Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Stairmaster posted:

how are they expected to win a holy grail war anyways

just make a huge doomfort?

Magic in the Nasuverse is all about screwing the rules until the universe starts calling you daddy. Casters -always- have a way to win any fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I just rolled an account with Herc, Stheno and Atilla. Not bad, yeah? I'm gonna try one more roll for Waver and then give it up if I don't get him. Being able to grab Babby Sabber from the present and EMIYA whenever they release that makes for a pretty complete team.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I'm kinda surprised they're making an Apocrypha show before animating Fate/Hollow. Hollow was pretty hit-or-miss, but it has some of my favorite scenes from across the entire series. There's an amazing 13-episode show there if they cut out the flab.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Is there a gameplay reason to hold out for a non-waifu/husbando character? It seems like with the way the support system works you could just friend someone with Waver/Jeanne if you really needed them for an event, no?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Argas posted:

What shows up in your support list isn't always the most consistent. Nothing stops you from updating or loving around until the right person shows up though.

I thought people on your friends list always show? I've been driving SpaceDrake's Vlad3 around Fuyuki like I just robbed a liquor store.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
As I understand it, they advertised two new characters as Rate-Ups. What they didn't tell anyone was that one character dropped at the usual Rate-Up rate while the other was about 80% less common.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nyaa posted:

It's also the law to list out the % rate.

Well, it is now. That scandal is what precipitated it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tired Moritz posted:

serious. Is Jeanne and Saber supposed to have the same face? T-this is a waifu game, isn't it?! Where's the cute boys?!

The fan theory is that they're all descendants of the goddess Venus. According to legend, Julius Caesar was descended from Venus via Aeneas, and he fathered children all across England and France. And Nero descended from another branch of that family. I guess Okita Souji having the Saberface and young Caesar being a fatass (what...?) kinda muddies that water though.

The real reason is that Saber is the main illustrator's waifu and he fuckin' L-O-V-E-S to draw her.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 27, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

J-Spot posted:

Downloaded this and played a little bit of the story. Seems fun enough but I feel like they could stand to add some more tutorials. Don't know what I'm doing enough to bother rerolling so I hope I have a halfway decent team to muddle through with. I pulled Cu Chulainn, the prototype version of Chu Chulainn, Darius III, Alexander, Julius Caesar, and Carmilla. Should I bother pulling again or just hoard for a decent banner? Want to try to stay F2P on this as I already sink enough money into another gacha game I play.

Also was there supposed to be a thing where you can select any 4* servant you want or has that not shown up yet? Still getting the hang of navigating the menus.

Either reroll or look through this thread for people giving away teams. It's definitely worth rerolling for a 5-star Servant and/or Hercules so you can :killdozer: everything.

They haven't implemented the free giveaway yet.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Reroll until you get Attila the Honey

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
What are gems, anyway? Getting a gem from a daily is the only Master Mission I haven't completed yet, I think.

Can you use Summon Tickets for 10-pulls, or are they only for 1-draws?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Some 3* are amazingly good (see post 2 for Endorph's tier list reviews). I don't believe stars can be raised ever but it's mostly about individual capacity in the beginning and changes to team synergy the more you progress. Characters also need to ascend (level cap boost) to unlock further skills which they may rely on to become far more efficient in support or damage.

The best example is how strong CuChu Lancer is for a 3* being stronger than many/most 4* and many 5* as well.

Ascension caps follow the star rating (90 for 5*, 80 for 4*, 70 for 3*) and then you can use holy grails to level them a bit more above natural cap.

What's the difference between Prototype Cu and F/SN Cu?

And can Jeanne carry my rear end through the 40 AP treasure daily or is it just the Ember one? She actually got crit to death my first time doing the embers and I had to burn all my Command Spells :negative:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Endorph posted:

put this in the op

Yes.

I hope the later singularities are a little more interesting, Orleans so far is just endless waves of zombies, frenchmen, zombie frenchmen and wyverns.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tae posted:

Does anyone on the friend list have a support able to carry 30 AP quests?

I've been relying on some random's lvl 60 Altera but she's kinda meh honestly.

Altera is so goddamn bizarre and schizophrenic. Gameplay, character, character design.

I love it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Did you watch the show? He has some fantastic fights.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

a kitten posted:

That sounds p cool actually, and the version of Arthurian lore present in this game/series will probably make you laugh heartily.

They made King Arthur a girl!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Chunchunmaru.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

I've been reading that F/GO webcomic from the cirno site, and I like the interpretation that the MC is a psychopath.

I like how half of it is making GBS threads on the devs.

That's an official tie-in manga, no?

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 30, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
There's a guy on my friends' list with a lvl. 60 Jeanne, lvl. 2 NP, equipped with a Kaleidoscope. He's also got a level 40 Herc and a 37 Saber Alter,

Hello, my new best friend.

It's like middle school all over again.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Orleans is driving me insane, and it's not the wyverns.

Marie Antoinette was Austrian, not French. It's half the reason she was hated!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Televisio Frankus posted:

Not only that, but in an amazing show of pettiness, he takes Kayneth's liquid mercury construct and turns it into his personal anime maid.

He also takes the time to write long hand-written reviews of every video game he plays to the developers.

Because no game can fill the Rider-shaped void in his heart :qq:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's definitely supposed to be "Leyshifting", right?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Apparently the shop items (Summon Tickets et al) will be refreshing every month, not yearly as the timer implies.

:siren: poo poo, that's tomorrow! :krakken: :siren:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tae posted:

So I guess start burning all my 3-4 exp cards for mana prisms?

3s yes, 4s no. 4s give the same # of prisms as 3s despite putting out vastly more XP.

Also consider mulching some of the shittier 3* CEs.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Find someone with an ascended Jeanne and spam them with friend requests. Jeanne makes it a breeze so long as you have enough damage output/don't get too unlucky.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Nero Alter!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Stairmaster posted:

I'm not sure how lincoln would get in before washington

They'll let anyone be a Heroic Spirit these days.

But for real, how do you become a Heroic Spirit without a legend/myth? I thought you had to do more than simply perform great deeds, you had to somehow exceed human limits.

So George Washington could skate by because he cut down a cherry tree once.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

e: I'll accept it if its just "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter".

Space Flower posted:

f/go needs to show more people just how exceptionally old, cranky, and horny ben franklin was for most of his accomplished life, imo

but as a little girl

I can definitely see that. Something to do with electricity presumably.

Or Benedict Arnold, whose' name is shorthand for "traitor" in English.

Davy Crockett. "Remember the Alamo".

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 1, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Stairmaster posted:

john f kennedy would definitely be gender swapped

Archer, Noble Phantasm "Magic Bullet"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

a kitten posted:

If these guys don't learn to start looking around or posting a watch while they converse i swear to god...

Give up now.

Orleans and Septum are full of useless fights, from a gameplay and story perspective. Three waves of 1500 HP skeletons/soldiers who do 300 damage a hit? I know they wrote those chapters before the guaranteed 4* tutorial Servant, but even a team of 3* won't have any trouble with those.

And they're not even a speedbump to Heracles :black101:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kyte posted:

You just need to be cool enough to merit enough people saying "man that guy was cool".

Hans Christian Anderson

e: Nursery Rhyme

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Never give up until you get a 5* Servant

and/or a waifu/husbando

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
So much for the goddamn Summon Tickets regenerating :argh:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Sophism posted:

Doesn't help that Orleans' story is nothing but: Jeanne feels bad about Jeanne Alter doing bad things. Gets interrupted by mooks. Marie teases and/or flirts with someone. Gets interrupted by mooks. Mozart looks like an alien in his portrait art. Gets interrupted by mooks. Siegfried is completely useless. Gets interrupted by mooks. Vive la France! Vive le mooks.

: "Master, your orders!"

Inverse posted:

windmill slam busters till the enemy is dead.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

song_of_my_people.wav

e: Put this in the OP ASAP

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 2, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gamerofthegame posted:

my main starter was stheno who's whatev I guess I mean she doesn't shine against all these skeletons I guess I just pressed the beserker on the friends list and snoozed through the prologue

then I realized I had enough for two ten pulls and got 5* saber lily and ruler jeane (also how to level)

did I luck out or are they garbo

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gamerofthegame posted:

if i was feeling vindictive i'd make a gif of using them to level up lu bu

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If I was rerolling now I would personally try for at least one 5*. Maybe even two, since right now is the single best time to reroll thanks to the extra free quartz they're handing out this week.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tae posted:

I really don't like that I have to spend like 300 AP to clear an entire story section just for a chance to summon Nero.

Still preferable to completing Orleans and having Caster!Gilles added to the Gacha. That's just a loving punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: