Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!

NRVNQSR posted:

Playstation Store claims the NA version is also playable on Vita now? I thought they only made that work for the JP version, but apparently not.

Thats how I played it.

(I am in the UK, so unless there is some shenanigans going on, it should be available in the US)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
First time managing to clear out all the missions, and everything bar magic gems is out of the store. And with days to go. This was a very good event, I got so many gears.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

Playstation Store claims the NA version is also playable on Vita now? I thought they only made that work for the JP version, but apparently not.

Aren't all digital PSP games playable on the Vita by default?

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

There are a handful of PSP digital games that aren't playable on the Vita for whatever reason. Extra is not one of them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I must be pretty bad at this game because I have no idea how I am getting beaten up by the mage cu.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Due to me spreading my Ascension/Skill resources around a whole lot, today I just hit 10 on my first skill: Cu's Protection from Arrows.

Having it on a 5-turn cooldown seems almost unfair.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Due to me spreading my Ascension/Skill resources around a whole lot, today I just hit 10 on my first skill: Cu's Protection from Arrows.

Having it on a 5-turn cooldown seems almost unfair.
I should probably get around to that as we...
code:
Level 9: Phoenix Feather x 13
...nevermind.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Mason Dixon posted:

I know you're talking about Prisma Beatrice, but now I want the Umineko cast as servants.

You're on a good path, but can I show you the light of Caster Ushiromiya Battler, and Saber Ronald Knox (who is very confused about basically everything about his form, but looks forward to solving the mystery.)

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I hated the second half of Umineko, but I would kill for Saber Wright or Knox.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I would like an Archer Chris and a Saber Tsubasa and both a Ruler and Berserker Hibiki.

And Saber Matoi Ryuko and Caster Hatsune Miku and man, they should do a Create-A-Servant and let you customise one

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Umineko servants would work really well since most of them have a ton of alternate costumes for ascensions, Beatrice especially.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I just want Caster Megumin, we need a 5-star Arash

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Alter-Ego Optimus Prime please.

Using his Noble Phantasm replaces the BGM with "The Touch."

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

I just want Caster Megumin, we need a 5-star Arash

Yes please. Also, have all her attack cards do nothing but spout ridiculous magic chants.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Got a new device and transferred my game to it, but I decided to do the tutorial roll to see how the device would perform at least-

Let me know if you want this account, I don't really have the time to maintain two.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

For Umineko Servants, Ruler versions of the Voyager witches please. Because surely nothing horrible at all can come from putting Bernkastel in that class.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Shiny777 posted:

For Umineko Servants, Ruler versions of the Voyager witches please. Because surely nothing horrible at all can come from putting Bernkastel in that class.
Grand Ruler, Featherine Augustus Aurora. "I wrote an ending where I won, we can skip the boring details needed to get there."

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
Well gently caress, just went on to do some more KnK missions and the one person on my friends' list with high level servants isn't on. :( Obviously I need to get more friends. I've only been playing for a month and a half, so my highest Servants are only around level 50-60. Anyone interested in helping out? I'm on pretty much every day, user ID 973,764,783, ign auowhen.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Liffrea posted:

Well gently caress, just went on to do some more KnK missions and the one person on my friends' list with high level servants isn't on. :( Obviously I need to get more friends. I've only been playing for a month and a half, so my highest Servants are only around level 50-60. Anyone interested in helping out? I'm on pretty much every day, user ID 973,764,783, ign auowhen.

It says your In game name is Ritsuka. Is that you? If it's not, you posted the wrong ID.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Looks like. your ingame ID is Ritsuka.

Sent regardless. IGN is Faye.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Liffrea posted:

Double check that number or your ign? That gives me someone w/ the ign Ritsuka w/ a Lancer Alter in their all slot. Sent a friend request from Broken SA in case it is you, but if not, let me know.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Liffrea posted:

I sent one as NateRFB <SA>, but if this is not in fact you I can send again.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
Hot drat y'all are fast. Thanks a million!

And yeah, I got confused between the ign and the name on my support setup. :doh:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Liffrea posted:

Hot drat y'all are fast. Thanks a million!

And yeah, I got confused between the ign and the name on my support setup. :doh:

Ok, I sent you a request then. My in game name is J.R.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There we go, all the presents. Is it worth grinding for QP or should I go back to fighting hands/the horrors of London?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

McDragon posted:

There we go, all the presents. Is it worth grinding for QP or should I go back to fighting hands/the horrors of London?
If you're able to get around ~100 cats per Parking Lot run, that's about as much as you'd get with +20% QP from two Mona Lisas on the best treasure vault node on top of being only 20AP and giving you some lanterns. Up to you whether that's worth it depending upon how many gacha CEs you have.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ah, I just have the one and to be honest I dunno what I'd spend lots of QP on right now so back to story I think. Thank you.

Also if I see another ghost I will scream. :v:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

McDragon posted:

Ah, I just have the one and to be honest I dunno what I'd spend lots of QP on right now so back to story I think. Thank you.

The story has ghosts.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

McDragon posted:

leonidis how did u get an account here

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Clawtopsy posted:

hanging out w/ anne and mary

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lt. Lizard posted:

Teeeeechnically they were born in 19th century......

That rule was something Nasu mentioned in interview waaaaay back and I doubt he really cares about it now, but I still like it as a rough guideline.
It was a thing Rin talked about at the beginning of FSN. It was always descriptive, and she has never been shown to know everything.

The interview thing was how nowadays (note the lack of a cutoff date) it's hard to become a HS because what used to be legendary deeds such as "saving the world" are now mundane. (Also that weapons can totally become HSs if they've got souls, see Danzou, Fran and Enkidu, among others, for proof of such)
To which I'm gonna add another thing: Hard historical fact has never been enough of a reason for someone to become a HS. There's always a story attached. It's that story that births a HS. Tesla is more about the Tesla memes than the person himself. Similar deal with Edison, and even then he was such a weak HS he had to be reinforced by wearing a Mystic Code crafted by the Presidents Past, Present and Future (that's the spandex outfit). Billy is singled out as the representative of Wild West romance. Etc.

In that sense, Elvis with his "he just went to his home planet" kinda deal is a better candidate than, say, Einstein.

I know this post is ultra-late but bite me I'm on vacation and I got to watch lightning strikes.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Largepotato posted:

The story has ghosts.

Clawtopsy posted:

Hahaha. Not seen any ghosts in London so far though. Mordred is adorable :3:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
London is easily my favorite chapter so far in NA. I've been thinking about grailing Babbge.

But I'm all out of grails.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

London is easily my favorite chapter so far in NA. I've been thinking about grailing Babbge.

You should probably reroll.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

London's definitely where the main story starts to get decent, especially with how they start to give you a better glimpse of the larger plot.

I'd say America's on about the same level as london, and then Camelot and Babylon are another big step up in quality again.

Also while I like Babbage's design personally, he hits too much like a limp noodle for me to ever use him. Especially when there are so many other casters out there.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Somehow I still haven't summoned Babbage in the Friend FP, despite doing the daily free and burning 20-40k FP on each event to try pick up a few 3-star event CEs. I guess the King of Steam doesn't like me.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tesla stole the show in London. And having Mordred as a partner was fun too.

Otherwise the final boss' appearance was severely underwhelming and rather cliched, and the first half of the Singularity felt a bit plotless and meandering.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I got a Babbage from a proper quartz summon and later one from a Friend summon. He's a bit poo poo at level 1 but I like him anyway because big robot.

Speaking of the Friend summon, is that FP summon only Servant in yet, and if so does he ever get a rate up or something?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

McDragon posted:

Speaking of the Friend summon, is that FP summon only Servant in yet, and if so does he ever get a rate up or something?

He's not in yet. As far as we know he never gets a rate-up, but then again we wouldn't really have any way of knowing if he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ok, thanks. I will continue to hoard points.