Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Marie Antoinette, 2x Cuchu Lancer, Stheno Assassin -- Verdant Sound, Be Elegant,
n6tcUXupzX

Martha, tamamo cat (TAKEN)
xWjD1BGuK4

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

I got like 4 of the ECs that boost NP by 60% to start. I know it's only a 4* but I assume they're still real good?

yeah, they're pretty dang good

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

MotU posted:

I got like 4 of the ECs that boost NP by 60% to start. I know it's only a 4* but I assume they're still real good?
Unless you bother to max out four copies of that blue crystal 3* card that gives 50% charge.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Martha, tamamo cat
xWjD1BGuK4

Took this one, yay.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Arturia (OG), Tamacat, Stheno, Lancelot, Elizabeth Bathory.
Friend code: 776,804,018

Looks like I'll be using my pick to get Martha!

EDIT: Didn't even realize Lancelot was already in the game.

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 26, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
is there any way to make the (8) go away on the Singularity select screen? I assume its just telling me I got 8 Free Quests but I already cleared them all except the lvl 40 one so stop telling me I have things to do game. stop lying. stop the lies

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

altera/liz/herc account:

ID: 4sHYV5rs89
PW: liznherc

edit: taken

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 26, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

MotU posted:

is there any way to make the (8) go away on the Singularity select screen? I assume its just telling me I got 8 Free Quests but I already cleared them all except the lvl 40 one so stop telling me I have things to do game. stop lying. stop the lies

Oh man, this might actually be an indication of which build of the JP client we're on. That was a bug for a while in Japan, right after the new year hit. So I guess we're on the final, pre-Epic of Remnant build?

Also, what the deuces, might as well throw some accounts out there.

* BASAKA (Herc)/Kaleidoscope: uQVP9wTfRm pass: ilya
* NP2 d'Eon/Liz: eykjPSA3MQ pass: deon

If you end up using either, please quote it so I know.

I have a couple of 5* accounts now, we'll see which one I end up keeping! The other(s) will definitely go here in the thread.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I am really sad that Jeanne doesn't talk in fake Shakespearian english constantly

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Endorph posted:

altera/liz/herc account:

ID: 4sHYV5rs89
PW: liznherc

Grabbed this thanks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Grabbed this thanks.
thanks i could help bro

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I got tamamo cat during the tutorial and got Camilla after that and they are my only 4 stars. Could I do much, much better or can I avoid slamming my dick in a drawer 100 times by rerolling? I also have the free Lily 4 star - is she any good?

Edit: I didn't bother rerolling since I saw that Cat was pretty good in that guide posted earlier in the thread but reading what you guys are shooting for makes me wonder. I am not in the mood to roll 100 times but if it will be a huge advantage further down the line then I suppose I should. What is everyone trying to get?

rio fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 26, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I tried doing the second level of daily quests, got annihilated immediately. Quite a power jump from the 1st level.

I'm assuming I"m gaining exp for a level or something after battles? I didn't notice until like a dozen battles in because the star meter fills so small.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I tried doing the second level of daily quests, got annihilated immediately. Quite a power jump from the 1st level.

I'm assuming I"m gaining exp for a level or something after battles? I didn't notice until like a dozen battles in because the star meter fills so small.

the star meter is bond exp, not levels. the items that drop from the battles are the things you feed to servants to give them levels.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

the star meter is bond exp, not levels. the items that drop from the battles are the things you feed to servants to give them levels.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tae posted:

That is "Bond", how much the Servant likes you. It affects dialogue, and other things later.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh, Servants don't gain levels automatically? Well that explains some things.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

That's Bond Level experience for each Servant in the diamonds. It does do stuff, but it's not the same as actual level up experience, which in this game you do not gain for Servants through battles.

Instead you level up Servants (and CEs) through the enhance tab by feeding them other cards in their category - if you go look at your Servant inventory, that's why you have all those seemingly pointless class cards of different colors. You can feed actual Servants to other ones as well through the same area, but that's not something you generally want to do this early.

Sewer-Cover
May 28, 2010
I was going to use this account but changed my mind. I rolled everything after getting through Fuyuki.
Herk, Atalanta, and a Kscope.
zPr6Dx9ucD
hello

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is feeding a servant another servant cannibalism

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

All I know is I can't see one of my servants without thinking

Eat up
Martha

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Yes

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 26, 2017

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Was bored while waiting for energy to refresh. So did a couple rerolls. Not much except for 2 not terrible ones.
Both accounts are emptied of the free Quartz but no story missions done past the required ones.

Acct 1: Herc & Sthenos, Limited Zero Over
gRjWmJVcZn. "Fate"

Acct 2: EMIYA & Carmilla, Formal Craft
628bfQzGDf. "Fate"

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Liz, Marie, Martha, Stheno and all of the VN 3* + Lu Bu and Robin Hood
E2P4xHWhzF

Vlad, Tama, Martha, 3* kind of bad but Medusa is there
zcstUQcRW4

The password for both is just 'fate' without quotes. Both accounts cleared fuyuki and used up 60 quartz in vain attempts to roll both Saber Alter and Waver. Wasn't really paying attention to which 4* CEs either had but definitely no 5*.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
...why does cucu caster complain about not being a lancer so they can beat saber if saber >> lancer?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Tired Moritz posted:

...why does cucu caster complain about not being a lancer so they can beat saber if saber >> lancer?
As the MC said, "Are you an idiot?"

Edit: Serious answer: He won the grail war already, so that means he did beat the original saber. The reason he can't beat her now is because she got other servants to work for her. Gameplay wise, lancer CAN beat her because Protection of the wind is that good.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 26, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nyaa posted:

As the MC said, "Are you an idiot?"

Edit: Serious answer: He won the grail war already, so that means he did beat the original saber. The reason he can't beat her now is because she got other servants to work for her. Gameplay wise, lancer CAN beat her because Protection of the wind is that good.

Another serious answer: Lore-wise, a Lancer Cu might very well defeat Saber Alter, because her Luck takes a huge hit (goes from A+ to C). Her luck is the only thing that saved her from being killed in the VN because it's the only way to even have a chance of dodging Gae Bulg's curse.

Really though, he just likes being that class far more.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tired Moritz posted:

It's also something of an injoke. Outside of FGO, classes do tend to have trends that can be exploited by other classes but it's not a game mechanic, and Lancer is more or less Cu's signature class given his legend. It's also a joke because his lancer form has terrible luck and he's basically the chew toy in a lot of side-material.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As a Fire Emblem fan, it is seriously hosed up that sabers beat lancers

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Sewer-Cover posted:

I was going to use this account but changed my mind. I rolled everything after getting through Fuyuki.
Herk, Atalanta, and a Kscope.
zPr6Dx9ucD
hello

And taken!

Tamamocat, Kaleidoscope zMYWSGXwgu password: goons After Fuyuki, nothing of real worth came out of 2nd 10 roll from the story quartz.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 27, 2017

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I cleared the Prologue on my Android tablet, only to be confronted by my favorite henchman of this decade. Just look at him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i did it

i finally ran out of ap

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Lancer is his main dummy

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

i did it

i finally ran out of ap

you got quartz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

DrManiac posted:

Lancer is his main dummy

If theyre gonna make comments like that, it could at least be mechanically right

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Casters are also generally regarded as one of the weaker classes in-universe since the three knight classes all tend to have some level of magic resistance

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delfin posted:

I cleared the Prologue on my Android tablet, only to be confronted by my favorite henchman of this decade. Just look at him.

gilles is great. the greatest cool.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
So 20 hours of rerolling I have managed to at some point acquire every 5* except Waver. Ideally I was really hoping for Waver and Jeanne but that never materialized. :(

My main frustrations was that Memu/FGO kept crashing. Particularly when trying to run 3 clients. 2 isn't much more stable. Also Memu doesn't run very well at all on my laptop. Didn't have my proper charing cable so my phone was only effective as a device for a few hours.

Then there's those annoying Communication Errors where they have a hidden anti-rerolling measure where if you attempt 6 rerolls in under 30 minutes your locked out for around 10 minutes.

So as a result, I have approx. 15 accounts available. I'm going to keep one as a spare as I have an idea of maybe trying to do a Lets Play of the campaign and the events as they happen.

TamaCat, Liz
TamaCat, Kiyohime:
Herk, Lancelot, Deon
Artoria, Carmilla, D'eon [Taken]
Herc, Liz
Liz, Carmilla, NP 3 Kiyo, Gandr, Divine Banquet
Liz, Ushi, K-Scope
Nyanta, NP 2 Deon, NP 3 Caesar, Martha
Vlad, EMIYA, Kiyohime
Artoria, Liz, Marie, TamamoCat, Kiyo[Taken]
Altera, Martha, Cu, Heaven's Feel[Taken]

Anyone interested? Also I only list the CE's for some of them, I didn't bother for the most part.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 27, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Casters are also generally regarded as one of the weaker classes in-universe since the three knight classes all tend to have some level of magic resistance

how are they expected to win a holy grail war anyways

just make a huge doomfort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

So 20 hours of rerolling I have managed to at some point acquire every 5* except Waver. Ideally I was really hoping for Waver and Jeanne but that never materialized. :(

My main frustrations was that Memu/FGO kept crashing. Particularly when trying to run 3 clients. 2 isn't much more stable. Also Memu doesn't run very well at all on my laptop. Didn't have my proper charing cable so my phone was only effective as a device for a few hours.

Then there's those annoying Communication Errors where they have a hidden anti-rerolling measure where if you attempt 6 rerolls in under 30 minutes your locked out for around 10 minutes.

So as a result, I have approx. 15 accounts available. I'm going to keep one as a spare as I have an idea of maybe trying to do a Lets Play of the campaign and the events as they happen.

TamaCat, Liz
TamaCat, Kiyohime:
Herk, Lancelot, Deon
Artoria, Carmilla, D'eon
Herc, Liz
Liz, Carmilla, NP 3 Kiyo, Gandr, Divine Banquet
Liz, Ushi, K-Scope
Nyanta, NP 2 Deon, NP 3 Caesar, Martha
Liz, Jeanne (My spare, the one I'm keeping is Jeanne, Carmilla, Martha)
Vlad, EMIYA, Kiyohime
Artoria, Liz, Marie, TamamoCat, Kiyo
Altera, Martha, Cu, Heaven's Feel

Anyone interested? Also I only list the CE's for some of them, I didn't bother for the most part.

can I have Artoria, Liz, Marie, TamamoCat, Kiyo plz