Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

DrManiac posted:

Does this event ever spit out octuplet crystals? That's the only thing holding me back from being able to ascend Hercules twice

The 30 AP quest in the next segment drops 5 as a completion reward and is farmable for the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

a kitten posted:

Can someone link the spreadsheet thing with the drop rates and locations please? I thought i bookmarked the drat thing, but apparently not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview

NA on the second tab.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

the_steve posted:

Realized I had a summon ticket, decided to toss it into the void since I've given up all hope of getting anything good from the Gacha, ended up pulling the Black Grail.
I don't know how to feel about this, I mean, what's an effective use for it?
Right now, my team is pretty much beatsticks and waifus: Mash, Medusa, Hercules, Emiya, Attilla, since the game doesn't require strategy or team composition yet.

Black Grail goes on anyone who has a strong NP and can generate NP really fast to mitigate the damage penalty. Right now, the ideal user is either Medea who can pop NP turn 1 with some skill leveling, or someone else who has an NP charge like Kintoki + Waver.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Postal Parcel posted:

So what's a good idea of when Merlin might hit US shores?
New Years? February?

New Year's-ish, but the one after the coming one.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I can't find it currently, but at one point I stumbled across a site that had a slider to show you what the stats would be of a given servant from levels 1-100. So if I wanted to check what Cu would be like when grailed to 90, I could do so (the implication being to compare him against a 4* like Liz). Does anyone know where this site/info was or was it all a fever dream on my part?

Gamepress? It's not a slider but it has their entire curve graphed. https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/servant/cu-chulainn

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

We know that some of Aniplex na people reads reddit/other social media, we know they're reacting to everyone saving for half a year or more for their favorite servants, this feels like it's half a signal for 'stop thinking you know everything'

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

LibrarianCroaker posted:

It's the best source of rare prisms, yeah.

There’s no Astolfo, you’d need that too.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, because I have nothing better to do with my time, I was thinking about the whole thing about Solomon being classified as a 'Grand Caster'. I wonder if we'll get to see any other Grand level servants pop up, and who they'd be.

I had a few ideas:

Susano'o for Saber

it's gonna be altria dude

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

BlondRobin posted:

Ozy is a terrible rider inasmuch as he doesn't ride anything, but his entire power is that of his empire and the faith built around him. If you somehow deprived Ozymandius of 'Egypt,' he'd be literally powerless.

Ozy is a Rider because he literally rides; the space lasers in GO are from the ship which carries the sun out of Egyptian mythology. As hosed as the class system has gotten, this is completely simple. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_solar_ships

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Rorahusky posted:

I don't think you can farm the Exhibition Quests.

You farm it by OHKOing Scath and withdrawing if she doesn’t drop the CE.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Who cares what Reddit thinks about things enough to keep posting about how awful they are

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Exia posted:

My personal tier list has Saber Shiki at 10/10,
Because I could listen to Maaya Sakamoto all day and not get bored. I�m strongly considering giving into temptation and Grailing her to 100

Don't, I like having the only one

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

I’m curious, are there any comprehensive LPs of the English version on YouTube or twitch or wherever by people that aren’t unbearable? I’m vaguely curious about the English translation but not enough to play through the game a second time.

There’s a guy plain old dumping the VN segments on youtube if that helps? https://youtube.com/channel/UC_ZWfvG32Xko1ticcXM21QA

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

Should I remind you all that Mash's name was originally romanized as Mattheu? Would it be better if we used that, since it came from the original staff and not the localizers?

Yes? Giving her a pseudo-knightly name is much better than odd nonsense and the French-ish spin on the end as Mattheu and not Matthew is a nice bit of foreshadowing/background acknowledgement.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Ryuunosuke summoned Caster Giles without catalyst and Medusa also allowed herself to be summoned without catalyst by Sakura, becouse Sakura was in the same situation Medusa once was and Medusa wanted to help., just out the top of my head, so you definitely can summon Servants without using a catalyst.

quote:

Catalyst list:
Medusa: Mirror dug up from a temple in Eritrea. An item with ties to an old Earth goddess of Greece.
Medea: Literature, from Colchis, with ties to Medea .
Kojirou: The mountain gate.
Hasan: Since Hasan is the origin of the word Assassin, the class of Assassin itself is Hassan's catalyst.

Chu Chulainn: A jewel on which is engraved an original rune inscribed by Chu Chulainn. It had been crafted into earrings.

(Others are the same)

The only apparent edge case out of SN/Z is just Gilles

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

Correct. To date, he's the only character that's gotten a buff that isn't an interlude or strengthen (or indirect like adding skadi)

Not quite true; Mordred (Rider) got her NP gain straight doubled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Shipon posted:

Oh that's really horrible if true, I got the 11 Pro because I thought it would speed things up OS-wide but if it turns out that the game I play most doesn't actually work right with it, well I kinda hosed up.

It’s not about the os, it’s something specifically related to the X-design phones that they’ve embarrassingly refused to fix for over a year.