Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I started this game last month and had a pretty decent tutorial roll, getting both Heracles and tamamao cat, got EMIYA later on and a few other decent rolls.

Then my luck just tanked completely.
Summon tickets blown on lousy craft essences, friend point summons that are 90% mozarts, constant and unending repeats. I finally manage to get a 10 summon in time for Nero finally popping up in the summons.

The only new thing I got was Fatso. :sigh:

I feel like the well has dried up on servants I don't have, I'll probably never get a 5* with my E rank luck, and the cash to quartz ratio is absolute BS and I refuse to pay for it ($1 for 1 drat quartz?) And I can't actually seem to get any of the ascension materials I need to get anybody past their second form.

Otherwise I'm doing ok in daily quests since I'm regularly beating up gold hands and jumping in levels (I'm at like 53 now) and I'm completely done with everything in the story to this point since oekanos doesn't seem to want to open. Its just the gacha element is too eager to waste my quartz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Endorph posted:

the cash to quartz ratio is actually pretty good if you buy in bulk, you can get a ten roll for like 14 bucks which is way cheaper than just about any other game of this type

Oh I think I've been reading it wrong. So its the amount in the listing plus the number in red. Gotcha.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Grausherra posted:

I'll be mean and accuse the guy of using a cheap APK with skip option along with other bullshit

I don't think there are hacks for the US version yet.
though if there is ill take them, I want saint quartz

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Grausherra posted:

There, it's just not all that much talked and behind a paywall to keep dirty peasants away.
I would most of the assholes showing off their maxed out bonds and such have used it since I doubt administration cares all that much since it's pretty much a single player thing.

Behind a paywall? That's kinda not right.
Though if anybody *does* have it i want it, mostly just for ease of life.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Am I the only one who feels like they've run out of things to do?

Like all I have now is doing dailies and occasionally trying a summon ticket only to come out with nothing new. I'd be thrilled if we got a new event or something.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Yep.. I really wish they'd hurry up with some content. I COULD go around and farm for ascension items for low star characters that I don't ever use.. but I won't.

Right, all this senseless grinding is kind of why i hoped for a cheat apk but i guess its too early for that. I did ascend some of my lower characters and am putting them through bonding by having them occupy my sub slots but mostly for the interludes so I can get more quartz.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Why on earth would you need 10,000 prisms?

And of course the only cheat apks are for fights and not for materials or anything actually important. I'm not struggling with fights though so its worthless to me.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Great Gray Shrike posted:

Prisms: There are two different CEs that help with farming later on; one gives +10% QP, one gives +10% Bond - when limit broken. To limit break you need 5 copies ... at 1k mana prisms each. 10k prisms for both LB.

How much those matter and are good varies depending on how much farming and levelling of characters you intend to do for this game.

The presence of those CEs might also be helpful to get friendship points if you really want Angra Mainyu later on.

Huh, well that explains it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Is there even anything other than KnK and Prism Ilya that's in question? Certainly there are no issues with Apocrypha, Zero, Extra or CCC because we already have exclusive servants from all of those on NA.

I mean other than CCC all those are available in some way in the US translated so I don't really get your point.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Wait, why? I know that some events give you rewards if you use certain servants during them, but I wasn't aware that that was the case for Moon Goddess.

Wait what?

Was this the case for Nerofest at all?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I'd be happy if I actually had anything that's a five star that wasn't Heaven's Feel or the Iris CE that gives 8% NP every turn.

I did actually get siegfried with a summon ticket so i'm kinda happy about that.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Got a lucky roll on the story gacha and ended up with a Kaleidoscope! :woop:

Only question is who to put it on. right now my best NP's are probably Cu and Emiya.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Where is the best place to get Saber pieces? I need like 6 more to ascend Saber Lily and Chevalier.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Just fed all my exp ups to Saber Lily, she's now level 60 and that much closer to third ascension. I need lots of those drat white spike things, I have no idea where to get them.

Emiya's about ready for second, just need a bunch more Archer pieces.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah its those things. I need a bunch for Medea as well. I didn't realize second ascension didn't change character appearance. So I want to get that squared away asap. Thanks for the tip about Thiers.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I rarely touch my CE's, the 1*s aren't enough to boost my 5*s and 4*s and I don't get those enough to boost their max potential.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Well this makes my third Gold Archer. :psyduck:

Plus with a Event CE from a Summoning ticket I think Dango won't be that much a problem.

How do you get so many servants in a single roll?

At most I get 5 and three of them are repeats (In this case Romulus and Boudica AGAIN I already have her NP maxed out jerks :argh: and a second Kiyohime.)

I got Ushi and Marie Antoinette finally though. Other than that it was all meh CEs (Projection and Verdant Sound are welcome, Azure Keys, two of them at that, are not)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I'm still in the "I've never pulled a 5* except for CEs" pile.:mad:

Maybe that'll change but for now i'm just gonna try once i can get some more summon tickets. I already blew all my quartz.

This event is a bit repetitive, honestly.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Marogareh posted:

The only one I've ever gotten was Artoria forever ago. I might max ascend her because she gets a sweet mantle and ill fitting crown.

My boyfriend got two loving artoria's within a week of eachother and all I get over here are Prototype Cu and Boudica :(

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I blew all the summon tickets I had before EP4 of the story just to hopefully get Orion.

I got a moon bath :3:
But then I got more loving Azure Keys and another Saber Gilles.

What's the point of a rate-up if its gonna give me the same garbage the story summon gives me? Might as well not even have it as a separate listing.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Nobody else in my friends list has a Moon Bath.

I guess that's still better than nothing. Should help with dumplings for sure.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 18, 2017

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Moon Bath feels kind of pointless IMO unless you have, like, 4 of them.

Its giving me double of what the regular reward is plus the additional from EMIYA, Cu, Mooncell Automaton and whomever my support is cuz they all have the one you grab from the store.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Did the dango event only have 20 cards? Sorry, it's been a while since it was on JP, so i've forgotten the details. Anyway, unless you're catastrophically unlucky at gacha, you'll eventually reach a point where you need lots of exp.

Pretty much me. But thankfully the servants I do have can get me through lots of problems as is. Yay for Emiya and Heracles and Cu.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Sophism posted:

Speaking of animation updates, I really wish they had included Orion's in the NA version. I hope they don't wait until next year.

Yeah its really odd some characters (EMIYA and Arturia for example) got their new animations off the bat but others like Medea got the original crappy animations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

About 700 Dangos.

I'm getting kinda tired with grinding, and I can't seem to be bothered to get the other two event CEs.

Should I just dump some Dangos into Pieces and Monuments and call it a day?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

That are out now (either skill or ascension):

- SAlter
- Gilg
- Emiya
- Waver
- Medusa
- Marie Antoinette
- Camilla
- Heracles
- Tama Cat

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_of_a_Foreign_God

I have five of those god drat servants.

I'm gonna need a lot of hearts aren't I? (I think I have 6 ATM.)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Wait which one has hearts? Is it the 20 or 30AP mission?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Ah I did a match of each and saw the demon so I assumed it was the regular end guy since they never seem to change when I play them.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

So I've opened up EMIYA's 2nd Interlude, what's the little reward? Is it a buff to his Noble Phantasm?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

(That said, CCC should come out in English, because while I'm sure some parts of it would raise eyebrows at least, it really is That Fuckin' Good. It was one of the swan song RPGs of the PSP.)

I'm pretty sure Passionlip does more than raise eyebrows for many people.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Vengarr posted:

You can Ascend everyone once for their interludes and still be swimming in pieces.

Especially since 1-2 stars only use 2-3 pieces for a single ascension.

Plus Interludes are fun and give me all those sweet profile infos that I like reading.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Just max np what you have, lock them and burn the leftovers

Or chuck them into some other character for more level-up goo.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm not sure what you mean? All of the story locked servants are story locked. Since no-one should ever roll the story gatcha under any circumstances they're not going to appear unless you're rolling on their rate-up gatcha.

Oh is that why I've not had any luck seeing Salter or Nero?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

So basically I shouldn't bother hoping to get Salter or Nero unless they appear in another rate-up or if I do stupid things and play Story Gacha?

Cool, I'll just subside on EMIYA and friends for eternity then. They carry me pretty well.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

What's everybody's issue with Saber Lily?

I find her quite serviceable considering how poor my luck with Golds are and she's currently my best character until I can ascend EMIYA, Medusa and Jing Ke to third Ascension (Which they have the items for, just not the levels.)

Plus she's adorable and my only Saberface. :3:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

a kitten posted:

Her and Caesar are my only freakin Sabers.

If it weren't for free 4* servant selection at the beginning of the game netting me Chevalier it'd probably be the same honestly.

The rest all just evade me.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Sciencegar posted:

I will be limiting it to one ticket each on the Arturia, Waver and Vlad days. Maaaaaaaybe Altera. But Kintaro himself I have little appeal in, so the quartz is staying in its bag, awaiting Shishou and the GUDAGUDA Medusa Rate-up so I can up my waifu's NP.

How do you not just get swamped in Medusa? I've gotten her like 20 times.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Sciencegar posted:

It's all RNG: I got NP5 Proto Cu by week 2 or 3, but only got Real Cu a week ago, just after my first Medusa. Now Real Cu is at NP3 but there are no signs of any more Medusae.

I'm cursed with infinite Proto Cu, Boudica and Amadeus.

The only bronze servant I don't have is Sanson. I only recently got Siegfried and Marie Antoinette.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Why did they put Robin Hood and Boudica in the Rateup? They're already two of the most common servants in the goddamn game they don't need to have a higher chance of obtaining them.

Also Kintoki and Eurayle are already programmed into the game right? I've fought both of them but they show up as greyed out in the Spirit Origin Archive and don't even come up afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

did the only 10 roll I could do.

Only got a 4* craft essence i already had and a million other stupid things (Including more GOD drat KEYS :argh:) and two servants (FSN Cu and Medea) who I guess I can buff noble phantasms with.

I just want Salter dammit. I guess I can wait until the summon tickets are refreshed.