Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Ronald Reagan 5* Heroic Spirit, he's the most deified president.

Trickle Down [Ex] - Raise Attack and lower Health of all 4* and lower servants for 4 turns [cooldown 4 turns].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Tired Moritz posted:

next thing you're gonna tell me Alfosto isn't real.

Astolfo is actually the most accurate depiction in all of Fate.

Uncanny

EGSunBro fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 1, 2017

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Just spent 300 quartz on the summer gacha and didn't get a single servant above 3*, or any copies of the 3* I haven't maxed yet. Man I've never felt so crushed by a video game. I'm glad I don't put any money in this, it would be heartbreaking.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
The ultimate goal in FGO is to be that guy that has like 2 dozen maxed Mata Haris

It's something we all strive for

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Sophism posted:

Not sure if anyone has posted this one before. But... um...

https://www.facebook.com/rexlent/posts/718061761726950

powerful

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

WrightOfWay posted:

Odysseus wouldn't be a servant because he made up the whole story in the Odyssey to hide the fact that he spent the ten years after the Trojan War drinking his way across the Aegean.

Not actually being real/doing anything in no way precludes you from being a servant as long as you have a legend.

EGSunBro fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 16, 2017

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Parvati is a 4* while Ishtar is a 5*. This is a grave injustice

also not huge on that look tbh

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Hassan update looking good. Now update Carmilla please

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
The gist of it is that Merlin and Tamamo are such crazy buff machines that Buster and Arts teams have little in the way of weaknesses while being able to do Quick teams jobs only a bit less effectively. Power creep is a bit much because a good Quick team can still stomp literally everything the game has, but yeah Quick is really lacking a defining support unit and is already kinda the hardest team to just throw whatever mediocre favorite servants into.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I just got through Camelot and yeah, the balancing in this game really rules, especially for a phone game. I get to use my ridiculous amount of Berserkers and can still clear the hardest stuff in the game, and the game gives you Mash who can carry basically any team. That said, some of the fights in Camelot really sucked and I hope the game takes a step back a bit, I'm ok with occasional stuff like Gawain but when it got boss rushy it got a little exhausting.

Also I rerolled on NA because I hadn't logged in in months anyway and got Tamamo in the first single pull after getting Herc and 2x Stheno in the forced 10 pull. I guess that's where my gacha luck has been this whole time.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I'm trying to rush through the Halloween event on NA and story Vlad dropped a Halloween Princess, judging by this thread I dodged a bit of a bullet there.

Need to take a break and grind some EXP hands though, level 12 Tamamo and Herc aren't really contributing at this point.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Schubalts posted:

Halloween 2017 starts in JP after the next maintenance, and it has an animation update for Camilla!

http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/halloween2017/

http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/1024jeiw/

Fantastic, hope they’re as good as Hassan’s new ones. Looking forward to Berserker Liz too.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Wow, amazing animation update on Camilla, 2 different Mecha Liz's and a non-limited Quick support 5* Assassin. This is a crazy update and I even get two of the sick new things. Don't have any quartz for the new Assassin, hope some of my whale friends go hard for her.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Part of the reason I like Fate is that the basic setting premise of the Holy Grail War is already really interesting and good, and then every single part of the franchise has some additional twist or fuckery layered on top because 7 mages with Hero Gods fighting to the death just isn't cool enough alone. Even the Hero Gods had their rules broken and twisted from the jump.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
60 quartz got me EMIYA and more importantly my first Medusa, Cu, and George. Still don't have a single Saber servant though, it's getting kind of ridiculous at this point. Only 1 event CE too and it was the 4*.

Not sure if I'm gonna raise up EMIYA or Nobu first, I use both pretty regularly on JP so I'm not particularly drawn one way or the other.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

SpaceDrake posted:

This was literally me during 2nd Anniversary. Nightless Caster, why can't you be even a little bit good :negative:

I got Scheherazade when she first dropped trying to get Penthesilea and thought "hey I'm already using MHXA, Finn, Seig, and Artoria how bad could she be?" Turns out pretty bad. I have Helena and Nitocris and they both just outperform her entirely, she's really only comparable to Finn in terribleness imo.

Unrelated, the tickets on JP got me Medusa Lily and Ishtar! I sank a ton of quartz for Ishtar before so this is great, plus I get to complete the Medusa trifecta.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Taiga gets featured a ton too, I must of pulled a couple dozen of her by now and I only just “unlocked” her yesterday. Bediveres still NP1 forever for me though.

The special 30 quartz made me finally push to finish Part 1, man what a cool final chapter. Friend Jalter carried through the final fights, haven’t had to do that in a while.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
The best caster is Nitocris because her instant death NP has been a thousand times more useful than the low chance for it hitting would point too. Also she has amazing hair.

Is there a general rule for how to progress through 1.5? Kinda overwhelmed by choice now. I know Shinjuku has the Lobo fights that walled some people.

Tae posted:

If they're going to make different versions of the same character, I'd probably prefer them branching to different classes at least.

I think the Alters, some Lilys and Bride are the only times this isn't true. They do a good job making the repeat servants mechanically interesting.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Thanks for the advice on 1.5. Its been easy enough since my servant pools pretty broad now, but the advice definitely helped against some of the bosses I'm running into.

I threw the 90ish quartz and 15 tickets the game gave me this week at Circe, didn't get any servants but did finally get my first Kaleidoscope after like 13 months of playing! This is gonna make my hand grinding even easier, I'm pretty stoked for a CE for the first and probably only time.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
5 tickets got me Nursery Rhyme, March of the Saint and somehow my first Robin Hood. Pretty good deal. The game seems to really want me to have Archers and Casters on NA, it runs pretty counter to my Berserker and Lancer luck on JP.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Welfare Altera is great, her NP is amazing too

Can't wait to roll Ereshkigal in one 10 roll

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Hate-Senpai posted:

Wait you're not Ibram Gaunt.

The difference is my confidence is baseless and I will get a shirtless Kirei instead

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
No Erishkigal but I got CasGil and my second Medusa Lily from the 10-pull, so I'm pretty happy. I'm still leveling Circe so Gils gonna be on the back burner for a bit though.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
lol the only gold card all those tickets got me was Stheno. I have her NP3 on NA so I guess we're just tight. I think I have every single gold servant who's considered bad on JP now.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

LightningSquid posted:

Loving that Hans that's grailed to 100 but all of his skills are level 2

Yeah that stands out way more than the person who just loves Caster Gilles. How do they not have even the blue gems?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Man the JP servers are getting hammered. It was only up for about 30 minutes this time.

Managed to get my guaranteed pull in since I had iTunes money ready anyway, and got Herc and Merlin. Probably the best single pull I've had in this game haha. They can wait for Frankenstein and CasGil to finish being maxed out first though.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I've now pulled 5 copies of Hercules within 90 quartz, although split between NA and JP unfortunately. Look Herc I love you too bud but you gotta let other servants get a chance.

Also man with my only sabers on NA being NP 1 Fergus and Caesar this events kinda rough to grind through.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I only had 30 quartz after I pulled for Musashi and didn't get anything, so I expected nothing but:

also my first Caster Gilles somehow?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
The new event just makes me even more sad about all the servants I want to level but haven't been able to get to yet. Jaguar Man, Finn McCool, Merlin, I'll get to you guys eventually I promise.

But any event that makes me bust out Scheherazade to get stuff done is cool in my book.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Tae posted:

I'd just be happy with any gold servant

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Pureauthor posted:

Mystery Servant is Kiara.

Kind of a letdown.

That’s kinda disappointing, but what isn’t is weekly missions giving 3 quartz fragments each from now on.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Final new Strengthening quest is uh, Melt. Huh.

Not gonna lie really thought this was finally gonna be Arturia, but I got Liz, Carmilla, Scheherazade and Martha upgrades so I'm not gonna complain too loud.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
10 tickets from today got me Passionlip so that's rad. Happy to have a Sakura-face since I missed BB.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Endorph posted:

is ibaraki in this event a servant? it seems like she is but gil might just be very powerful even without his conditional triggering

She is a servant iirc but Gil is also very powerful. And very handsome.

Tired Moritz posted:

I like Martha but I wish she stopped blushing when I level her up.

Is Rider Martha gonna be useful in any future content?

Martha's kinda never great but she definitely can be useful. She's a support servant based around a defense debuff NP and healing/removing debuffs on her teammates. Her damage is weak and there are better supports but she's far from bad, I use her a lot because I like her and until recently she was my only non-charity gold rider on JP and she's never a burden.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Ey I got Okita in a single ticket, rad. Now my quartz is safe for Lostbelt Lancer/Summer.

Meanwhile in NA the last gold servant I got was NP3 Hercules like 4 months ago, but I'll take E-Rank luck on NA in exchange for the frankly absurd luck I've had on JP lately.

3BP hasn't been super fun though.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Cuntellectual posted:

I think it's worth remembering that whenever FGO goes down in Japan, it's going down in NA so we won't get the "last" two years of content here.

There's no way the game doesn't dry up in NA and stop getting support and servers years before JP gets the switch flipped off. The JP market is gonna be profitable way longer like it is for every mobage. So yeah still right in that NA will probably not get a chunk of content ultimately.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I thought Summer Tamamo was Caster again just in a swimsuit like the other summer servants?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
2 10-pulls and 2 new copies of Gandr, nothing from my 10 tickets either. 200,000 FP and no event CE either. My luck on NA is getting cartoonish at this point haha.

Man I really hated doing the fully updated version of this event with maxed out CEs, I'm not excited to do this again so soon, but I really need basically everything available.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Okeanos is pretty good imo, not as strong as America on but I liked it more than London which I also thought was alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Hell yeah time for Ushi to get her third skill finally! And free Tamamo Cat so it's like I never lost my original NA account at all, great celebration.