Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I'm doing analysis on some of the servants that are gonna be in the game at launch in 10 days and I'm posting them in the second op but here is a link regardless

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147896

I stole Endorph's template

The bluetext for Mashu's upgraded NP name shows over the spoiler box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

If I can get Altera and Nitocris at some point, I'll be happy. Gotta wait forever to get Melt anyways. Oh and Atalanta.

Oh and of course it is my life's mission to collect all the Cus. Just a full squad of Cus. Old Cu, New Cu, Girl Cu, Not-Cu, Cu With A Stick...

For what it's worth, Atalanta firt appeared in the Gil gacha, which was the first limited servant banner, which was within the first 2 months iirc.

On the topic ofgood low-rarity servants, David is absurdly good. Mostly because he's got a party-wide dodge which can really save your bacon against AOE NPs (here's to you, Camelot).

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

So if it's on a support does it also give me bonus FP when someone uses that support, or just the person using it?

Both of you get the boosted FP

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

So you gain levels by shoving items into your servants?

Spot on, and the Fou cards (the little dog-looking thing) increase a servant's max stats as well. Best to use them on the gold servants you'll be using a lot for best effect

Confirming that Kaleidoscope is great and keep-worthy. A lot of people rely on berserkers early on, and Kaleido fixes the glaring issue of them having horrible NP gain. Worth noting we will still get a free 4* servant of our choice later on, so you evenif you don't like the starter so much you'll have a chance to grab yourself a cooler servant

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Reddit has been pointing people at this list, which I assume is an accurate record of when the JP version got stuff.

edit: Even if they only keep the same approximate event schedule and not exactly the same rate ups Medea should still be in the second event. Which is good because I need her too.

Looks about right. Keeping in mind that since Aniplex is running the show, they may run events and associated banners in a different order (or not at all, I don't see a White Day event happening in its' Japanese form, since it just isn't a cultural thing in the west).

Bakanogami posted:

Honestly though, at this stage of the game I dunno if there are any 4 stars I would just straight up throw out. It's not like the servant bag is that small.

Astolof will make you eat those words in a years' time

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

This is a whole different game when piloting a Waver account. Considering how many friend requests I'm getting spammed with, it's a wonder all the Waver and Merlinbros on my JP friend list haven't ditched me ages ago.

NRVNQSR posted:

Okay, but what counts as "card effects" for NP cards? Let's say you have boosted Arts card effectiveness on Medea. Does Rule Breaker deal more damage? Does Rule Breaker increase the NP gauge more?

A bit more on this:
Increased effectiveness boosts the secondary card effect AND the damage, so a 50% Arts effectiveness buff will make the Arts card generate more NP charge as well as making them hit a lot harder.
The boosted secondary effect makes them better than a generic attack boost, but the tradeoff being they don't do anything to other card types (or the extra attack).

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Schubalts posted:

If it's the same dailies as the original release, yes, there are some materials that just do not actually exist.

e; Got the new Kiritsugu CE. Sounds like it increases debuff success rate against Casters (35% at base), in addition to invincibility penetration.

It's a damage boost against casters, which makes it actually worth using

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Virtue posted:

All my bitching got me a Jeanne. It's not Waver but I'm about ready to actually start the game now so here goes. Other than that I have a Stheno and Elizabeth which don't seem to be horrible.

If it makes you feel better, there'll never be a shortage of Waver accounts you can add as friends

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

the_steve posted:

I will be happy if I never see another loving wyvern again, that's for sure.

You say that, but then you realise how many knight classes need dragon claws for ascension/skills.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Kyte posted:

weird sleeve Sakura

Don't remind me

STILL haven't got a maxed 5* Shirou CE

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Vlad is cool and good, and I like that he's got a good rating. Granted he only becomes great after the strengthening quest for his second skill.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Second herc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOCJeqoWVo

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

who's the best assassin right now? I got so much assassin exp but no one to use it on

Kojibro and Hassan are great contenders

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

She has a defense debuff, and her NP heals/gives her an attack boost which is kinda neat.
We won't have an actual good assassin until London though, so she can put in a lot of work in the meantime.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

For the person asking about Arthur, he is worth getting solely because of Takahiro Sakurai and his cool fuckin NP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X4C_gNcs_c

ProtoArthur's animations are fantastic, I just wish his gimmick was actually good and consistent (as mentioned earlier, he's got a bonus against large enemies, but with an AOE NP) so he could get some proper use.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

That's going to be a really long sumemr event, considering the length of Summer2016 and that it was a 2-part event.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Pierson posted:

Somebody online said "FGO Lancelot sounds like Pyro from TF2" and now I can't take him seriously at all.

I always thought of him as a very anfry, very armoured Murloc. Especially with the wailing during his NP

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

You're kinda forgetting a thing about the Caster's NP: She gives everyone guts.

This is actually really important for that one particular fight during Nerofest 2: Umu Boogaloo

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

So long Artoria, I hope I never have to fight you ever again.

That QP requirement though :eyepop:

Skills are worse. Levelling a 5* servant's skill from 1-10 cost over 50mil total, per skill. That's about 160mil to max out a servant

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

escape mechanism posted:

I noticed that Lancelot and Gilgamesh worked well together, but I'm not certain who to pair them with. My usual crit star generator (Marie) lacks the tools to protect Lancelot.

Is there some incoming servant that synergizes well with that team?

When people say you can add Waver to any team and make it better, they're not kidding.
Once he's at 3rd Ascension and has unlocked his attack buff, he can charge one servant's NP by 50% and the other two by 20% which is super relevant, and means Lancelot can NP first turn with an Imaginary Element/limit-broken Dragon Meridian. Granted, you can't really do this if you're using your support slot on a Gil friend if you don't have your own Waver.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

All I know is that it took a week and about 500 AP to get just one Saber monument.
I know a lot of events also are meant to level/ascend welfare servants; are a lot of these also a case of "Well I could use this event and its time/resources for gathering materials for my main dudes, but if I do so I'll lose the chance to actually max out this cool servant they gave me" ?

Generally the same materials are used to buy extra copies of the servant to up their NP; the ascension materials are often, but not always, gained through the event's story or other requirements.

A couple of events even have a drawbox-type loot system (those of you who've played Granblue Fantasy will be familiar with this), where you farm event tickets which are used to roll in a finite-loot gacha box. You're guaranteed to get all the mats/QP/prisms once you empty the box, but you might hit all the loot you're looking for halfway through the box, and can reset it and roll in a fresh one.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

For sure, you'll regret not farming for the event servants. I only had KinRider at NP1, thankfully I had another single-target rider to tide me over until Onigaishima returned.
Another thing to watch out for; most of the welfare servants start off as 'temporary' until you get to a certain point (usually completing the event or trading a certain item in Scathassassin's case). Feel free to level and the 'temporary' one, just make sure to clear the requirement to keep 'em or you'll have burnt the EXP cards for nothing. Don't do what I did in last year's summer event and forget.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

one day nasu will write the shinji route

There's only one option for Shinji's True end

Kyte posted:

Rider Darius has more design space available but nobody cares about Darius except for Iskander. :v:

Darius owns

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Airspace posted:

I want to think about it, even though I feel like that's only going to lead to pain. But I have a slightly different question.

Why the hell are Assassins and Casters considered 'Cavalry'? They don't really ride anything. Is there a definition of Cavalry I'm not getting?

It's occasionally translated as 'four horseman', which is probably some parallel to the horseman of the apocalypse.

Assassins easily represent death, but the other three are open for a bit more interpretation.
War for Berserker, Famine for Casters (since casters tend to employ bounded fields), and Riders for Conquest.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Argas posted:

I don't know in terms of MAXIMUM OPTIMIZATION but you can basically max out a servant's fou stats by purchasing a full stack of both.

For maximum optimisation, I suggest using the 3* Fous to get the servant to +950, then wait for the bronze Fous from the friendpoint draw to fill out the rest

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Leonidas is scared of ghosts because they're not made of muscles.

This owns

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Compendium posted:

As someone who has NP2 Da Vinci on JPN, ehhhhhhh could be better.

Or cheese it even more by just waiting for Shiki to be released for that insta killing :V

Why wait for Shiki when we have two Gae Golg users and Zabinaya right now?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm pretty sure the Interludes menu only shows you interludes for Servants you have? Mine doesn't have Emiya on it, for example. And I don't think that menu shows interludes in chapter locations until you meet the requirements; before that you've got to go and find them in the chapters themselves.

Schubalts posted:

Yes. The Interludes menu shows every Servant that has an Interlude, whether or not you have that Servant (the button will be fully colored), and then if you have met the conditions to actually do that Interlude (the button will show AP cost and battle count).

The interludes menu under Chaldea shows interludes that don't sit on a mission node (thus not requiring any story progression to access), but will also give you a shortcut to other interludes you have met the ascension/bond prerequesites for.
When we start getting Strenghening quests, those will also sit in the Chaldea interludes menu as well.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Be the one to grail Kojirou to 100
Shine on, lone swordsman

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I like Santa Alter, but the gentleman asked for what are the good riders coming up not "What Rider do i find hilarious and feed KFC to?"

This was a nice touch. It was pretty neat they made the xmas glutton servant have buckets of KFC being her ascension materials, considering the weird cultural significance Japan has around Christmas KFC

Compendium posted:

Iskander's specialty is being a bruiser type Rider. He hits and hits hard and he'll help your party hit hard. First two skills boost ATK and NP power for the whole party and his third skill boosts his own Buster ATK. His NP gain isn't bad, but it isn't the best and he can absorb stars to do heavy crit damage.

So it kinda matches, but he's not the most flexible Rider to use in a party unless you're steam rolling Casters and Berserkers.

Iskander's main problem is that he's sort of a worse Drake, in that she basically has Iskander's first two skills on the same button.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

TheFireMagi posted:

If you already have NP 5 of a Servant, any more duplicates are just for burning. No, there isn't anywhere in the XP Strengthening screen that shows NP level, which can get frustrating. However, if you go to a Servant's profile, you have the option to Lock them on the left side of the screen, which prevents you from burning or feeding them. You can also Lock CEs as well.

You can filter cards by NP level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

That's the first non default outfit in the NA version. It's abilities are

Arts Up (1 Ally) (1 Turn)
Critical Star Drop Rate Up (1 Ally) (1 Turn)
Remove Buffs (1 Enemy)

It's not very good unless you're running some bizarre arts crit team.

Bizarre? That's how the original Vlad crit Arts team works