Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Oh neat, I got Tamamo Cat and Carmilla from the tutorial 10-roll! I didn't even realize you could get a second 4-star from that, but I'm not complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Argas posted:

It's RNG, baby.

I rolled a bunch of 5-stars during the CCC event using about 20 tickets.

I'm jealous, my last 30 or so tickets have been nothing but 3-stars. Not even a 4-star CE to comfort my loss. :negative:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Does overflow AP ever max out, or can you just gain loads of master levels at once and end up with ten times your normal maximum?

The latter. I think I ended up breaking 700 AP when I started out on the JPN server, if not more.

But I think I read that if you gain more than one level at once, you only get one level's equivalent of AP? Not sure if that's still true or if it's old news, however.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I'd love a Waver (but who wouldn't) but I'm very happy with my Jeanne, she's been fairly easy to build around so far. I definitely want to try for Gil assuming that's out first. I'd love to try for Saber Alter but I just don't know how that'll go with the current pool. I might just hope I get her during Gil's rateup somehow.

Unfortunately, Saber Alter is a story-locked servant, which means you can't roll her unless you roll on the default story gacha or she's specifically part of the rate-up, and I don't believe Saber Alter was in Gil's particular rate-up.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

At first I was turned off by Dantes' art, but then I saw his animations and heard his laughter and started to like him. After realizing he was the dorky kind of edgy and reading some of his story/dialogue, he became one of my favorite husbands to come out of Grand Order.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Casters definitely have it worst; I think every Caster currently in the game requires Forbidden Pages. Almost every Rider is out too, because Horseshoes.

Speaking of Riders, is Teach actually in the gatcha right now? I've just realised I don't have him and I haven't seen anyone mention him since the NA release. Might he be on hold until Okeanos, like Euryale is?

Teach is in, a friend of mine is using him atm.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

the_steve posted:

Poverty servant? You mean she's a free drop and not Gacha bait?

Yes, several Events will give a free 4-star, and by participating in the event and/or farming drops, you can get them fully ascended and to NP 5 as well. Kuro is one of these free 4-stars, among others.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 10, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

MotU posted:

I'm almost Rank 6 on Vlad and Ushiwakamaru

what does it give anyways?

Rank 6-9 each give Quartz (1 for 1-3 Stars, 2 for 4-stars, 3 for 5-stars), Rank 10 gives a unique CE for that servant.

Edit: Ah, yeah, I'm wrong for 1 and 2 stars. 1 stars give a Golden Apple for Bond 6-8, 2 stars give a Golden Apple for Bond 6-7.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

FAT BATMAN posted:

So, if I save my summon tickets, they'll work on then next gatcha event, right? Will it be worth saving for the next gatcha event?

Yes, tickets don't expire, so you can save them for as long as you like. As for whether or not the next rate-up/event is worth, that depends on your tastes. Most likely we're next going to get the Nero Festival event sometime after Gilgamesh, which has Altera/Attila the Hun and Nero as part of the rate-up.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Oh, neat. Do I just level them up with themselves, or do I need to do an ascension/noble phantasm thing?

Level them up with themselves. You can also tell how many duplicates you've fed into your CE by the four star-shaped icons when you go to enhance them.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

genericnick posted:

Another stupid beginner question: What do you do with low level servants? And is there anywhere in the strengthening menu that shows the NP level? Because there seems to be no warning when you accidentally feed your NP level 5 1 star to another one for XP.

If you already have NP 5 of a Servant, any more duplicates are just for burning. No, there isn't anywhere in the XP Strengthening screen that shows NP level, which can get frustrating. However, if you go to a Servant's profile, you have the option to Lock them on the left side of the screen, which prevents you from burning or feeding them. You can also Lock CEs as well.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

HiveCommander posted:

You can filter cards by NP level

Oh right, I'm so used to filtering by Servant level that I forgot you can actually do other things too! My bad. :v:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

60 quartz and 8 tickets for NP 2 Summer Martha, which I'm quite all right with. :toot:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

miracles do happen :toot:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

i appreciate these peoples' efforts in keeping the US servers alive

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Got Summer Nero in 60 quartz. :toot:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Reddit says her skills are:

1) NP charge and if 50% HP or less gain NP gen up (3 turns)
2) Attack up (3 turns) Defense up (3 turns) and ignore classes (3 turns)
3) Ally Guts (1 time, 3 turns) and def up (3 turns)

I can't read Japanese, so I'll take their word for it :v:

Edit: After using it, her 3rd skill appears to give ATK up and not defense up.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 9, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Looking forward to 4th ascending and grailing Best Boy EMIYA very soon thanks to Moon Goddess. :toot:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

A Bystander posted:

Used two tickets and got my 5th Romulus (love that guy) and my first 5*, which is Vlad. I gotta say I'm pretty content with this considering I've also got Heracles, so I'm ready for the next event.

I decided to let myself fall to temptation after reading this comment and somehow ended up getting Altera from my sixth and last ticket. :stare: So uh, thanks I guess?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Bholder posted:

Oh boy, I got a golden archer, I'm sure it's...

oh wait it's just my third copy of Atlante...

I could not even get Euryale

Euryale isn't in the game until Okeanos comes out (assuming you're talking about NA).

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Vengarr posted:

Does anyone know where to find the remix of Gentle Everyday that's playing in the Dangofest shop? I can't find it on Youtube. Searching in English and Japanese, even.

This, you mean? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1g3t19RM_g

I believe it's a remix of In the Sunlight and not Gentle Everyday, so maybe that's why you couldn't find it.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Okeanos is Drake, Anne & Bonny, David, Euryale and Hector. Iksander on the other hand is not actually in Okeanos, and comes in the later Fate/Zero event.

E: Oh, and Medea Lily is a story unlock as well.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 27, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Drake is rad as hell and I wish she got more screen time in events.

also NA version better still have HOUGEKI YOIIIIII because the fact that JPN got rid of that skill line is a loving crime

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Got Kintoki and another Imaginary Number in 30 quartz. :toot: My NA luck seems to be going much stronger than JPN luck, it seems.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Nyeehg posted:

On that note, is it worth bothering to level up both Artorias or should I just focus on one for now? From what I can see Artoria has better stats and skills but Saber Alters Noble Phantasm is much stronger.

While I'll agree with everyone here stating that if you have to pick one, Artoria Alter is the better investment at this point especially since she peaks earlier because of her S-stat curve, I felt the need to point out that at max level their NPs actually do roughly the same damage at NP1. (assuming no Grails, that is.) Artoria Alter has a 450% damage modifier on her NP, but OG Saber has a 400% damage modifier after Interlude and a higher attack stat, so it evens out in the end.

Pulling from this, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wc80dpN8-OwH_wf-wrV5zb79d4Smy-WQxkIP1YABPE8/edit#gid=0, OG Saber does 29851 damage on average, and Artoria Alter does 29337.

E: Not related, but apparently Saber Lily does less damage at NP5 than Artoria Alter does at NP1, which is just... depressing, to say the least.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 1, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Neato, Bryn's back! Maybe I'll manage to get NP2 from the event tickets, 'cause I sure as hell don't have anymore quartz. :v:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Speaking of Cu, best dog just clutched out against Gilgamesh. It's both sad and amazing how many times I gently caress up on these harder quests before Cu comes to save the day.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Pierson posted:

Stuff like that is basically equivalent of the Challenge levels PAD has right? For the very lucky or megawhale optimal teams?

Nah, good team composition goes a long way. I beat that quest with Euryale (3 star), BB (free 4 Star from CCC event), and Support Tamamo. In other words, it required no real investment on my part other than having a Tamamo on my friend list. Did have to spend a Command Seal since I was getting horribly unlucky with Arts Chains though.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

I just used Mashu/Bryn/Leonidas with backrow Nero Caster, Cu, and Support Herc with Bond CE, and it was still pretty straightforward without Iri despite my team being fairly sub-optimal as well. Just focus on mitigating damage between Arash NP turns, whether that be through defense buffs or splitting the damage with taunts, and Arash will take care of himself from there.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Just pulled a second copy of Bryn off my weekly ticket. :toot:

I'm not looking forward to when this lucky streak of mine ends and I roll nothing good for several months.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

I'm glad I'll finally be able to get Gorgon and grail another version of best snek. It only took them literally giving her out for free for me being able to get her. :v:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Gone through 47 boxes here, though I'm out of apples now. (Not that I had very many to start with, because I'm terrible at saving them and waste them on the most inefficient nonsense).

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

You can't see people's 4th Ascension Art unless you change the setting to allow it to in My Room -> Game Options. Same setting changes it to whatever ascension and sprite the owner has it set to, I believe.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

She's 4th ascended but not leveled.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

If anyone would be happy to help a Marie Antoinette and little else out, my NA User ID is 678,365,940!

Marie would want to be friends and you should too.

Sent an invite, IGN is Magi.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

No Merlin, but I ain't gonna complain about this considering it was my one and only 10-roll. :toot:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If anyone wants another support Merlin feel free to add me. He should be maxed out by the end of the day since I just need a couple more gears and then I got everything else needed for the full train to 90.

I also have a ton of 4 and 5 star CEs but not really sure which ones should go on what so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to tell me.

Sent you an invite! IGN is TheFireMagi, same as my forum username.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Hate-Senpai posted:

Poor Spartacus, more like Poor Vlad, 5* Berserker that deals the second lowest single target damage!

Probably because Vlad's NP does lower damage than the norm for Arts NP for some reason (600% vs. 900%), and even after his Interlude in London it just puts him back up to the standard 900%.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

thank you free 4-star campaign, god bless :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Got all three pirate ladies in 60 quartz. :toot: Was hoping for a Victor from the Moon, but I'm quite happy with this.