Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Little strategy help required for the 3 AP Oni. I have Jeanne Alter and Waver for reference.
With a carp and support carp, I took down the Oni to about 1 m before fizzling. Reserves in order are Mash Leonidas and Cu "Irish Erakles" Chulainn. I don't think I have any other taunters. I'm assuming with full carps I should be able to take her down (there's a couple Wavers with MLB carp in the friend list)

Should I take down the hands when Jalter has no NP charged or take them on the chin? I've been running the Atlas uniform, should I use the plugsuit with my setup?

By the way, I kinda need gems for my Waver, blue and red versions. Where do I get them outside today's dailies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Missing 1 carp, the 2 AP Oni melts with MLB shana

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I've heard about the above servant (E: 3 posts up) and I decided to check it out.

Is "Jesus loving Christ this guy is bananas" an understatement by any chance?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I give up on 3BP, every time I try it everything that can go wrong does go wrong, Ibaraki gets constant 10k crits regardless of Waver defense buffs, every hand of cards I draw is the worst possible no matter the situation. Everyone talks about their Jalter doing insane damage but mine hits for half what everyone else's does for some reason I can't figure out.

It's not 100% RNG proof, but I can consistently defeat the 3BP Oni with Jalter (NP1), Waver and Waver, backline Mash George and Cu. That's with 3 carps plus an MLB carp from support. Once I got all 6 carps, I fully broke one of mine so I had an extra CE slot available with the same damage increase.
The only time I failed, Banana ate both Waver NPs to the face without getting stunned and critted Jalter for her max HP so you know, gently caress me I guess.

For the drunkard wave, the plan depends on the initial card spread. One Jalter card is decent, two is subpar, three or more is optimal. If you only get a card, try and kill the whole drunkard wave in a single turn, it should work. With three or more Jalter cards, try to kill a single drunkard per turn while building NP. With two cards you can either destroy the wave or try to delay, but a crit screws you on the latter choice.
Consider using Waver 1st skill during the drunkard wave so it's already recharging; try to finish the wave with some stargen if you can manage it.

Once you're against the Oni, use Waver attack buffs and then whatever you need to fully charge Jalter; pop every offensive buff you have and every Jalter skill and hopefully you have two other Jalter cards for a full chain. That's 1m (worst case scenario) to almost 3m (buster chain where both crit) off the banana.

The first banana turn Jalter is invulnerable and each single Waver can fully tank Banana + both hands without dying (although it's obviously suboptimal). Pop the defense buffs second turn onwards if you didn't already; when both are up the hands are a non-issue (double digit damage) and even a Banana crit deals only 4k.
Charge Jalter back up again while firing both Waver NPs sometimes during the next three turns; depending on the cards, you might be able to Jalter NP again with the attack buffs still up.

When the fast hand is at 2 charge again, swap in George, he can survive a turn and still have enough HP to die to the hand NP next turn (incidentally, Banana always debuffs at 3m and 1.2m so you can plan around that). If George is still alive after that (I've seen it happen 25% of the time) he'll get murdered by the banana NP. Keep in mind my George isn't fully ascended so he hasn't his gut skill; if he had, I think he'd be able to eat both the ST hand and Banana NP with consistency).

If George ate the Banana NP, Mash makes Jalter invulnerable for the other hand NP, no need for a taunt. If he couldn't, plugsuit stun on Banana to delay her NP a turn, then invuln on Jalter while Mash taunts.
If at any point Banana is under 1m with Jalter alive you're good, if she's under ~100k Cu can solo that last bit so switch to killing the hands. Although, if Cu actually comes into the field, finish the Oni because you're on borrowed time.

Notable CEs I'd like to mention: 2030 on your Waver (because Jalter needs stars); volumen hydragyrum on George (for a free extra turn of tanking); that +1000 HP CE (for some extra safety).

E: my strategy for Jalter NP is: have it? Fire it. Maybe delaying it a turn to fish for a Jalter chain is better? Don't delay it for two or more turns, you're giving up way too much NP gain.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 20, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tired Moritz posted:

limit breaking the carp CE does not seem worth it

You can equip a maximum of 4 carps. You are getting 550% extra damage instead of 600%, but also equipping two actual CEs. It's totally worth it depending on the team.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Out of curiosity, what is the exchange ratio from rice balls to QP going to be?
Once I clean up the gourd shop, should I use the rice balls to farm gourds for QP or keep them?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I Love Annie May posted:

Is there a way to grind for gourds? The best I can make is 30-40.

As others have said, the gacha CE are the only way.
Unscientifically, I usually get from 8 to 11 gourd drops on a 2BP run, half of those are 2-value and half are 3-value, for a total of baseline 20 to 28 gourds.

A support with the 5-star gacha CE gains 24 to 31 extra gourds alone (32 to 44 if MLB) and you have 3 to 4 CE slots* to put your own farming tools inside; even a single lowly "reading the list" CE is 8 to 11 extra gourds per run, for a ~30% boost over baseline.

*you should be able to consistently farm 2 BP with just MLB Shana-oh

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Damage cut applies before class vulnerability in the damage calculation, right?
If so, double Waver teams will laugh at rider hands because the double of zero is still zero and when the buffs run out it's taunting time anyway.
The initial drunkard wave is what's going to bring out some pain.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

NRVNQSR posted:

Nope, after. Which is why you're taking zero on Assassin day.

My Jalter is also taking zero from the hands (depending on rng), that's why I asked.

Still, that would make rider hands deal about 1k to 2k with all the buffs up.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Is there any piece/monument dump incoming and/or is there one I haven't seen?
Otherwise, I think I'll skip on cleaning those from the gourd shop, as that would be enough gourds for 14m QP.

Meanwhile, rider day is almost as easy as assassin day. Turns out being able to spend the full three turns with the drunkards, no RNG involved, is really good for consistency.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Endorph posted:

here's my guide for the next few servants! Shuten, Xuanzang, and the Onigashima gang.

Sorry, but in rider Kintaro's writeup what do you mean when you say "busted damage modifier on Quick NPs"?
The damage calculation formula I'm referring to is the one on Beast's Lair (this one) and I don't see anything specifically about quick NPs. Or is it since quick cards innately deal less damage quick NPs get assigned a bigger innate multiplier to compensate?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thanks.
Were quick cards 75/90/105% at JP launch by any chance? The 80/96/112% spread does look odd compared to the other two.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Magical Bee posted:

Apparently the normal rice balls go for 10k, and the gold ones for 60k. It's better to use them if you can, but at least you get something if you burn out.

That's... a 3 gourds equivalent. You get more than that baseline from an 1 BP mission.

Kintoki, wild party tonight.
I categorically refuse to farm the 1 BP mission though. I'd probably get more of everything from it (gourds, exp, bond) but gently caress that.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nate RFB posted:

It's pretty universally considered the best gameplay CE in the game.

It's also one of the first CEs ones truly worth leveling to 100 because that's +2000 attack on a CE that of course boosts attack as well.

What's the MLB bonus, 15% attack/40% starting NP?
What's that CE exact effect? Is it a permanent 10% attack up buff, or is it a 10% increase on the attack stat? Because the first would already be bonkers OP.

And yeah, 2k atk at maximum level is insane too, considering a fully grailed Jalter is 15.5k. A ~12.9% boost on the highest attack hero in the game is A LOT.

E: that's Jalter gimmick, correct? 4* health, 6* attack?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I have no 4* or 5* assassins. Stheno or Carmilla? Carmilla feels more useful.

EMIYA spooked me three times between Rashomon and Journey, but I already have Gilgamesh at 90. Should I level him up for Onigashima, or should I consider him a more long-term project?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Cheers for the advice :cheers:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nate RFB posted:

It's early in this new round but my thoughts on support/CE set up are that Waver havers are better off with Ox King or best gacha CE, Medusa with the orb/nurse CE (the upcoming dailies will also be caster-only) and that there is a compelling argument to be made for putting up Okita over Mordred with an orb/nurse CE so that she can be pulled in as a support to nuke Lalter. I guess it depends on whether there are any orb-using nodes that people will strongly want to pull in a Mordred with the Ox King.

An AOE rider with the orb CE (e.g. Artoria santa alter) is also a good choice because:
a)god drat are the lamias flanking Latler a bloody pain
b)the second lamia wave has way too much health
Support Medusas should get an Ox King though.

In my opinion, anyone with a lotus bonus should get the Ox King, especially a decently leveled Medusa; orb CE on Sabers; split half and half for the rest (with Gacha CEs on Lotus havers in the meanwhile).
My instinct for Mordred would be Ox King but :shrug:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Single 10-pull. Nothing of note but a fourth archer EMIYA.
I think the RNG is trying to tell me something here.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Do you need anything special to support an Euryale? I don't have her, but I'm sure somebody on my list has.
Running double Gilgamesh at the moment, and the 3M version is not a threat in the slightest; bonus 1 I don't need drugs, bonus 2 best fox dies to incidental AoE from all the Enumas. Slow going though, and I doubt I'd deal 4.5M on the 3BP version before the time limit.

E: hold on what card type is Euryale's NP?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 15, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

How are you guys getting enough drops for that, more apples than an orchard?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

W.T. Fits posted:

Gawain doesn't get full NP charge every turn, he gets full NP every other turn, plus damage reduction.

It's Mordred who gets full NP charge every turn. :unsmigghh:

Ok, how much HP/effective HP do these two have exactly?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hazdoc posted:

So who should I be putting gacha/event CEs on for support? So far I've had mild success with putting the 4* gacha on my Tamamo, but I'm starting to feel bad when I could put hot-springs on her and help out people raiding... but the people farming rolls give me more FP!

Hot-springs CEs are common, the 4* isn't. Nobody is going to search for hot spring support and find none.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

McDragon posted:

So I went off this game a bit but I see that event that unlocks the motorbike guy started and drat it I want him. Is it easy enough to get him unlocked or will I have to bust my rear end? How does it compare to London? I finished that without too much trouble and just never got round to the next singularity. thanks

Depends on what you want.
Simply getting Rider Kintoki? Easy. The story missions are easy and so is the 1BP version of the raid fights (from what I've seen so far).
Cleaning up the shop, both the currency one and the damage one? That might involve a bit of work, and the best farming nodes do have high-level enemies; although to be fair, your friendly neighborhood whale's character (you know the one, the 5* at NP5 lvl 100 10/10/10 skills) does solve a lot of problem.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:shepicide:
Still, Golden and Bear are worth it.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tae posted:

The grind isn't that bad once all the best nodes unlock. This event doesn't really start currency-wise until all the raid bosses are dead.

Yeah, I figured. Still, my Sumo isn't MLB yet so I'm kinda sick of the baskets.

EDIT:

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I have both!

....at level 62 each :downs:

Guess i'm gonna be needing some blazes soon, time to go grind corals again.

I dunno about Shiki but a friend Jack needs minimal support on red oni. I run Jalter/Waver/friend Jack and Jalter is only there to blow up Kiyohime. The little murderball can solo it from there.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 17, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I found this guy in the wild

:catstare:
How much loving quartz is that?

I mean I know whales exist but actually seeing one of the bigger ones in the flesh is kinda something (I'm having trouble finding the correct word here)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If you are using a single target buster NP as your damage dealer adult Iskander or Drake are pretty much the perfect supports.

Honestly, any AoE rider with the hot springs to kill the adds without losing momentum but those two have an NP up buff for the team.

E: Jesus Christ 5m off an NPBB chain this boss is made of wet paper.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 19, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dawgstar posted:

To ask a dumb question, over the last couple of weeks I've done the ten-pull ten times and still haven't gotten a five star. Is that normal?

About 36.6% chance (although I have no idea how the guaranteed results modify this). Yup, absolutely normal.

E: over 10 grand summons:
~36.6% chance of no 5* servant
~37% chance of exactly 1
~18.5% of exactly 2

Again, ignoring the effects of the guaranteed results from a grand summon.

Pureauthor posted:

1% is a hell of a drug.

How does the guaranteed 4* card and guaranteed servant work exactly?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 20, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

KoldPT posted:

If you're rolling 10 3* cards, the tenth will be turned into a 4* CE.

Ok, then what for the guaranteed servant? If the tenth card would be the tenth non-servant, what does it turn into? A servant at same rarity, or a 3* servant (4* if both safety nets trigger)?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kyte posted:

It's not confirmed but my guess it just has special pools for 9th and 10th rolls (or any two others) that strip out the 3*/CEs and fill the probability space with 4* CE/3* servant, respectively.

I'm not sure this would be legal though, as it would remove the stated chances for the 5* options.

E: obviously I'm not a lawyer, especially not one specializing into Japanese gambling laws (or whatever governs the various Gachas), but I do know Japanese law requires the publication of the odds.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kyte posted:

How so? It doesn't touch the 5* chance at all.

I misinterpreted what you wrote. It doesn't indeed.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Out of curiosity, did he know in life that Arthur was actually Arthuria?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If I'm recalling correctly from F/Stay Night, Fate route ending Bedivere outright states he knew after she dies. Probably an open secret even for those Knights not officially in the known, population at large didn't know and by then really oughtn't know, goddammit Merlin you screwed up basically everything about this.
At least half of Camelot's problem can be traced to Merlin honestly.

E: yup, from this update; Arthuria's part is about halfway through the update.
Narration is from Bedivere's point of view:
"But the battle of the king has ended.
He ---- no, she has fulfilled her duty until the very last moment."

Omobono fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 3, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Who are the exceptions?
Shirou, Rin (much to her surprise every time she chokes on being a monster), maybe Waver?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

A tad late, but I'm fairly sure a BB NP chain from Heracles kills a full hand wave.
The first two B kill the first hand, target switch for the NP and second dead hand, target switch for the extra. Worst case scenario it's still two dead hands because the extra card off a brave chain hits about as hard as an AoE NP.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kild posted:

Jesus why did I never think about doing this

Fair warning I did some back of the envelope calculations and it's borderline with a lvl 80 Herc. Herakles' own attack buff at level 1 should be enough though. Stack another atk up and/or a buster up for safety.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 9, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

On one hand, I think that Cu being a 3* is bullshit.
On the other, it means that every player gets the greatness that is Cu.

Question time, I'm drowning in lance experience as I have no gold lancers beyond Cu (he's gold in our hearths, where it counts).
Maxed Cu and Leonidas, any other useful silver/bronze lancers or can I force feed those lances to other people?
Any interesting golds if I get spooked?

I could grail Cu I guess but that's an important step; gotta decide between him, Medusa or Medea. I'll probably wait until the end of the year to decide on this.

Bonus rant: 24 loving chains for Nito 3rd ascension are you loving kidding me? :rant:
Oh and of course she wants hearts, who doesn't? :rant:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

(don't answer) Do we swipe Gil's prototype of the actual Grail?

E: actually thinking about it why does Gil care about the Grail, exactly? He should have the prototype in his money bin.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Epic of Remnant: Bonus Chapter
Moscow 1963 - Fire from the Gods

Old Servants featured in the story: Kid Alexander, Berserker Vlad
New Servants: Rider Philip of Macedonia, Caster Aristotle, Avenger Trotsky, Berserker Abraham Lincoln

Synopsis: Thanks to meddling from a Demon Pillar/Holy Grail, the Soviet military has decided to commit a coup against the Kruschev government, believing him too weak after the Cuban missile crisis. The leader of this junta turns out to actually be a Servant in disguise: Philip, looking kind of like Big Boss. His advisor also turns out to be Aristotle. Meanwhile, a resistance has formed, attempting to stop the junta, with Trostky and Lincoln helping them. Things escalate when it is learned the military is planning a nuclear strike against the US, which will likely start WWIII and destroy human history. Kid Alexander, who's been kind of mentored by Vlad in this Remnant, confronts his father and there'S once again a big talk about ideals. The final plot twist is that Aristotle is actually the titan Prometheus, who is planning to cause a nuclear apocalypse. Prometheus sees nuclear energy as the ultimate form of the gift he once gave humanity, the primordial fire, and believes that humanity will survive this apocalypse to become even stronger than before and conquer the universe. He's twisted by the Demon Pillar.

Edit: the whole thing is very metal gear.

Just saying, if you (generic you) write a singularity set during the Cold War and you don't go "very Metal Gear" you're doing it wrong.

The only correction I'd make here is making up any excuse so that Gudako has to wear Old Snake's eyepatch for the duration of the singularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Clearly it would be the new Mystic Code.

The male version is Old Snake's getup.
The female version is The Boss's uniform.

Actually, invert that.