Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I just hit Level 70 and I've been consistently able to take on Jeanne by grinding her down since she doesn't deal much damage and then piling on with Vlad in my backline. Anything above that is a crapshoot. Chevalier D'Eon has been doing good work, they've been a powerhouse for me ever since I pulled them. I like Siegfried, but...he's kinda rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Which room is best for Living Corpses? I've got to kill hordes of them and then I should be more or less finished.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
First time managing to clear out all the missions, and everything bar magic gems is out of the store. And with days to go. This was a very good event, I got so many gears.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

Add me if you want some Arts team goodness goons

Sent. Name of Dan

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

a kitten posted:

Well poo poo.

My half rear end, "not really sure why i'm doing this" single ticketing just got me Waver.

I need a minute here.

Waver popped out on a ticket for me as well, and I don’t think it really registered for a while. He’s an absolute monster, enjoy it.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Waver, Avenger, and Saber Alter took that quest down handily. I was a bit worried since Waver and Saber needed to NP to clear the second wave, but Waver survived a big hit from Caligula with 8 HP and Caligula himself went down very quickly to focus fire.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Pierson posted:

Yeah according to the reddit guide tonight is:

Round 1: Wyvern Evil (lv33 Caster) 10,2k HP Wyvern Evil (lv36 Caster) 11,2k HP Wyvern Evil (lv33 Caster) 10,2k HP
Round 2: Wyvern Origin (lv58 Rider) 203,2k HP - -
Round 3: Amakusa Shirou (lv85 Ruler) 143,5k HP Jeanne d'Arc (lv88 Ruler) 172,5k HP)

I'm just gonna burn command seals on Dantes to wipe out Amakusa before he can get up to any bullshit with his buff-stripping NP.

That sounds...unpleasant.

My best bet is probably a lead of Waver, Avenger and Vlad, with Shiki and...Emiya, I guess in the back line. Front 3 try to gain NP on the first wave, then swap in Shiki for Vlad, use Waver to get her up to 100% NP and gank the wyvern, then hopefully she dies so I can chain Unreturning Formation, Kazikli Bey, and Chateau? Maybe spend a command seal to NP with Avenger again if I need it.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
The plan with Shiki murdering the wave 2 Wyvern went well, and then I was actually able to smash down Amakusu without using Avenger’s NP. Jeanne eventually took down him and Shiki, but then Vlad cleaned up easy.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
5 tickets, 120 quartz...and stone nothing. A few event CEs and no servants above 3 stars. I’m a bit salty.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I was super salty for a bit that saving up quartz for about 4 rolls on the JAlter banner got me no SSRs, but after about a day I looked at my team again and appreciated all their hard work, particularly EMIYA and Waver, and I was content to grind again.

Helps that I got my 150-day bonus quartz and pulled Artoria on the F/Z rateup. I know objectively she’s not that great, but I’ve been a huge fan of her character design since I first heard of F/SN and it’s very nice to have her on the team.

It’s tricky how the game is definitely exploitative, and yet I enjoy the hell out of it anyways. Not sure of the solution.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Anyone got a good Tamamo and space on their friends list? Mine's stuffed with Wavers and I already have him, I could use her sustain since just chaining 2x Unreturning Formations gets a bit boring after a while. I've also got Orion, Vlad, and Seiba as 5-stars.

ID: 324,421,685

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Sent. Running full event CEs too.

Cheers, thank you!

Tired Moritz posted:

I have a tamamo with maxed out fox's wedding and the ushi CE. 836,916,041

Thanks! But the game tells me you're maxed out on friends.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

huh, really? It says I got 53/60 on hand. Maybe it's because I got a bunch of requests that I haven't rejected.

Rittz(SA), right? Just tried again and got the same result.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Well, I just send a request to you instead. If it still doesn't work, then idk.
That worked, thank you!

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

That reminds me, is D'eon any good? I kinda want to use her(?) after seeing the formal dress ce.

They were certainly better than Siegfried as a 4-Star Saber, but I found their Noble Phantasm to be pretty awful against a lot of the trash mobs, and I never really tried them against something big. If I was running a no-support Saber team they’d make it since D’Eon is more than just a beatstick like Artoria or Alter, but if you want a beatstick, they’re subpar.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I'm still unsure how to handle the 6M HP Ibaraki. I'm not going to try today, since I'm running the standard Orion/Tamamo/Waver frontline and the hands having advantage on Orion is probably too much, but even without that, Ibaraki will still deal like 4000 HP a hit, and my healing can't really keep up. I'm at the point where 1M HP is a cakewalk- if I fully buff Orion, Tri-Star at the end of the NP chain deals about 1.2 million- but I can't see charging up enough NP to consistently outheal the damage she puts out.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for the advice earlier, thread, I finally managed to clear the 3 BP node with Orion/Tamamo/Waver after having burned all 3 command seals on earlier attempts. Got good RNG so that I was able to control the fight well with NPs. It's a nice feeling of accomplishment!

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Dual shockers indeed.

:golfclap:

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

So is optimal grinding for people who can fit all their bonus servants/CEs on the same team to spend all AP on the scripture node and get currency from India?

This sentence looks like odd geopolitical commentary; it’s great.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

two things:

first thing, i MLB'd my three heroes CE to put on best murder daughter jack for your farming needs, please hose her down of gore and dragon viscera before return

second thing, i changed my in game name to:

Gudako has yet to demonstrate that she is dynamite with a laser beam. :colbert:

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Maaaaan, I have some quartz saved up, do I roll for Scathach(who I really want) or save up for all the summer servants/Camelot bros?

I think getting NP 2 on Emiya is probably what I’ll go for on the free 4-Star ticket, I don’t really need any of the ones I don’t have and Emiya is so good.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Omobono posted:

I have no 4* or 5* assassins. Stheno or Carmilla? Carmilla feels more useful.

EMIYA spooked me three times between Rashomon and Journey, but I already have Gilgamesh at 90. Should I level him up for Onigashima, or should I consider him a more long-term project?

EMIYA's done great work for me on an Arts team. Sure, his NP is Buster, but 3 Arts cards consistently leads to Arts chains, and he always surprises me with how much damage a brave chain puts out.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I've been impressed by the amount of fangs/scales I'm getting killing the dragon on the Nightingale node. I farm that one for scrolls or whatever they're called, then kill Karna and Arjuna for 30 drops.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Decided to roll. Was rewarded.

Thank you, Shishou.

Rogue 7 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 7, 2018

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Motto posted:

Should be around the end of the month, game originally launched here June 25.

Nice of the game to give me a birthday present.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I had scathach already but my roommate didn't and wanted her super loving bad.

Ended up with NP2 TamaCat, NP2 Marie, too many hoenheims, 2 2030's, Assassin EMIYA and Francis Drake :argh:

Now they have the full gun team.

They also have 5 2030's so they could theoretically throw all 5 on one team and party down with 24 crit stars every turn.

2030 doesn't trigger on the backline, does it?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Orion/Waver/Tamamo has been serving me very well since I’m out of embers (pulled Shishou last week and spent everything on her...after leveling Orion for Onigashima and such) for Euryale. It very much helps that unlike the time with Ibaraki, this team is functionally immortal.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Is there going to be a way to grind the damage point ladder after we kill the red Oni? I want to make sure I max ascend Ridertoki, but the next couple of days are going to be poo poo with school and a new job.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Shiny777 posted:

There's one more raid boss to close out the story after the red oni, and then post-story there's rematches with all three oni.

Excellent, thanks.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

It's only a model.

Shush!

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

UHD posted:

friend code is 073,881,050 (thank you game for putting commas in there, is that so hard japanese gacha games)

i already did all the story missions for the oni whatchamacaller but even with a cartoonishly big titty helper i can't do better than the lv 25 flavor of boss

i'm kinda glad this game doesn't really seem to have power creep because regardless of her actual utility i like medusa a lot :shobon:

e: yeah my master's name is penelope, if you're gonna give me a face i'm gonna give it a real name

Medusa's been consistently good for me as well, especially now that she has her third skill. I baby her a bit, since she's my favorite, but she does good damage and has a decent set of skills.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Ugh, I don't know if I'll be able to NP 5 Rider Kintoki at this rate. My day tomorrow is pretty much completely booked and I think I still have to grind out 600 drops without any CEs.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Oh man, your second round with Mordred-
I was rolling with double Orion+Waver for maximum NP control- along with Orion's class advantage makes it a super-good team. But I didn't check and see that there were two phases to the fight, so I blew one of Waver's NPs before I realized a)she doesn't NP in the first round and b) that there are two rounds. Class advantage chunked it out in the end, but it was a very near thing. I had to sub in Mash to keep my Support Orion alive so she could finish off Mo-san with another Tri-Star.

Plot is great so far, looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Rolled on the Knight banner because honestly I was far more excited to get any of the servants on that than on Cavalry, where I already had best boy Waver, Iskander, and Vlad for 5-stars, and Jack has never interested me. Got a gold lancer card and was mentally preparing myself to live with NP 2 Scathach, but it turned out to be Lartoria. Also pulled a few decent CEs that I'm happy about.

Now to begin the grind...

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I don't know why you would have thought you'd get a limited servant that's not in the summon.

Lol tats what I get for not reading closely.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

‘Tis a silly place.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Are these going to be in-game or is this just an art thing?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Having seen you folks' luck, I tried a ten pull myself. Naturally I got... Astolfo. So, sure.

Astolfo is good people. I wouldn’t be upset if he joined my crew.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Didn’t Camelot hint that First Hassan might be the Grand Assassin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

So, I'm really late to the party as far as Camelot goes, but does anyone have advice for fighting [spoilers]Mordred[/spoilers]? I probably have everything I need to beat them, but not sure what would be most effective, since I'll be fighting them tomorrow night.

I used the standard Waver/Tamamo/Orion Arts team. Waver and Orion both have NP drain as part of their NP and Tamamo has curse. It’s tough, though, because she can pop her third skill and hit you with a Clarent Blood Arthur. If your defenses are up it’s survivable, but more than once can really hurt the Casters. But Tri-star Amore Mio will be dealing huge damage (I would even consider using the base Mystic Code for its single target attack buff) so the fight should be over fast.