Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So, been poking at this in hopes of finding a grindy phone game that doesn't require too much cash shop crap, and it seems okay. But after two days of idle poking about I've finally got to france, and I'm realizing that if I'm gonna reroll it should probably be now. Question is, should I bother? Got the free rolls plus another 30-quartz summon since I'm impatient, and have no five-star cards. And the notable stuff I wound up with is...

Carmilla, Elizabeth, Robin Hood, Caesar, some other assorted *-*** star sorts.
The Imaginary Element, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra, Iron-willed training, Primeval Curse

So how good or horrible is this? :v: If it's better than mediocre then I'll just soldier on, but I admit I've mostly been relying on random support Hercules to carry my rear end too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

It's fine for the simple reason that just about anything is fine; there are enough strong units at lower rarities that you're free to use higher rarities to go for units that you like. Right now you've got two decent 4* servants and several good 4* CEs; you could easily roll half a dozen times without seeing a start that's objectively better than this one.

So basically if you like Liz and Carmilla keep them; if you don't find them interesting then reroll.
Useful advice! But since I can save it, I rerolled anyway. First try, Hercules and Emiya and Siegfreid I guess plus Imaginary Around for a mediocre five-star CE. Of course now I have to decide between those two starts... :downs:

Admittedly I tried three more rerolls after and they were all god-awful, yes.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pierson posted:

Whales on that level have basically got to be bored 1%-ers right?
Or literal gambling addicts. :smith:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Whelp. Got Heaven's Feel and Atlante. And since I ain't buying gacha rolls, that'll have to do. :v:

Oh, and a second Emiya as well, so at least the archer I do have is even better.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 6, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So! Help me out here because I'm an indecisive moron. Was content with the rerolled save I was messing with for the past few days, but on a whim I tried the original and finally got a 5* servant, even if it was Jeanne rather than Gilgamesh. :downs: Which presents a problem since I'm horribly indecisive and can't choose which one to go forward with... fortunately I did a good 15+ rerolls already and I'm sure not doing any more, so I'll be satisfied with the consensus here. Question is, which seems better? Listing the notable stuff, there's the first account...

Hercules, Emiya, Carmilla, Siegfried, Atalante
Caesar, Cu (Prototype), Medea, Robin Hood, Ushiwakamaru
Imaginary Around, Heaven's Feel, Divine Banquet x2, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Gandr, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra

And the second. Which notably, I haven't picked the free 4* servant yet.

Jeanne, Elizabeth, Carmilla, Lancelot, (???)
Caesar, Cu (Lancer), Cu (Prototype), Kiyohime, Medea, Robin Hood, Ushiwakamaru
The Imaginary Element, Iron-Willed Training, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Divine Banquet, Be Elegant x2, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra

Objectively speaking neither of these are super good with multiple 5* or whatever like folks willing to do a hundred rerolls get, but they both seem solid. Just, which is a better base? My instinct seems the second, but if so, which servant to go with it too?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Psiwri posted:

Go with the second and pick herc or emiya for the 4*, imo.
Yeah this was my thought. Herc's done real well on the first save, but Lancelot kinda does the same job if not quite as effectively and I don't have a good 4* archer yet. Hmm.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

In a similar dumb question, is there any actual use for excess * and ** servants? Already wound up with a few with 5/5 NPs, and they don't sell worth crap. I guess just use them as a near-useless XP item for other servants?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hooray :toot:

And I don't really mind, just wasn't sure if there was some secret optimum strategy to using the things.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

herc and emiya are the big winners
Still trying to decide between these two. :negative: Have Lancelot and Robin Hood as the best in their classes right now.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Herc is real, and strong, and he is my friend.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, if you wind up with enough summon tickets can you do a 10-pull with them, or should you just spend them as soon as you get them during rate up events?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh well!

And oh hey, Emiya. :toot:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Had enough free quartz for a 10-pull, got Altera and Nero. Guess I don't need to worry about the event summons now. :toot:

Also what's the best mission to farm medals from? My instinct's the 20 AP/third one, but that may just be my team's levels...

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

so Nero can literally endlessly spam Imperial Privledge, getting the buff 6+ times and keep healing
Yeah, jesus. I actually managed to hold on pretty well by having Jeanne's NP save me from getting exploded by Gilgamesh, but once Nero hit the fray she buffed herself four or five times quickly and basically became an absurd tank. Wound up losing to attrition and her NP before having to blow the command seal res.

Mission's sure lucrative if you can farm it (looks like 12-15+ gold medals a pop), but I think once is enough for me.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Was enough downtime to finally finish off Septem. :toot: And hopefully there's a little bit more before the next event so I can grind ember quest to level up the servants I was finally able to ascend.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sophism posted:

I seriously don't understand why they didn't just include the improved dailies from the get go. At least that would remove the unnecessary extra layer of RNG and daily rotations when farming.
To be honest, it's probably for the same reason the dailies were like this when it launched in Japan - there just really isn't that much content in game right now. Having heavy amounts of RNG elements keeps people grinding, and once there's enough story content to go around and more heroes to sink time into they won't need such blatant AP sinks anymore.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Two ten-rolls. First is jack poo poo. Second is like three(?!) moony jewels and... Artoria Altria? Sure whatever, I'll take it.

And the event is far more entertaining than Nero's. Having a hilariously dumb story to go along with it helps a lot, and the event CEs make the grinding relatively painless.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

His alignment is Neutral Evil. :v:

quote:

Conquistador: EX

In the Spanish language, it means "Conqueror".
A skill of those that have conquered the uncharted lands at the end of their voyages during the Age of Discovery.
It represents the act of invading, dominating, pillaging, and enslavement of the undiscovered land.
To be precise, those that conquered the voyage of the "American Continent" are suited to being called Conquistadors but, that origin―――
as the first progenitor of the concept of "Conquerors from Spain", Columbus attained EX Rank for this skill.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hans too.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the first 1/2 AP event they ran was a huge boost if you could take advantage of it. You wound up with level ups coming faster than you could spend AP so if you were nuts and ground hard it was easy to get to level 70+ and cap your main servants in just a few days.

I suspect this is why ember gathering isn't included in the current event. :v:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah, next week's just the monster hunting/servant farming missions. Which admittedly is still pretty drat convenient.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

I also need Okeanos because I need my goddamn Forbidden Pages!
:same:

MonsieurChoc posted:

I need Okeanos so I can fail to get Drake and then keep grailing Asterios.
:same:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Blew my remaining quartz and summon tickets, see a 5* animation pop up... ...! ... and it's Jeanne. :psyduck: Who I already had.

Every last 5* I've won has been one that wasn't in the featured rate up. What's it supposed to be, a 70% chance of getting the rate up? I'm kind of impressed at my luck, in both directions.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Well, may as spend my summon tickets. Oh hey there Drake. Please find a better fitting shirt. :downs:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Three 10-pulls, only the 5* event CE. :shepicide: Which will at least be useful on Drake, but dammit I really need a support caster besides Hans...

Just in case anyone was thinking everyone who chimes in has super luck here or something.

Sophism posted:

I finished my pulls and went to glance at my friends list, and one of them already had Tamamo too... at NP5 that is. :stare:
Yeah there's some megawhales around. Someone in my friend list has NP5 Gilgamesh with limit broken Kaleidoscope... :raise:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Keep in mind that the item in question has to drop for you to get the bonus, you don't just get them free by having the CE equipped. And similarly I think most of the missions only drop one of the items, so something that boosts candles won't get you extra bats or whatever, so be sure to swap the right CEs in and out as necessary.

Also I think some of the intro story missions just don't drop any, or at least have a guaranteed chance.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Dear Vlad: the beatings will continue until you drop your goddamn CE. :colbert:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Don't feed Servants to each other.
Eh, it's not like there's anything to do with excess 1/2*s. You don't get mana prisms for selling them and an absolute pittance of QP so they're really only useful as XP fodder.

Obviously though only do this once the servant in question is NP5 though, may as well keep a good copy around. As noted there's a lot of useful low-star servants. And at this point in the game there's no reason not to keep one of everyone you have access to, if you absolutely need space just shove the completely useless servant into the freezer second inventory.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Absurdly low yes.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pretty much yeah.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Do the most recent/difficult one you can manage. The difference isn't too drastic so far, but there's slightly more points and drops and it will only increase as more difficult ones get added.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Probably not.

Also gently caress you. :argh:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

It's like number 5 on the list of threats capable of wiping out humanity
Now I kind of want to see the whole list. I think I know maybe one other besides ORT, but I'm not exactly deep down the Nasu rabbit hole. :downs:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Killed By Death posted:

but would my AP be better spent now just farming all of these 1/2 cost dailies?
Short answer: yes. It'll give you embers or materials for stronger servants, and the high XP from the 40 (well, 20 right now) AP dailies, once you can farm them, will likely lead to level ups for more AP for more farming...

The story missions will still be there after the event's done.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 24, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I have Scathach but neither Jack or Okita or other good quick servant. :downs: On the upside, her quick buff still helps her too, and she is quite useful for ruining Gilgamesh's day.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

All servants get a pretty massive innate instant death resistance, I forget how much (80%? 90%?) so you'll definitely want a bit more if you can. Note that's only servants, random monsters (even big ones like dragons and chimera or whatever) don't.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nyeehg posted:

Okay serious post for a sec. As much fun as I've had I'm done with this game. (...) on reflection I think this is in serious danger of turning into a gambling problem.
Just so someone says it, this is a very wise decision. Games like these are carefully designed to prey on certain people, and if you're vulnerable to that sort of thing then it can be extremely hard to step away. Take pride in your self-control and don't have second thoughts.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That's probably the best single* roll I've had or will ever have. :v: (*the two prior 10-rolls had nothing)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

who wouldn't use a lvl. 90 Asterios
Asterios is kind of has a weird party niche, but he is absurdly useful in that niche and being level 90 just makes it even easier to abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the only real hard part of it is somehow feeding him NP gauge since despite his absurdly good support NP he's a your standard three-buster berzerker. You also need to somehow keep him alive long enough to get the NP chaining going which is the big thing grailing him helps with.