Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

Asterios, Lu Bu and Kiyohime are probably the main low-rarity Berzerkers to look out for right now? Of course it's all down to personal taste.

About two years off? It doesn't seem like they'll be accelerating content at all for pacing and plot reasons, so we'll probably stay that far behind. At least it makes it easy to plan ahead.

Oh I see you get Kiyohime for clearing Orleans, so that's cool. Two years is pretty crazy but as long as the content release is steady I don't really care much about how far behind it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Out of curiosity what is the maximum number of grails you could possible have at this point in JP, from story and events I assume.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Out of curiosity what is the maximum number of grails you could possible have at this point in JP, from story and events I assume.

19 or 20? I've seen conflicting answers, but it's definitely around there.

edit: Could you get a second grail when they repeated the 2015 Halloween event? If so that would resolve the confusion and make it 20.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 24, 2017

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Any opinions on master clothing? Wondering if I should spend precious AP on unlocking an alternative. The battle suit looks decent?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Absolutely spend ap to unlock all master clothing.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Looking ahead to future limited servants, is Old Man of the Mountain as rad as his artwork because god drat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjHusV05zJk

You tell me. I want him so bad especially since he's voiced by Jouji Nakata.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
I used 5 apples this weekend to get all the statues and monuments needed to get waver, gil and herc to ascension 3. I couldn't wait until post nerofest to farm those up because I wanted the new portraits.

In other news I kinda just realized that the lvl 80 herc on my friends list is fully ascended and that still blows my mind. But I guess if you only used your ap the last month to get ascension mats for herc it's possible.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
60 quartz and 8 tickets for NP 2 Summer Martha, which I'm quite all right with. :toot:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Looking ahead to future limited servants, is Old Man of the Mountain as rad as his artwork because god drat:

King Hassan loving owns, he's not gamebreaking tier, but you can build a team to his strengths and he will ruin days. Especially since the game's meta being so Buster focused right now, he can murder the gently caress out of anything with buster buffs (Merlin, Merlin, Merlin). The problem is like his gimmick is focused around his instant kill abilities so he's scaled to that level, he should probably have more attack than he normally does, but he's really cool and you can't go wrong getting a single-target buster NP assassin like him.

Also his story relevance in Camelot and Babylon are loving killer, he does some crazy poo poo in those two storylines.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gently caress give me robin hood already you poo poo gacha

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Getting kind of bored of FFRK lately. Thinking of trying this and read the OP and skimmed the last couple pages. Whats this Nerofest thing? Is it a thing with a bunch of goodies, or just some kinda special event where people (presumably with well established teams) can try to get Nero via an event? Or is it just better odds of getting her on the gatcha pull?

Basically does the event matter at all for a newbie, and is there a decent newbie guide? :v:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Getting kind of bored of FFRK lately. Thinking of trying this and read the OP and skimmed the last couple pages. Whats this Nerofest thing? Is it a thing with a bunch of goodies, or just some kinda special event where people (presumably with well established teams) can try to get Nero via an event? Or is it just better odds of getting her on the gatcha pull?

Basically does the event matter at all for a newbie, and is there a decent newbie guide? :v:

The event is basically a bunch of quests to get high level upgrade materials, some of which won't be available in the main game for a few months. There's a unique CE (equipment) available but it's not an especially strong or important one. There's a gatcha banner going on at the same time with a rate-up for Nero.

For a newbie it's potentially worth playing the easier quests in the event to get the material rewards, and possibly farming a little if any of your servants will need the special materials.

Also if you're going to start it's worth doing so in the next couple of days, as there are some good launch celebration giveaways that end very soon.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 25, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nerofest isnt that high level since the game just launched, and there's easy mode challenges that are only like level 20ish.

The event is basically

A) A rateup on Nero.
B) An event where you do some battles in exchange for medals. You then spend the medals on rewards in the event shop. There are bronze, silver, and gold medals, each with different rewards you can purchase with them and naturally the quests to grind gold medals are easier than the ones for bronze medals.

It's relevant to a new player if you want Nero or if you want some fairly easy ascension materials. (Which you need to exchange in order to increase a character's level cap, iunno if FFRK has that mechanic)

Also yeah, if you want to start do it now for the free SR.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Is it still possible to get the Master Recruitment Campaign ticket? It sounded like they cut it off earlier than I started playing.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is it still possible to get the Master Recruitment Campaign ticket? It sounded like they cut it off earlier than I started playing.

They hosed up and put the wrong end date for it on Facebook, so they extended it as an apology. I'm not sure if you can still get the ticket now, though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no matter how much i roll the friendship gacha I never get cursed arm hassan

why has god blighted me

SennyYak
May 10, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

no matter how much i roll the friendship gacha I never get cursed arm hassan

why has god blighted me

Same but Non-proto Cu.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Since granblue does it differently, I'll note for anyone who isn't aware: you have to exchange your medals during the event period. Any unused medals will disappear along with the shop at event's end.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh poo poo, the event is up. Time to get whaling.

Edit: gently caress yeah, pulled Nero with my 6th Summon ticket.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 25, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

Since granblue does it differently, I'll note for anyone who isn't aware: you have to exchange your medals during the event period. Any unused medals will disappear along with the shop at event's end.
you acutally usually have a grace period of a few days after the event ends, but, yeah

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Guy Who Doesn't Work
Guy Who Works
Guy Who Was Just Here

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

gently caress yeah. Got Nero in 6 tickets

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Decided to roll with three tickets on the rateup machine to get Nero, as an off chance. Want to save the rest for Tamamo.

First pull: Heaven's feel.
Second: Nero.

...I stopped rolling after that.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

So I rolled probably the only 10 roll I'm gonna be able to pull off this event and I got a blond Saber!

Just, you know, the wrong one. Oh well, still my 1st 5 star roll

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
So which of these events is the best to grind for medals if you're into that sort of thing? After you've cleared them all once, of course.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh poo poo, did a multi and got my first 5*, Altera.

drat, now I have to try to choose between her and Nero.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Yowzers the drop rate on these medals is pretty bad. Guess you really do have to specifically target the shop items otherwise you're gonna be in a world of frustration. Used 100ap and I got like 12 silver medals (after doing all the quests once and the 20ap quest once)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, I got Nero with my first ticket.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

The drops will get better as the other fights start. Right now we're in the easy ones, so farming is gonna be harder until the event moves forward. Also the 10 ap is the best for getting silvers, 5 for bronzes, and 30 for gold. They will almost always net only that color, and the 20 has the chance of dropping all of them, so its not really the best one to do.

EDIT: Managed to get enough silvers to ascend Waver to his perfect form.

Thundersword238 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 25, 2017

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Spent all 7 of my summon tickets, no Nero. :smith:

Spent 30 Quartz, got a Nero. :unsmith:

Now to resist the urge to throw tons of cash at the game to get more copies to level up her NP. :unsmigghh:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Why yes I will take these chaos claws to immediately ascend FSN Cu.

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
Man my Gatcha luck is poo poo, 17 tickets and 120 quartz and all I got is Marie Antoinette.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I pulled a blue saber but not a red saber. :nyoron:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Woo pulled 2 Nero's to up her NP and a god drat Kaleidoscope.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Endorph posted:

(Which you need to exchange in order to increase a character's level cap, iunno if FFRK has that mechanic)

A bit late on this, but yes, FFRK does have level cap breaking. You need a memory crystal for the character whose cap you're breaking, and there are three caps to break - one at level 50, one at 65 and one at 80, after which the final cap is 99. The memory crystals for the 50 and 65 level caps (MC1 and MC2 respectively) are fairly easy to get; every week there's an event featuring characters from one of the games in the series, and in addition to giving out those characters for completing stages, the event also gives out the MC1 and MC2 for those character, plus a free blank MC1 and MC2 crystal that can be used to purchase MCs for other characters you might want to break.

The MC3s for the level 80 cap are a bit harder to come by; you get one blank one per event that you can use to buy a MC3 for a character of your choice, and that's basically it. There were a few events where they gave out an MC3 specifically for a character who was added for that event, but those were exceptions to the general rule. So deciding on who to take from 80 to 99 depends on who you've got good Soul Breaks for and whether or not they're your husbando/waifu/whatever, since you're never going to be able to get enough MC3s for all the characters in the game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Arash transforms Nerofest into a complete joke.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
10 Roll and a Ticket got me Liz, Sumanai, and L/ZO.

Huh.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Had enough free quartz for a 10-pull, got Altera and Nero. Guess I don't need to worry about the event summons now. :toot:

Also what's the best mission to farm medals from? My instinct's the 20 AP/third one, but that may just be my team's levels...

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Asimo posted:

Also what's the best mission to farm medals from? My instinct's the 20 AP/third one, but that may just be my team's levels...

Depends what you need. It looks like all quests give about 7 medals on average, which one you do just changes the types you get. 5AP is mostly Bronze, 10AP is mostly Silver, 20AP is an even mix and 30AP is mostly Gold.

If you think you'll be able to farm the grand finals in the last phase that will probably end up being the best source of gold medals, so maybe take that into account when planning?

edit: Ignoring the grand final it seems like about 6000AP to completely clear out the shop? Natural AP regen during the event is 2600 or so, plus a few hundred from level ups. Of course some of the shop is worthless and the grand final seems like it should be about twice as efficient so in practice it's probably fine.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of the shop does it also change every few days like the quest does or what we see is what we get? Most of the mats I want are gold at this point. :(

Pierson fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 25, 2017