Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Sophism posted:

Just installed the English version and am currently going through the tutorial. I reached the point where the game let me do a free pull.

I got a 3* Alexander and a 4* Siegfried. Everything else was a Craft Essence, with the highest tier one being a Noble Banquet.

Is this a good pull? I'm not necessarily opposed to rerolling.

Reroll immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
TIME FOR ANOTHER ROUND OF SILVER SERVANTS THIS TIME WITH REALLY lovely CASTER CLASS 3*

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I always find it funny that Medea's best combat tactic is to repeatedly run up and shank her enemies in the face.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Psiwri posted:

Reroll immediately.

Thanks, went through with it!

This time I got two 3* Mephistopheles, a 3* Robin Hood, a 4* Martha and a 4* Heracles. Any better?

(Forgot about Robin Hood there!)

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 27, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Herc and Martha are good, keep it

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
As an old FGO vet if you can stand the soul crusing grind of rerolling. Always reroll for a 5*.

This is the only time you will have control of what you start with afterwards will be Gatcha RNG 1% hell.
Also I've added my friend details to the google sheet I have Waver and need hard hitting friends to grind embers.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Sophism posted:

Thanks, went through with it!

This time I got two 3* Mephistopheles, a 3* Robin Hood, a 4* Martha and a 4* Heracles. Any better?

(Forgot about Robin Hood there!)

Remember that you can also roll open on the gacha with all the launch currency they've given us. If you want to go in hard, reroll until you get a 5* of some kind.

Herc is extremely solid though and that alone is worth keeping.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I don't have time to go reroll. I'm already really satisfied with what I have in JPN that the English release is basically just a bonus lap for me. I'll be happier if I pick up servants that I wanted but never got in JPN but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

EzEight posted:

As an old FGO vet if you can stand the soul crusing grind of rerolling. Always reroll for a 5*.

This is the only time you will have control of what you start with afterwards will be Gatcha RNG 1% hell.
Also I've added my friend details to the google sheet I have Waver and need hard hitting friends to grind embers.

Oh, the tutorial pull can give 5*s? I thought it was 4* only.

SpaceDrake posted:

Remember that you can also roll open on the gacha with all the launch currency they've given us. If you want to go in hard, reroll until you get a 5* of some kind.

Herc is extremely solid though and that alone is worth keeping.

Unless this is what you guys mean, and the second set of pulls has the chance for 5*s?

Either way I'll see what I get from the second pull.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Second set of pull after the tutorial pull gives 5*

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

SpaceDrake posted:

It needs to be driven home: Waver isn't a damage-dealer. He exists to make other people live longer and hit harder.

This makes him a bit of a poor choice for the early game, since it's a bit more efficient to just blow things up. For later content, he is incredibly useful, however.

You can kind of leave him aside for now and focus on Emiya, Saber Lily, and anyone else you get from the FP gacha and whatnot.

Are people finding Emiya satisfactory? I remember people bitched about how terrible he was when the game was first released, because of his growth curve. Of course it was a lot harder to level servants back then as well.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Got a 3* Darius, a 3* Alexander and a 5* Zhuge Liang out of my non-tutorial pulls. What's the verdict? Is that an okay 5*? And do I save quartzes until I get enough for another x10 pull?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You got Waver. You're good.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I assume there isn't a rate-up and we should consider conserving quartz now if we have a decent starting roll? Should we bother conserving friend point rolls as well, ala the PAD FP rate ups?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nah, FP rolls don't get rateups or events.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

cpaf posted:

I assume there isn't a rate-up and we should consider conserving quartz now if we have a decent starting roll? Should we bother conserving friend point rolls as well, ala the PAD FP rate ups?

There won't be rate ups for a little while yet, probably. Spend an initial 30 quartz (beyond the tutorial roll) in the gacha looking for that 5* of your dreams, but after that... well, spend some of the flood of newbie quartz if you feel like you're really hurting for variety. At the very least, however, wait until you clear the Fuyuki singularity, since that unlocks Saber Alter in the story gacha. Ideally, if you can manage it, wait until you clear Septem, since that unlocks Nero.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Not going to spend any Quartz until Mysterious Heroine X is released. :colbert:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr Pepper posted:

Not going to spend any Quartz until Mysterious Heroine X is released. :colbert:

No idea when that will be but my guess would be December, maybe? IIRC she originally showed up for the Saber Wars event, which they did right when Episode 7 came out, and conveniently episode 8 is this winter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Saber Wars happened at the end of January and since there's a new Star Wars movie this year we might get a new one in January 2018 while the first one runs in US FGO

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Please add Atsuko Tanaka to pros for Medea.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I'm glad Medea is good statwise because I already ascended her

Whats a good use for a 4* who I have no interest in ever using? Burning seems inefficient, but wasn't sure if using them to enhance another servant of the same class was a good idea or wasteful.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Mostly want to be on the lookout for upgrades at Saber, Assassin, and Caster because as of now my best in those categories are Artoria Lily, Kojiro, and Mozart.

Haven't added anyone from the friend list yet because I was too busy rerolling last night, but I'll do that ASAP later today. I assume I only get Friendship Points if I'm online and therefore my Support Servants are available for people to use?

I'm not certain I understand how AP limits work in terms of how many quests or story segments you are allowed to do in a day. I did a whole bunch last night and didn't seem to notice any limit approaching. But I did notice that on the main Fuyuki page there was a different/separate(?) AP meter under my Master's portrait in the lower left. I'm guessing that number will increment/decrease depending on what I'm throwing into my quests? In other words, if my party setup is 30 AP, that will contribute 30 AP towards my overall limit?

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 27, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

After complaining about the rates I got an extremely servant set of rolls which I might just keep. Even if it doesnt have any good crafts. Robin, Cu, Emiya, Carmilla, Lancelot and Jean. Should probably just stick with this one and hope for better crafts and support units later on.

Giving up some of the accounts I was holding

Vlad + Tamamo Catte + Formal craft - FVNEp35bhj password 1111

Martha + T.Catte + Lancelot + Kaleidoscope- r2Fx3Vhbka password 1111

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 27, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
should I feed EMIYA all my exp items?

Those free quests are not worth repeating, right? Why wouldn't the red number disappear

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I'm not certain I understand how AP limits work in terms of how many quests or story segments you are allowed to do in a day. I did a whole bunch last night and didn't seem to notice any limit approaching. But I did notice that on the main Fuyuki page there was a different/separate(?) AP meter under my Master's portrait in the lower left. I'm guessing that number will increment/decrease depending on what I'm throwing into my quests? In other words, if my party setup is 30 AP, that will contribute 30 AP towards my overall limit?

No, party composition is unrelated to AP. AP is just energy; it goes down by a fixed amount when you attempt a mission. If it's below max it goes up by one point every five minutes.

However, when you gain a master level you gain AP equal to your max AP, and that can take you over your max. So in the early game when you're gaining master levels frequently you can basically play continually.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

No, party composition is unrelated to AP. AP is just energy; it goes down by a fixed amount when you attempt a mission. If it's below max it goes up by one point every five minutes.

However, when you gain a master level you gain AP equal to your max AP, and that can take you over your max. So in the early game when you're gaining master levels frequently you can basically play continually.
Oh right, I can see in an OP image now that that party limit is just a generic "Party Cost", dunno why I thought that was AP related.

Is there a list anywhere of the known rate ups, from the JP version I suppose? Since my pull after the rerolls was decent, while I'd like say a Medea I dunno if it'd be worth sitting around and just start hoarding quartz for those rate ups.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Is there a list anywhere of the known rate ups, from the JP version I suppose? Since my pull after the rerolls was decent, while I'd like say a Medea I dunno if it'd be worth sitting around and just start hoarding quartz for those rate ups.

Reddit has been pointing people at this list, which I assume is an accurate record of when the JP version got stuff.

edit: Even if they only keep the same approximate event schedule and not exactly the same rate ups Medea should still be in the second event. Which is good because I need her too.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 27, 2017

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Conot posted:

I'm glad Medea is good statwise because I already ascended her

Whats a good use for a 4* who I have no interest in ever using? Burning seems inefficient, but wasn't sure if using them to enhance another servant of the same class was a good idea or wasteful.

You have 3 options for getting rid of a servant. You can burn them for prisms (in the case of a 4 star servant you get 6 mana prisms and 1 rare prism), you can use them to upgrade the same servant's NP, or you can feed them to any servant like an experience card.

In general, my personal rule is that every servant gets 1 copy leveled to max np, and for any extras beyond that, 1-2 star servants get turned into xp (because they give no prisms when burned) and 3+ are burned for prisms.

Honestly though, at this stage of the game I dunno if there are any 4 stars I would just straight up throw out. It's not like the servant bag is that small.

Nate RFB posted:

Mostly want to be on the lookout for upgrades at Saber, Assassin, and Caster because as of now my best in those categories are Altera Lily, Kojiro, and Mozart.

Haven't added anyone from the friend list yet because I was too busy rerolling last night, but I'll do that ASAP later today. I assume I only get Friendship Points if I'm online and therefore my Support Servants are available for people to use?

You have an amount of regenerating AP in the lower left. Your max AP increases as your master level goes up. When your master level goes up, it also regenerates you to full, so with careful planning you can play for quite a while.

How much AP a quest cost depends on the quest, and is displayed on the quest tab when you select it. Most early story quests are very cheap. Stuff like the highest level daily costs 40 ap a try and will empty your ap very quickly.

You can refill your AP with apples (or quartz, but don't be a dummy and save it for the gacha). I dunno how prevalent they'll be in the English version, but the JP staff shits them all over. Unless you're really addicted to playing in long spurts instead of a little every day, you'll probably get a stockpile of them at some point.

Tired Moritz posted:

should I feed EMIYA all my exp items?

Those free quests are not worth repeating, right? Why wouldn't the red number disappear

Feed him all your archer xp items, at least. Probably save those from other classes for when you get a servant from them you want to level. The classless XP cards should be either used for oddball classes like Shielder and Ruler or you can just give them to whomever.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Reddit has been pointing people at this list, which I assume is an accurate record of when the JP version got stuff.

edit: Even if they only keep the same approximate event schedule and not exactly the same rate ups Medea should still be in the second event. Which is good because I need her too.

Looks about right. Keeping in mind that since Aniplex is running the show, they may run events and associated banners in a different order (or not at all, I don't see a White Day event happening in its' Japanese form, since it just isn't a cultural thing in the west).

Bakanogami posted:

Honestly though, at this stage of the game I dunno if there are any 4 stars I would just straight up throw out. It's not like the servant bag is that small.

Astolof will make you eat those words in a years' time

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

don't use servants for exp, they give barely any and are way too valuable to toss

and don't burn 4*s at this stage of the game. even if you have no plans to use them there might be an event where they're given a boost later down the line and then you'll be glad to have them around.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I've got a Waver account I'll trade for Jeanne or Artoria, I've rolled so many of this dude (I think this is my fourth..?) and didn't know he was chased. First 4 star was Siegfried but I haven't picked the second.

Alternatively if someone just really really wants Waver I'll hand it off, no big deal lol.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Thanks, the 3M and FSN campaigns would rate up basically every servant I'd kind of want at this point outside of Artoria Alter so I'll sit on any quartz for those.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I've got a Waver account I'll trade for Jeanne or Artoria, I've rolled so many of this dude (I think this is my fourth..?) and didn't know he was chased. First 4 star was Siegfried but I haven't picked the second.

You can have this one, assuming no-one's rude enough to steal it first:

Artoria, Hercules, Tamamo Cat, Marie
ceEAQyAGzR (password:Nero)

I've probably come too far to restart with Waver now, so if you take this then maybe just donate Waver to the thread?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

NRVNQSR posted:

You can have this one, assuming no-one's rude enough to steal it first:

Artoria, Hercules, Tamamo Cat, Marie
ceEAQyAGzR (password:Nero)

I've probably come too far to restart with Waver now, so if you take this then maybe just donate Waver to the thread?

You're my hero. Here's my Waver, Siegfried one for the thread:

zqw347MswS (pass: abcd)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Has there been any word on when this will be releasing to the rest of the English speaking world? :australia:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

Has there been any word on when this will be releasing to the rest of the English speaking world? :australia:

probably never. get qooapp or make a us itunes account

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't you just QooApp it.

I live in Korea and I just QooApp'd it.

Also, dang, that Waver account is tempting.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Cipher, your Vlad is carrying my Jeanne and Alter Saber through 30 AP hands and it's great. Im leveling faster than i can spend the AP.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It warms my heart to see so many people rerolling for Siegfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

You're my hero. Here's my Waver, Siegfried one for the thread:

zqw347MswS (pass: abcd)

Thanks for this!