Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
So will Tamamo no mae be available in the gacha then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

They haven't announced a gatcha for the Extella event so probably not.

Boo. Game is getting kinda boring. Need more things to do.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

The aforementioned Moon Goddess event has a ton of them, it appears: http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20150925.php#nav

After having so little luck on the currently available free quests and dailies, I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that a far better use of everyone's AP would be to just wait for these events. If you want something to do now finish up any free quests, interludes, and/or grind mana prisms.

I'm just going for exp embers so I can get to ascending and grailing Vlad. Might be a while though since I won't have enough monuments.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I mean the 40AP that shows up in the finals. It's a string of like seven level 50 servants with a 60 Nero at the end.

I'm hoping my level 80 Vlad and a friend's level 80 Waver will let me power through it.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

What should I be running for max gold medals?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

I still haven't gotten one. :smith:

Though that's probably because I haven't really been grinding as much as I could be.

I've been grinding nonstop and none have dropped.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Got everything except exp. used two apples to max out the craft essence. Not too shabby.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Compendium posted:

A lot of the events tend to be Carnival Phantasm level silly in terms of story meaning very few are "serious" so to speak. And even in the serious events, there's silliness one way or another.

That's fine but there is story right? I don't care if the story is Mata Hari decides to buy Mozart a hearing aid. I just want some reason to murder zombie dragon King Louie besides we're doing a tournament so whatevs.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

I'm gonna be the only person in NA to have a grailed Dracula aren't I? Once I get my 5 golden berserker statues that is.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

8 critical stars per turn? I guess the strategy is not immediately obvious to me, unless you have you gather stars skills like Lancelot's. I feel like you need to get 15+ stars before stars become immediately useful due to the way stars are often distributed.

So run 3 at the same time?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I legitimately don't know how this would be possible.

Apples and quartz to refill ap.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Is Okita played straight or like the goofy Carnival Phantasm like character she is in YouTube clips?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Tarezax posted:

The latter. She's super serious in battle and reverts to goof as soon as the battle ends.

Man. That makes that gacha far more tempting. Hmm.

Edit: Also we better be given something for that ap fiasco. People have lost apples over this. Not me but it could have happened that way.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

I really think quality of life improvements need to be their highest priority. We really need some communication about future plans and all of the Japanese gameplay improvements to help keep interest up until the next few events are out. We don't know when the next banner event is. That's goofy. Their social media team should be on top of that.

We don't have the added quartz for completing levels or the specific class dungeons or an estimated time for when Okeanos is coming. Also I think story levels are half their original ap in Japan now or something? Those can be implemented now. Events are obviously important but I acknowledge that they have to be spread out for gameplay purposes. It just doesn't feel like they're putting much care into keeping this game interesting.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

gently caress you gem master missions. Stop happening during event weeks. Stop it.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

A fully grailed Vlad makes sense if I pull Tamamo right? Like the stat gain isn't optimal but Vlad is the primary damage dealer there right? I don't think Tamamo or Waver need the stats since they're just support. And I don't have a Waver but one of my friends is probably gonna grail him because he's Waver.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

too many seeds of yggs

Man I've only gotten 3 and I need a ton for future ascensions.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Why not just wait until Saturday/Sunday when the event is over? That's what I was planning on doing.

Because this event is boring now and I need something to break up 5 ap farming.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Sciencegar posted:

So I lucked into 2 drops of Moonlight Bath, as well as the bought one from the store. However I don't know if I have time left to grind out enough dangos for the last two. I'm currently on about 800 after converting rares, if I went full hog on 5ap for the last day and a half with a +14 to drops, maybe burn a few of my remaining apples, would I be able to make up time?

And it is worth limit breaking this one if I did get 5 copies? It seems a nice effect, but at this stage of the game, maybe its better to have multiple copies of a nice effect than one copy of a stronger one. Plus if this does get rerun in a year, it might be cool to keep a leg up. Its not like I'm likely to have trouble storing CEs anytime soon, as even this early 3* CEs are only worth keeping 1 copy of at most.

It really doesn't seem that strong a craft essence.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Any questions that should be asked at the Crunchyroll Expo?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

Yeah, I'm definitely going to treat that as bullshit until I can find anyone with a better source than "here's a screenshot of some text I found".

Kintoki/Martha/Salter is real enough, though! Aaand I think I'll pass.

I was at that panel and I just remember that they wanted the Kona Ace comic to be released before the event. Very little about CCC (I don't remember anything about CCC outside of them having licensing issues they needed to work out). They were prioritizing the same sort of experience that JP had though. Whoever wrote that text seems to be assuming a lot of things. Also the panel guy was just kind of an awkward dork who couldn't really answer many questions directly. He spent more time joking about rivers of salt and Gilgamesh than anything else. I frankly would take the panel with a grain of salt let alone a screenshot of text guessing about future events.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Free quests half off. What has decent drop rates and is worth farming? Fangs? Bones? Talons?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

i would unironically like an illiad themed group of servants like odysseus, achilles, patroclus, ajax, hector, etc...

especially odysseus though, dude's a total champ

We have so many archers though...

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

he could be his own class

boater

It would only take him 20 years to get off an attack.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I actually prefer a Support Waver for Gaul, so that I can do Lancelot w/ Kaleidoscope and use Waver to instantly get him to 100% and use his NP on the final round. Since even with a Kaleidoscope, it's about a 50/50 chance Lancelot makes it to the final round with NP at 100%. God his NP gain is so bad!!

NP gain is what makes Vlad best berserker. Don't think about it. Best berserker.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

I keep getting connection errors. Support was uh...not too helpful.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Got my NA account working. :toot:

Make sure you email support. That happened to me too and I want them to know it's a large enough issue to warrant a fix. And quartz. And some materials. And a 4 star ticket.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Who are the best grail candidates for pure gameplay reasons? Is Cu like Hans and worth raising to 80? I know the game is easy enough otherwise but I'm just curious from a pure gameplay perspective.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

So is there a strategy for Halloween event? Any levels worth grinding for materials?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Shame I'm going to have to give up on a half day of ember farming but that's not exactly a real issue.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

After counting it up, I literally have 11 copies of Halloween Arrangement from this morning's rolls :mad:

gently caress Halloween Arrangement. It's poo poo. poo poo! None of those are Little Halloween Devil.

Also I picked up Tamamo, Altria, Cat, Liz, D'eon, and Stheno. Can't complain about servants I guess.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Hey how many 4 star tickets have been given out in JP? And are there any characters that more consistently get used for events? I know Emiya but is there anyone else?

I kinda want to use future ones for story locked servants like Nero or Medea Lily.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

That’s disappointing. Since we got one at launch I just assumed we’d get one every year or so.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Wait does the event end today or tomorrow? Shouldn’t it be counting down by hours yet?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

What craft essence is preferable on a support Vlad? Black Grail? Formal Craft? Any of the Halloween CEs? None are limit broken.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Vlad with Black Grail, Tamamo, and the original mystic code up is really fun. Stacking attack bonuses puts me in 6 figure damage territory and I can manage the hp loss with healing. It’s great.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

If I don’t care about the craft essence would two of them up to 340% be enough for all the points I need?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

How are you adding up to 340% with two CEs?

Anyway, the answer probably depends on whether your bonus servants are high enough level to run the hardest 40AP quests. The more ringers you have to bring in the more CEs you'll need to make up the difference.

350. Added wrong. Also thanks! Right now it’s hard but manageable but I’m getting a little concerned. I guess if it gets really bad I’ll remove Benkei and roll in with Vlad. That’s still 330. Outside of the Lancer levels they should be fine.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Gologle posted:

Good news: I will probably be able to clear the Hiragumo shop of its goodies. Bad news: I doubt that I will have enough time, unless I want to guzzle apples, to do much of the Chawan items. Thankfully, the only one of those I really need is Octuplet Crystals, because I'm set on Forbidden Pages and Void Dust.

So...guzzle the apples? There’s no point hoarding too many of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

No Moedred or Jack in the paid gacha kinda sucks.

Does it matter? Won’t we get another paid gacha during the new year?