Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I must have missed that then, my mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sophism posted:

Moriarty doesn't have only two skills though.

You're right he has one

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cuntellectual posted:

"1% chance to get your waifu" is a pretty hard sell in the west.

Yet here I am still spending money on this loving game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

Do we have any idea when FGO blew up and became a pure money-printing machine? Because I'm wondering if there was a significant uptick in quality of events written after its indefinite business future was basically secured.

The KNK Event and America story chapters were written before FGO blew the gently caress up and they were both well received because of the fun character interactions and stories. FGO's writing didn't blow the gently caress up proper until Camelot, but it was around the start of 2016 that they were finally realizing what people were enjoying about the game while they were still doing damage control from 2015.

Funny enough, the release of Jalter right after the America chapter is when the game saw its biggest spike at the time.

Gologle posted:

It was probably the UBW anime.

The anime finished a month before FGO even went into service.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Taciturn Tactician posted:

If any of you got that Marie Wassap shirt, avoid wearing it with a jacket.

Okay so I'm definitely buying this shirt then

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
By playing JP because it's a CE in the next event

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

every servant is useful at something and you'll be incredibly owned if you try and disagree with this

Hmmm

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was trying to call Dryzen's bluff

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got the cosmic titty goddess after two 10 rolls and she destroyed the app as soon as I saw the gold orbs, so she's proving herself to be more powerful than the snake deity in the background of that one part of shimosa.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tier List of Most Powerful Things in FGO According to what's destroyed my phone

S: Gold orbs on Kama, Orochi Silhouette, Anything with heavy amounts of fire, let's just say Shimosa in general and leave it at that
A: Tornadoes in the desert, The Three Loading Screens per node in this labyrinth event
B: Literally playing the game at all

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like my phone has more against Zerkerlot and his jet at this point, tbh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I love Fate/Grand Order

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
congrats on your neato

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ChaCha is powerful and my friend

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ty to Darox and whoever extracted the sprites for this av

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dante could only qualify as caster or maybe ruler unless they mess with him as a character enough to be something else. Another Dante known for also travelling through hell, but instead battling demons with a sword and he quips.

What Dante that would be I'm not sure though... *cough*putdmcdanteintothegame*cough*.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Robin Hood is in the game already

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She does ride a horse in summer 2017, it could be a thing in the future

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would friend you if I could clawtopsy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We also don't have, THE BEAST.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chuuni Edmond Dantes is honestly one of my favorite portrayals of the character due to how out of wack it is but it still keeps it in line with the origin of the character being the ur-avenger in fiction

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Where the gently caress is Swimsuit Nightingale, Carmilla, and Penthesilea.

Come on DW, this is the year, it's time.

EDIT: Oh and Lalter, gimme swimsuit of her too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You are getting an Artoria every year for summer and there is nothing you can do to stop it so you should learn to embrace it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

W.T. Fits posted:

Calling it now, this year's Summer Welfare on JP will be Ereshkigal.

Feel free to quote this post and laugh at me when I'm proven wrong.

God willing, save me some fuckin quartz.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anything that cuts down on lovely loading times in FGO I will gladly accommodate. Doing the Ooku event with 30 seconds of waiting every time a screen transition happened before I got to the actual loading screen into the gameplay was miserable and then there's the fuckin loading that happens every time an NP or character switches out.

Otherwise they've made a lot of improvements to FGO and good on them, they've come a long way since 2015.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

how often do you get SSRs? Whale problems.

You dont wanna see my archive

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NRVNQSR posted:

Still no news on the most important question: How is the English version going to spell Meltryllis's name?

Meltryllis because both hers and Elizabeth's romanizations were mistakes made by the devs apparently

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They got help from people to translate stuff too and got some stuff the blog missed. It's about as comprehensive a look at CCC as you're gonna get without playing the game and knowing Japanese until an English patch drops out of the sky.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RevolverDivider posted:

Is melt on any solo banners cause I’d like her but god no to passionlip.

Melt is almost exclusively tied to Passion, so no. You at best have the following new years banner to roll for her on, but I don't remember if passion is with her on that banner or not.

Or the lucky bags with limiteds but uh yeah, good luck on that.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 9, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bakanogami posted:

Their class advantage means that they're basically Berserkers that don't take extra damage. An Alter Ego attacker will essentially be useful in three times as many fights as an Assassin, Caster, or Rider attacker would be, so you can fit them into a lot of parties.

Melt is an outstanding single target attacker. She hits like a truck, generates a decent amount of stars, and has two different defensive skills to keep her alive. Her skill 3 can be a little tricky to use at times, but it gets easier once it gets upgraded.

Lip is a pretty good tank (although her taunt skill is one turn only) and a powerful buster gorilla for Merlin.

Kiara's a little weird to use, but AoE alter egos in general are good since they're a reliable way to deal with nodes of mixed assassins/riders/casters, and Kiara has a 50% NP charge to help with that. Her NP ignores defense and has pierce invuln, which is pretty niche but there are a couple of difficult fights where it will save your rear end.

This is overselling AEs a little much, tbh. They definitely do have utility and Melt is very good, but their specifications towards Horsemen based classes also hurts them as much as it does help them. It's a team with the same damage modifier that a berserker has, but for less versatility on what they can fight. If a team appears at all that has a knight-servant in the mix then that actually hurts the versatility of the class a lot as their damage on that servant will halved and you are going to want something to deal with that servant. The single-target ones tend to be more versatile, because in the situation you don't have a servant who can deal with that given class an AE can be used in place and do incredibly well, but the AOEs are a lot more restricted due to either mixed enemy parties or them being basically unusable against knight parties at all. This is like three different types of some of the most common enemies in the game compared to a class like Berserker who at worst has to deal with double damage received but is able to run over literally any class in the game except two, both of which have an unbelievably small amount of reps.

This is also to say nothing of them having no defense advantage against anything except Foreigners so random crits hurt them a lot, but some of them do have okay HP and in the case of Passion her HP's not amazing however her defense buff helps her out a lot. In fact the Foreigner class was pretty much made so they would have something to actually be immediately worth using against since Foreigners take double damage from them and are the only class that does that isn't themselves and they even give you Mechaeli in the event right before the story chapter where they introduce the class. I think out of all of the AEs, the CCC ones are definitely the best. Melt has gotten better with time, Passion's dropped off a bit but she's still decent, and Kiara has a million problems but she is able to at least go into NP a second time in optimal (Read: specific setups) circumstances and then there's Mechaeli who is a free NP5 Alterego and I would not turn that down because she's pretty decent and a fun character.

Long story short, roll for whoever you wanna roll for unless it's Okita Alter who sucks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
drat

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's scorn and me saying she is unremarkable

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

She has high NP gain, a decent sized NP charge, a multi-turn buster/quick buff, and has survival skills for longer fights like challenge fights.

Kiara by comparison (i have all but KP and Sitonai for Alter Egos) have trouble with general damage outside of one turn burst, and possibly even fail because her damage is all debuff based, which can fail at the worst times.

Second skill has a crit star absorb attached to the NP meaning you have to sacrifice one for the other depending when in the fight you are using it for. So it means either turn one you don't get her at her optimal damage output or later, alternatively it means you spend valuable turns sitting on NP waiting for the moment where you can actually use the star absorb at which point anything can go wrong and hurt and kill your characters or team. The best situation to use it is if you are sitting on like 75% bar and need to chair and have stars built, but NP charges are generally used immediately after you've spent NP to accelerate you to your next one and star absorbs are used right before you go in for all of your damage. So unless your combo is like NPQQ and she manages to get to 70% off of that when Skadi is not her preferred support servant I could see it being possible, but it requires a lot more than other servants need considering buster NPs don't build NP unless they are specifically able to like Artoria's. Also you sacrifice the opportunity to follow up at the best moment with her Buster cards that are gonna do the most damage since her NP also has buster reduction and you have built buster buffs from first card advantage. Having longevity in a fight is good, but she does not have that. She has a single-use dodge that lasts for three turns and is attached to her NP buff and she has no defensive advantages against anything realistic. So you sacrifice her dodge to buff her np or you sacrifice for her to survive an attack, unless I'm misremembering and she does dodge once per turn for three turns which is okay but still not super amazing. Finally, her best advantage is against foreigners who come as single bosses except in specific cases (I remember a Hokusai and Abby node in Summer 3) which she is not optimal against and her NP despite having like seven hits generates nothing for stars so she can't build poo poo in her most optimal turn unlike Raikou who has a buff on her NP to do just that.

Her biggest strengths are honestly her cards all being really good except arts which doesn't matter tbh and if she has a solid NPBB follow up she can do a ton to an enemy and her star absorb is okay. She can generate stars decently and she an NP charge, so it's honestly hard to really argue with stuff like that because it's pretty good to have, but she doesn't provide anything multiple servants didn't already do before her with less restrictions and sacrifices. Kiara comparatively does have a ton of problems, I will grant you that because that is correct no matter what tbh. The difference is though Kiara actually has some versatility and is able to work in spots where other AEs can't and being Arts based means she's given access to some of the most versatile servants in the game. She has a strong NP charge that also does an arts debuff after her strengthening (Admittedly it being single target does suck, but it does synergize with her gameplan), can mass reduce enemy NP gauges, apply a defense debuff, and strip them of their buffs. The defense debuff you will have to sacrifice but it being three turns give you a little wiggle room to work with. Finally there is her invincibility that actually protects her for a full turn unfortunately it means you need to sacrifice a ton of buffs, but inversely the buffs she does get are powerful and sacrificing her invincibility for that on a team with already strong stall potential (Tamamo, Jeanne, Mash) doesn't hurt you too much.

Kiara's worst thing is her damage, bar none. She does wet noodle damage with her cards unless she is critting which is difficult and tbh her cards outside of the arts ones kinda suck, but if you use 2030s on her supports and have someone like Andersen with his new buff you can compensate in places you can't compensate for in Okita Alter. This is also not mentioning the extra damage she gets on Rulers which gives her a strangely unique place against them even though it won't matter in most cases and you'll probably just use Avengers over her, but it's still good to note that she is unique in that area.

I don't like Okita Alter because I just thought she was boring in the event she was in tbh especially compared to Izo, Ryoma, Oryo, and the various storylines going on with Nobu who all had a stone of presence and a really good storyline that I thought was cool. I actually don't care about her toolkit that much, but you are the one who responded to an offhanded comment I made very strongly so I felt I should explain myself to you at least. Sorry for the essay, I guess.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am rooting for anyone wanting to get Kiara because she and Andersen were two of my fav characters from CCC. So anyone who wants her has my power.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chacha good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tristan and Gawain have some stuff in the event, everyone does really.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The CCC Sakuras are alright, but it took me playing the game to begin liking them and the event added to it. BB is amazing tbh.

I have never read Foxtail, but Kingprotea seemed fun especially after they gave her sock puppets and kaiju sound clips.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Furnaceface posted:

Can someone explain to the new guy what you mean when you call things Sakuras and BBs and the references to faces.

There is a character in original Fate/Stay Night named Sakura Mato who looks like this.

In Fate/Extra they made an AI version of her for a computer program that looks like this

And in Fate/Extra CCC that AI version had feelings for the protagonist that she put into a recycling bin and came out as BB who looks like this

And she created the two Alter Egos, Meltlilith and Passionlip who look like this respectively

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Furnaceface posted:

Am I crazy for sticking around despite the answers given only leading to more questions?

Do you enjoy the game?

Bakanogami posted:

No idea where people get the idea that Okitan is bad from a gameplay perspective. There are tons of farming nodes where she's just the right waveclear, her skills are actually fairly easy to use for the most part unless you're taking her to long bossfights, her skills are super easy to level since it's almost nothing but gems, and her quicks are about as good as Okita classic.

Okitan isn't for nodes with knight classes or reserved for the like three anti-foreigner fights in the game. She's there for the million nodes that have stuff like mixed waves of Riders and Assassins where the Riders kill your caster supports and it's a pain to try to waveclear them down with an assassin because there aren't a lot of really good AoE Assassins.

I mean she's serviceable, but the fact that you're telling me she's mostly decent for trash nodes doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Especially when we're in an NP loop meta where trash and farming nodes don't get turns ever so enemies hitting casters isn't a thing that happens except in actual challenge missions and some specific instances like bosses in story mode, which you're gonna take a different approach to regardless. I don't think she's complete trash from a gameplay perspective, she's mostly just acceptable and that's kinda where I land on her.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Apr 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
November last year for us, so you guys got about a year and a half to wait before they include poo poo like exp. Oh wait they added command codes to third anniversary in there, so just a year and like 3 months?

Furnaceface posted:

I do! Its weird as hell and most of it makes no sense and as far as I can tell it has zero connections to Extella (which Im also playing) but Im a sucker for most anything that takes history/mythology and puts its own twist on it. Doesnt hurt that the gameplay is a pretty fun version of rock-paper-scissors.

This is what makes you crazy but that's fine, because that's what gets a lot of people into this series lol.