Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Freak Futanari posted:

He's also very very fluffy

He's a good boy who's had a hard life and I'm gonna adopt him and take care of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

He's a good boy who's had a hard life and I'm gonna adopt him and take care of him.
euryale beat you to that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
No but seriously, if they sold big plush Asterios I'd buy one.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I just started this game, and I'm halfway through Rome with my friends Saber Lily carrying me across the tough content. So far, I've had about 4-5 full pulls, and I only have one 4* Servant (Marie Antoinette, but she's really adorable in the France segment), and I just pulled my first 5*, an Essence called 'The Black Grail'.

At 4*, besides Marie Antoinette, I only have Essences: Moony Jewel (Though this is enhanced 3 times), Seal Designation Enforcer, Angel's Song, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Projection and Primeval Curse.

I also have at 3*: Medea, Kiyohime, Cu Chulainn (Prototype), Mash and Jing Ke.

I was also really sad when the director got murked. She seemed like she was cool and my friend.

Where should I go from here? Is there stuff I should be doing daily? Why is Guillotine Breaker so cute?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

Where should I go from here? Is there stuff I should be doing daily? Why is Guillotine Breaker so cute?

Level servants while waiting for next chapter, daily quests for exp/QP/mats, because Marie is good

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Clawtopsy posted:

Clear daily quests for Mana Prisms, EXP cards to level up your Servants, and get QP points so you're able to do any leveling at all. Clear free quests that are on the story maps to get free quartz and if your bond level is high enough with some Servants, check to see if their Interlude Quest unlocked so you can get a free quartz to complete it. And by doing all these things, you'll get more FP, Master EXP to get more AP and so on and so forth, you can just read the second post in the OP.

Vive la France.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Today is waver day, time to try a ten roll for Salter, and possibly Waver on that minuscule chance.

Got Salter on the second card. Only one black key.

Any reason to keep more than one Seal designation enforcer (600% C star gather)?

Sadly Salter will need to wait for Altera to get full ascension, but she's a very nice pick.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Ashsaber posted:

Today is waver day, time to try a ten roll for Salter, and possibly Waver on that minuscule chance.

Got Salter on the second card. Only one black key.

Any reason to keep more than one Seal designation enforcer (600% C star gather)?

Sadly Salter will need to wait for Altera to get full ascension, but she's a very nice pick.

You might accumulate enough to max limit break some day and between the 300 CE slots, Second Archives, and the very small amount of stuff you get for burning 5* CE's I'd say keep any extras you have.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Okay time to do a 10 pull tryin to get a Waver...

Holy Shroud and Projection.

I'm not amused.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Trihugger posted:

You might accumulate enough to max limit break some day and between the 300 CE slots, Second Archives, and the very small amount of stuff you get for burning 5* CE's I'd say keep any extras you have.

I mean, I probably don't need two or more copies sitting around, since the very purpose seems to be opposed to using two at once. Should I just start towards max limit break now? I definitely wasn't going to burn it though.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm glad a lot of my friends have Waver at least. Ugh.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
At least I have NP2 salter now :downs:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i flew close to the sun and challenged the gacha while looking for martha and waver

i got burned real hard on ~20ish rolls. i should've been happy w/ kintoki and walked.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Tsurupettan posted:

i flew close to the sun and challenged the gacha while looking for martha and waver

i got burned real hard on ~20ish rolls. i should've been happy w/ kintoki and walked.

I got a Black Grail on my second bad idea pull and that's it. 20 rolls down the hole. Still no 5 star servant. They don't exist.

I do have like one of every CE though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Freak Futanari posted:

Level servants while waiting for next chapter, daily quests for exp/QP/mats, because Marie is good

Compendium posted:

Clear daily quests for Mana Prisms, EXP cards to level up your Servants, and get QP points so you're able to do any leveling at all. Clear free quests that are on the story maps to get free quartz and if your bond level is high enough with some Servants, check to see if their Interlude Quest unlocked so you can get a free quartz to complete it. And by doing all these things, you'll get more FP, Master EXP to get more AP and so on and so forth, you can just read the second post in the OP.

Vive la France.

Thank you!

Last question, how do I make Marie as swole as possible so she can vive the gently caress out of la france? I hear she is bad but she is just so happy to be here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Marie's not great but she's fine. She doesn't die.

Get her to the level cap and you can spend Grails on her, limited stock items that can increase any servant's level cap. Each grail increases the servant's level cap by 5, except when you get to 90, at which point they only increase it by 2 each. The hard cap is level 100. There are 3 grails in the game currently, one for each story chapter, so you could grail Marie up to level 92. New grails are gained from new story chapters and from major events - it'll probably be around early next year before there's enough Grails in the game to get Marie to level 100. Grails are pretty much the ultimate way of declaring to the world that a servant is your favorite.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 6, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Ashsaber posted:

I mean, I probably don't need two or more copies sitting around, since the very purpose seems to be opposed to using two at once. Should I just start towards max limit break now? I definitely wasn't going to burn it though.

Sure, you could do that. I don't think there will be any times where you'd want 2 Bazett CEs at the same time.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
Hoping for Waver, Kintoki, or SAlter from the pulls and got 2 of them. Still missing Waver. I have a Vlad and Nero that I want to finish ascending first before I pour resources into developing those two however.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Ashsaber posted:

If you have more than one servant in your support slots that would get good use out of that CE, then that's one reason to keep multiple I guess

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

This makes me angry because the meme no longer makes sense once you change what the sign says

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"I wonder how Siegfried is doing..."

"Apologies, but may I have a moment..."

"The Fate/Apocrypha anime is currently airing on on Tokyo MX, Sundays at midnight."

"You can also order the originals novels off of Type-Moon's website."

"Have a Sumanice day, Master..."

"That was... incredibly shameless."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Freak Futanari posted:

This makes me angry because the meme no longer makes sense once you change what the sign says

Salve for... herpes?

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Endorph posted:

"Have a Sumanice day, Master..."

:pusheen:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My ten roll for Waver came up short but I did get a Martha and Salter out of it so that's not so bad.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 6, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

That pun is a lie, he actually says he's counting on you

then again his first sentence actually does end with sumanai

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 6, 2017

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Threw a ticket at waver and pulled...Jeanne? I mean cool but I'm dudes only. Threw 20 more rolls and got nothing except 1 kaliedo which is cool.

Anyone have the problem I do this week where the master missions are invisible in the list until you complete them?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Quetzadilla posted:

Threw a ticket at waver and pulled...Jeanne? I mean cool but I'm dudes only. Threw 20 more rolls and got nothing except 1 kaliedo which is cool.

Anyone have the problem I do this week where the master missions are invisible in the list until you complete them?

Change your filter options.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Alright, as I said and promised, I spent 5 tickets and 1 ten roll, hoping to get Waver. I got another Heracles (fantastic, I love him) and two Black Grails, as well as 2 runestones and 1 Taiga Sure Hit card. It's not Waver, but hell, I'll take it. I consider myself pretty fortunate with this roll, as in my earlier spending splurge on Gilgamesh there was at least 1 roll where it was basically just Black Keys all the way. Compared to that, anything else is gravy.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
7 Jeannes and 3 Jacks, before I got ONE Gorgon. :shepface:

I'll throw this last 90 quartz at her devoted girlfriend, Brynhildr, instead.

Endorph posted:

Marie's not great but she's fine. She doesn't die.

Pretty much. She's like Jeanne or George. They are good at what they do, but the boss and battle design has been changing to focus on burning the enemy down as fast as possible, so purely defensive Servants aren't viewed as favorably as they were early on in the game's life.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Schubalts posted:

...the boss and battle design has been changing to focus on burning the enemy down as fast as possible, so purely defensive Servants aren't viewed as favorably as they were early on in the game's life.

Okay, i have to ask; what makes you say this? The game as of EoR has added an explicit mechanic to make sure battles take x many turns no matter what and boss HP numbers have been ballooning to the point where challenge bosses now can have 3m hp, to say nothing of enemies with powerful defensive gimmicks. Defensive strategies have been more important than ever in my game, and I have no idea how you one round later bosses short of having thrown so much money that you can Jalter Waver Merlin.

For my part, I used a buddy Marie on the first fight of the final boss and her healing made it a lot more possible. I still frequently use Mash on harder fights because doing enough damage before I run out of health is a persistent problem.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If anything, later down the line, stall teams are more important. You will want your boss killers, but Servants that keep your party alive are really essential.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I spent this month's summon tickets on Waver day and got nothing but 3* CEs, so I tried a 10 roll and ended up with Kintoki. :toot: Sorry Herc, someone else just got dibs on all our future octuplet crystals.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I fell to temptation and used a ticket "Worst I'll get is a stupid CE" I thought. Oh boy, a servant! Gilles Saber. :negative:

Oh well, at least it was only one ticket and it fed the gatcha urge for a bit.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Change your filter options.

...gently caress

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Compendium posted:

If anything, later down the line, stall teams are more important. You will want your boss killers, but Servants that keep your party alive are really essential.

I'm really glad I rolled Jeanne. Sure she may be kind of power-creeped later, but always having the option to have an "Ignore Enemy Noble Phantasm" button is useful*

*Except for when there are fights that ignore invincibility. :gonk:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Only got the black grail on Waver day which is ok I guess. I'd slap it on Medea easily if I had any drat caster gems to raise her heal. Got three sure hit so any funny guy who tries to spam evade will get destroyed.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This game's gacha is particularly nasty. Not only are the SR/SSR rates really low, but also there's a lot of useless equipment in there too. Doing a multisummon and mostly getting items never feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Meanwhile, people one ticket the rate up at semi-regular reportings. :11tea: