Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Bakanogami posted:

Also, have they announced the micro transaction pricing in the US release? Is it going to be ridiculous like the JP one where it costs like 25 bucks for one roll of the gacha? If it were cheaper I would have dropped so much money on this game but I just can't bring myself to do it knowing how low the drop rates are for rare servants.

They haven't announced pricing, but here's some depression for you: F/GO's setup is actually one of the better gacha/price setups in Japan currently and that's a key part of why it's so successful. It has a pack of quartz that is perfect for impulse 10-pulls, and a lot of JP players go for it. And thanks to favorable currency conversions, any American playing the JP version actually pays less.

We'll see what they do for pricing on Sunday, but I wouldn't expect it to be terribly different (the Japanese playerbase would have a fit if it's massively cheaper).

Also, as far as the 4*s go (and man, we're getting two out the gate plus Saber Lily, that's a lot of gold on day one), Emiya and Herc are the obvious picks, but Liz and, yes, Stheno are actually picks worth considering.

Liz's Charisma is going to be fairly weak and uninspiring at first, but once you do her Strengthening Quest, it gets way stronger. Liz is basically the best 4* support Lancer in the game - maxed out, her upgraded Charisma gives fellow ladies 40% more attack for three out of every five turns. That's a lot of goddamn power. And given how many heavy hitters in this game are, naturally, women...

Stheno is more an investment in the future. I'll be frank: at launch, she's absolute trash. Her third skill from her Strengthening Quest, though, gives her a Charisma like Liz's, except it applies to Divine Servants. The trick is, that list just gets bigger and includes more good Servants as the game goes on, so her value to a team just increases more and more over time. In Epic of Remnant, the game's first expansion, she's actually not too bad and is particularly useful during some fights early in the Shinjuku chapter, which gives her an opponent who she can use her full skillset against. You're still going for future investment, here, and prior to, like, E Pluribus Unum she's just going to be tragic even if the Strengthening Quests are available day one, but don't dismiss her outright. She has her place on a team.

I could go into a few others, but the point is, while Emiya and Herc are hot poo poo, they aren't the only games in town and there are a few others worth considering.

Captain Keene posted:

Re: Lily talk, she's not especially good, but you'll get some mileage out of her early on when you're still starved for servants that aren't total garbage. After that she still has use in exp farming teams, her aoe and prana burst can clear a wave, and she offers increased NP generation for your team to help charge her and other team members' aoes up.

Pretty much. Lily is from the very early era of the game when they were going to make "free" 4*s notably inferior to gacha ones, and while that course was happily reversed, for a number of reasons they never really could do much for Lily aside from give her some clever buffs when the event that allows you to take her NP to 5 rolled around. She's still saddled with notably inferior base stats, though (they're more equal to a 3* Servant's, but for her it's worse in a way, because not even Grails can save her - because her initial cap is 80, she doesn't even have as much room to grow as a 3* would) and in the long run, "real" Sabers will start to markedly outperform her (Altria Alter, Rama, and Saber-Lancelot all clowning on her particularly hard, and even Elizabeth Brave being notably better).

Still, she gets Mana Burst (a steroid for her Buster cards, which includes her super) fairly early, and there is an argument to be made that, if you're farming, especially in the pre-Merlin, pre-Helena, pre-Drake era we're going to find ourselves in, that third skill of hers is a decent bit more useful than a basic Charisma. She's not a bad Servant to have, especially for the price of free, and I think she at least has more utility than Saber Gilles or Caesar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

cheetah7071 posted:

What do you do with duplicates in this game? Can you deploy both? Should you, ever? Do you use the dupe to power up the original, or do you mulch it for a resource?

To answer the bolded: unlike many other games, you cannot, in fact, deploy multiples of the same character. If you have another character's alternate version they can deploy together - so say you have Altria Alter and Altria Lily, they can deploy together, but if you have two Alters you can only put one on the team. This is one of the things I like, since it encourages the use of a good deal of your roster.

Extra copies are exclusively for powering up the Noble Phantasms of a given unit.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Decus posted:

FGO rates are actually good for getting characters you want, as you want them since it's apparently around .6% for an SSR on rate-up regardless of roster size and there are no other rolls to screw over their stats. Something like GBF, even with 6% rates on rate-ups, gives you .2%.

Yeah, I actually sort of want to try and find the :effort: to do a write-up on why Fuggo's gacha is actually one of the more generous ones in the market, and why that's something of a driver in the game being as successful as it is. The TLDR is this: the super-extra-rare chase waifus are very hard to get, and that's how they "get you", but the gacha's liability rate is actually shockingly low compared to its contemporaries. If you can live with not having your most precious waifu (at least immediately), the gacha will actually give you a lot of things to be satisfied with. That "1% 5* servant" thing is deceptive and only a small part of the equation.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Oh god, the TL.

It's...

:smith:

Pureauthor posted:

I find it a little strange their sticking with 'Fou' for our little friend.

I can see why they'd do that, at least, though I bet it's just also inertia.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

What's the appeal of friend points rolls?

Less rare stuff, but just another shot at getting more stuff in general?

Among other things, pure grist for the mill in leveling your Craft Essences. Past level 40 or so, CEs require a loving lot of experience to level.

Also yeah, it does have a shot at giving you 3*s, and early in your career some of those people are straight killers.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

So how do you get the free 4* star servant?

gently caress this is so confusing, where's the reroll guide?

If you're skipping the prologue:

(on android)
1) Start the app/download, load into the game proper accepting the ToU etc
2) When the initial scene comes up, skip it
3) Play the tutorial battle
4) Skip scene
5) Enter name, you can change it later
6) Skip scene, fight, skip etc until the forced 10-roll
6a) Yorokobe shounen, despair is come
7) do the next fight etc
8) you are now free to gather your free stuff and do another 10-roll
9) if both of these are not to your liking, close app, go into your settings -> apps -> Fate_GO -> storage -> clear data
10) repeat, yorokobe
11) if you find a roll you'd like to keep (including one in your pocket as you go), go to My Room -> Bind Code -> follow instructions.

We'll be getting the free 4* outside of the tutorial roll somewhat later. You can't get it now.

I laughed, then sighed, then cried

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I'm already sitting on a 5* account, but there's no reason not to reroll like a complete madman right now. Even on a single device it's pretty quick and double 10 rolls mean you have a not insignificant chance of getting lucky as hell.

I'll make sure to share the love when I finally settle on an account to keep.

Tired Moritz posted:

Well, I got Emiya, Rome, Fat Caesar, cu cu (prototype) and Boudica. Good?

Bad(ish), there's a grand total of one 4* Servant in there. Emiya is good, so if you want him, at least hang on to the bind code, but if it were me I'd keep fishing.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Tae posted:

So what are tips for actually playing through?

Right now things are really simple. You want to have an eye toward getting a good attacker going (so someone in the vein of Herc/Emiya/some version of Altria/Robin Hood/etc) and someone who can buff/defend well (this will eventually be Mash, but Jeanne/Waver/etc are the big draws here and the reason to reroll). Keep the type triangles in mind, and if you know you're going up against a big ticket opponent, bring an attacker who can be effective against them.

It'll get more complicated as time goes on, but at launch it's not terribly difficult.

Also I'm going to buck the trend and say that while Kaleidoscope etc is very good, it alone isn't quite worth keeping an account over if you're really dedicated to rerolling. The rate on 5* CEs is comparatively pretty solid and you'll end up seeing a lot of them over the course of your career. Right now, meanwhile, is basically the best time in the world to keep going for one of the big ticket 5*s and all it costs you is a bit of time.

Herc/Kaleidoscope is a pretty good roll and you can stop there if you're satisfied, but if you're dedicated to rerolling, keep the bind code just in case but keep going.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

MotU posted:

is there any way to make the (8) go away on the Singularity select screen? I assume its just telling me I got 8 Free Quests but I already cleared them all except the lvl 40 one so stop telling me I have things to do game. stop lying. stop the lies

Oh man, this might actually be an indication of which build of the JP client we're on. That was a bug for a while in Japan, right after the new year hit. So I guess we're on the final, pre-Epic of Remnant build?

Also, what the deuces, might as well throw some accounts out there.

* BASAKA (Herc)/Kaleidoscope: uQVP9wTfRm pass: ilya
* NP2 d'Eon/Liz: eykjPSA3MQ pass: deon

If you end up using either, please quote it so I know.

I have a couple of 5* accounts now, we'll see which one I end up keeping! The other(s) will definitely go here in the thread.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

Anyone interested? Also I only list the CE's for some of them, I didn't bother for the most part.

I might be interested in the Jeanne, but I plan on rerolling for a while yet. And I might even go with a different account entirely! So if someone else wants it, they can get it first. I would be interested, tho.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Thuryl posted:

Yeah, it's an actual plot point in F/SN that the war is rigged so that the three mage families who came up with the concept know things that everyone else doesn't and consequently end up with all the best Servants.

e:f,b

Moreover, the published Fuyuki Grail Wars (F/SN and F/Zero) are the way they are because things are off-plan; F/SN happens period because the three aforementioned families had most of their major members killed off or incapacitated by the end of the 4th War, and it really is basically some teenagers left holding the bag and trying to pick up the pieces and figure out what the hell is going on. The real Matou head was planning on sitting this one out, even, but he's happy to let Shinji just bumble his way to death because it gets rid of him, and is only willing to act when Shirou sets up something by accident on a certain route.

Even Zero, the 4th War itself, is off, though, because there are problems in the background that even the three families aren't aware of, nothing goes the way people anticipate, and on top of that, Gilgamesh was not the best choice Tokiomi Tohsaka could have made when it came to Servants and they weren't terribly compatible.

Blockhouse posted:

I think so, yeah

Casters and Assassins are definitely the classes that require tactical plays instead of just finding your enemy and beating the poo poo out of them. I think that sort of carries over to F/GO too.

Yeah, if you've watched or read Unlimited Blade Works, the Caster there was basically following the ideal game plan for a Caster in a standard Grail War. She had her territory, she had various means of incapacitating other Servants and Masters, and she had cooperation from her Master who was able to help her cover a few of her weaknesses. She loses mostly because she didn't plan for everything correctly.

You also get to see a "proper" Assassin operating in the Heaven's Feel route of F/SN, though only somewhat.

fake edit: holy gently caress, while I want a Jeanne account I might be obligated to keep this last one I just rolled.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do we know the rates for 5* servants? There is no way that its 1%, feels way worse.

No, it's definitely 1% in the current gacha. I've gotten, if anything, a somewhat above-par rate for them but the rates are definitely what they are in JP.

Captain Keene posted:

It's 1%. IIRC Gacha games have become such an issue in Japan that companies are legally required to disclose the rates.

Yes. Rate disclosure is a legal requirement after certain Granblue shenanigans.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 27, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Meanwhile, I was debating some further rerolls, but screw it, it's extremely likely I won't do better than this:

Vlad III on the cusp of buffs and Mr. Veruveto himself. If I pick up Emiya from the free 4* promo, that'll be both a good set of dudes and a lot of dudes I don't have on my JP account, to boot. The CEs will come when they come.

Add me, of course, and make use of Vlad, too. He'll rip through Fuyuki and Orleans effortlessly, especially since I'm leveling that Projection of his too. I'll get Waver and Vlad to first ascension as soon as it's feasible.

--

Meanwhile, I also have a couple of accounts to give away as well, 5*s that weren't quite this sweediculous:

Altera/NP2 Marie/Liz: hTzE73uU1K pass: extella
Team Punchmans(Vlad/Herc): RvSmxQHtcr pass: impale

Please do post if you decide to use these accounts. EDIT: Taken!

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 27, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Centzon Totochtin posted:

is Marie Antoinette good, because she was my 4 star and I'm not invested in this game enough to re-roll even if she isn't

She's useful for being very difficult to kill, but there are better starting Servants, especially with the Unlimited Reroll Works we have going on right now.

Ashsaber posted:

Think I may snag that one. Putting up a bunch orf ones I rolled in a minute

Gegil posted:

Thanks much!!

Hope you guys find them useful :)

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Welp, I'm done. Not my favourites but it's apparently a strong comp to go on with and it's my first 5* in 30+ rerolls.

Vlad3 + Illya CE
Stheno
Cu Chu lancer

2x imaginery elements too.

I kinda regret giving away that Lancelot zerker account since it was my 4th reroll and would have been decent but heh, no takebacksies :D

Vlad can take a little while to get going because he's got an S growth curve on his level ups (i.e. his first 15 and last 15 levels don't have much stats but in between his levels are loving enormous), but especially since he's got a buff coming down the pipe even for us (and already live in JP), he's a whirlwind of death once he gets going and he can NP a lot easier than other Zerks. I might still use an Imaginary Element on him, though, because Kazilki Bey hits like a fuckin' truck even before his Interlude. Sadly, we don't get any of his Interludes regardless, since they take place in London.

--

Anyway let me go ahead and post my last few decent rolls, hopefully someone will find these useful.

Sumanai (Siegfried)/Atalanta: wGgfZjmTPw pass: sumanai
d'Eon/Stheno: VbCMM3hhb3 pass: deon

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I get the feeling I got stupid, stupid lucky with my first haul (no rerolls!) so I'm posting it here so you people who know what you're doing can let me know how to spend my resources/who to use/etc. Thanks!

That is a pretty goddamn nice haul for no rerolls at all, grats.

I would definitely pump some levels into Vlad; once he gets over that initial valley in his leveling, he gains stats at an absurd rate and will be capable of smashing his way through Fuyuki and Orleans. A bit of a shame you got no supports at all, but you can keep him healed with the initial outfit and defended with Mash at least.

Limited/Zero Over is probably better used on Emiya, though (surprise). It'll make his NP stupidly more powerful and he can generate NP bar for it just fine on his own. Vlad would get more mileage out of your Imaginary Element, since he could get to his NP faster for blowing up big targets.

So I would focus your leveling on Vlad and Emiya, and CE experience on L/ZO and Imaginary Element. Get some EXP in Marie and Cu, too, they can do some work, especially if you just want to stall out the enemy forever (although Marie struggles to truly tank as she can't redirect aggro to herself natively).

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Thanks for the pointers! I appreciate it. It's my first time getting him, never got a good zerker outside Lancelot on JPN and Lance is reliant on crit building so I never had the comp for him.

So far he wrecks everything at level 40.

Yeah, I'm sort of weirdly excited to try Vlad for myself in NA, since I never had him at all in Japan. He's done well for himself so far.

Holy hell I forgot how hard the Hand quests are when you don't have any of the big fat waveclear options Japan has though. Santa Alter & JDASL have left me spoiled rotten.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Tae posted:

I'm assuming buffs don't stack?

There is, technically, a buff limit, but it extends well beyond what the game can usually display.

Stack those buffs. Make things explode.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Vengarr posted:

I thought people on your friends list always show? I've been driving SpaceDrake's Vlad3 around Fuyuki like I just robbed a liquor store.

People on your friendlist will fall off after they haven't played for a little while. I've never wholly understood how the algorithm works, but when I log off he'll disappear for a while until I get back on.

Also I now have this image of Vlad driving Gudako and Mash around in a convertible, wearing some shades, with tons of booze in the back, and I wish I had the artistic skill to actually depict it.

Pureauthor posted:

I have rolled every single available 5* at this point.

Except Waver.

The game mocks me.

Who wants an account with Jeanne, Emiya and Atalanta? If possible I'd like to trade for a Waver account.

Honestly that's a little tempting (I could just get Herc via the free 4*), but I am liking my Vlad/Waver tag team so far. Hopefully Waver can come home to you eventually!

--

Also, to add to a few of Baka's notes:

Interludes are tied to specific singularities, and some of our current Servants don't have theirs available yet. Vlad, for example, has all his interludes in London (quelle surprise), and they're really great but they aren't available right now.

Mash is going to be kind of mediocre for a long time... until the Sixth Singularity, where she suddenly gets a ton of power for Reasons, and she catapults from poor to literally Waver-tier, where she remains today. So if she feels not great right now, don't worry, she gets way better but it takes time.

As far as Levels go, one of the hidden stats for each Servant is their growth curve, which dictates how many stats they get per level. These are Linear, S, Reverse S, Semi-S, and Semi-Reverse S. Linear is what it sounds like, S has stats weighted heavily toward the middle of their leveling (so poor stats from 1-10 and, say, 70-80 or 75-90 but absolutely absurd levels around 40 or 50 depending on rarity), Reverse S is of course the reverse, and Semi is a less severe version of either.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Vhak lord of hate posted:

So I rolled two Wavers in the introductory pulls and everyone seems to be on his nuts but I'm feeling like I'm trying to level as a healer in an mmo. The only 4* I have is getting two archer Emiyas and the free Saber. Is this going to be grueling until like 50 hours of farming? Because if so I'd rather know and uninstall right now.

He unfortunately takes a little while to get going, but in high end content he remains one of the very best supports in the game, even in Japan today.

You'd need to level him a bit, but even after his first ascension you'll notice him get more useful because he'd have his defense buff which blocks a lot of damage, even at rank 1. But yeah, his raw damage will never be great - in general NA doesn't have any of the kill-heavy Casters just yet. (You've still got Emiya and Saber Lily, though, and they've got plenty of kill power by themselves.)

Still, if you end up disliking the game, make sure you get a bind code so that some other Goon can make use of that account, I'm sure some folks here would love it.

Also remember that you get leveling cards from Chaldea game Ember quests, you don't get normal EXP just from fighting.

Bakanogami posted:

As far as I know positioning means diddly squat.

At least for the front three servants. The back three enter the battle from left to right.

This is 100% correct. Lineup up front doesn't really mean anything.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Treasures are wasted on the unappreciative, I have a 2x formal craft on Waver which I assume is a good craft and I can't really see much of an improvement

It needs to be driven home: Waver isn't a damage-dealer. He exists to make other people live longer and hit harder.

This makes him a bit of a poor choice for the early game, since it's a bit more efficient to just blow things up. For later content, he is incredibly useful, however.

You can kind of leave him aside for now and focus on Emiya, Saber Lily, and anyone else you get from the FP gacha and whatnot.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Bakanogami posted:

I think the servant with most versions is still Arturia/Saber, who has normal, alter, Santa, lancer, lancer alter, beach archer, mysterious heroine x, and MHX alter versions. She has every class except caster now!

Yup, and people are anticipating they'll give in to Kawakami's voracious desire for more Artoria and do either a joke Caster for Christmas or they'll finally do Morgan (which could own).

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Sophism posted:

Thanks, went through with it!

This time I got two 3* Mephistopheles, a 3* Robin Hood, a 4* Martha and a 4* Heracles. Any better?

(Forgot about Robin Hood there!)

Remember that you can also roll open on the gacha with all the launch currency they've given us. If you want to go in hard, reroll until you get a 5* of some kind.

Herc is extremely solid though and that alone is worth keeping.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

cpaf posted:

I assume there isn't a rate-up and we should consider conserving quartz now if we have a decent starting roll? Should we bother conserving friend point rolls as well, ala the PAD FP rate ups?

There won't be rate ups for a little while yet, probably. Spend an initial 30 quartz (beyond the tutorial roll) in the gacha looking for that 5* of your dreams, but after that... well, spend some of the flood of newbie quartz if you feel like you're really hurting for variety. At the very least, however, wait until you clear the Fuyuki singularity, since that unlocks Saber Alter in the story gacha. Ideally, if you can manage it, wait until you clear Septem, since that unlocks Nero.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

New Leaf posted:

So the Star levels on a Servant.. Can those be raised? If so, is there a limit to the increase? I just have no sense of who is good and who isn't. I've just been running a party of the 5-star Saber I pulled with a 4-star Berserker. I haven't hit anything I can't handle yet. But I see people raving about Robin Hood, who doesn't seem like he should be that special, so I have to assume he turns into something impressive down the road? The same goes for Friend summons.. Shouldn't they just be training fodder? Or should I save them and stack them up?

You can use Grails to raise the rarity of a Servant, to some degree, but unlike other games of this sort rarity doesn't tell much of the story at all. Robin Hood is good because of the design of his skills and NP. Even at just level 70, his natural cap, he will still bring a lot to the table and to the team, simply because of how he's designed.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Drakes posted:

It is a strange feeling after almost 2 years of granblue :effort:.

Once events start rolling around they'll give you apples at a pretty nice clip.

Though Granblue now gives you so many AP refills that you can basically play it like a console game.

a kitten posted:

That sounds p cool actually, and the version of Arthurian lore present in this game/series will probably make you laugh heartily.

Real talk though, the Camelot actually "Jerusalem", kind of, but we'll get there chapter does some neat things with Arthurian lore. It puts some spins on certain characters that I don't see explored much, but they make sense, especially in context and it really helps Fate's take on the myth feel like it's own thing.

Stagger_Lee posted:

Seems like an insult to hot motorcycle gang girls the world over.

Believe me when I say: it ain't. F/GO Mordred is fuckin' great.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 29, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

NRVNQSR posted:

Agreed, that does look a lot better.

They were added in the first New Years' event in Japan, I think? The Chinese version seems to have been following roughly the same event schedule so we can probably assume it'll be the same for us.

Yes indeed, they were New Year's 2016 Servants. They were prepared ahead of their appearance in the America chapter.

Of course, since Fuggo EN is using the EoR client, they could be activated at any point Aniplex likes. But the schedule calls for an appearance about five months or so from now.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Bakanogami posted:

I'm also watching the livestream in the background and uh am I seeing this right that we're getting another all new summer event starting like tomorrow? With Nobunaga with a chainsaw guitar?

EDIT: I was seeing it right. Also swimsuit Nitocris and Saber Alter.

https://twitter.com/mince42291/status/891186139872108545

https://twitter.com/appmediafgo/status/891186693801431042

Not tomorrow, since it's slated to begin "in August". It does seem like we'll be getting it with a relative quickness, though; they tease Servants like this no more than a month out, especially if their NPs are complete, since that means they're basically done and ready to be put into the game.

Meanwhile, man, which CE to spend my ticket on. There's so many good ones, but Nero was so critical to actually beating the final singularity while the raid was still on...

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Also,

tokomon posted:

Had a lovely day today.
Fell and face planted on my way to work this morning, twisting my ankle, bruising my shoulder, and busting up a knee. To add insult to injury the sole from one shoe tore part way loose (trying some adhesive to repair) and my good work slacks tore.
SO NATURALLY LET'S TRY OUR LUCK WITH THE GACHA.

And I get a kaleidoscope, Nero, and Waver.
Bless.

For real: :( I hope your ankle is okay. I've been there as far as taking a bad tumble and destroying your ankle in public and it sucks. I was basically an invalid for a month afterward.

Glad you got a lot of good out of the gacha, though. :3: Nero is a trooper who will literally be able to help carry a team all the way to the end of the final first arc singularity and beyond, especially if you stuff a pair of grails into her. Source: my own baller-rear end Emperor of Roses.

Lt. Lizard posted:

W-wait that's Mozart? :stare:

Mozart continuing the tradition of old bronzies getting better art in CEs than they get in their actual cards. Wait till you see the JDASL Christmas event CE with St. George on it.

edit:

Randomzx posted:

Prett drat sure Heart of the Foreign god drops from the the Friday monster hunting daily. It drops from the Daemon third wave. It have 50% chance to be a Daemon or Giant Dragon (drops reverse scale)

That's the thing though, outside of a specific day or events, it can't be farmed at all until Shinjuku drops with Epic of Remnant. And you will be shocked at just how many assholes require how many goddamn demon hearts.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jul 29, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

next thing you're gonna tell me Alfosto isn't real.

The hilarious part is, the "trial quest" (basically a little, dedicated side story to go along with a new 5*'s release outside of a major story update that lets you try them out in a fight) for Holmes addresses this idea directly. Previous Fate works have also obliquely addressed the idea.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

NRVNQSR posted:

I think the answer is that these materials will become common, but new servants will need new materials which are rare again.

It overall gets better (and later events provide more resources), but for a while certain things will be damnably rare. Prepare to hate dragon scales, dragon teeth and demon hearts.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Freak Futanari posted:

Dragon teeth will become the bane of your existence

just end me now. :negative:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

a kitten posted:

I was looking ahead to who I might ascend again next and practically fuckin everybody aside from the drat Cat seemed to need some.

Try taking a look at their skills.

(:negative:)

and yes, it gets worse

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Kyte posted:

I am seriously hoping tonight's secret announcement is those three.

Btw the secret announcement should be in a bit over 10.5 hours from this post.

Jeez, is it really going to be in the JP afternoon? I was hoping it'd be earlier in the evening for US folk. :(

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if they'll ever implement a universal level cap raise for more difficult content.

There is no small amount of suspicion that Part 2 proper, starting next year, will introduce fifth ascensions and above in some fashion.

Also, it amuses me that, when we finally see Nero with her trademark bun down, she basically turns into Blonde Estelle Bright. Amuses me for, y'know, Some Reason™.

... For real tho, I'm not the only one who sees it, right

I'm a little bummed that it seems Summer Jalter does seem to be just an art thing, but what we're getting looks like a ton of fun. Looking forward to next week and a likely free Ishtarin.

... For double real, tho, where the hell is Casual Shirt Chulainn

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Trihugger posted:

I think Summer Ishtar is speculated to be a Caster. If she is, she'll probably be an offense based Caster. Since I'm already saving all my grails on JP for Ishtar, I wonder if I should grail welfare Ishtar. My money is on her being a better Offensive Caster than Illya.

She's very likely to be the free Servant of the event (since a large part of the point of the free Servants, especially during major seasonals, is to let people get a version of a popular character who is otherwise difficult to obtain), so she'd be a good target for grailing if you want to follow the golden rule of grailing like Bholder outlined. And since there's no lore reason for Ishtar to have an NP that trashes her damage for three turns, and DW has hopefully learned their lesson about random-chance skills, yeah, she would hopefully make a pretty good offensive Caster.

(If the racing theme means she ends up being the longed-for Quick Support Caster, though, I will laugh. Then keep laughing all the way to the bank beside my Jack.)

Bakanogami posted:

I'm curious if any of these will wind up just being alternate outfits using the new costume system instead of actual new servants.

Almost certainly not, for better or worse; they use Summer as an excuse to give characters who otherwise might never get alternate versions a chance to show off in a different class or look, and occasionally to make them easier to obtain (e.g., Summer Scath for people who couldn't roll her during rate-up, Summer Nobu here for people who somehow missed both Honnouji runs, etc). Everyone we saw is likely to be an obtainable Servant.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Endorph posted:

I'd say Saber Lancelot is better too. Dude's crits are insane.

Saberlot outperforms most 5* sabers even without a ton of stargen. Saber Lancelot is goddamn silly.

He's also a good 9+ months out for NA, though.

Nate RFB posted:

I would imagine that at some point they need to get the dates to line up so that they can just proceed at the same rate that JP did.

We are going to have a cumulative month of downtime if they do that, and as much as constant events from other games can get annoying, being that slow would harm the game.

(Plus I was hoping they'd be a bit more aggressive about trying to catch up to JP, but...)

Also, yes, the Jeanne gacha is very much bait, there aren't even good 4*s getting a rate up. Save your pfennigs for Gudaguda or Scath. (Or, if you're really hardcore, save at least some, month by month, for Jalter next year.)

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 7, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm not sure that's particularly an issue; do the target market really care? Even the Japanese version had its Christmas events in November last year.

Granted, those were somewhat unusual circumstances and even Nasu noted it on his blog. They wanted to get the end of the first arc out before the new year and to not overburden people with the massive Babylon chapter and the JDASL event at the same time, so JDASL got bumped forward. And then they wanted Salomon Temple to land on the last week of the year, and got even better than bargained for with the world getting saved literally on Christmas Day.

Unless there are story shenanigans this year, I would expect Christmas 2017 to land much closer to the actual date.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

PureRok posted:

When will we get Astolfo in EN version?

As noted, he was released in March 2016 but it was to commemorate a holiday that doesn't really exist outside of Japan (White Day). As he isn't tied to any story chapter until freakin' Agartha, they could release him pretty much whenever.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Twib posted:

So is Da Vinci, Boudica, and literally every antagonist in Rome. Stheno just decides out of nowhere that'd she'd class change into Rider if Nero had been male, for example.

To be honest, Septem completely overhypes Nero and I can understand why someone whose first exposure to her is Septem would dislike her. Even the writer of Septem later admitted that it's the weakest chapter of F/GO and that it fellates Nero way too much. She's a lot more interesting in Extra, Extella and CCC, though the latter isn't available in English.

For my part, as someone who's played Extra and CCC I'm hype as gently caress for Nero Caster, since among other things there's been foreshadowing for ages that Caster is actually one of Nero's strongest classes, and she likes to kludge herself into Saber because she's a vain dork.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Bholder posted:

Apparently the caster form means she has super robot powers.

A lot of the Summer 2017 servants have super robot in-jokes as part of their animations and/or kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

Someone tell me if it was true that at launch the devs didn't realize they needed to actually give Sumanai his 3rd Skill by default because otherwise he would be completely worthless in his supposed niche.

No, he always had Dragon Slayer, it was just that it originally only boosted damage against dragons. He had no general attack steroid of any sort in his kit, and very rarely are dragons Lancers.

Launch F/GO was a real mess.