Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Who the hell is localizing this? Because it's not like we've gotten officially localized games that have already used Artoria or anything... oh wait, WE DO.

That's also far too close to Altera, who is a completely different Servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It's not like everyone necessarily watches the stream, and the big issue is again we're looking at just under 10 years of official english releases of works about this property that have all used basically the same name, and this one is a radical change - and not for the better. You can get Arthur out of Arturia(or Artoria), whereas Altria is just a mess in english. Again, it also reads way too close to Altera. If the change is coming about via actual Type-Moon interference then it doesn't really cast too many aspersions on the rest of the translation (aside from what else they might be interfering on), but it's still really annoying.

I mean, if it was just stuff like the fan translation of Fate/stay night using that name it'd be one thing, but these are products Type-Moon has overseen and signed off on.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 22, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, after playing as part of the JP launch, only to drop out after the emulator ban hit, I'll at least give it a shot again. Somewhat interested to see what all the QoL enhancements afterwards were about too.

Here's hoping I can have as much luck this time around as before. Hopefully can get Caster Tamamo and Scathach again when they release, though I'd like to pick up Jeanne this time as well. Alter of course released well after I was gone, though she's another highlight to pick up eventually.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Alter's only a 4*, so probably not. Still a great roll, but it's not one of the insane ones I recall were occasionally posted years ago (like 3+ of the same 5* Servant in a single roll).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

alter is the best servant currently in the game except for waver, so actually koth is wrong and that's insanely good

...The Servant is great, the luck needed to draw her isn't because she's still only a 4*. This isn't "well I just rolled 2 copies of Jeanne and a Kaleidoscope" levels of all the luck ever needed.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Alright, calling it a night. Will continue rolling in a few hours. Here are some rolls I don't really want for one reason or another, but someone might.
All passwords are 1111. Make sure to quote it if you're taking it.

jNKg9bpJWN:
Carmilla/Marie
Kaleidoscope/Imaginary Element x 2/Gem Magic: Antumbra/Angel's Song

bkQGZsA9J8:
Red Man
Angel's Song/Heaven's Feel/Imaginary Element

Sd6kMxs9nE:
Martha, Marie
Divine Banquet x 2, Angel's Song, Projection, Iron-Willed Training

w7QMtr4zve:
d'Eon, Waver
Limited/Zero Over, Gandr, Imaginary Element, Be Elegant, Angel's Song

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

As a note, I'm currently sitting on a Waver, Heracles, EMIYA, Tamamo Cat x 2 account if someone wants to trade away a Jeanne account.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Oh, I have a very specific goal in mind.

Give me Waver you stupid game

The funny thing with this being I've rolled him twice. In fact, he's currently the ONLY 5* Servant I've rolled. One account with him got given away last night, but the other can be yours(along with a bunch of other good stuff) if you find a Jeanne before I do. Of course if I do find a Jeanne that account will probably go up here anyways.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tae posted:

Anyone? Do I just roll Chu, Martha, Kiyohime as my main party? Is there a point to have a party beyond the three?

There are multiple advantage triangles in the game, so there is always a point to having more than just 3 Servants, no matter how good.

Saber beats Lancer beats Archer beats Saber. Rider beats Caster beats Assassin beats Rider. Berserker is strong against all previously listed classes, but in turn is also weak to all of them. Shielder (Mash's class) both takes and deals reduced damage from literally everything in the the game.

Also, as the difficulty gets harder, it's not uncommon to lose frontline Servants, so you really want trained up back row ones as well.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

C'mon game, cut me a break here. Well, here are some at least middling accounts in the meantime, should anyone be interested. PW is 1111, and just make sure to quote it if you take one.

yU5daGhAqQ:
Siegfried, Martha, Marie
Angel's Song, Be Elegant

xbpN77gJJf
d'Eon, Heracles
Angel's Song, Iron-Willed Training x 2, Projection, Divine Banquet, Gandr

Ndn58289AY
EMIYA, Marie
Be Elegant x 2, Gandr x 2

7Jzpx4YD1D
d'Eon, EMIYA
Heaven's Feel, Be Elegant x 2, Projection, Iron-Willed Training

YbGrdDs4tw
EMIYA, Stheno x 2
Gandr x 2, Be Elegant, Projection, Divine Banquet, Primeval Curse

C8Mmvy6EvS
EMIYA, Carmilla
Gandr, Iron-Willed Training, Divine Banquet

9Pwc3q7JTt
Martha, Elizabeth
Limited/Zero Over, Formalcraft, Projection

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

That's Bond Level experience for each Servant in the diamonds. It does do stuff, but it's not the same as actual level up experience, which in this game you do not gain for Servants through battles.

Instead you level up Servants (and CEs) through the enhance tab by feeding them other cards in their category - if you go look at your Servant inventory, that's why you have all those seemingly pointless class cards of different colors. You can feed actual Servants to other ones as well through the same area, but that's not something you generally want to do this early.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nyaa posted:

As the MC said, "Are you an idiot?"

Edit: Serious answer: He won the grail war already, so that means he did beat the original saber. The reason he can't beat her now is because she got other servants to work for her. Gameplay wise, lancer CAN beat her because Protection of the wind is that good.

Another serious answer: Lore-wise, a Lancer Cu might very well defeat Saber Alter, because her Luck takes a huge hit (goes from A+ to C). Her luck is the only thing that saved her from being killed in the VN because it's the only way to even have a chance of dodging Gae Bulg's curse.

Really though, he just likes being that class far more.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Assassin is theoretically easy to win with if anyone in one of the wars with one actually played to the strength of the class. That is, ignore the other Servants and assassinate the opposing Masters when their Servant is otherwise engaged. Just none of the ones we know of really ever tried.

The Caster class is basically screwed though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Even Zero, the 4th War itself, is off, though, because there are problems in the background that even the three families aren't aware of, nothing goes the way people anticipate, and on top of that, Gilgamesh was not the best choice Tokiomi Tohsaka could have made when it came to Servants and they weren't terribly compatible.

For those of you wondering what the primary background problem in the 4th War was, without reading through reams of Nasuverse stuff, it's honestly fairly simple. In the 3rd War, one of the three primary families - the Einzberns-decided to try and summon a new and awesome Servant with a completely new class outside the initial seven in order to try and get a leg up on everyone else. Well, they succeeded - they summoned Angra Mainyu "All the Evils of the World" as an Avenger-class Servant. There were just two slight problems. One, Angra Mainyu turned out to just be some guy his tribe had sacrificed in order to ritually purge themselves of all sin and thus was just some random dude with terrible stats and abilities. Two, he actually did represent ALL THE EVILS IN THE WORLD, so when he got shanked and reabsorbed by the cup, it basically became completely corrupted. Permanently.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I did! It used up most of my QP! But I did!

It figures that Jeanne would cost so much that you can't actually use her out of the gate.

You can totally use her immediately, it's just you can only use her (or another 5*) alongside Mash and a support Servant. They won't fit along with your tutorial 4*.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

What really set the scandal off was at least one person was streaming their attempts to get the character. And they just KEPT.SPENDING. MORE.MONEY. Like seriously, I want to say they ended up spending somewhere north of $3,000 US looking for whatever the SSR was. Aside from the drop rates issue, this was also the event that resulted in Granblue implementing the spark system, where if you make enough rolls (300, or 30 10-rolls) within a specific period, you can just flat out pick one of the characters or summons available.

Anyways, have some Heracles, 5* Servant, or dual 5* CE accounts. As usual, PW is 1111, and make sure to list it if you take it.

DfURwZqUB3
Elizabeth, Altera
Be Elegant x 2, Imaginary Element x 2, Divine Banquet

an875ES9Zw
EMIYA, Arturia(or Altria, I suppose)
Primeval Curse, Imaginary Element, Be Elegant x 2, Angel's Song, Divine Banquet, Iron-Willed Training

KaTenYsaHf
Stheno, Atalanta
Iron-Willed Training, Verdant Sound of Destruction

979zXWBQpv
Martha, Heracles
Formal Craft, Be Elegant, Gandr, Projection, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra x 2

C7KQqgzW6k
Siegfried, Heracles
Heaven's Feel, Be Elegant, Divine Banquet, Gandr

GzWVJTMcZu
d'Eon, Marie
Imaginary Around, Kaleidoscope, Gandr x 2, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra, Primeval Curse

EV5W2FTFqB
Martha
Heaven's Feel, Kaleidoscope, Verdant Sound of Destruction

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 27, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

There is literally a hidden attribute in the game called Saberface, and yes, there are enemies/Servants that get a bonus against them (though none currently in the game, I believe). Yes, Jeanne is one of those with that attribute.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

what are good servants to pair with medea besides shielder

edit: do NOT say jason

Good thing Jason isn't even a Servant so someone can't even ironically do that. And given how much the Nasuverse plays up just how much of a dick he is with basically no redeeming qualities, I don't think a version of him will ever get released either.

On other matters, managed to drag myself through both the 40AP red quests despite my own Servants only topping out ~lvl 20. Thankfully Jeanne can absorb an incredible amount of damage and give the lvl 40+ support Berserkers I've been sniping when available time to work. Now I just need the taunt CEs to be released so I can do that more reliably. And/or the giveaway to happen so I can get hold of my own Heracles already. Don't really feel up to trying the triple part green 40AP quest line though, especially given the garbage you can get as final bosses in the Knight class ones (gently caress Nero's Imperial Privilege or Proto Cu's Concealment).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Kyte posted:

Actually they plan on introducing him due to popular demand.

He's a dick, but he's a lovable dick. :v:

I could have sworn seeing him described as effectively having Gil's personality, except with absolutely none of the good points or vaguely legitimate reasonings from a certain point of view, along with lacking the ability to actually back any of it up. Doesn't exactly sound very lovable to me, but I guess JAPAN(?).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Just get a decent number of levels into Cat. Good leveled Berserkers tend to buzzsaw through stuff at this point, and I don't recall Carmilla being an exception. Just keep Mash around and use her Invincibility spell along with your master concealment spell to keep them safe.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Oddly I've already got 3 Cursed Arm and only 1 Kojirou. I'd actually like more of Kojirou already instead of these dumb Bloodaxes I keep pulling.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Oh, hey, we're getting a whole single Golden Fruit(Apple?) tomorrow. For an issue that was(it's been fixed now) apparently causing the game to become unresponsive.

That, uh, seems rather minor compared to what I vaguely recall from the JP release or other mobages for similar things. Still, always good to start saving those up now.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

If it's not actual server downtime we're not getting them free quartz.

Speaking of which I'm not sure if I should be surprised the servers have apparently been running butter smooth since launch.

It's actually rather unfortunate in a way, isn't it?

But yeah, I wouldn't expect free quartz over an issue that isn't crashing the game for everyone. It just seemed that a singular fruit was a bit low for what was mentioned, rather than like two or three or so. Not really complaining since the issue hadn't affected me anyways(screw doing the 30AP Class quests) and free stuff is always nice, just trying to get a feel for what the compensations will likely be in NA.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 28, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Personally I'm prioritising buying summon tickets with mana prisms on the grounds that 4* EXP is easy to come by and quartz isn't. But others' mileage may vary.
The 40AP daily gives around 15k master experience, so if you're not a high level Master it'll probably give you a level and you can do it again.

No, this is the best advice. Hell, it might be worth putting it in the OP.

Quartz and Summon Tickets are a limited resource, while exp cards are not. ALWAYS buy the summon tickets first. The only thing someone using your Servant does is gets you friend points, which are nice, but ultimately can only get you up to 3* stuff. 4 and 5* stuff can only be obtained through the quartz/ticket summon, and unlike exp/fp those are not infinitely farmable(barring a bottomless bank account).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Vengarr posted:

What are gems, anyway? Getting a gem from a daily is the only Master Mission I haven't completed yet, I think.

Can you use Summon Tickets for 10-pulls, or are they only for 1-draws?

They're the spheres with class symbols on them. You should be getting some just by going through the story missions, and they're used to level up skills. The first of two missions in the current daily set that have them should be going up tonight.

And no, Summon Tickets are just single pulls each.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

To be fair, the 30AP Piece quests apparently rendering the game unplayable (by which I assume it means lock) is something of a critical issue. Though between it likely getting fixed fast and not too many people even touching those lovely quests it probably didn't affect too many people.

The other issue mentioned, some Servant not displaying correctly in certain circumstances, on the other hand would just be a minor annoyance that didn't actually affect anything.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

a kitten posted:

Why the change i wonder, it was Artoria in the official translations for fate/zero and UBW wasn't it? I was very confused by it in this game, i think i thought it was actually a different Saber altogether to be honest.

Supposedly this was a change ordered directly by Type-Moon, so blame it on the people there being poor at english. Or possibly they're just screwing with everybody.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It's certainly doable as, unlike certain other characters whose mats aren't even in the game yet, all she requires are pieces, but it'd be incredibly tedious because gold piece drop rate isn't great even in the 30AP piece quests. Like probably spending real money to buy quartz to do more grinding tedious.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Just like you can switch between the standard quartz banner(this is the story gacha) and the friend point banner, during rate-ups one or more additional banners are also added.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

there's like three versions of him. You talking about caster cucu?

All three versions have Protection from Arrows, so all three are pretty good at evade tanking. Caster Cu is terrible outside of that though. Prototype Cu is decent, but has something of a narrow niche. Fate Cu, on the other hand, is really bloody good for a number of reasons.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Televisio Frankus posted:

Not only that, but in an amazing show of pettiness, he takes Kayneth's liquid mercury construct and turns it into his personal anime maid.

Shame one of his students managed to show it a particular movie while it was still in the middle of being reprogrammed. :v:

It was show Terminator 2. I'll leave what detrimental effect showing an impressionable liquid mercury construct that movie might have had to the imagination.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Once you have access to a Herc with his first Ascension done (whether your own or a Support), you have access to three separate sources of making him immune to damage for a round (Mash, Master spells, Herc's own). USE THEM.

If you don't get a good card set in the opening round of a battle, just use one - battles are by far the most dangerous in that first round if you can't take one of the hands out immediately.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I was wondering actually, how late was Tamamo's gacha added? Mostly saving up for her and JAlter atm.

Edit: wait, that was listed a few pages ago. Sorry about redundancy.

Tamamo was initially obtainable (and rated-up) during the first Halloween event, but was removed from the gacha again afterwards. She was permanently added to the normal gacha when the London story chapter was added two months later. So the answer is "it depends." If they keep to the schedule of when Servants are permanently added, you'll have until the release of London, which was roughly 5 months after launch, to save up - or until Halloween if you want to acquire her early.

I'm not sure just how much they'll be accurately following that schedule though, especially given F/GO launched here a month earlier than the initial release. JAlter on the other hand you'll be able to save up for a very long time (bar an extremely early release for her).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Gologle posted:

IIRC, from what I read when researching whether I should save up for him, all of Gilgamesh's attacks, including Buster, does 5 hits of damage each, letting him wrack up a lot of NP gauge or crit stats, because both of those are tied to how much your Servant hits. I might be thinking of another Servant, but I'm pretty sure it's Gilgamesh.

Some others do as well, but this is definitely Gil's thing due to how his attacks work. Since he's just uses Gate of Babylon for everything, his standard attack pattern of "shoot lots of weapons at them" applies for all his attacks, just in different ways, and thus it's a bunch of hits.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Note that Jeanne's self-stun triggers immediately upon activating Luminosite Eternelle and this counts as one of the two turns, so even pre-buff she's only potentially polluting your pool for a single turn, not two. For obvious reasons make sure to have the NP be her last card for the turn you activate it, as any further selections are cancelled by the stun.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 3, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

All the interludes currently out, along with the free missions, simply have the reward of a saint quartz. Certain specific ones are also vaguely decent for farming ascension materials, but you'd need to go look that list up yourself.

Incidentally, it isn't actually a bad idea to do as many free missions and interludes you can at the moment, instead of just constant exp. runs, because there's nothing else going on at the moment. That will change.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Stuff in the profile is just lore/fluff so you know more about the Servant.

The God Hand thing in particular is because that was actually Heracles' active Noble Phantasm back in the original F/SN. He's supposed to be too insane as a Berserker to use a technique like Nine Lives in the first place, so his power was an inability to be hurt by any attack lower than A-rank, and 12 lives with adaptive protection so everytime he revives you can't kill him with the same weapon as a previous death.

The really hilarious/horrifying thing is that stock of extra lives would also regenerate over time. So hope you could manage to scrounge up 13 unique top tier attacks within a few days, because otherwise you're going to start losing work done. Alternatively find something so powerful it technically counted as killing him multiple times at once.

Regarding Jeanne Alter's popularity, she's also been known to do some really dumb stuff in order to try and outdo certain characters. A certain Christmas event probably being the shining example. :v:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Casters definitely have it worst; I think every Caster currently in the game requires Forbidden Pages. Almost every Rider is out too, because Horseshoes.

Speaking of Riders, is Teach actually in the gatcha right now? I've just realised I don't have him and I haven't seen anyone mention him since the NA release. Might he be on hold until Okeanos, like Euryale is?

Teach is definitely in, I've got like a 3/5 NP one on one account, and I've seen him on several others as well.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Surprise herc in prologue extra mission

Enemy Servant spam dodge skill and become almost impossible to kill

These are both still in. Certain bosses in the duel missions (Proto Cu, Marie, Emiya, various individuals with Imperial Privilege) are especially annoying. As for the Herc extra mission, I thought he was warned about during the story at initial JPN launch too?

Not sure the Wyverns are necessarily weaker this time around either, so much as all the exp. cards means people are running into them at significantly higher character levels, and with good support characters.

I mean, overall it's far, far better, and objectively pretty decent now. But not everything that was ever an issue is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Soon, Raenir Salazar, you will not be the only one in my friends list with a 70 Jeanne. Soon...

Eh, mine's sitting at 64 now. Just have other Servants I've been leveling up instead now for the most part. Some exp cards are still being tossed that way every now and then.