Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Hello.

I have been swallowed by the gacha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I am excited to play Super Smash Sisters: History Edition.

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Mongrel. You better spend all your riches.

Edit: that's also a very neat avatar you have.
I won't spend one cent. Probably.

Also, thank you.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hahaha, NP2 Atalanta. I ain't even mad, it was just funny.

Edit: Did you know you can name your teams?

Yep.

I've got a rider-centric team called The Taxmen Cometh for grinding out cash in the daily quests.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I mean, I'm not typically one for spending money on Free-To-Play stuff anyway, but yeah, the exchange rate is pretty bad - and all that for the opportunity to maybe roll the servant you want.

I think I'll be fine sticking with quest quartz, login bonuses, and friendship points. Got my two-star Andersen that way and he's been my MVP in several battles already.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

There are guaranteed gachas?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'll probably pick up Herc before the event ends, but for now I'm holding on to my voucher just in case I pull him - which I know is unlikely, but shoot, I'm a collector. If I win the Herc, I might go for Emiya.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Is this the only time Gilgamesh is ever going to be available, or do these limited runs ever get reruns?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nearing the end of the Orleans fragment and I'm kinda disappointed they couldn't make some cthuloid monsters for Gilles to summon instead of the same skeletons and zombies (and wyverns) you've been fighting the whole time.

Psiwri posted:

Gilgamesh shows up fairly often for a limited servant.

Pureauthor posted:

They get reruns and Gil is one of the most commonly rated-up limited Servants.
Good to know, thanks.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I should probably get around to checking out the Fate LP one of these days. I remember catching a bit of the Deen adaptation back when it was newish, but not being too taken with it. I always knew Saber's identity though, since the friend who introduced me to it told me straight up.

I liked Fate/Zero a lot, but more as a kind of fictional sporting event than a narrative, if that makes sense - though I'm fond of a lot of the themes it tackles, like the discussion of what it means to be a king and Kiritsugu's logic being thrown in his face.

Blockhouse posted:

look forward to Fate/Accel Order Zero later this year (maybe)
Is that the musou game or something else.

MonsieurChoc posted:

You're going to like the end of Septem.
Just unlocked it, so hopefully so.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Try rolling.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, I'm not feeling the plot or the pacing too much, but a lot of the servant interactions are fun.

Also the paid quartz stuff seems pretty gross. I'd been enjoying the game so I thought I might throw a couple bucks their way in gratitude, Gerstmann-style, but $30-40? No thanks.

EDIT: I will say I liked the development that Jeanne Alter was the product of Gilles' wish to punish France, and not the one to win the Grail.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 9, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

Keep in mind these gacha prices are actually way lower than most gacha games.
I am beginning to suspect the gacha life is not for me. Still, I like this one.

rio posted:

I'm enjoying looking up some of these historical characters. Like, as a professional musician I know a whole lot about Mozart but I didn't know that he met and proposed to Marie Antoinette. And I didn't know Gilles' history, or the guy who executed Marie, or the Emporor of Rome whose name escapes me. The anime renditions of these characters is funny too.
It's my favorite thing about the series, honestly. I love it when fiction reinvents mythological or historical figures, so half the fun of the franchise for me is the equivalent of smashing together two action figures with made-up superpowers in a sandbox.

Like, don't get me wrong, the Fate franchise and the Nasuverse in general have a lot more going for them than just pulp historical domain battles, and I like stories that aren't afraid to be silly and serious at the same time, but it was definitely the initial draw that attracted me to the stuff.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

MY CIVILIZATION SENSE IS TINGLING.

SOMEONE IS TRYING TO PROSPER.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You have been visited by the Lancer of Ill-Fortune.

Rank E Luck and severed arms will come to you unless you post "REJOICE" in this thread.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 10, 2017

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Snagged myself a Waver after a weekend of otherwise uneventful pulls. I know Gil's supposed to be the star of this event but I'm more than satisfied with this.

Nice to clear some space, unloading all the Caster-specific EXP cards I've built up since topping off my boy Hans like a week ago.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Just pulled an Assassin (Hassan) who isn't terrible either.

Game's being surprisingly generous today. Now I just need a halfway competent Saber.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Lily works fine for now once she actually has some levels, so just level and use her. Your only other real choice at the moment is Caesar if you don't want to gamble on quartz rolls, as the only other free option is Saber Gilles, and hahaha at ever using him.
I've been using her but even at level 30 she still kinda hits like a wet noodle, even when paired against enemies she should have the edge against. More commonly I just spring for someone's support Saber when I need one.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Is there any kinda "Soft" ceiling for bond points? Seems like my guys are capping out.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ah, alright. Thanks.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I keep thinking Vlad's character portrait is holding a guitar.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I think Darius looks cool but that's about all he's got going for him.

When do we get the coolguy Archer from the opening, and no I don't mean Emiya.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Marogareh posted:

I like Darius for his hilarious yells.
I like Lu Bu's.

Especially his dialogue which just shows up as a big unreadable block.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

How soon will enemies start dropping Caster materials (forbidden pages, homonculi) so I can make my Hans and Waver even more powerful.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Is there any point to upgrading CEs other than increasing the amount of attack or hit points they give the equipped servant?

Also if this game gives me one more Azoth Blade I'm gonna use it to destroy the Grail.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

That's the only effect their level has. If you upgrade them with four copies of themselves, though, the effect is slightly improved.

Vengarr posted:

If you feed a CE a copy of itself its max level increases, do that four times and its base effect improves. This can make some 3* CEs actually decent, like Dragon Meridian (you start with 50% NP instead of 30%) or Grimoire.

That's it really. Although the stat boosts from a max-level 5* CE can be considerable, so its worth upgrading them. A max-level Kaleidoscope boosts Attack by 2,000 points. (You will never get a max-level Kaleidoscope)

Azoth Blade and Black Keys will always suck. Their only use is to feed other CEs or be burned for Prisms.
Oh, neat. Do I just level them up with themselves, or do I need to do an ascension/noble phantasm thing?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sacrifice them for mana prisms.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

So is there any real difference between all these commemorative CEs or do I just pick the one with my waifu/husbando/whoever.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've found most of the music in this game pretty forgettable thus far but this outfit quest track is extremely my jam.

NRVNQSR posted:

The portraits are all mechanically identical and useless. I think the Extella one you get automatically is usable, though?
Yeah, my second question was gonna be what they do since the shop doesn't tell you, but it sounds like they're pure collection fodder.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Tempted to pick either Gilgamesh (so I can say I pulled Gil) or Altera (because gacha is bad civilization).

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

So which of these events is the best to grind for medals if you're into that sort of thing? After you've cleared them all once, of course.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

"Clutch" Chulainn saving my bacon every day.

For some reason silver medals continue to elude me. I've got a ton of golds and coppers, but almost no silvers.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Well the bright side is that Silver Medals are the ones you need the least of!
Yeah but I want at least one Nightless Rose (for the collection) and I'd rather spend silvers on it than golds.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I looked it up and the limit break for Nightless Rose seems pretty lackluster, unless I'm reading the card wrong.

Seems like you'd do better to just have five so that's potentially five different servants with guts at once, if that's your thing.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Had to burn three command seals to complete that one. Good thing the next round of battles is a few days off so I can recover them.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Motto posted:

A high level AOE NP support plus backup makes pretty short work of 30AP.
I felt I put together a pretty solid team, just nobody had the HP to withstand Jing Ke's NP going off every three rounds. I nearly beat them off before wiping, then brought everyone back to finish the job.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I actually ran that event earlier, I was just commenting on it now since someone else was.

I saw your thing about Arash and took my level 30 (with maxed-out NP) out for a spin and he did pretty alright.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Prepped a team for one event only to accidentally click on a different, more difficult event almost none of them were suited to class-wise.

Ended up winning but that was probably the most tense battle I've had yet. Literally came down to one servant on each side blasting away at each other.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gacha please.

I'm not asking for much.

Just a Saber - any Saber - who isn't Gilles.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I do, but I'd still rather not draw Gilles five times.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Just had a Nightless Rose drop unexpectedly.

Should I bother saving up for another one (with golds or silvers) or just splurge on upgrade materials? My luck is generally pretty poor when it comes to loot tables so I never imagined the game would just hand me one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Alright, thanks.

Won't be needing any more forbidden pages for awhile. Gonna need to grind some monuments though.