Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Semirais has an np charge and golden rule.

She does have an NP charge. She also has the several hundred quartz I threw at her banner only to get Beowulf and Stheno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
alright i'm gonna have to settle for 50 boxes and not 100

though i'm trying my damnedest to make it 75 right now

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

And here I am just content I got the best santa to np5

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I always save apples but I think my box record has been like, 20-30 at best.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to die if Li is xmas and Tamamovich is new years.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Frantically scrambling trying to get that stupid silver ticket. Made it through the first chapter to unlock the event yesterday. The frequent level ups help, but goddddddd I need more time to grind doodads to feed the roulette wheel.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I still have 50 gold apples to get through. At least the CE drop finally happened after 36 boxes.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Can someone remind me how the follow feature is supposed to work. Maybe I'm just blind, but I see no buttons?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I’m on my 23rd box after approximately 35 golden apples. Somehow this event seems less annoying to grind than most? It was fun to construct my fast clear teams.

I have gotten 2 CE drops. I’d like to wait for one more for MLB, but I’m losing hope on that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I've gotten three and I havent even finish my 5th box.

I want to farm cakes too :(

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

How many raw hours are left on the event? Eurogoon here, and this day was way too long for me. Do I still have my next evening (24h from now) to eat all the apples?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Omobono posted:

How many raw hours are left on the event? Eurogoon here, and this day was way too long for me. Do I still have my next evening (24h from now) to eat all the apples?

32 hours and 49 minutes from this post.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I feel bad for Wu Zeitan. All this First emperor hype and she's been entirely forgotten.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm still looking forward to rolling for her

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

BGrifter posted:

Frantically scrambling trying to get that stupid silver ticket. Made it through the first chapter to unlock the event yesterday. The frequent level ups help, but goddddddd I need more time to grind doodads to feed the roulette wheel.

Post your User ID in the thread if you want to populate your friends list with goons. It'll help a lot. For a Support Servant recommendation, unless you're looking for specific drop bonus, just grab Jeanne D'Arc Alter (the one dressed in black) and mow through as much of the event as you can.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

genericnick posted:

Can someone remind me how the follow feature is supposed to work. Maybe I'm just blind, but I see no buttons?

Ah, only for clearing main quest 1. Makes sense.

Edit: Big Bro Cuzilla is the official hard carry.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Trihugger posted:

Post your User ID in the thread if you want to populate your friends list with goons. It'll help a lot. For a Support Servant recommendation, unless you're looking for specific drop bonus, just grab Jeanne D'Arc Alter (the one dressed in black) and mow through as much of the event as you can.

Good idea!

My friend code:

I’ve been grabbing whatever level 100 I can see on the list, mostly Jeanne D’Arc Alter, and clearing the 30 energy difficulty.

Does anyone have a good daily checklist of stuff to do? My next stumbling block is ascension materials for Waver and Heracles. The first ascension on both made an enormous difference, unlocking their second skills.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

BGrifter posted:

Good idea!

My friend code:

I’ve been grabbing whatever level 100 I can see on the list, mostly Jeanne D’Arc Alter, and clearing the 30 energy difficulty.

Does anyone have a good daily checklist of stuff to do? My next stumbling block is ascension materials for Waver and Heracles. The first ascension on both made an enormous difference, unlocking their second skills.

Assuming an event isn't running, do the 40 pts dailies every day to get misc stuff and mana prisms to buy the summon ticket and XP cards in the shop every month - a suitable support should be enough to get you through the missions. Spend the rest of your AP on advancing through the story - if there's a 1/2 AP storyline bonus going on like the one coming up, don't bother with the dailies and just get through the story - everything up to Camelot should be relatively manageable with supports. If you need to grind for mats, google and find the best spot in terms of AP-to-drop ratio.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Good idea!

My friend code:

If you need materials and they're not in the event shop, there's a spreadsheet showing the best farming locations here. Be aware that free quest drop rates are pretty poo poo, but if you only need a couple of a mat to make it to an ascension it can help. Getting materials from events is much easier and more reliable.

As far as what to do on a daily basis, farm for whatever's the bottleneck keeping you from strengthening your servants at the moment. You may need materials now, but then you'll need embers, and if you strengthen skills to high levels then you'll need QP. It's a bit like whack a mole.

Being able to reliably beat the 40ap ember daily should be your first goal. Trying to put together a team that can farm it quickly and reliably should be your second goal. No matter what your material situation is, you'll always need embers. If you're trying to make a farming team, Arash and Spartacus are good candidates to level up early. They both have AoE NPs capable of waveclearing and a skill with NP charge on it. Give them a Kaleidoscope (or an imaginary element and 20% charge from Waver) and they can take out a wave in a single turn. Don't underestimate low rarity servants, some of them are really good.

Some servants' interludes also give one time drops of materials if you're in dire need. Blackbeard's in particular gives a load of pages.

A good support should be able to carry you through most of the early story. It'll only start getting hairy around America or so, with the difficulty spiking by Camelot. Be aware that the story will drop some materials and pieces for ascension, but it's a pretty hodgepodge mix, and it will almost never drop embers.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Does Small-ter have a flat-chest boobwindow or is she like, wearing a backless dress backwards and then her furry mantle over it? What is going on with that outfit.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Crasical posted:

Does Small-ter have a flat-chest boobwindow or is she like, wearing a backless dress backwards and then her furry mantle over it? What is going on with that outfit.

It's just a dumb outfit that tries really hard to ruin an adorable character. Thanks Takeuchi.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The creepy/weird design choices when it comes to the female Servants are one of the things you are supposed to sidestep when talking about the game.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is anyone else having a problem where the game keeps crashing during the loading screen alluva sudden?

Edit: Nevermind, guess I just needed to reboot my phone.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 4, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i still have so many apples to eat

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Bakanogami posted:

As far as what to do on a daily basis, farm for whatever's the bottleneck keeping you from strengthening your servants at the moment.

Thanks for all the advice! (Same with the other posts)

I think I’m on a decent path. I can clear the 40 energy XP materials dungeon with a top notch support unit, so that helped a ton getting Heracles and Waver capped for now. I’m also starting to see why everyone likes Waver so much, being able to bump someone’s NP gauge up is awesome.

I’m focusing on levelling Waver and Heracles first, then I started working on Arash when bottlenecked. I’ll add Spartacus to the list and of course Mash.

I just wish I had more time to grind this Christmas event. Coming in at the last minute means I don’t think I’ll be able to get the Silver Ticket in time to keep the holiday unit. I wish I’d started playing a week earlier.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

BGrifter posted:

Good idea!

My friend code:

Sent as Harry. Let me rub my high level servants all over you.

BGrifter posted:

Thanks for all the advice! (Same with the other posts)

I think I’m on a decent path. I can clear the 40 energy XP materials dungeon with a top notch support unit, so that helped a ton getting Heracles and Waver capped for now. I’m also starting to see why everyone likes Waver so much, being able to bump someone’s NP gauge up is awesome.

I’m focusing on levelling Waver and Heracles first, then I started working on Arash when bottlenecked. I’ll add Spartacus to the list and of course Mash.

I just wish I had more time to grind this Christmas event. Coming in at the last minute means I don’t think I’ll be able to get the Silver Ticket in time to keep the holiday unit. I wish I’d started playing a week earlier.

You have another chance in a year, and Smolter isn't amazing as anything other than a waveclear lancer anyways, so don't worry too much. Also, probably stick to the lower level training grounds to start with, since you need blue gems before red or gold, logically.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Luckily if you do get the ticket for Janta you'll have all her ascension materials and enough of the logs to buy her copies to NP5 with in the process.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

BGrifter posted:

Good idea!

My friend code:

Sent you a request as Shiny.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Clawtopsy posted:

i still have so many apples to eat

I need to say thank you for your Cleopatra. She is so beautiful and strong and very good at killing all three servants in the last stage in one turn

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
If anyone needs more MLB Event CE Waver friends, add me @ 408,873,043. I've cleaned out approximately 10 friend slots.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Thanks goons, my friend list just got swole as gently caress. :stare: So many max level murderbabes to smash snowmen with!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Well, secured the Silver Ticket and MLB Chaldea Lunchtime at last. It's a shame the best stocking node doesn't give any other currency at all, and also that most of the bonus servants buff the currency that's least useful by a huge margin.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Gluten Freeman posted:

I need to say thank you for your Cleopatra. She is so beautiful and strong and very good at killing all three servants in the last stage in one turn

yeah!!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Jesus, that first node in Camelot is a fuckin wake up call, isn't it

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Jesus, that first node in Camelot is a fuckin wake up call, isn't it

Yeah, Camelot is where the gloves officially come off.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Shishou's kicking leg does not quit. Even if she's never really best choice after this she's definitely earned her level ups.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

W.T. Fits posted:

Me: eh, I have multiple gold servants at 60-70, this shouldn't be too hard

DelightWorks: [laughs in sphinx]

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the gauntlet of assassin bosses halfway through was my bane more than anything else in that chapter. i couldn't help that i didn't have the mats for sanzang!!

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I got one copy of the much-talked-about Chaldea Lunchtime but doing some napkin math it looks like I would need to clear... 50 more event boxes to get enough prisms for the other four copies.

Even if I could clear the stocking node in 3 turns it's just not possible, and it doesn't seem like there's a major source of prisms between now and the expiration time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

All those bloody sandstorms making my phone chug.