don't want to go through the effort, you could also cheese the instant-kills with Guts. Paracelsus is a good choice for that, or Caster Cu. This is basically a playground for all the random 3* casters. Heck, bring Gilles if you like. Sure as gently caress nobody else is going to. Passionlip is also a good choice, if you rolled her during CCC.

this is all i feel like writing for now, i'll do the other 4 quests later. tbh im 50/50 just doing this so people playing the na version can reply with 'what the gently caress'

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

Marogareh posted:

I'm so glad you can choose what version you want on all aspects. I really like Robin with his hood on and Jeanne's first version way better.

Where's the option for the main card? I prefer Medusa in her original gear to the....swimsuit....suspenders....thing, but while I can change the icon and the sprite, the main card, and the resulting images on the mission screen, remain.

Also yeah, sounds like the power creep is real for those to be your challenge quests. Yet, I can imagine the kinds of JP teams I see on youtube challenge runs to be able to handle it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

the way they're being tuned to be anti-merlin is that you can't have a support servant that's already in your party, so no double merlin.

drat, now whales will have to settle for Merlin + Waver

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sciencegar posted:

Where's the option for the main card? I prefer Medusa in her original gear to the....swimsuit....suspenders....thing, but while I can change the icon and the sprite, the main card, and the resulting images on the mission screen, remain.

Also yeah, sounds like the power creep is real for those to be your challenge quests. Yet, I can imagine the kinds of JP teams I see on youtube challenge runs to be able to handle it.
Go to her card screen, swipe the actual main card to the left until you hit the one you like, then leave it there and hit back.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
gently caress yeah, finally got the last Saber Monument to get Altera to 90 :toot:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want more grails to get Asterios to lvl 100 10/10/10

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's good civilization.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Asterios is a very good Grailing candidate. His Noble Phantasm is honestly one of the best debuff NPs in the game.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
He's also very very fluffy

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

So, I'm 15 days in. Things have gotten significantly better.

When I began this trek, I pulled what was perhaps the worst possible combination of opening cards: Marie Antoinette for my 4*, and only Boudica for another servant in my opening pack. As you can imagine, the game is substantially more difficult when you're low level with that line up.

Thankfully, things got better.

Marie improves substantially once you get her second skill, and she becomes a regenerating invincible tank. Boudica becomes substantially when you feed her to St. Martha.

Getting a decent stable of 2-3*s (Robin Hood, Cu Cuchulain, Medea, Kiyohime, Hassan, Hans), also helped.

And then, using my time on a plane ride over the weekend as an excuse to level myself up to 45 via the discount costed missions has allowed me to level up a great number of them into the 30s and 40s.

Yes, the game has gotten a lot better since its inauspicious start. Perhaps I should have rerolled, but who cares now?

The only thing I'm puzzled about is what to do with my third 4*: I cannot seem to build an effective team around Lancelot. I've read strategy online, but perhaps I'm just not getting the playstyle correct? He's currently level 42, while she is only level 40 and his higher stats that Kiyohime, so he should play better than she does. Any advice there?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Put Georgios to tank since Lancelot has jack poo poo for defense and pair him with a Hassan for crit generation. Get fous from the shop and feed him.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Toph Bei Fong posted:

The only thing I'm puzzled about is what to do with my third 4*: I cannot seem to build an effective team around Lancelot. I've read strategy online, but perhaps I'm just not getting the playstyle correct? He's currently level 42, while she is only level 40 and his higher stats that Kiyohime, so he should play better than she does. Any advice there?

Lancelot works well with teammates that can give him Crit stars to use to obliterate the enemy once ever 7-5 turns (depending on skill investment).

Hassan and Hans both make good team mates for him. Hassan for generating the crit stars, and Hans for increasing Crit damage, giving him a bit more crit stars, and his NP buffs him both offensive, defensively, and heals him. Very important for a Berserker.

Edit: ^ George makes a Very Good Teammate for any Berserker due to being able to hold aggro too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also give him a CE that either increases Buster when you have him whack enemies really hard with his chain or increase stargen if you are having him use his NP a lot