Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Crasical posted:

Disappointing! Oh well.

I just recently started playing the game so I can't easily farm Vlad or Tamamo Cat so I'll give up on getting the CE's and just make sure I have the extra copies of Halloween Liz and all the ascension candy for her.

I'm sure there's someone in this thread with a Kaleidoscope Lancelot/Gilgamesh/Attila/etc that would be willing to help you out. A good high level 5* can easily deal with the 30/40 AP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I've got a 70 Lancelot with a Dragon's Meridian if that helps at all. My Altera is 60 with Halloween Princess.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does Halloween Liz really only need four event candies to fully-ascend?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Crasical posted:

Disappointing! Oh well.

I just recently started playing the game so I can't easily farm Vlad or Tamamo Cat so I'll give up on getting the CE's and just make sure I have the extra copies of Halloween Liz and all the ascension candy for her.

I'm sure I've got something that'll help you. Even if I have like nothing in the way of good event CEs.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pierson posted:

Yeah, all the welfares ascend with items you get from the event.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pierson posted:

Yes, one for each Ascension. It is incredibly easy to get everything you need to both fully Ascend her and max out her Noble Phantasm.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Crasical posted:

Disappointing! Oh well.

Assuming the thing you're having trouble with is the boss berserkers, rather than all these fancy gold supports, one thing you could try is finding a max ascension (70 for him) Robin. Save his sabotage debuff for the boss and then whack it with his noble phantasm and it'll do massive damage against a Berserker.

Now granted you probably won't get THAT high, but Robin will take a huge chunk out of Vlad or Cat's health with his poison+NP combo. The buffs he's got going in that are Noble Phantasm Level 4 (1425% base damage), a +40% Arts command Boost (His NP is Arts), +50% Attack from Master Enhancement, +15% NP Damage from his CE, and +225% damage for 300% Overcharge vs a Poisoned Target.

That said, if you really did just start playing within the last couple weeks, find yourself a max ascended Jeanne (90) and use her to farm 30 and 40AP hands, it'll be slow going but she can practically solo them due to her tankiness and healing ability. Support Jeanne was a crutch I leaned heavily on early on.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

You've reached the maximum amount of friends.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Motto posted:

Yeah, all the welfares ascend with items you get from the event.
Awww that's nice of them. I would have thought that for a free 4* they'd require you to move heaven and earth to ascend but I guess they need to counteract the salt mines of the gacha. :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
DW gradually ended up doing lots of things really well in favour of even F2Ps. The Welfares are one of those.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well I just got 2 halloween princesses as drops. This event is treating me well.

Looking ahead, a limit broken halloween princess seems pretty awesome. I'm probably going to use it as part of my regular setup once the event is over.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nitis posted:

You've reached the maximum amount of friends.

Yeah, I filled two spots with goons. Says you're on my list though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is Caster Liz just for NP? Not really impressed with her so far, unless she's expected to be level 80 or whatever.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Crasical posted:

Disappointing! Oh well.

My ID is 270,297,604. Got Altria at level 80, Drake and Kintoki at level 70. I'll pop some Kaleidoscopes/imaginary elements on them and they should see you through.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Is Caster Liz just for NP? Not really impressed with her so far, unless she's expected to be level 80 or whatever.

yeah shes just for np basically. keep in mind casters have a -10% damage penalty and unlike assassins dont generate tons of crit stars, so their basic attacks are almost uniformly useless.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
help i have a compulsive need to reset guerrilla quests until i get the pumpkin drops

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's silly.

Resetting is for CEs. :shepface:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah gently caress it, I probably don't need to bother with maxing out Halloween Princess.

*actually looks at what it does*

Well poo poo, that is pretty good...

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Crasical posted:

Disappointing! Oh well.

My id is 444,048,72. I got event CEs on basically all my dudes and a grailed cat to play with.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Motto posted:

That's silly.

Resetting is for CEs. :shepface:

What's the drop rate on CEs from the party quests? Is it worth it to drop and reenter rather than flail helplessly in Vlad's stage?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

oath2order posted:

What's the drop rate on CEs from the party quests? Is it worth it to drop and reenter rather than flail helplessly in Vlad's stage?

I've heard something like 0.2 on free vlad, 0.8 on one-time quests. So still crazy low either way.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

help i have a compulsive need to reset guerrilla quests until i get the pumpkin drops

As in quitting and restarting or just resetting the game? 'cause the drops are set at the beginning of the fight.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/halloween-event-drop-calculator

Really does seem like after getting your CE drops, you never want to spend AP on anything but the 40 AP. There's a case to be made for 20 AP with a full set of Halloween Princess, if all you want are Sweet Candles... however, in my experience, you'll get more than enough to clear out the shop while doing 40 AP regardless.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 21, 2017

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Wow, y'all are so friendly.

I only mentioned I was having trouble and about five people walked up to rub their Servants all over my face.

I started playing a little while before the event dropped. I had to rush through Orleans to qualify for it, in fact. I'm only level 32 with mid-twenties levels on my useful servants. I was feeling skeptical that even a max-level support would carry my team that hard, but if you think it will, then sure, I'll give it a shot.

Crasical fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 21, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Another one to your pile, with a 70 Robin + Halloween Princess:

I have a bunch of open slots at the moment from deleting a bunch of people who hadn't logged in in a month as well for anyone else.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 21, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sophism posted:

https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/halloween-event-drop-calculator

Really does seem like after getting your CE drops, you never want to spend AP on anything but the 40 AP. There's a case to be made for 20 AP with a full set of Halloween Princess, if all you want are Sweet Candles... however, in my experience, you'll get more than enough to clear out the shop while doing 40 AP regardless.

If you do all the guerrilla and party quests with appropriate CEs it should give you almost enough pumpkins, bats and cupcakes to clear the shop but barely any candles, so the argument for doing the 20AP is pretty good.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

Another one to your pile, with a 70 Robin + Halloween Princess:

I have a bunch of open slots at the moment from deleting a bunch of people who hadn't logged in in a month as well for anyone else.
ID didn't work.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RanKizama posted:

ID didn't work.
Missed a digit, whoops.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

Missed a digit, whoops.
That did it. Sent!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Crasical posted:

Wow, y'all are so friendly.

I only mentioned I was having trouble and about five people walked up to rub their Servants all over my face.

I started playing a little while before the event dropped. I had to rush through Orleans to qualify for it, in fact. I'm only level 32 with mid-twenties levels on my useful servants. I was feeling skeptical that even a max-level support would carry my team that hard, but if you think it will, then sure, I'll give it a shot.

Most events can be completed with a fresh account and good friends. I did Halloween, KnK, Fate/Zero and the Summer Event on completely fresh accounts (since I rerolled for the gacha servants at the time) and I never had a problem doing every mission and cleaning out most if not all of the shop.
Even though normally you wouldn't do that you could also go for the Xp essences before going for ascension mats in the shop, so you can boost up your NP5 Liz you got from the event.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The idea that we'll probably be getting Saber Wars in early December, for the Star Wars premiere, and then later on getting the Christmas event too is daunting. That's too many events for one month wallet.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
They usually do one event a month, so it will probably be more spread out than that.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Think I'll send out some friend requests as well, I've been getting by with a few strong friends and making decent progress, but definitely could use some more variety. My ID is 201,990,303.

I haven't hit this event near as hard as most of you so far (time limitations), not sure if I'm on pace to get all the store stuff but should definitely be able to get a good portion.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm hoping Scathath's release has a friendly reroll event when she's released.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

I'm hoping Scathath's release has a friendly reroll event when she's released.

If it doesn't her second appearance on New Year's might.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well, if people are sharing codes, why not.

Besides the Dog, the Cat, and the Fox I don't have much to offer though.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Not sure who DarkSun is, but welcome aboard.

This event just got me all the mats I needed to ascend Liz to 70 and Altera to 80. I'm liking it.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Did Shakespeare's and Martha's Interludes hoping to get the last heart I need for Gil's fourth ascension, but no luck. Are there any other Interludes that have a chance of dropping a heart or do I have to wait until GudaGuda?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Retcon posted:

Did Shakespeare's and Martha's Interludes hoping to get the last heart I need for Gil's fourth ascension, but no luck. Are there any other Interludes that have a chance of dropping a heart or do I have to wait until GudaGuda?

i think caster gilles gives one?