Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

is ibaraki in this event a servant? it seems like she is but gil might just be very powerful even without his conditional triggering

She is. Anything that has Servant up by the class indicator in battle is a Servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like Martha but I wish she stopped blushing when I level her up.

Is Rider Martha gonna be useful in any future content?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Her Debuff cleanse + Buff purge (via Strengthening) will be useful in later content.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

every servant is useful in future content if you love them enough

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Even Jekyll?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Endorph posted:

is ibaraki in this event a servant? it seems like she is but gil might just be very powerful even without his conditional triggering

She is a servant iirc but Gil is also very powerful. And very handsome.

Tired Moritz posted:

Martha's kinda never great but she definitely can be useful. She's a support servant based around a defense debuff NP and healing/removing debuffs on her teammates. Her damage is weak and there are better supports but she's far from bad, I use her a lot because I like her and until recently she was my only non-charity gold rider on JP and she's never a burden.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rider Martha is pretty mediocre as an attacker, but as a support she's not so bad, especially for later challenge stuff that throws debuffs at you. Even if you don't use her normally, it's not a bad idea to have a copy of her leveled up so you can switch her in for a quest.

As far as the summer servants go,

Swimsuit Arturia is one of the best arts attackers in the game.

Swimsuit Mordred can shoot her NP every turn with the right combination of buffs (and is also just a fun character in general)

Swimsuit Martha is similar to Waver in that she'll fit into basically any party, only she's an attacker and not a support.

Swimsuit Tamamo is a bit hard to use, but she kicks male archers like Gil, Emiya, and Tristan in the crotch really hard.

Swimsuit Kiyohime is often forgotten, but her voice lines are very powerful. Also her Buster cards have so many hits she can charge NP off of them if you start the combo with Arts.

Swimsuit Scathach's skills are kind of all over the place, but she's a free AoE Assassin so don't complain.

And I honestly don't think I've ever even used Swimsuit Anne/Mary or Swimuit Marie. I don't have them and I never see them in my supports. All I really know is that as a caster, Marie seems to think magic involves spiking volleyballs into people's faces.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A&M are basically the same gimmick as Rider except in archer class and buster setup.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Their third skill is a guts skill that only ends when they die, so it's a bit more friendlier to use.

But frankly the game isn't really lacking in strong ST Archers or Riders.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

Even Jekyll?

Once you get him to NP5 after using his NP Hyde has the highest HP of any Berserker at and gets some truly obscene self buffs. Permanent 40-80% Buster Card buff as part of the NP too post-interlude. +50% Attack for 3 turns on a 5 turn cooldown, the single strongest stun skill in the game, and +50% Crit damage also for 3 turns at a 5 CD. Basically he's a very powerful budget beat-stick. Not a ton of utility beyond the stun, but he'll hit hard with Buster Cards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Summer Anne and Mary's gimmick is that Anne's in the lead, not Mary, so they're an Archer. Their advantages over Rider Anne and Mary are being able to get a 47% attack up for 3 turns every 5 turns due to their first and third skills, giving male allies 41% star drop rate increase, and a skill that just drops 15 critical stars on them and increases their star weight. They also have better inherent stargen and attack. Their disadvantages over Rider Anne and Mary are lower inherent star weight, no crit damage boost, their NP being a Buster instead of a Quick (meaning lower damage to be boosted by the HP gimmick, meaning overall noticeably lower damage), and most critically, no NP interlude.

Overall I'd say Summer Anne and Mary is better for general use but Rider Anne and Mary is better at actually, you know, doing the thing that makes them a unique servant.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah, ok, turns out all I needed to clear 3BP semi-reliably was two Wavers and my waifu. With jalter I can get Ibaraki down to 2.5mil before I need to start sort of worrying, with a backup of Mash and Leo to tank NPs to the face if need be. With a setup of two Wavers, Jalter, Mash, Leonidas, and Cu anchor I can beat Ibaraki and at least one of the hands, sometimes both. However, there is still unfortunately a bit of a luck component, sometimes Ibaraki just really hates both Wavers or Jalter specifically, and sometimes Cu is needed to clutch out that last 15th turn if I can't get a win in.

Peeps Leonidas actually kicks a lot of rear end, I love this dude. Summer Herc, Summer Cu, Summer Leo, make it happen DW.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/vestenet/status/997705431018557440

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Gologle posted:

Yeah, ok, turns out all I needed to clear 3BP semi-reliably was two Wavers and my waifu. With jalter I can get Ibaraki down to 2.5mil before I need to start sort of worrying, with a backup of Mash and Leo to tank NPs to the face if need be. With a setup of two Wavers, Jalter, Mash, Leonidas, and Cu anchor I can beat Ibaraki and at least one of the hands, sometimes both. However, there is still unfortunately a bit of a luck component, sometimes Ibaraki just really hates both Wavers or Jalter specifically, and sometimes Cu is needed to clutch out that last 15th turn if I can't get a win in.

Peeps Leonidas actually kicks a lot of rear end, I love this dude. Summer Herc, Summer Cu, Summer Leo, make it happen DW.

I'm running that comp except with George instead of Cu (and 300% extra damage from carps i GUESS) and my experience has been that George to cover for Jalter and Waver right at the beginning of the round so that there's some breathing space for building up NP charge has made my runs extremely consistent and I've always managed to clear the hands (actually I clear them out first because it's easier to deal with the banana acting twice than the prospect of the hands also getting to NP).

Leonidas and George are great bros man. Tauntbros for life.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This might've been posted in the discord, but I found a doc on the reddit that should help calculate when you're in a safe BP range and can settle for 1M provided you use up all your regen and rice balls, barring any glaring calculation errors I didn't notice.

https://ff.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/8kf1gw/the_can_i_chill_at_2bp_calculator/

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

SC Bracer posted:

Leonidas and George are great bros man. Tauntbros for life.

RIP our brave heroes.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I give up on 3BP, every time I try it everything that can go wrong does go wrong, Ibaraki gets constant 10k crits regardless of Waver defense buffs, every hand of cards I draw is the worst possible no matter the situation. Everyone talks about their Jalter doing insane damage but mine hits for half what everyone else's does for some reason I can't figure out.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I give up on 3BP, every time I try it everything that can go wrong does go wrong, Ibaraki gets constant 10k crits regardless of Waver defense buffs, every hand of cards I draw is the worst possible no matter the situation. Everyone talks about their Jalter doing insane damage but mine hits for half what everyone else's does for some reason I can't figure out.

Are you using jalter buster cards with 100% crit chance?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Billzasilver posted:

Are you using jalter buster cards with 100% crit chance?

No, I've been using double Wavers and I don't have a way to gain crit stars. Also I'm talking about NP damage, double Waver buffs and every attack/buster buff I can get yields a 750k NP on a buster brave chain with an LBed Ushi and 150% worth of carp CEs, I see other people talking about 2m damage NPs from their Jalters. I've tried other team comps like bringing Jack for crit star generation but she gets killed really quickly by the hands, I've tried replacing one Waver with Tamamo for healing and all sorts of other things but pretty much everything fails. 21 BP wasted today with nothing to show for it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

No, I've been using double Wavers and I don't have a way to gain crit stars. Also I'm talking about NP damage, double Waver buffs and every attack/buster buff I can get yields a 750k NP on a buster brave chain with an LBed Ushi and 150% worth of carp CEs, I see other people talking about 2m damage NPs from their Jalters. I've tried other team comps like bringing Jack for crit star generation but she gets killed really quickly by the hands, I've tried replacing one Waver with Tamamo for healing and all sorts of other things but pretty much everything fails. 21 BP wasted today with nothing to show for it.

Not sure what's going wrong other than those other people having NP2+ JAlters. Except - you really want to be maxed on carp ces, which is +300% with LB friend. My Gilgamesh is dealing out over 1 mil damage at NP1 with all my buffs up, 1.5 mil if it's at the end of an NP chain with Waver's NP in it.

Even then I often can't actually kill her off before Gil dies, so I fall back to stall mode. Can usually get about 5 mil damage done.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

2M sounds like a lot unless both of those wavers are applying their NP def debuffs, but I’ve certainly done 1M damage with an NP1 Jalter.

But you should really look into crit buster cards. A turn with all of their skills on, doing a full buster chain, each card also does 1M damage. You can gain stars by using anniversary blonde or using plugsuit swap to bring in another carp, which instantly drops 15-20 stars.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Tarezax posted:

Not sure what's going wrong other than those other people having NP2+ JAlters. Except - you really want to be maxed on carp ces, which is +300% with LB friend. My Gilgamesh is dealing out over 1 mil damage at NP1 with all my buffs up, 1.5 mil if it's at the end of an NP chain with Waver's NP in it.

Even then I often can't actually kill her off before Gil dies, so I fall back to stall mode. Can usually get about 5 mil damage done.

Well I can't max out on carp CEs, I simply don't have enough points to equip 4 of them plus servant cost, I'm only master level 109. I don't really have stalling servants other than Mash and Cu and I often can't stall for long enough with them.

Billzasilver posted:

2M sounds like a lot unless both of those wavers are applying their NP def debuffs, but I’ve certainly done 1M damage with an NP1 Jalter.

But you should really look into crit buster cards. A turn with all of their skills on, doing a full buster chain, each card also does 1M damage. You can gain stars by using anniversary blonde or using plugsuit swap to bring in another carp, which instantly drops 15-20 stars.

The 750k is with both Wavers NPs applied for -60% def, my Jalter is NP1, level 90 with max fous. I don't have anniversary blonde, I can try the carp swap but it doesn't seem reliable since Jalter is often dead before I see one of her buster cards.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

Overall I'd say Summer Anne and Mary is better for general use but Rider Anne and Mary is better at actually, you know, doing the thing that makes them a unique servant.

And they are very good at it. Even without any plug suit shenanigans I've hit 3.8M with their NP in this event, which at least for me is a new record.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's not 100% RNG proof, but I can consistently defeat the 3BP Oni with Jalter (NP1), Waver and Waver, backline Mash George and Cu. That's with 3 carps plus an MLB carp from support. Once I got all 6 carps, I fully broke one of mine so I had an extra CE slot available with the same damage increase.
The only time I failed, Banana ate both Waver NPs to the face without getting stunned and critted Jalter for her max HP so you know, gently caress me I guess.

For the drunkard wave, the plan depends on the initial card spread. One Jalter card is decent, two is subpar, three or more is optimal. If you only get a card, try and kill the whole drunkard wave in a single turn, it should work. With three or more Jalter cards, try to kill a single drunkard per turn while building NP. With two cards you can either destroy the wave or try to delay, but a crit screws you on the latter choice.
Consider using Waver 1st skill during the drunkard wave so it's already recharging; try to finish the wave with some stargen if you can manage it.

Once you're against the Oni, use Waver attack buffs and then whatever you need to fully charge Jalter; pop every offensive buff you have and every Jalter skill and hopefully you have two other Jalter cards for a full chain. That's 1m (worst case scenario) to almost 3m (buster chain where both crit) off the banana.

The first banana turn Jalter is invulnerable and each single Waver can fully tank Banana + both hands without dying (although it's obviously suboptimal). Pop the defense buffs second turn onwards if you didn't already; when both are up the hands are a non-issue (double digit damage) and even a Banana crit deals only 4k.
Charge Jalter back up again while firing both Waver NPs sometimes during the next three turns; depending on the cards, you might be able to Jalter NP again with the attack buffs still up.

When the fast hand is at 2 charge again, swap in George, he can survive a turn and still have enough HP to die to the hand NP next turn (incidentally, Banana always debuffs at 3m and 1.2m so you can plan around that). If George is still alive after that (I've seen it happen 25% of the time) he'll get murdered by the banana NP. Keep in mind my George isn't fully ascended so he hasn't his gut skill; if he had, I think he'd be able to eat both the ST hand and Banana NP with consistency).

If George ate the Banana NP, Mash makes Jalter invulnerable for the other hand NP, no need for a taunt. If he couldn't, plugsuit stun on Banana to delay her NP a turn, then invuln on Jalter while Mash taunts.
If at any point Banana is under 1m with Jalter alive you're good, if she's under ~100k Cu can solo that last bit so switch to killing the hands. Although, if Cu actually comes into the field, finish the Oni because you're on borrowed time.

Notable CEs I'd like to mention: 2030 on your Waver (because Jalter needs stars); volumen hydragyrum on George (for a free extra turn of tanking); that +1000 HP CE (for some extra safety).

E: my strategy for Jalter NP is: have it? Fire it. Maybe delaying it a turn to fish for a Jalter chain is better? Don't delay it for two or more turns, you're giving up way too much NP gain.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 20, 2018

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Omobono posted:

It's not 100% RNG proof, but I can consistently defeat the 3BP Oni with Jalter (NP1), Waver and Waver, backline Mash George and Cu. That's with 3 carps plus an MLB carp from support. Once I got all 6 carps, I fully broke one of mine so I had an extra CE slot available with the same damage increase.
The only time I failed, Banana ate both Waver NPs to the face without getting stunned and critted Jalter for her max HP so you know, gently caress me I guess.

For the drunkard wave, the plan depends on the initial card spread. One Jalter card is decent, two is subpar, three or more is optimal. If you only get a card, try and kill the whole drunkard wave in a single turn, it should work. With three or more Jalter cards, try to kill a single drunkard per turn while building NP. With two cards you can either destroy the wave or try to delay, but a crit screws you on the latter choice.
Consider using Waver 1st skill during the drunkard wave so it's already recharging; try to finish the wave with some stargen if you can manage it.

Once you're against the Oni, use Waver attack buffs and then whatever you need to fully charge Jalter; pop every offensive buff you have and every Jalter skill and hopefully you have two other Jalter cards for a full chain. That's 1m (worst case scenario) to almost 3m (buster chain where both crit) off the banana.

The first banana turn Jalter is invulnerable and each single Waver can fully tank Banana + both hands without dying (although it's obviously suboptimal). Pop the defense buffs second turn onwards if you didn't already; when both are up the hands are a non-issue (double digit damage) and even a Banana crit deals only 4k.
Charge Jalter back up again while firing both Waver NPs sometimes during the next three turns; depending on the cards, you might be able to Jalter NP again with the attack buffs still up.

When the fast hand is at 2 charge again, swap in George, he can survive a turn and still have enough HP to die to the hand NP next turn (incidentally, Banana always debuffs at 3m and 1.2m so you can plan around that). If George is still alive after that (I've seen it happen 25% of the time) he'll get murdered by the banana NP. Keep in mind my George isn't fully ascended so he hasn't his gut skill; if he had, I think he'd be able to eat both the ST hand and Banana NP with consistency).

If George ate the Banana NP, Mash makes Jalter invulnerable for the other hand NP, no need for a taunt. If he couldn't, plugsuit stun on Banana to delay her NP a turn, then invuln on Jalter while Mash taunts.
If at any point Banana is under 1m with Jalter alive you're good, if she's under ~100k Cu can solo that last bit so switch to killing the hands. Although, if Cu actually comes into the field, finish the Oni because you're on borrowed time.

Notable CEs I'd like to mention: 2030 on your Waver (because Jalter needs stars); volumen hydragyrum on George (for a free extra turn of tanking); that +1000 HP CE (for some extra safety).

E: my strategy for Jalter NP is: have it? Fire it. Maybe delaying it a turn to fish for a Jalter chain is better? Don't delay it for two or more turns, you're giving up way too much NP gain.

Thanks so much for this, I leveled up George to 55(I was using Leonidas) and I barely managed to scrape out a win in spite of the RNG trying to kill me, literally everything that could go wrong did go wrong including two Jalter cards to start, 1.2m damage on the first turn, terrible NP gains forcing me to use Waver buffs early, Jalter not criting even once even with 80% chance to crit and so on.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I tried 3BP with Scathach/Waver/Waver Anderson/Hercules/Mash and couldn't really do it (Scathach has MLB Ushi CE, the rest have Carps). Maybe I'm missing the point of Anderson, but he doesn't seem to really do much. I think I'd rather put in George and than maybe have Cuzilla as my last resort servant in the 6th slot.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Hans is extremely dependent on skill levels, possibly more so than any other servant. A 1/1/1 Hans is basically just a NP every few turns until he dies because he's made of paper. A 10/10/10 Hans NPs significantly more often, churns out stars and gives the party big, long-lasting critical boosts. That last one isn't amazing in this event, mind you.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

I want Summer Asterios with his floatie.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In the current day Hans' 1st skill is also a quick clear of her Buff block skill.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
did we beat up the banana enough for the second day? i wasnt paying attention

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

did we beat up the banana enough for the second day? i wasnt paying attention
Yep, happened about half an hour ago. I guess the current rate for NA is about 3.5 Trillion in about 37 hours.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Billzasilver posted:

That's with full crit/atk buffs, MLB Ushi, Waver Def Debuff, and on a Buster Chain. 2M is usually the normal with 1.8M being on the low side of I'm missing a buff or two. If I have absolutely no damage buffs going then she does around 800K. :shrug:

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 20, 2018

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Yep, happened about half an hour ago. I guess the current rate for NA is about 3.5 Trillion in about 37 hours.

It'll be interesting to see how future days go. Assassin day should be a lot easier to stall than usual so hopefully a bunch of people who have struggled with the previous days will be able to survive 3BP, bringing up the damage numbers. On the other hand, though, there are still no good DPS or burst damage Casters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The majority of the player base is probably still just doing 2bp as they clear the shop. Also, most of the riceballs are probably still intact. NA is fine.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I'd be most concerned about the latter days of the event when people are over 300m DP and don't have much incentive to rack up lots of DP.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

The majority of the player base is probably still just doing 2bp as they clear the shop.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around; from the discussion I've seen here and elsewhere most people have been clearing the damage ladder on these first days while the 3BPs are easy, and they're only now switching to shop clearance. You're probably right that most people haven't used their riceballs, though - plus you get a lot more riceballs from missions on later days.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
limit breaking the carp CE does not seem worth it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You get six from the ladder, so if you MLB one and have MLB supports, you can get +250% with two slots to spare, same as having one equipped to the whole party minus the main attacker.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tired Moritz posted:

limit breaking the carp CE does not seem worth it

You can equip a maximum of 4 carps. You are getting 550% extra damage instead of 600%, but also equipping two actual CEs. It's totally worth it depending on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I already have 3 carp drops from my 2bp spamming. You should have a full party carp with one of them being MLB by the last 4-5 days or so.