Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Samba De Amigo posted:

I just rolled an account I plan on keeping, I have an Altria and Hercules account though if someone wants it.

Would this happen to still be available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Finally ascended my Hercules. And got my new Jeanne to like 33. Time to wreck shop.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Actually managed to get my waifu dream team this time for real, so here is another free Jeanne, slightly used.

PsPxUgbRdt

I tried to grab this one and it gave me an 'unexpected error', I guess it got used already?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I see it lists "???" for the drop rate on Silver Rider Pieces in Fuyuki X-E, I can definitively state that the rate is gently caress! poo poo! %.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I tried my five summon tickets, got nothing much.

So I tried my remaining thirty quartz. Oh hello Zhuge.

When feeding crafts to themselves, does the "feed four of itself" thing require all four at once?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
No. You can feed it one at the time.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm missing 10 monuments for Waver. :negative:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I love my doggy of Chulainn

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

AfroSquirrel posted:

Tamacat is good for farming with her AoE zerker NP.

Between Waver and Martha you have a ton of survivability and Artes. Emiya would round out the Artes train, but Camilla would be a good fit too, feeding crit stars to the team while NPing bosses. D'eon would make the team even more tanky.

Cat would be splitting Berserker cards with Hercules, so I think I'd rather not do that until I've ascended him twice and capped him or something. If Emiya fits an Arts-spam team then I could see that being nice.

I've hit the point where it takes like 4 AP 30 dailies to level up. I really need to get Hercules to his first ascension so I can give AP 40 another shot.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Where do you get those chess piece-looking items to ascend characters?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Where do you get those chess piece-looking items to ascend characters?

Training grounds and events. Mostly events when they start happening.

Did another 30 roll, and got 5* Buster CE and Altera. I know have Arturia and Altera, get dunked Lancers.

My Arturia can carry people through Lancer 40AP XP quests, and lend a good hand for the rest: 776 804 018

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've got Elisabeth and Emiya for my 4*, so I'm assuming I want Herc for my freebie when that rolls around?

Almost through Orleans, currently running Mash, Saber Lily, Medusa, Elisabeth, and Emiya.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Salter interlude really doesnt gently caress around. Those berserk servants are crazy strong.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Been rerolling since launch and have yet to see a 5* dude or dudette. Best I've done is a kaleidoscope.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Virtue posted:

Been rerolling since launch and have yet to see a 5* dude or dudette. Best I've done is a kaleidoscope.

Are you looking for something in particular? There are a bunch of free accounts in the thread. Reddit trade also has a few nice giveaways. Not nice enough for a freaking Saber Alter + 5* though :D

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I have a vlad/deon account in addition to the ones others have posted so far

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Leondias is cool, strong, and my friend*

Also my only Lancer but man he's putting in good work.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Are you looking for something in particular? There are a bunch of free accounts in the thread. Reddit trade also has a few nice giveaways. Not nice enough for a freaking Saber Alter + 5* though :D

Waver or maybe Jeanne like the internet told me to but I'll probably give up soon and just start playing the game

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Virtue posted:

Waver or maybe Jeanne like the internet told me to but I'll probably give up soon and just start playing the game

Yeah try the reddit giveaways, there are a few for free (if they're still up) and I think someone was giving away a Jeanne here but it might have been taken.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GOtrades/

Sorry if linking this is against the rules. I'll edit it out.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man why do Rulers cost literally three times the amount of materials to ascend.

Like, OK, a mix of different class tokens, that's fine. But it's the same number of each token. I can ascend three Servants.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Dr Pepper posted:

Man why do Rulers cost literally three times the amount of materials to ascend.

Like, OK, a mix of different class tokens, that's fine. But it's the same number of each token. I can ascend three Servants.

Because they exist outside the standard seven classes. They only recently added a slot for EXTRA servants in the Japanese version.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Virtue posted:

Same, buddy. Same. :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Writeups for the remainder of the 4* Servants

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

All my bitching got me a Jeanne. It's not Waver but I'm about ready to actually start the game now so here goes. Other than that I have a Stheno and Elizabeth which don't seem to be horrible.

Virtue fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 1, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Sophism posted:

Cat would be splitting Berserker cards with Hercules, so I think I'd rather not do that until I've ascended him twice and capped him or something. If Emiya fits an Arts-spam team then I could see that being nice.

I've hit the point where it takes like 4 AP 30 dailies to level up. I really need to get Hercules to his first ascension so I can give AP 40 another shot.

Today's EXP quest is Archer and Caster. Martha should be able to get you through a lot of it on her own. You can try to find a Liz or Marie Antoinette from friend's list and that should be enough to get you through today's 40 AP quest. I've been running Martha lvl47/Waver lvl36/Support Marie lvl50.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FYI if you stick Saint George with a Hercules on this EXP daily, Herc is gonna get three turns to do whatever he wants.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Baal posted:

FYI if you stick Saint George with a Hercules on this EXP daily, Herc is gonna get three turns to do whatever he wants.

three turns of playtime

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Just cleared Septem and decided to blow some quartz before I hoard them for the Douji's. Finally got Medea so I can start shanking people that love to buff themselves.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Virtue posted:

All my bitching got me a Jeanne. It's not Waver but I'm about ready to actually start the game now so here goes. Other than that I have a Stheno and Elizabeth which don't seem to be horrible.

If it makes you feel better, there'll never be a shortage of Waver accounts you can add as friends

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Waver is a super investment for the future at this point, as he won't reach his always gotta be on the field to save your rear end status until months from now. At this point he's more a NP charge button. Really any 5* will give you what you need to coast through content for quite a while. Especially since we'll get to all just pick up Herc later if you didn't get him to start with. :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Saber Alter got talked up a lot in a couple of places (not necessarily here) as being a great Saber to shoot for, like Herc/Robin/Cu level, and that was the primary reason I was strongly considering spending a few rolls trying for her. I guess in your view, when and who is the first "yo try to roll for this Saber"? To use your own rating system, the first one that you'd rate above a 8/10.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm not Baal, but my pick would be Okita from the Gudaguda Honnouji Event. Unfortunately she's a limited SSR.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Saber Alter got talked up a lot in a couple of places (not necessarily here) as being a great Saber to shoot for, like Herc/Robin/Cu level, and that was the primary reason I was strongly considering spending a few rolls trying for her. I guess in your view, when and who is the first "yo try to roll for this Saber"? To use your own rating system, the first one that you'd rate above a 8/10.

Okita Souji is the first Saber I'd say is like worth saving months of quartz for because she's really strong, to the point she can lead a team as both DPS and a crit star generator. The problem is she's a 5* servant, so you will have to be ready to dump an assload of gems on her unless you just lucky and she also doesn't come until Guda Guda which is the event right after Okeanos. Alter is still good though and if you need a Saber right now, her or Nero are perfectly fine ones to try and get. Honestly, Lily despite mediocre Lily is, even she's useable to some extent. I just wouldn't put her over Caesar who is an even more accessible servant that you can get multiple copies of and has more uses than Lily does for a team. The first really good 4* servant is Rama from the America chapter that won't be in the game until like next year. He's just got a really good stat spread, art cards and buster cards with a Single target buster np, and his skills let him suck in crit stars and do more crit damage. He and Okita are the first really good servants of both 4* and 5* that I'd say are worth rolling for.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Okita was my first 5* servant in JP, so I may be a bit biased in saying she's really good, but I also do 500k+ damage with her on anything weak to her with a good team and her crit damage is off the charts insane. So I can speak for her damage in saying she's stupidly powerful.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Okita is on the list of servants I strongly regret not rolling for when I had the chance. I've only used her as a support, but she does sick amounts of damage and makes so many stars my phone lags.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Alright, that's fair. I still see a handful of things that might be worth rolling for (Gil, the FSN campaign for more Hercs/Medeas/Medusas) but otherwise I'm cool with hoarding stuff for a while until that event.

E: Besides having a dump class like Saber for now means I have a reliable avenue for XP cards for Mash/Jeanne.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 1, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Okita is released around the same period of Jack and Drake where the dev just changed the quick system and not sure how to adjust it, which they ended up becoming OP.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nate RFB posted:

This is something that you kind of have to take on good faith right now, but here's the truth: AOE Buster Damage NPs are bad. Single target damage NPs are much better.

A caveat to that: AOE Buster Damage NPs are the best NPs in the game for the current content. And it will always be the best type of NP for clearing out dailies.

So there's going to be a huge disconnect on what you feel is effective now and what people who played the game on JP consider good. But even into the first event, you'll see how much better having higher amounts of single target damage can be on difficult fights. If a character has an AOE Buster Damage NP, it will always negatively affect their rating.

Beyond the NP, all the highest rated damage dealing Servants either have some extra synergy with critical hits or some way to generate a crazy amount of NP gauge. Salter has a really high attack value, but she doesn't have either of those two things.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I need 5 4* Archer exp card to give one level to Emiya past 40.

ooooh I can feel the grind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The grind will end when the event shop and da vinci shop are out.