Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
William Tell has a loving gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She does yes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bholder posted:

Since this is the chapter where we get more Rama story, what are the chances for secret Sita servant?

She hasn't been in the chapter at all even as a cameo so nonexistent

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
These are going to stop being spoilers as of next week when the next banner goes up, but as a courtesy to the JP players who can't play through the whole chapter day 1 here are the remaining servants

4* Archer Ashwatthama, 3* Caster Asclepius that is going to be story lock most likely, and 5* Arjuna Alter. There is also a new Karna outfit that is infused with the power of Vishnu and Shiva to make Super Karna.

There have been no other servants besides these shown in the chapter that aren't on banners yet and nothing out of left field's been datamine either so there are no surprise inclusions for the time being.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just got Jinako and talked poo poo about them backporting her as a generic enemy two weeks ago in hunting quest so this is a sign to me the game wants me to defend her

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now I wait for week 2 banner

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Look forward to one of my favorite characters in FGO if nothing else.

Also I get to spend money on summer this year if she's in it yayyyyyy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wu is cool, but she doesn't have maces, rock hard abs, and an undying hatred for the massive collection of Greek heroes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I rolled for Summer Helena intentionally

Didn't get her until the rerun somehow

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

read it and form your own opinion imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Factor_VIII posted:

Not really. Summer BB is really RNG dependant since you need to get dealt the hand you need before you can use her 3rd skill on it. She's good for making impressive youtube videos where the dude repeated a fight until he was dealt the optimal hand, but less useful in a fight.

RNG dependant does not matter when you normally pop off turn 1 in this game in current jp state and can just reset the fight until you get one of the multiple hands that are useful to you with a looping servant. Even as just a DPS she's incredibly powerful and has a stupidly good skillset, if JP was still in buster meta she'd be loving obscene. The only reasons she's not favored in current meta as a DPS option is looping with her isn't a thing, but it's not like hitting poo poo really hard doesn't work anymore it's just not favored compared to hitting poo poo with your dumb np constantly.

The only thing about her I'd say kinda sucks is the fact that you are pigeonholed into using plugsuit if you want to get the most out of her as a support, but really plugsuit opens up a bunch of degenerate bullshit with another support's worth of buffing so it's not like other servants don't also follow that who are used strictly as supports.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 19, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

halokiller posted:

Does Dantes still need multiple NP levels to effectively NP loop with Skadi? Or is that a super whale meme strategy to clear content slightly faster?

Alright so, I'm gonna write a decent amount of words about quick looping, because it's honestly the most you will have to interact with the inner mechanics of Fate/Grand Order and numbers you don't inherently know.

Things that benefit you for Quick Looping

-NP Charges
-NP Gain buffs
-NP Hit Count
-Is my NP ST or AOE?
-Overkill/gauge milking which means anything that plays into extra damage usually is good to have including NP levels
-Card buffs
-Crits
-Enemy class type

Basically the general idea is that the more you have the more consistent your NP gain and looping becomes. So yes, in that sense having higher NP levels does help consistency with servants and NP2 is usually a good baseline for any Quick-based servants to be able to do it consistently enough. There are things that can throw a wrench into this though, for instance a decent number of 4* servants you can use for looping (Astolfo, Zerkerlot, Valk, Atalanta) have a decently lower amount of attack than any 5* servants, so you usually want more and more NP levels to the point where you'd want like NP5 at bare minimum for Zerkerlot and Marie and at least NP3 for Valk. This is part of the reason this tends to be the whale card type, because the more of a servant you are able to get means the more damage they can do means the more you can get out of their NP refunds. You can compensate in some way for this on your own with mystic codes, but a problem with NP looping is also that your CE is generally very pigeonholed into with NP charge so naturally that means having a Kaleido, especially an MLB one is the most optimal choice which is yet another thing to get multiple copies of. Also mitigating how much Berserker waves gently caress you on NP gain helps a lot, as well. Starving out some enemies on damage so you can use follow ups after NP to milk them for NP on overkill before they die matters a lot too and in the case of break bars there are enemies who are entire pinatas of NP after you go in hard right away.

TLDR: Yes, you do need multiple NP levels to loop consistently, but there are ways you can make up for not having a lot of NP levels but it is a case-by-case deal and not a hard rule.

I have a ton of these quick servants because it seems I just made smart investments on the right servants without realizing what quick meta was actually going to become, so if you want to know about some of the ones I normally use I can talk about them, but that's just more words that is unnecessary to this current explanation. I'm not sure on numbers and I forget parts of the NP gain formula that goes into this stuff usually, mostly because a lot of the descriptions I've read are Japanese and my Japanese is spotty, so people who have read more on these can probably explain that side of things better than I can.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 20, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you look on that chart and in the MLB Kaleido Row a servant's square is empty?

That servant is one of the best quick loopers

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's voiced by Hochu Otsuka, the man was destined to be liked by me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you haven't seen the Crypters yet you are only hitting the tip of the "What the gently caress is going on at chaldea" iceberg.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The french are a very angry culture

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got jinako

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is a very bizarre way to defend this hill you want to die on.

serefin99 posted:

I'll second this. Add Karl the Great, too. We need more offensive Rulers.

Four of them are offensive!

Karl would.be cool tho yeah

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still haven't gotten Ash

Here's hoping the monthly tickets get him otherwise I'll have to use a 4* pick ticket for him

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

I would be fascinated to know what version of the Mahabharata Nasu read, because the one I read is way different from his interpretation of things. Namely, my book's version of Duryodhana was "basically Shinji if Shinji could actually fight, but was also fundamentally Shinji" and Karna is a lot more flawed than he's made out to be in Fate. Like, Arjuna being obsessed with Karna should be the other way around.

Holy poo poo it's almost like Fate has different takes on mythological characters and spins things around from their origins to make a new take on them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

No, I get it, and I don't exactly hate it, I'm just saying I'm interested in reading the Japanese interpretation of the Mahabharata. Different translations and localizations can result in different conclusions from the same source, F/GO itself is an example of this.

I feel like what you are talking about is a difference in perspective that comes from how you've read the narrative than one that came from either localization or translation. Stuff like the Gankutsuou thing is definitely a result of localization, but the reads Nasu makes on Karna and Arjuna are not so divorced from the Mahabharata as to be something that could only come from a different culture's perspective. I feel more than ever anyone can look at the Mahabharata and totally see a read for how Karna is a much more outright heroic character and how Arjuna is just given poo poo and never has to face hardship. Like the second personality thing is an invention of Nasu's, but even that still originates from playing up Arjuna more as an incredibly self-doubting individual due to his privileges and victories that he is more than often just granted for being himself.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Penthesilea is also not just angry about Achilles, she has reasons for hating the other Greek Heroes like Hercules and Theseus. Like the only Greek hero she doesn't harbor a massive grudge against is Hector who was her ally during the Trojan War, but he still fits under the trait so RIP dude.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got fire wheel man alongside, a dupe of Rider Martha, and a gold prism feels okay

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Powerful Luvia

Also give me Mitsuhide as the welfare you fucks I just spent poo poo rolling for Ash.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 28, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Merlin still hasn't been on rateup since October of 2017 and Skadi herself hasn't had a single rateup since her initial one. These are two of the most desired casters in the game who bring entire gameplans and characters together and you basically are forced to whale for them or luck into them if you feasibly want them because if you miss them they are gone for at least a year. I could look at the calendar for the last year right now and I'd bet you there are at least 10 limited servants who haven't had a focused rateup in a year.

Like I guess you can count lucky bags if you think the chance they offer if reasonable, but it's really not the same compared to what GBF offers.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mason Dixon posted:

Heroic Spirit Kazama Kiryu when???

Ivan has been in JP for over a year

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Put in Dante

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm ready to roll and hopefully get her so I can also still have some juice for Summer BB

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't realize how honestly easy it is to get the gold characters in this game you want. Due to the fact you have less chances at getting gold servants, they made the chances at getting a feature 5* a 70% chance if you hit the rate and a 50% if you hit the 4* one. 3* servants you have nothing but chances at getting considering they are the lowest rarity of servant you can pull on the banner and you are guaranteed at least one every roll so they skew the chances less in your favor of getting one.

It's also why story locked servants are such a loving bitch to roll on, they might as well be limiteds with the exception they can appear on focus banners like Salieri did for the Extra one which guaranteed copies of him.

Mind you the 50% rateup chance at a 4* shouldn't skew that significantly lower compared to the 5* one since 70 to 50% is not comparable to 3 to 1% at all.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 3, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not before you roll on this Alexander Graham Bell servant

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the fact that she is on fire

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plutonis posted:

Kai still has a giant rear end on VC4. Bless the artists.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad we can all agree Juliana is good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal posted:

You don't realize how honestly easy it is to get the gold characters in this game you want.

I deserved the NP2 Xiangyu I got

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I rolled Nobu and Xuanzang in the same 10 roll as my my last copy of morinaga

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vengarr posted:

Not enough Ruler waves to justify a waveclear Avenger.

This is not the reason Demon Lord Nobu is being considered bad. Though the appmedia tier list is absolutely exaggerating how bad she is coming off of Arjuna Alter who is really good and she is at worst still better than some of the C-Tier AOEs they have.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

Counterpoint: Imagine how much exp farming you would need to do for that, or how hard you would have to go in lottery events.

If you go in hard on lotto events already there is negative reason to not do it because you end up with an excess of exp anyways

Also just grind exp on off days with natural ap? This ain't hard

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 7, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My point is that you don't have to prioritize it and can do it at your leisure. I've been playing this game for four years and have at multiple points been done grinding for poo poo I want to grind or don't see a realistic end to bronze mat grinding so I'll just wait on events and level up characters with daily AP in the meantime.

It's not like you get anything meaningful from burning servants either for that matter, rare prisms are loving trash for anything other than the two CEs you want and the trial quests for tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also yeah you can spend an entire stamina bar on mats and end up with jack poo poo, so idk what that defense is.