Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I will accept an Aloha (Summer) Cu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, the rerun of the 2016 exhibition match against Gilgamesh only has the hardest version of the fight, so gently caress DW

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Prototype Cu looks sooo much cooler than the normal and superior Cu..

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Speaking of Cu, best dog just clutched out against Gilgamesh. It's both sad and amazing how many times I gently caress up on these harder quests before Cu comes to save the day.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well, got a Feather, 2 Seeds, and a bunch of Hero Proofs. I'll take it. Now to see to tomorrow and the endless grind for Claws.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

TheFireMagi posted:

Speaking of Cu, best dog just clutched out against Gilgamesh. It's both sad and amazing how many times I gently caress up on these harder quests before Cu comes to save the day.

I'm honestly baffled that Lancer Cu is just a 3 star.

I mean, it's great because it means he's easy to get.

But he's so absurdly unkillable it's obscene.

They could have easily had Caster Cu be the 3 star version of him, then made his Lancer self a 4 star.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm honestly baffled that Lancer Cu is just a 3 star.

I mean, it's great because it means he's easy to get.

But he's so absurdly unkillable it's obscene.

They could have easily had Caster Cu be the 3 star version of him, then made his Lancer self a 4 star.

fgo is actually a good game, so they wanted decent, usable units to be 3*s

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah but Lancer Cu Chulainn goes well beyond "decent, usable"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah? There are intentionally a good number of 1-3s with good skills and utility in spite of lower stats/caps.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

It is weird that Lancer Cu isn't ranked higher, considering he's pretty much Irish Hercules.

drat, I need a few more phoenix feathers and horseshoes to finish my final Medusa ascension.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eh, he's super hard to kill but his damage is pretty lacklustre and he doesnt do much outside of not die and eventually use his NP. he has flaws.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
After someone mentioned you could basically make Cu into a 4* stats-wise if you grailed him up to 80 I've definitely been eying doing just that when I get enough. That sounds a lot more fun than getting a 5* up to 100 and maybe adding 2,000 HP/Atk to them.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Endorph posted:

eh, he's super hard to kill but his damage is pretty lacklustre and he doesnt do much outside of not die and eventually use his NP. he has flaws.

If you can not die hard enough you will eventually win, and that sounds S-tier to me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Realized I had a summon ticket, decided to toss it into the void since I've given up all hope of getting anything good from the Gacha, ended up pulling the Black Grail.
I don't know how to feel about this, I mean, what's an effective use for it?
Right now, my team is pretty much beatsticks and waifus: Mash, Medusa, Hercules, Emiya, Attilla, since the game doesn't require strategy or team composition yet.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

the_steve posted:

Realized I had a summon ticket, decided to toss it into the void since I've given up all hope of getting anything good from the Gacha, ended up pulling the Black Grail.
I don't know how to feel about this, I mean, what's an effective use for it?
Right now, my team is pretty much beatsticks and waifus: Mash, Medusa, Hercules, Emiya, Attilla, since the game doesn't require strategy or team composition yet.

Black Grail goes on anyone who has a strong NP and can generate NP really fast to mitigate the damage penalty. Right now, the ideal user is either Medea who can pop NP turn 1 with some skill leveling, or someone else who has an NP charge like Kintoki + Waver.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Flappy Bert posted:

Black Grail goes on anyone who has a strong NP and can generate NP really fast to mitigate the damage penalty. Right now, the ideal user is either Medea who can pop NP turn 1 with some skill leveling, or someone else who has an NP charge like Kintoki + Waver.

This and also I believe Okeanos introduces a servant with a very powerful NP that increases in strength as HP goes down.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
I've been grinding the 10-halved AP monster event today to get fangs and bones for lily and Jing Ke, its been rather lucrative compared to the usual grinding, but 5ap grind gets mind-numbing. I'm wondering if I should continue for the next 3 hours, or just let the time lapse and save it for tomorrows monster quests, so I have more for 20-halved AP farming for snake jewels, and can finally get Gils 2nd ascension. So it's balancing my sanity being eroded by grind versus staying up late to empty my AP bar. Thoughts?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
In the land of gacha, sanity is hindrance.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I'm pretty set on what characters I really wanna use, but most of them don't come out yet, so I'm left with using various 3 star and lower characters, so I'm wondering: Are there any recommendations on fun interludes for 1 2 or 3 star characters? I'm not too concerned about gameplay impact, so I'm mostly just talking about story.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

most of the bronze berserkers have funny ones just because they're such weird characters to write around

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gloomy Rube posted:

I'm pretty set on what characters I really wanna use, but most of them don't come out yet, so I'm left with using various 3 star and lower characters, so I'm wondering: Are there any recommendations on fun interludes for 1 2 or 3 star characters? I'm not too concerned about gameplay impact, so I'm mostly just talking about story.

All the interlude stories are quite short and light, so I think there's going to be a lot of personal preference to it. Like the berserkers, for example; if you like that berserker and their gimmick then you're going to be more into that interlude than one where you're not.

I enjoyed CA Hassan's, D'Eon's, Heracles', Medusa's and Kiyohime's, but none of them were so obviously great that I can insist that everyone else would enjoy them too.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Mata Hari has the single most boring interlude which makes sense because she's the single most boring servant.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Is Robin Hood good? I mean, a smoking guy in a deep hood is very cute. I don't have an Archer, but do have lots of Archer Food. Should I level the man in Kingdom Hearts pants?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Clawtopsy posted:

Is Robin Hood good? I mean, a smoking guy in a deep hood is very cute. I don't have an Archer, but do have lots of Archer Food. Should I level the man in Kingdom Hearts pants?

He's good, his kit's set up pretty well for building the NP gauge, popping Sabotage to poison things, and then dumping a shitload of damage on a poisoned guy with Yew Bow.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

Robin Hood's one of the best 3* servants and a great candidate for grailing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

sweet, he looks like a good husband

why does jing ke have such an awesome character model, sick cards, but such absolutely garbage art

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

Robin Hood is very good and his NP will nuke the gently caress out of whoever you throw him at.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

why does jing ke have such an awesome character model, sick cards, but such absolutely garbage art
wait till you see florence nightingale

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Clawtopsy posted:

Because the sprite artists are great in adapting so many different art styles for various characters into a cohesive whole. Just overlook the lovely generic animations for a lot of servants.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Nightingale's art is good.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So is Jing Ke :colbert:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

it's not like the hyper stylized arts like amadeus are bad, they're just artistically different

jing ke just looks bad

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

New Leaf posted:

Prototype Cu looks sooo much cooler than the normal and superior Cu..

All dogs are good.

Clawtopsy posted:

This game has an issue where the designs aren't bad (usually) but the artists style makes it look like garbage. Jing Ke in Arco Wada's style for instance is good and same with Nightingale.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is George a good use of Phoenix Feathers? I mean, know he IS good but I'm worried those feathers are super hard to come by.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is George a good use of Phoenix Feathers? I mean, know he IS good but I'm worried those feathers are super hard to come by.

George is, when grailed, I think still the best Taunt tank in the game right now.

Like, if you like using him and think a Taunt Tank is a useful role to have go ahead.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Anything to make him more survivable and last longer makes him better. Once I pushed him past 45 he's barely ever died despite taking most of the damage in a given battle.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hm, looks like Artoria also uses them. That would be more relevant if I could find more than one dragon fang every 100 years so I could ascend her to the point where she needs feathers.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

That would be more relevant if I could find more than one dragon fang every 100 years so I could ascend her to the point where she needs feathers.

You should have been grinding all of thursday, and now need to grind all of friday. The 10AP-halved monster hunt dungeons are going to be the best source of fangs possible for a long time, don't waste them, even if the grind is soul-crushing.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I did grind the 5 AP thursday quest, and got one. But a good point on the one today, didn't know it was a source of fangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
For the record best doggo is also capable of soloing against... er, himself + his teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq5gIEr85n0