Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I need some frands. I don't have a lot to give back (a level 80 altria and jeanne) but i will use your high level stuff and give you lots of frand points...

I sent a request as well, from Edwara. My only real notable servant is a level 100 Cu Alter, but I have a few others that might be handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

YggdrasilTM posted:

I know i'm stating the obvious, but Saber Lancelot is insane.

I managed to get him at NP2 on his banner. I've been waiting for a good chance to use him because he just looks so fun to use.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Speaking of Loserlot, which of his skills is best to max out first? I've managed to farm up a modest bit of medals.

As far as I've heard, the best order is Knight of Owner, then Knight of the Lake, then Eternal Arms Mastery since it works well enough at rank 1 on him.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Bakanogami posted:

Where’d you hear that? I was under the impression that mages who reached the root simply disappeared with no explanation, and that True Magic had nothing to do with it.

Touching the root after you've reached it makes you disappear. Reaching it but not touching it gives you true magic.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Pureauthor posted:

The Magical Boy of Bikes and GOLDEN has been doing a lot of work for me.

Similarly, the best magical girl Cu Chulainn Alter has been putting in a ton of work for me as well...

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
Clearly it's got to be Kojiro (grailed to 100)/Skadi/Skadi.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
i threw a summoning ticket at the story banner and got lalter a couple days ago, so you can get cool stuff it's just rarer.

Honestly there's no problem with rolling on the story banner, as long as you're aware of what you're getting into and how to set your expectations. I feel like 'Don't roll on the story banner' is a warning to newcomers who might not be aware of what they're getting into yet.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Stairmaster posted:

Who are some good servants that go well with Tamamo? I'm currently playing around with Medea and EMIYA

Vlad goes particularly well with her, for a specific recommendation beyond just 'Anyone with an arts CE'.

He really wants to fire off his NP as much as possible, and Tamamo has a few ways to help with that (reducing the cooldown on Vampirism, and her NP just directly charges his, also arts effectiveness means increased NP generation). She also provides healing, to help offset Berserker squishiness.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Ezelek posted:

So if you feed a servant that is full of XP to another servant, it's just as if they've been fed the whole lot of cards? Or is there some conversion loss?

There's some loss, but you get to keep a good portion of it. I forget the exact percentage.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Darox posted:

A quick test says that a level 1 off-type 5* servant is worth 15,000 xp, a level 80 FA off-type 5* servant (aka a 8,532,000 xp investment) is worth 15,790 xp.

Servants don't get carried XP like craft essences do and the conversion rate is beyond awful, don't do it.

Guess I was wrong then!

Thank you for correcting me.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

BGrifter posted:

Since we're stuck in maintenance for a bit, why does everyone hate Waver so much? I tried looking at the reddit (huge mistake) and it's wall to wall screeds about how Waver is the worst and using him makes you a terrible monster on par with Pol Pot.

He seems pretty cool to me. He flicks cigarette butts at enemies making them explode. He says what sounds like "What up" when attacking. Oh and his buffs/NP boosting are nice too.

I'm not sure where you read that at... he's generally considered one of the best supports in the game, and certainly the most generalist one.

I mean, there's the recurring joke that he's overworked which exists because he's so generally useful. I don't really recall anyone disliking him though?

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
Is it OK to post about finally getting a bond 10 servant here?

Only 6/10/6 but that's because I have no snek jewels or void dust. He is grailed out to 100 and has as many fous as I can give him for now though.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I've only twice intentionally rolled for specific servants, every other one I have has just been randomly rolling with no intention or desire.

The two are Saberlot (who I have at NP2) and now Merlin.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
Last roll for the banner, last 30 SQ;

I've been so absurdly lucky with SSRs since I've started. I have 10 now and I started about 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, Merlin just ate all my gears and hearts last month so I won't be able to level her up for a while but once I can.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Nodosaur posted:

I already have a bunch of powerful spirits from friends, but thanks. I'm trying to keep my friends list curated, if you guys understand.

so is this the end for Musashi's availability? I really fell in love with her character in the event story and I'm gonna be sad to lose a chance at her.

She should have another banner in... 8 or 9 months? Alongside Tomoe Gozen, iirc.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
39 turns... but I'm a cheesy wimp who used dual merlin (and cu alter).

But the last summoning ticket from it got me Dantes, so clearly Merlin favors me and approves of my use of two of him.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

vulturesrow posted:

I'm also a Carmilla having noob and not even as far along as you. Sent you a request, Vrow in game.

Anyone else with room for a noob, please send me a request: 693,654,726

I also sent you a request, under Edwhirl.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Pyroi posted:

Okay, so I just started up, I have Medea, Cu, and Carmilla, and have yet to finish Orleans. If anyone wants a third noob, here's my code: 866,492,799.

I sent you a request, as Edwhirl. Please enjoy any of the servants I have.

If anyone else wants to, I have a good 7 friend slots still open;

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Pureauthor posted:

One of FGO's biggest failings as a game is definitely locking new players out of so many of the welfares once the Event is rerun.

Agreed. I wish they'd let you buy them from the RP shop or something. Or, honestly, just let you pay something to unlock the event permanently.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Shinjobi posted:

Is Mash cute? The answer may surprise you.

The answer better not surprise you.:argh:

But what if I'm surprised at how cute she is?

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
First SSR was Cu Alter. Second was zerker Vlad, and third was Nightingale.

The latter two I don't use as much, even though I probably should.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Crasical posted:

Same here, I have no Evil Sabers or Archers at all and only Liz (and on second glance, Li Shuwen) for lancers.

Personally I'm just a coward and don't care.

That said I'm in the same boat. No evil sabers, and only Liz for an evil lancer and she's not even leveled up.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Ytlaya posted:

Since I'm actually using some 3* servants on my NA account, I find that Euryale is quite good! Lots of enemies are male, and she can use her NP frequently with an arts team (and I have Tamamo, so I can create a good team for arts and recharging her skills). She's also my first fully-ascended servant on this account; even though I grinded all the mats from the last two events, I had bad luck with my 5*s needing ascension mats from neither event (Dante, Tamamo, and Ozymandias in this case).

3* and some 2* and even 1* servants are overlooked. Without going into much detail, Ushiwakamaru, Cu Chulainn, Billy the Kid, George and Hans are all super good in their niches and worth levelling. There are lots of others, other than just this group. It's worth reading up on them.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Furnaceface posted:

251 466 293

I dont think Im going to beeline through the story stuff too quickly. It starts off pretty serious but just playing the first 2 event things tells me theres lots of goofy humor hidden in this and I dont want to miss it. :v:

I added you as Edwhirl.

As they said, a maxed out Cuzilla is great and that's honestly probably my best servant. I even grailled him out to 100.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I grailed Cu Alter to 100 because he was my first SSR.

He's also good mechanically but I grailed him for being the first SSR I got.

I also grailed FSN Cu to 80, Saberlot to 90, and am currently grailing LAlter up to 100.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I freed up several friend slots by removing some inactive people. 9 in total.

please be my friend

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Gologle posted:

...Holmes, do you know literally everything but don't tell anybody any of it?

You can't be insufferably smug about having figured it out if you just tell everyone what it is.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Endorph posted:

saber sounds better, blademaster would have been really clunky to use as the main heroine's name. thats its purpose. its a name first. it also has the 'dual' meaning with 'saver,' due to the japanese v/b thing. saber's the best possible name.

Saber is also actually just a legit real name, so also it works there.

Imagine how awkward it would be to go around calling someone 'Blademaster!' all the time.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

MonsieurChoc posted:

1* Caster Rincewind.

All 3 of his skills are just Protection from Arrows.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I only managed 22, but that's enough for me for now. Even if I didn't manage to hit my goal of getting my Ozy to 10/10/10. I've got the mats now, just not the QP and at half AP for door quests soon I think I can manage that easily enough.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
Grails:
Cu Alter to 100
Cu to 80
LAlter and Saberlot to 90.

That is all for now. I'm trying to pick a new grail target, though it will most likely just be getting someone to 90, instead of an SSR to 100.

I like all my servants except gilles so I like to share the wealth around.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
By the end of this, the only person on the list should be Fran.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
This is like the French revolution.

Who's next for the guillotine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
My starter was also Marie.

To date I think I've used her twice.