Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Getting kind of bored of FFRK lately. Thinking of trying this and read the OP and skimmed the last couple pages. Whats this Nerofest thing? Is it a thing with a bunch of goodies, or just some kinda special event where people (presumably with well established teams) can try to get Nero via an event? Or is it just better odds of getting her on the gatcha pull?

Basically does the event matter at all for a newbie, and is there a decent newbie guide? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I just finished Fuyuki last night. I didn't find it too much of a slog unless you just mean sheer number of fights rather than difficulty.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I saw someone say something about a rate up for Saber Alter, is that a current or upcoming thing? Still have all the quartz since starting earlier this week, was thinking of making a pull and Alter is cool.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pureauthor posted:

If only there was a 3* Servant with incredible NP gain and an NP that can be used to nullify buffs.

If only everyone had her! Though I guess there is support. Still for people lacking lots of high quality (S)SRs, that means giving up something else good.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Lt. Lizard posted:

OH MY GOD I did not realize this. In this case losing the heal, evade and attack buff is pretty much fair trade.

Different Mystic Codes are available already? Where do I get em?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I see, I only started last week so I guess I missed it. Oh well, it'll be back eventually, I hope?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I thought Da Vinci is and was summoned as a man, but just decided to use his Caster powers to turn himself into his ideal vision of beauty, the Mona Lisa.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Kyte posted:

Dude dicked with his summoning so his Saint Graph (the body) would be shaped like the Mona Lisa.
Or he loved Mona Lisa so much the above happened. I don't recall which.

Either way dude loves it.

Maybe the Mona Lisa was the relic used for the summoning. Though I'm guessing FGO summoning works a bit differently than the traditional grail war.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I am awakening to the power of H.C.Anderson. The little man is proving very useful, now if only Orleans would drop another caster piece so I could give him his second ascension.

That said, what sacrifices to the gacha gods do I have to make to get FSN Cu to show up in a FP Pull. :argh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Because if you use Caster Cu you get Team Chulainn and Wickerman dual wields Gae Bolgs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I hope you're using Bronze Supports too. :colbert:

If you are, I got a decent HC Anderson (lvl45) and Sasaki Kojiro, Savior of France, (level40 with NP5) you can borrow. 340,733,980

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Find a well leveled Jeanne and she can drat near solo the 40APs Embers most of the time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Fate Whackey Races is always good, and lol @ Mos Espa Speedway.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm gonna grail FSN Cu... if I can ever roll him. :argh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I did a bunch of the four cavs daily and got 0 of what I wanted, which was Caster Monuments to ascend waver. Got probably 1-3 monuments each of the other three classes, but no casters. :salt:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

EzEight posted:

Anyone do a Yolo pull in NA and got a 5*?

I got Lu Bu

:same: Threw a ticket at it, got the a silver zerker, thought to myself "Well at least I can up Kiyo's Noble Pantasm".

Nope, Lu loving Bu. :salt:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Not the best place to ask, but since people are talking about it, is there a good non-annoying LP of Extra anywhere (preferably one that covers each character)? Despite Extella, I doubt they're ever putting Extra on PC/Steam so I'll never get to play it myself.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

How strong is the NP gauge gain Boost to quick cards from Gandr/Imaginary Around? I'm guessing hardly worth it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Where is the best place to get Saber pieces? I need like 6 more to ascend Saber Lily and Chevalier.

Tuesday and Saturday "Duel with Knights" event in chaldea gateway.

Here is a useful sheet showing where to get stuff and how hard they are to get. Be sure to switch to the North America tab.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That is pretty lame.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its fine to make big boss enemies mostly immune to instant kill, but random servant enemies in waves before the boss being nearly immune is dumb.

Whats the point of Instant Death effect if most of the things vulnerable to it will be nearly killed by the standard damage anyways?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hopefully that does not include servants. Some 1-3 stars servants can be extremely powerful/useful.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

We need those. Plus Aloha Cu.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

NRVNQSR posted:

Doesn't seem to have done Holmes or Frankenstein much harm.

edit: Batman was great in Puzzle+Dragon, I'd totally run with him in F/GO too.

Yeah but their legends are also much better known globally.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Could always just use the multiverse excuse, two different versions of the same woman from two different possibilities. Kinda like Emiya Archer or the two Cus.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I've probably thrown close to 300 AP at the 30AP event so far. 1 caster gem, no hearts. I really just want the second caster gem for this bullshit mission. :argh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sophism posted:

Not sure if anyone has posted this one before. But... um...

https://www.facebook.com/rexlent/posts/718061761726950

:stonk: I don't even want to know what kinda cash this whale burned to do this.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Basically from what I understand, the more specific details of your account you can remember the better, even stuff like servant levels and CE equipped.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah the animation updates we're missing are really cool. Robin Hood for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrea8ATSTYM&t=203s

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

H.C.Anderson makes a good support caster if you don't have Waver.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That demon was quite heartless to me. :smith:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Having only one 4* is noticeably different from the descriptions folks are talking about here

I joined just after the extra free gold servant giveaway ticket thing stopped and the few gatcha quartz rolls I've made produced nothing, leaving me with only my single tutorial gold, TamamoCat (Lily doesn't count). Despite that I've not felt too badly constrained by my lack of gold servants, other than perhaps a slight regret that my FP income is crap. Hell I did all of Orleans and Septum using the Story NPC Support characters instead of grabbing some level 80+ support gold. Bronze and Silver servants can do just fine. Right now I'm saving up quartz and most summoning tickets for the Halloween Event in an effort to shoot for Tamamo-no-Mae, so it'll be a while before I'm even likely to get another gold servant.

My servant collection. The first two rows all see use (except Lily). I only recently got Medea and now that the moon goddess event is over I'm working on XPing her up (as well as Mister George now that I've ascended him again).

My setup is usually Tamamo Cat + Hans + Support with Cu, Robin, and Mash sitting in the back line. Don't really have a solid team strategy figured out though, I know the loose idea of Arts teams and Crit teams, but I haven't put much thought in putting it together. I kinda see potential in using Medea or Robin as offense alongside Hans plus a support Waver or Mister George tanking or something, but they're both still NP1 right now (as is Cu, sadly) so not super amazing with NP damage. (Meanwhile Romulus has NP5 the jerk, give those silver lancer cars to Cu bastard!)

Right now I'm wondering whether to third ascend Tamamo Cat or Hans, I got enough Homonculous Babies to do one, but not both. We probably aren't getting more babies until the Halloween event. :(

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pureauthor posted:

It really is a pretty big advantage to know everything that's gonna come out 2 years in advance.

Yeah, and to have a good idea of their relative quality and desirability.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Marogareh posted:

I wish Gil could gently caress off for a second so I can get the last two lancer pieces to ascend Jeanne. He's shown up every single time since I started farming the daily.

I need 8 Lancer monuments for FSN Cu's final ascension. I bet it won't be until the Halloween event that I can ascend him. :suicide:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dr Pepper posted:

Concidering that there's nothing yet in the game that remotely requires Final Ascended Servants I don't see the issue.

The issue is that Cu is the best servant and thus deserves the best. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Apparently they showed off a trailer for Okeanos at that expo.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pureauthor posted:

Meanwhile Nero shows up in Septem, America, hosts her own recurring event, and also gets Summer 2017.

Nero is a Saberface though. They're special :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Looks like the trailer is this with English text. If anyone wants to see it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy5DxZunROI

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah all the bad servants get to stick around until NP5 then they get shoved in the second archve Special Party Room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Roll for your wives/husbands and you'll never worry about efficiency/power a day in your life.

Unless you don't get them because they're SR/SSR and desire sensor pinged.