Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I have no idea what I'm doing, so thanks for everyone posting newbie tips and stuff.

So, there will be another chance to roll free stuff during this opening, and after that is when I decide if I want to reroll or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

Here: somebody take this account with Herc, Liz and Limited/Zero Over
rxS3u7UVjx
Password: Fate

Grabbed this one, thank you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Working off of the available 1-4* ratings in the OP, and the list Endorph posted earlier, is there a rundown on these fellows since AFAIK they are also going to show up in these tutorial rerolls?

Medusa (Rider)
Boudica (Rider) **
Ushiwakamaru (Rider)
Alexander (Rider)
Medea (Caster)
Gilles de Rais (Caster) *
Mephistopheles (Caster)
Cu Chulainn (Caster) **
Jing Ke (Assassin)
Lu Bu (Berserker)
Darius III (Berserker)
Kiyohime (Berserker) **

Artoria [Alter] (Saber) *
Nero (Saber) *
Atalanta (Archer)
Lancelot (Berserker)

I assume it's not worth worrying about the **, since according to the Endorph post those are automatically given to you.

Medusa: decent aoe rider, has a stun but otherwise nothing special. 6.5/10
Boudica: She's very survivable and her NP is a very strong defense boost but she's kind of invalidated by Shielder existing and being free. 5.5/10
Ushiwakamaru: She has an insanely strong single target NP for a 3*, and tengu tactics is a decent buff, but she's very stock outside of that. 7.5/10
Alexander: Decent AOE rider, has a quick boost but otherwise nothing special 6.5/10
Medea: Has a single target NP and the gimmick of using it over and over and over again. The NP's barely stronger than a normal attack but she's still the best freebie caster for killing assassin bosses. 8/10
Gilles (Caster): sucks. his skills are all mostly worthless, his NP does no damage. 2/10
Cu (Caster): He has Cu's protection from arrows but he otherwise does no damage. 4/10
Jing Ke: Strictly inferior to Kojirou and Cursed Arm Hassan. 4/10
Lu Bu: He's good. He has a single target NP and is a berserker so he does a good amount of damage. Just think of him as ghetto Hercules. 7/10
Darius: Meh. He's a berserker with an AOE NP so hes' good for waveclear but I mostly prefer... 6/10
Kiyohime: She's great at waveclear - has a targeted defense debuff, a buster buff, a strong aoe NP, and surprisingly high NP gain so she can use it more often than other aoe Berserkers. Main issue is that her normal attacks aren't as strong as other berserkers. 8/10

Artoria Alter: Probably the second best servant in the game at launch. She does extremely high damage and has a decent skillset, minus instinct. 9/10
Nero: She's okay. Thrice-setting sun and two-self heals makes her very survivable but her self-buff having a failure chance sucks. Her NP does decent damage though. She's almost like a 4* saber version of Cu but sadly her NP doesn't have an-insta kill chance and she doesn't have a dodge. 7/10
Atalanta: Mediocre. She has an aoe quick buff, which is strong, but she lacks anything else that makes her standout. 5.5/10
Lancelot (Berserker): Very good, but he needs a team that can generate crit stars, since all his skills are built around using them and he barely generates them himself outside of his NP. 8/10

Endorph fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 26, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

UchihaHirou posted:

Going to PM you a Herc/Vlad account.

Edit: You suck. No PMs. Let me know how you want to get the account info.

Thanks but please share it with others. Gonna take a break getting burned out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe this tl is actually good after all

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

So, there will be another chance to roll free stuff during this opening, and after that is when I decide if I want to reroll or not?

You can check my recent posts for a step-by-step, but basically you get a "free" ten roll, then one more tutorial battle, then it dumps a bunch of quartz on you to do more rolls with. After that is the best time to reroll, especially since you can save a transfer code at that point in case you change your mind.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Now really is the best time to reroll though, all the 5*s on offer are solid choices. Even the least hard hitting one is average on the list of 5* servants.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nate RFB posted:

Working off of the available 1-4* ratings in the OP, and the list Endorph posted earlier, is there a rundown on these fellows since AFAIK they are also going to show up in these tutorial rerolls?

Medusa (Rider)
Boudica (Rider) **
Ushiwakamaru (Rider)
Alexander (Rider)
Medea (Caster)
Gilles de Rais (Caster) *
Mephistopheles (Caster)
Cu Chulainn (Caster) **
Jing Ke (Assassin)
Lu Bu (Berserker)
Darius III (Berserker)
Kiyohime (Berserker) **

Artoria [Alter] (Saber) *
Nero (Saber) *
Atalanta (Archer)
Lancelot (Berserker)

I assume it's not worth worrying about the **, since according to the Endorph post those are automatically given to you.

Endorph has nice breakdowns, but I'd like to add that NOT all these servants are available in the tutorial rolls, or even post-tutorial rolls. The ones with one * all require certain content to be cleared before becoming available in the gacha.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

Medusa: decent aoe rider, has a stun but otherwise nothing special. 6.5/10
Boudica: She's very survivable and her NP is a very strong defense boost but she's kind of invalidated by Shielder existing and being free. 5.5/10
Ushiwakamaru: She has an insanely strong single target NP for a 3*, and tengu tactics is a decent buff, but she's very stock outside of that. 7.5/10
Alexander: Decent AOE rider, has a quick boost but otherwise nothing special 6.5/10
Medea: Has a single target NP and the gimmick of using it over and over and over again. The NP's barely stronger than a normal attack but she's still the best freebie caster for killing assassin bosses. 8/10
Gilles (Caster): sucks. his skills are all mostly worthless, his NP does no damage. 2/10
Cu (Caster): He has Cu's protection from arrows but he otherwise does no damage. 4/10
Jing Ke: Strictly inferior to Kojirou and Cursed Arm Hassan. 4/10
Lu Bu: He's good. He has a single target NP and is a berserker so he does a good amount of damage. Just think of him as ghetto Hercules. 7/10
Darius: Meh. He's a berserker with an AOE NP so hes' good for waveclear but I mostly prefer... 6/10
Kiyohime: She's great at waveclear - has a targeted defense debuff, a buster buff, a strong aoe NP, and surprisingly high NP gain so she can use it more often than other aoe Berserkers. Main issue is that her normal attacks aren't as strong as other berserkers. 8/10

Artoria Alter: Probably the second best servant in the game at launch. She does extremely high damage and has a decent skillset, minus instinct. 9/10
Nero: She's okay. Thrice-setting sun and two-self heals makes her very survivable but her self-buff having a failure chance sucks. Her NP does decent damage though. She's almost like a 4* saber version of Cu but sadly her NP doesn't have an-insta kill chance and she doesn't have a dodge. 7/10
Atalanta: Mediocre. She has an aoe quick buff, which is strong, but she lacks anything else that makes her standout. 5.5/10
Lancelot (Berserker): Very good, but he needs a team that can generate crit stars, since all his skills are built around using them and he barely generates them himself outside of his NP. 8/10
Thanks a bunch.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Well, I started this on a whim and ended up with a 5-star Sabre. I recognize her from what little I've seen of the show, so I have to assume she's good. Guess I need to read the OP..

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well i went through all of fuyuki before spending my 60 quartz and got nothing for it. is rerolling on ios as easy as deleting and redownloading the app?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

As a note, I'm currently sitting on a Waver, Heracles, EMIYA, Tamamo Cat x 2 account if someone wants to trade away a Jeanne account.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Herc / Vlad
8fpJZb6dYx

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Got another up for grabs. Stheno , Herc and 2 Liz
Kxz1XybffB
password Fate

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I was ready to try this, but apparently an iPad Mini 2 isn't enough because the app laughed at me and forcequit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

i loving love the risemara. love it. cant live without it in my gacha games

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Endorph posted:

maybe this tl is actually good after all

Kira kira~

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010

UchihaHirou posted:

Herc / Vlad
8fpJZb6dYx

Thanks, grabbed this one.

Here's one with 5 star Saber and Martha for anyone interested.
R2kTqxhU8R
pass 1234

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Dezoth posted:

Thanks, grabbed this one.

Here's one with 5 star Saber and Martha for anyone interested.
R2kTqxhU8R
pass 1234

Grabbed this one - thanks!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
How long does the free newcomer stuff last until?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
^^^ I've heard end of July, but I don't have a link handy to confirm that.

delfin posted:

I was ready to try this, but apparently an iPad Mini 2 isn't enough because the app laughed at me and forcequit.

The mini 2 seems to be borderline; when I've tried it it works 90% of the time but sometimes crashes on entering battles or playing NP animations. I suspect it's very memory-hungry?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Between both my rolls, I got Elizabeth Bathory, Robin Hood, Jing Ke, Lu Bu, Kiyohime, Alexander, Medusa, and Giles de Rais.

So, only one 4 star between them. Should I reroll?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In the sense that you can do way better, sure.

In the sense that you need to or anything, no. You'll be fine.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Unlucky7 posted:

Between both my rolls, I got Elizabeth Bathory, Robin Hood, Jing Ke, Lu Bu, Kiyohime, Alexander, Medusa, and Giles de Rais.

So, only one 4 star between them. Should I reroll?

You got Robin Hood, you're fine. He's crazy good.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Self hatred now prevents self hatred later

always be rerolling

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Rerolling without a specific goal is really miserable though. Whatever you get you always know there could be something just a bit better. Sure, I got 3 SSRs in one 10-roll this time, but they're not the best SSRs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Rerolling without a specific goal is really miserable though. Whatever you get you always know there could be something just a bit better. Sure, I got 3 SSRs in one 10-roll this time, but they're not the best SSRs.

Oh, I have a very specific goal in mind.

Give me Waver you stupid game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Martha, Lu Bu, Medea?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

NRVNQSR posted:

I've got the goal of getting either a 5* servant or two of the three folowing: Liz, EMIYA or Tamacat. I've only seen the latter two once each after ~11 rerolls.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Did they use Google Translate for the translation? My first guess is that they did, but then i remembered that Google Translate usually doesn't make typos

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

Did they use Google Translate for the translation? My first guess is that they did, but then i remembered that Google Translate usually doesn't make typos

the tl isn't *that* bad. I mean it has a lot of issues but there are places where it's good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You know Mozart's music is public domain, they really could have used his music for his Noble Phantasm.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

the tl isn't *that* bad. I mean it has a lot of issues but there are places where it's good.

By the way, are we using this thread for the JP and ENG versions of FGO, or are we using the TM thread for the JP version and this for the ENG one?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
oh no, a typo!!!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's not the only typo, but it's one of the funniest (along with "Shakespear")

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A lot of Servants don't seem to have their voices come across naturally. But then again I'm speaking from the view someone who has literally only seen their summoning introduction dialogue so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

A lot of Servants don't seem to have their voices come across naturally. But then again I'm speaking from the view someone who has literally only seen their summoning introduction dialogue so far.
Yeah, this is the bigger problem. Though to be fair the battle dialogue is translated decently/gets across their voices okay, minus typos.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Freak Futanari posted:

By the way, are we using this thread for the JP and ENG versions of FGO, or are we using the TM thread for the JP version and this for the ENG one?

I'm gonna make the judgment call to say both are fine, but chill out with any particularly relevant spoilers to English players. Like I don't expect people to not talk about Agartha in a few days and the Agartha stream just because it's mostly EN.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Okay so got all my free summons. I got questions on what they're supposed to.

-The free Lily
-Gilles De Rais/Saber
-x2 Chu Chlainn Prototype/Lancer
-Ch Chulain/Lancer
-Martha/Rider
-Hassan/Assassin
-Medea/Caster
-Lu Bu/Berserker
-Kiyohime/Berserker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Oh, I have a very specific goal in mind.

Give me Waver you stupid game

The funny thing with this being I've rolled him twice. In fact, he's currently the ONLY 5* Servant I've rolled. One account with him got given away last night, but the other can be yours(along with a bunch of other good stuff) if you find a Jeanne before I do. Of course if I do find a Jeanne that account will probably go up here anyways.