Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Just installed the English version and am currently going through the tutorial. I reached the point where the game let me do a free pull.

I got a 3* Alexander and a 4* Siegfried. Everything else was a Craft Essence, with the highest tier one being a Noble Banquet.

Is this a good pull? I'm not necessarily opposed to rerolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Psiwri posted:

Reroll immediately.

Thanks, went through with it!

This time I got two 3* Mephistopheles, a 3* Robin Hood, a 4* Martha and a 4* Heracles. Any better?

(Forgot about Robin Hood there!)

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 27, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

EzEight posted:

As an old FGO vet if you can stand the soul crusing grind of rerolling. Always reroll for a 5*.

This is the only time you will have control of what you start with afterwards will be Gatcha RNG 1% hell.
Also I've added my friend details to the google sheet I have Waver and need hard hitting friends to grind embers.

Oh, the tutorial pull can give 5*s? I thought it was 4* only.

SpaceDrake posted:

Remember that you can also roll open on the gacha with all the launch currency they've given us. If you want to go in hard, reroll until you get a 5* of some kind.

Herc is extremely solid though and that alone is worth keeping.

Unless this is what you guys mean, and the second set of pulls has the chance for 5*s?

Either way I'll see what I get from the second pull.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Got a 3* Darius, a 3* Alexander and a 5* Zhuge Liang out of my non-tutorial pulls. What's the verdict? Is that an okay 5*? And do I save quartzes until I get enough for another x10 pull?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I've been using my class cards on Hercules and Waver, but I haven't dipped into my all-classes stash yet. Should I be using them on those two, or should I save them for Shielder since she's her own class?

What about the squirrel cards? My intuition tells me those I can just sink into either Hercules or Waver all at once to give them a nice stat boost, but I'd rather ask before wasting them.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I've used my friend's lvl 40 Jeanne so much as my support that it takes me a moment to realize she isn't really part of the team.

I'm torn between funneling all my All Classes exp. cards into Waver to get him close to that first Ascension (And to get him to do a bit more damage because Christ his damage is bad.) or leveling my Shielder so she can actually hop in when something crits my Hercules into oblivion and do something other than make Waver invulnerable for one turn before getting killed herself.

Is there an easier way to get exp. cards than that one daily mission?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

Best way to get xp and level servants is to run the 40 ap daily to get the good xp cards. Second best is selling the 3 star xp cards (or 3 star servants if you somehow have spares of those lying around?) for mana prisms and using them to buy good xp cards.

It takes a lot of AP, but the 4 star xp cards are waaaaay better than the 3 star ones, and 1-2 stars are basically garbage past like level 10.

I would probably try and push Waver to his first ascension to get his second skill- it's +defense for the party and 10% NP for everyone. With the defense maybe your berserker will die less.

Sadly I can't do the 40 AP dailies yet, but I'll try selling 3* exp. cards. Pretty weird how that's more efficient than just using the 3*s.

I should probably advance the story more before diving into spending all my AP on dailies anyway.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

If you can find a high-levelled Jeanne Support she can basically solo the 40AP daily.

The highest one in my friends list is lvl 38 and she was getting slowly chipped down through the whole thing. By the time my team got to the stage 3 servant, she was the only one left standing and Marie just outlasted her by spamming that invincibility + heal over time move.

I'm not sure if that's the daily for the exp. cards though. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the rewards when doing them yesterday.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Just checking the experience return on the 3* cards, it takes 4 of them to beat a single 4*. But since it takes selling 40 3*s of to get 10 of the 4* variety from Da Vinci, why is the conversion favorable?

Is it only for when you have 3*s for a class you don't need at all?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I'm having a hard time seeing how a lvl 50 Jeanne is able to solo the 40 AP daily. I guess I just suck?

I picked someone's 1st ascension lvl 52 Jeanne. My team (lvl 18 Hercules, lvl 19 Waver, backup lvl 15 Martha and backup lvl 11 Shielder.) still died early in the second stage despite using skills to try to keep them up. Hercules ate a giant crit to the face and folded on the first stage in fact.

Jeanne then slowly chipped away at the hands, eating a NP in the process because she couldn't kill anything fast enough by herself, barely getting into the third stage. (Her -NP gauge skill only works on servants, huh?) And then the third set of hands finished her off before she could kill even the second one.

I guess I'll have to wait until my entire team is higher lvl. Using all my exp. cards I can only get either Hercules or Waver to lvl 30, and I doubt that's enough to be worth the risk of nuking almost my entire AP gauge and getting nothing out of it.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jun 29, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I feel like I'm just going to sit on all the Saint Thingamabobs until these future events start coming. I'm not sure I really want any of the 5*s currently in the game that much, and that 1% drop rate feels like it's just begging for me to hoard currency for literal months before splurging.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Stumbled upon this person streaming his rerolls, in search of a Waver account.

He's rerolled over 130 times as of now. Also apparently refusing to just have someone hand him a Waver account.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I was struggling with even AP 30 until I ditched Waver and replaced him with Martha. She has been really good for me and after her first ascension she combos so well with support Jeanne. I'm sure Waver will be absurdly good for me later, but for now his damage is terrible, he has no survivability and giving Hercules 30% NP gauge was usually the only thing he was good for, since he tended to die before even getting his own NP off.

Speaking of ascension, I'm not sure I understand how many ascensions exist. Because there's 4 different card arts for the servants, but apparently there's 4 total ascensions? Does the second ascension not change the card/sprite art?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Darn it. That means it will be a looong time until I can change Waver into his Zero form.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Not sure what free servant to pick. I got Waver, Hercules and Martha as my gold ones. Maybe another Hercules to upgrade his NP? I dunno if I care about Archer enough to pick him, but I guess Carmilla might be good to snag a decent Assassin. Is Tamamo Cat even worth getting instead of a second Hercules?

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 1, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

AfroSquirrel posted:

Tamacat is good for farming with her AoE zerker NP.

Between Waver and Martha you have a ton of survivability and Artes. Emiya would round out the Artes train, but Camilla would be a good fit too, feeding crit stars to the team while NPing bosses. D'eon would make the team even more tanky.

Cat would be splitting Berserker cards with Hercules, so I think I'd rather not do that until I've ascended him twice and capped him or something. If Emiya fits an Arts-spam team then I could see that being nice.

I've hit the point where it takes like 4 AP 30 dailies to level up. I really need to get Hercules to his first ascension so I can give AP 40 another shot.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Trihugger posted:

Today's EXP quest is Archer and Caster. Martha should be able to get you through a lot of it on her own. You can try to find a Liz or Marie Antoinette from friend's list and that should be enough to get you through today's 40 AP quest. I've been running Martha lvl47/Waver lvl36/Support Marie lvl50.

This post pushed me into trying the AP 40 dailies again and sure enough, I was able to do it with a lvl 40 Martha, a lvl 25 Hercules and a lvl 60 Jeanne support. After going through dozens of them I got Hercules to 40, (Sadly I'm missing one monument to ascend him.) and Waver from 25 all the way to 55. Now he can actually contribute more damage than Martha!

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I'm running out of space with all the exp. cards I'm getting, so I guess Saber Lily is eating this pile of Saber cards, since she's the only one I have.

I did the Hercules Interlude, and the second quest was several orders of magnitude harder than the 40 AP dailies, and yet it gave out 1/10th the experience for completing it. (Or less than half the experience per AP spent I guess.)

I honestly have to force myself to complete the story every now and then or I'd just be doing the AP dailies non-stop, since the story doesn't even have the decency of dropping mats often enough. If not for the Saint Doohickeys you get for each section, I don't think I could bring myself to even touch the story until all my servants are maxed.

Doesn't help that Orleans' story is nothing but: Jeanne feels bad about Jeanne Alter doing bad things. Gets interrupted by mooks. Marie teases and/or flirts with someone. Gets interrupted by mooks. Mozart looks like an alien in his portrait art. Gets interrupted by mooks. Siegfried is completely useless. Gets interrupted by mooks. Vive la France! Vive le mooks.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Endorph posted:

you can also go into the formation > card screen and change your servants back to their earlier sprites/art if you prefer those

Looking at you Saber Lily.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

New notice went up. Apparently we get 20 free quartzes if we log in at all next week.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Darn it, I will probably only get up to 150 quartzes and 9 tickets before Gil's rate up is gone. I guess I'll try my luck with what I have.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I hope we get an Alter version of Attila, so then newbies can get endlessly confused about Altria, Altera, Altria Alter and Altera Alter.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Used up my 150 quartzes and 8 tickets. No Gil, only a Lancelot, a Kaleidoscope and three Heaven's Feel, making for four total counting the one I got on release.

While I don't mind getting so many 5* CEs, I'd trade all of those for Gil. The sadness begins!

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If I don't get Gilgamesh with all the quartz i have saved up.... I don't know I might reroll for him

I'm sick and stuck home so I'm rerolling on my tablet. I doubt I'll be able to get an account that surpasses the one I'm running, but I'll try for a bit.

Interestingly enough, it seems like the Android version uses way better assets. The iOS app has some awful compression artifacts on every single sprite.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I've gotten 2 Gilgamesh in 8 rerolls so far.

If I at any point manage to pull a Gil + Jeanne or Gil + Waver, I'll give away my previous account for sure.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Been using Lancelot alongside Hercules, and he actually outdamages him pretty often. If he had better NP gain, I'd love to throw my Heaven's Feel on him to test if it buffs the self buff too.

Speaking of HF, it seems like a really niche CE, with Kaleidoscope or Prisma Cosmos being better almost always. Should I keep the four copies the gacha flooded me with or limit break it?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I saw a screenshot of Merlin.

Oh, so that's who the fluffy mascot is.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

are you sure about that

I hope it's not that obvious!

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Sooo, I've been halfheartedly rerolling throughout the day, as I'm still sick and was chasing the dream of getting a Gil + Waver account to replace my Waver one.

I did get Gil several times, Jeanne a couple of times and Altera once. But no double 5* that would make it worth switching. And then on the very last reroll before going to bed this happened.

No Gil, but you know what, I think this is acceptable.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With the rerolled account that got me Vlad, I'm almost tempted to pick someone other than Herc with my ticket.

On the other hand, on my original account I have Herc and Lancelot, and together they just roll everything with such ease.

Maybe I'll even get lucky and pull another Lancelot and then I can just have a full zerker team.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

My godly reroll that pulled an Altria, Vlad and Waver, alongside two Kaleidos and a Formalcraft in the free 10-pull has gotten the absolute worst luck in the following two 10-pulls I did. Not a single 4* servant or 5* CE.

The dream of getting even more disgustingly lucky and pulling a Gilgamesh to top it all off is fading. My last chance will be completing Septem and accumulating some login bonuses for one last 10-pull.

Speaking of completing singularities, Orleans really is the worst. This second time around I powered through the whole thing with my stockpiled AP from chaining dailies, and even skipping the story the whole thing is painful. The enemy variety tanks right around the time the first wyvern shows up. Ugh.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Speaking of Vlad, I absolutely adore his combat animations. It's a shame Hercules and Lancelot share the same boring ones.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6n56cp/final_math_factoring_events_for_mona_lisa_ce/

Some interesting considerations about the Mona Lisa CE.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Accrued 30 quartzes one last time, still no Gilgamesh. Did get a Lancelot and a Weird Sleeve Sakura CE at least.

I've been waiting until the end of the rateup before using my free 4* servant ticket. Right now I have Lancelot, Martha, Altria, Vlad and Waver as my gold servants. Do I really want Heracles still when I already have two really good Berserkers? (Then again, on my first account I did enjoy running Lancelot and Heracles together, so maybe a triple Berserker team would be fun.)

I'm leaning towards either getting Emiya to have a good Archer or Elisabeth to get what sounds like the only decent 4* Lancer for a very long time. Any thoughts?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Against my better judgment I opened my wallet to round out two more 10-pulls as my last attempt at getting Gil. My insane luck struck again, with the first set giving me a Kaleidoscope, second Vlad, second Heracles, (I used my ticket to claim one.) and two Lancelots. (I already had one of him too.) The next set gave me Heaven's Feel, a Weird Sleeve Sakura, yet another Lancelot... and oh sparkly orbs! Surely that must mean... a Jeanne.

So while I can't complain about such ridiculous luck, it also marks the only time I'll give them money chasing a rateup, because that's five total 5*s combined without Gil. I guess on the plus side the gacha decided I really really liked Berserkers and with four 5*s I might get more friend requests from whales.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I'm going to discard my iOS account now that my Android one has surpassed it. Is anyone interested in a lvl 59 account with Waver, Hercules, Lancelot, Elisabeth, Martha and Carmilla? All current chapters completed, no quartzes or tickets left.

Also, can I have the same account on multiple devices, or does it limit you to one?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I really dislike Altera's design, but I think her CE illustration is the only one other than Nero's that doesn't look really off. I'll probably still pick Nero's, but it's a toss-up between the two of them.

Thuryl posted:

Kinda. You can only play on a single device at any one time, but you can use a code to transfer your account between devices. It'd be a bit of a pain to have to do that on a regular basis, though.

That sucks. Was hoping to just be able to pick it up on whichever device is more convenient at the time, but if it means issuing codes every session I guess I'll just keep it on my tablet. Thanks for clarifying!

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I'm pretty excited for Waver's 3rd and 4th ascensions. I think there's enough mats for both of them at least?

I've been trying to get enough Dragon Fangs in Fuyuki to ascend Altria again before Nero Fest, since it unlocks the interlude that powers up her NP. It's seriously ridiculous that you can spend an entire 90+ AP on a 7 AP mission and get one drop. This isn't even one of the rare mats either.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Marogareh posted:

Only get excited when anything drops a gold chest and cry when it's a gem. I've wasted about 300 AP plus some gold apples on the Chimera daily and only got 2 claws out of it. At least it showed me how loving good Vlad is.

The Dragon Fang drops from a silver chest. And yes, it's always a gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

It does sound like apples become so common later on that that stops being an issue, at least.

I'm actually not 100% sure that will be the case. It seems like the reason JP players are swimming in apples is that they were a very common apology gift sent out in the early months of the game, and the NA version hasn't had anywhere near as many issues as the original so far.