Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

NRVNQSR posted:

No more so than they are now. I'd possibly even argue they get better in future free quests, as the scrub enemy types get more and more HP but don't really get higher death resistance.

Also story quests get a lot more bulky mobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Skadi is actually a terrible bandaid for quick.

Because of the fact she makes quick so crazy good, they might never do proper improvement fixes for Quick because that’d make Skadi hyper Merlin.

Near every Quick based Servant post Merlin has on paper OP stats and skill wise compared to Arts and Buster Servants with only the weaknesses of Quick keeping them from snapping the game wide open.

That's pretty clearly how they've decided to "fix" Quick, don't mess with the attack type itself just overtune any Servant that relies on it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rorahusky posted:

The thing about Arts focused team is that while Tamamo is their 'defining' Arts Supporter comparable to Merlin and Skadi, Arts team are much more viable to people not willing to shell out fat cash on limited 5* Servents because of just how many good Arts supporters there are that aren't especially hard to get.

I mean for non-5* Buster support you have... what? Shakespeare and Leonidas? For Quick it's only Alexander and Atalante, but for Arts you have Mash, Mozart, Hans, Paracelsus, Helena, and CasGil.

I wouldn't call Mash, Hans, or Helena "Arts" Support. They can be good supports for Arts teams but all of them are flexible enough to go on near any team.

Granted, since they all have Arts decks and NPs they're easy to just slot into an Arts team.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

dogsicle posted:

out of all those i'd probably say mash fits arts more than most since she has a stall-oriented kit and stacks with the typical arts team defense shenanigans. hans is more splashable as a crit support but of course caster decks will always help arts do their chains disproportionately more, and arts crit is a specific arts flavor that has support as well.

helena is very much an agnostic support, though i dunno why you'd run her in quick

Helena's kit is very splashable, you've got NP Charge, some Star Gen, and Card Buffs. She's a jack of all trades support.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, isn't 8 the max cooldown she gets for leveling? Also maybe buff her NP gain skill a tad.

All of Helena's skills really need to have their cooldowns reduced.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

I actually think there’s a chance for a Fate character to make it into Smash.

Saber for Smash 2019 everybody.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

dogsicle posted:

it's fun to run them with dantes even though he's generally not ideal. at least for this one he got in some nasty crits and deleted jeanne, even though gilles is the dangerous one

It's either that or Angra Maniyu to deal with the Rulers for me.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Billzasilver posted:

London would’ve been better if mordred wasn’t stuck at level 45 or whatever the entire time.

I mean that's around the level enemies were balanced around.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I mean the entire leotard look Cu and Scathach have is a reference to how some Celtic warriors fought naked.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

I just threw the monthly tickets at the Da Vinci banner and drew my first 4-star Caster!

It's Gilgamesh. Can I have some advice for using him, please?

He's an Arts support support mostly. Pair him up with any sort of offensive Arts based Servant. He does well with crit servants too since he has a stargen buff. So any sort of Arts based archer is good, or if you have like Lancelot or Li Shuwen. His Noble Phantasm will make a ton of stars.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RanKizama posted:

What's the next thing we have to look forward to after Tower of Terrible Rerun?

Valentine's Day with Mysterious Heroine X Alter

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Apparently she beats things to death with a hospital bed. :laffo:

:allears: I love Nightingale

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gologle posted:

...it seems really cruel to give a miniature trojan horse to Hektor...

No Hector is the one giving you the miniature Trojan Horse.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dawgstar posted:

My luck is very weird. I'm now the proud owner of Medea Lily, Nitocris and NP2 Salter.

Is there anything I should know about the care and feeding of my new friends?

Nitocris is one of the best farm Servants in the game. She has of the best instant death attacks and a button that once you get her skilled up enough let's her NP on demand.

Medea Lilly is arguably the best pure healer in the game. Which is nice but you'll need other defensive supports because FGO places more priority on mitigating damage rather than healing it.

Saber Alter, especially NP2, will hit stupid hard with Excalibur Morgan. She has one of the highest raw AOE NP damage in the game

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Arbite posted:

Has a Jeanne ever reacted to the hatchet job Shakespeare gave her in Henry VI?

She's more pissed about what he pulled on her in Apocrypha.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I hope she is more technologically inclined than Rin!

She can use twitter and comprehend its functions properly so she's already got Rin beat.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Saber
Saber Alter
Saber Lancer
Saber Lancer Alter
Saber Archer
Santa Saber
Saber Lilly
Saber Assassin
Gothic Lolita Beach Maid Saber
Darth Saber
Cthulhu Saber

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 13, 2019

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stairmaster posted:

you know its weird that taiga wasn't a Quetzalcoatl psuedo-servant to go along with the two rins. Perhaps for the better but still strange

Its literally a reference to a joke made in FSN

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

taser rates posted:

Lol, Hans is even more welfare Merlin than before. Innocent Monster is now The Little Mermaid's Love, targetable and gives 16 stars and 10 np a turn for 3t.

:wtc: his kit is now better than some gold Casters.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Also a SR Nero Strengthening, Migrane now has an NP Charge and a conditional Arts buff. (Waterside or City Stages)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

There was a scene with them interacting at Nerofest where they kept praising themselves but thinking the other was actually praising them with only Nitocris seeing the fragile balance of power.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got Ozzy from the Camelot banner. :toot:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I feel the good boy is slightly better due to having a crit absorb skill

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kitfox88 posted:

They'll just poo poo everywhere, if my experience is common. :frog:

So is Rider of Shinjuku solid? I didn't get Archer of Shinjuku but I did get them, and they're my first avenger other than angry mango

He's solid, he'll do the jobs you'll expect of his class. He's not busted like his SSR buddies. Any boss you need to kill can be done with him.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BisbyWorl posted:

He's only a rider on the first fight, all others you have to deal with 600K combined HP with neutral damage while he's nailing you with the Avenger 1.1x attack. :ssh:

Clearly you just need to hold off a couple months until you get your Moon Cancer Servant so you can have class advantage. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shiny777 posted:

Goddrat the fight with evade-spamming Avengerized Lobo was a pain in the rear end to do while sticking to a 5x evil team. Shout out to Sodium Chloride's grailed Cu Alter, borrowing him instead of dragging along a Lunchtime support to try and wring as much bp out of this as possible was what finally let me scrape the win.

Tip for later people feeling this fight. Ignore Invincible also ignores evasion, and everybody playing now just got a CE that grants it from the Valentines event.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

dogsicle posted:

Charm and stun are the same except for obvious cases like servants or CEs having resistance to one of the two, or that charm is often limited

I feel like what they were originally going for was that stuns would be universal but more difficult while Charms had conditionals but were more reliable.

Like many aspects of Early FGO, this didn't work out.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got very lucky this event. Rolled Okita and got a CE drop while doing the story quests. :toot:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

When's the next okita banner after this? Kinda want her for collection purposes but I already have a Musashi and Saberlot for ST sabers, so I don't really want to burn quartz right now
In JP there was one for a convention (that will probably be repurposed) that appeared in September of this game's year, and then she'll be on rate up again a few weeks before the third Gudaguda event.

Not exactly a common Servant, other than those rate ups she appears on paid Gachas that have limited Servants.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That's fine I can just use this day for the Half AP EXP daily left over to get Nobu and Daishouri up to par.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stairmaster posted:

whys she on the moon cell tho

The Moon Cell records everything that happened on Earth and it can summon Servants from its records of them.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jack is the better Servant tbh

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Main Paineframe posted:

she is

plus I already have Musashi, so I don't particularly need Okita for actual fighting

but dammit, Okita is way cuter

Heck, same.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ytlaya posted:

So I'm looking at CEs, and isn't the 4* CE from the Chaldea Boys' event "Noisy Obsession" objectively superior to the 5* "GUDA-O" from this event? They seem to give identical stats (+20% crit damage and +20% NP strength limit broken), except "Noisy Obsession" also gives 15% increased charm chance.

Guda-O has better stats and being a shop CE is infinitely easier to MLB.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cuntellectual posted:

Mata Hari gets time to shine again, hell yeah. :buddy:

"Again" implies there's been a time before this.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I've grailed:

Bedivere
Summer Martha
Hans

Planning to grail:

B.B
Parvati.
Salieri.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shiny777 posted:

Can attest that an NP2 post-Interlude Fran with a level 20 Kaleidoscope and Overload at 6 does about 50K without any other damage buffs active. Been running an Ishtar/Spartacus/Fran frontline with the Mage's Association outfit and she's consistently been wiping 2/3 of the first wave and leaving Caesar barely clinging to life for normal cards to handle.

Fun fact Fran actually has the single strongest NP damage of any AOE Berserker.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sophism posted:

"(...) during the Sengoku* era.
*TL's note: Warring States."

"(...) for the bakufu!*
*TL's note: The shogunate."

:geno:

It's a joke son.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cuntellectual posted:

A significant amount of TM's fans are female, but I couldn't give you an exact breakdown.

A lot of them are just as into the girls, however, so there's not a massive incentive I guess.

Following Rin's example I see. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

zack clap snyder's clap fate stay night clap

I think this would actually be worse than his Superman films.