Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I have never bothered to reset my game to redo a turn. If the RNG screws you, just take the L and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Sometimes the game just wants to poo poo on you and that's life

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

AtheistMantis posted:

Come on Mr. Beginner Lucksack, you have all the servants I want. I'm so jealous I could scream. So quit your bellyaching, and find some way to fight through this challenge.
come the gently caress on dude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AtheistMantis posted:

Just don't use the NP if your RNG seed can't get it to stun that turn. Use it next turn or something. The true trick to maximizing your odds is to keep as many skills available as possible. By all means, use up all the relevant dmg skills when setting up a huge swing. But things like NP rate up, debuff resist up, or even evade, heals, and guts can be used to change your fate. NPs can also change the seed. Using them, not using them, changing the order in a multi NP chain can all affect what happens.

My team is only 99 cost. Gil, George, Supp Waver, D'eon, Mash, Cu. Skills are levelled to 6 for everybody, and CEs are 1 MLB Ushi, rest Carp, 2 MLB. Mystic Code is Chaldea Battle Uniform LVL 6.

Come on Mr. Beginner Lucksack, you have all the servants I want. I'm so jealous I could scream. So quit your bellyaching, and find some way to fight through this challenge.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

gently caress off. Sorry for ever posting in this thread or rolling on anything at all, I guess I should just not have rolled what I did? Would that make you happy fuckface? I have already tried resetting turns, for some reason it does not work, I tried again after someone pointed out that the debuff from the second day might have messed it up but it did not work, I used different skills and cards and the hands and Ibaraki did exactly what they had done the previous turn down to the damage on the attacks being the same. I even tried force stopping F/GO after exiting it and that didn't help either.

Oh, hey, I know, I should post my loving transfer code and pass here for you, then you can have all the servants you want! Would that make you happy?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Please stop fighting, you're upsetting the waifus.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

all of it worth it for this post

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Clawtopsy posted:

things heating up in my marie appreciation station

Clawtopsy, I want you to know in advance that while your posting and Orleans itself made me like Marie, if I roll Summer Marie trying to get Summer Martha I am going to be very sad.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Tarezax posted:

I have never bothered to reset my game to redo a turn. If the RNG screws you, just take the L and move on.

Same. At least, not intentionally, because every reset of my game happens because it just decides to crash at least twice a playing session for me. I know my phone's kinda old, but this is the only mobile game to ever be like this.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Sorry for getting mad y'all. It's just, it's not like I can help my luck being good or bad whether it's the Gatcha or the battle RNG and it's not like I'm not thinking about what I do, the last 3BP run took half an hour because I was trying to think about every option in every turn, hell, I made a god damned flowchart on a notepad to try to figure out what to do in every situation and that still did not help because a lot of winning or losing the fight is dependant on stuff like Waver's NP stun or whether Ibaraki decides to crit you for 12k so there is no strategy that consistently works.

Also just because you have a bunch of rare servants does not mean you can put together the right team, I'm really lacking in levels for all but 5 servants since I have not been playing long enough to level up more than that and my skill levels for all my servants are pretty terrible since I haven't been playing long enough to get the mats for skill leveling.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Gologle posted:

Clawtopsy, I want you to know in advance that while your posting and Orleans itself made me like Marie, if I roll Summer Marie trying to get Summer Martha I am going to be very sad.

i am going to get np5 martha, you are going to get np5 marie

yorokobe

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Sorry for getting mad y'all. It's just, it's not like I can help my luck being good or bad whether it's the Gatcha or the battle RNG and it's not like I'm not thinking about what I do, the last 3BP run took half an hour because I was trying to think about every option in every turn, hell, I made a god damned flowchart on a notepad to try to figure out what to do in every situation and that still did not help because a lot of winning or losing the fight is dependant on stuff like Waver's NP stun or whether Ibaraki decides to crit you for 12k so there is no strategy that consistently works.

Also just because you have a bunch of rare servants does not mean you can put together the right team, I'm really lacking in levels for all but 5 servants since I have not been playing long enough to level up more than that and my skill levels for all my servants are pretty terrible since I haven't been playing long enough to get the mats for skill leveling.

Strings of really bad RNG can be really painful and aggravating when they seem to happen constantly. Don't worry about needing to get it off your chest when it happens because it can be really damned annoying when nothing seems to go right.

Hit us up in the discord if you want to further expand on some strategies or something since we'd be glad to help you out in there.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Put this in the OP tia.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

I'm sorry, I did not mean to upset you. That was meant to be squarely tongue in cheek. The whole point is to work with what you've got. If you don't have the levels or the requisite time investment for mats, so be it, you get as far as you can get, and have to let it go.

Still no clue why your reseed isnt working though. That's a huge disadvantage when tackling punishing content (and wanting to win)

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Sorry to hear that. Definitely come to the discord to discuss options with us. I certainly had to use command skills the first 7 or so times I tried 3bp until I got more carps and mats.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

If you don't have a team that's leveled all the way and capable of putting up some sort of synergistic defense, don't do 3 BP. Especially if you don't have your own Waver, while trying to pull off 3BP with an underleveled team. Without being leveled up and having access to leveled skills, you're going to suffer through lots of wasted runs when you can just do 2 BP and scrape out some damage points while collecting gourds to cash in at the shop.

Mash + Waver is already a really strong defensive line. Toss in George, and 2 Cus (or a Marie if you got her) and you'll have the ultimate cockroach team to last through 3 BP. Then you just need to figure out how to do some damage to make the 15 turn grind worth it. Robin makes for a great DPS in an arts group, as he'll chain easily with Waver/Mash/Tamamo and sabotage can lower the enemy damage a bit.

I guess I'll just put it bluntly. I've been playing since the beginning, and all the servants I'm bringing are high leveled, 5*s, skilled up, and fou'd. And I still have to reset a few times when I get hit with the Ibaraki crits on 3BP. The only true easy mode runs of 3BP are Waver/Waver/*ANYTHING* and Waver/Tamamo/Orion. Everything else is going to require a few more brain cells for a maxed team, and much, much more if you're not running strong servants. Especially if you also are lacking Golden Carps and MLB Ushi CE.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 22, 2018

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I got angry mango and my fourth astolfo today

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
be like me and don't do 3bp at all because it takes too much brain energy and it's scary

I hated the saber wars and I hate this now. Give me back my mission based events, DW!!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kitfox88 posted:

I got angry mango and my fourth astolfo today

Once step closer to maxing out the Best Rider.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I would probably like this event more if I didn't spend 5 hrs before every match rerolling my friends list for Nate's Waver with the grouds drop CE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fergus's interlude is just great. It's even better imagining Kiryu in his place.:allears:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
What's the strat for rider day? I run an arts team with 4 casters... do you just kill the hands and pray? Or is there a recommended no wavers team?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The strat is to farm 2bp for gourds

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

coolusername posted:

What's the strat for rider day? I run an arts team with 4 casters... do you just kill the hands and pray? Or is there a recommended no wavers team?

The standard Waver/Tamamo/Orion arts team can probably afford to kill the hands ASAP; it should be possible to get one of them on turn 1 and the other within the next couple of turns if you lead with Orion's NP and then use as many of her cards as possible on the other one. It'll delay killing Ibaraki a bit, but with that team it ought to be fine anyway. You could also build a team around Jack instead - in that case you'd probably want Jack, Waver, and a series of taunters.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I was gonna say to use someone's Shuten but I don't think anyone rolled her

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I haven't leveled Shuten up yet.
the lanterns went to Jalter who is now finally 10/10/10

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I think either you punch the hands as fast as you can with someone like george protecting your wavers or you hope that guy with the level 100 shuten puts the ushi CE on her

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

My 3bp strategy is pretty risky, but i think it works on almost any class and its reliable enough as long as Jalter doesn't die on the very first turn from ibaraki crits. I've done it before with two fewer carps and i think i managed 5.5M damage.

plugsuit
Jalter with MLB ushi
Lalter with MLB carp (you can sub out with any strong AOE servant like gil or lancelot)
Support Waver with MLB carp
-george with carp
-mash with carp
-cu with carp or herc with bond CE

Build up as much NP gauge as possible on the first wave. heavily reliant on brave chains because with all the carps, even waver can 1-hit kill. Lalter and Waver should both start with 50% NP gauge, so you could get either of them to 100% right away if the RNG cards betray you. Keep building meter. If you see a potential brave chain with jalter, use your 3-turn skills and do it. If you see a potential buster chain with at least 2 jalters, use your 1 turn buster up skill too. if you see any arts chains do it.

Your two damage dealers are Jalter and Lalter. Jalter is significantly more powerful. Her buster crits naturally do twice as much damage, and the mlb ushi lets her do four times as much damage. a perfect NPBB chain with crits from her can do about 3M damage for me. Lalter exists mostly to nuke the hands. With 200-350% bonus damage from carps, maybe AOE servants should be able to nuke hands too. She can also help Jalter do buster chains to get that 20% extra damage. A perfect NPBB chain from Lalter might do 1.2M damage, maximum.

The key to this strategy is giving more crit stars to Jalter when I see she has buster cards ready. I do that by plugsuiting Lalter for either mash or george to give me 15 more stars. George has crazy star weigh, about equal to Jalter with her star weight skill active, so I will only bring him in if I see Lalter doesn't have more than one card in the hand. It's mildly helpful to save Lalter's NP by swapping her out, so she can use it right away after George dies. I'll save it or use it depending on if it helps me finish a Jalter buster chain. If I managed to nuke the hands early, i like to bring in mash instead, I have her give jalter more NP and taunt an Ibaraki NP.

Once george and mash are in play, theres a high chance you can survive until Jalter and Waver skills are off cooldown and you can fire off her NP a second time. by then, you should have done about 5M damage total. Try anything with Jalter and Lalter and Cu to do that last 1M of damage.

If Jalter dies early, just try to survive with waver stuns and cu, it's pretty drat dangerous :shrug:

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 22, 2018

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For Rider day I was either going to:

-Just try to kill the hands super fast with my usual Orion/Waver/Support Tamamo team, maybe put in a d'Eon instead of Tamamo to tank a few hits while I do so. d'Eon dies, Tamamo comes back in, life goes on.
-Go with Jack/Mash/Support Jack with Waver waiting in the back wings. Use the Jacks to kill the hands ASAP, with hopefully Mash surviving long enough to tank one Ibaraki NP. Waver comes in and then I have double Jack plus Waver ready to go with hopefully some amount of decent HP done in to Ibaraki.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Supposedly Rider day hands have by far the mildest skill for most teams - cleanse debuffs for one ally - so I think there's a strong argument for keeping them alive if you can. It definitely means no Hans, but Waver could possibly tough it out; failing that it might be a good opportunity to try out support Shuten, though as a debuffer she's not at her best here.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Damage cut applies before class vulnerability in the damage calculation, right?
If so, double Waver teams will laugh at rider hands because the double of zero is still zero and when the buffs run out it's taunting time anyway.
The initial drunkard wave is what's going to bring out some pain.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Omobono posted:

Damage cut applies before class vulnerability in the damage calculation, right?

Nope, after. Which is why you're taking zero on Assassin day.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

NRVNQSR posted:

Nope, after. Which is why you're taking zero on Assassin day.

My Jalter is also taking zero from the hands (depending on rng), that's why I asked.

Still, that would make rider hands deal about 1k to 2k with all the buffs up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Can pretty consistently clear 3BP at around 6 turns remaining now. Guess I'll see how things change once the day rolls over.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Farming for mats, and I got my next 30 quartz. So, do I wait for Camelot to open up, or do I roll my 30 now?

I don't need any more event CEs, I got pretty lucky during this last drop.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

J.A.B.C. posted:

Farming for mats, and I got my next 30 quartz. So, do I wait for Camelot to open up, or do I roll my 30 now?

I don't need any more event CEs, I got pretty lucky during this last drop.
The most important mantra to have with rolling is that if there is no one you are interested in on a banner, then don't roll. If you really really want Shuten (or Xuanzang or Raikou), then by all means roll. Never do it for just CEs.

Personally if I only had 30 quartz I'd wait for Camelot but that's just because I've been looking forward to that banner for ages.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

double waver laughs at every single day

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

There's ways to rig the fight to win. I'll crosspost a thing I wrote elsewhere. Consider this and see if you can't work a thing out.

quote:

I think the key that 'unlocks' this event and makes it fair instead of bullshit is knowing that Ibaraki can be made to take forced actions. If you can get her to spend her NP seals right when they won't do jack poo poo (and you can - they're the first actions she takes when she hits 3m and 1.2m HP if she doesn't have an NP ready), the two extra turns it gives you provide you with a very real measure of control. You want to end the fight in about 6 turns of Ibaraki attacks or so - this is because a conga line of taunters can take that level of abuse even if every single hit from Ibaraki is a crit, assuming you have them fully leveled. This means eight turns to kill the banana before she is actually at risk of killing you. Remember to take proper advantage of the 5-gauge hand's NP, too - if you use it properly, it charges like 50% gauge on everyone, letting you fire off back-to-back NPs from your damage dealer and support and completely shortcircuit the fight. It's a pretty nuanced match that can have all meaningful RNG removed from it, but you have to spend a lot of time drafting your team just right to do it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah, a lot of the fight centres around denying Banana as many of her turns as possible, or redirecting them to ensure they do the least harm.

Yet another reason why Double Wavers (double doublified) is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
This is why you shouldn't look down on NPs with crit down. It's the random crits that gently caress you over.