Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Heck yea, Im totally into this, even though I usually hate gachas and mobile games, just becouse of fate (and becouse I will travel a lot in next few weeks and I need something to kill time...). I just started, and everything works super smooth, even though I am filthy euro with old phone.

That being said, I have few hard hitting questions:

1) How unforgivable is the gacha? I know, It was repeatedly stated that you can clear everything with trash-tier Servant team, but I am talking about the true purpose of the game ie. waifu hunting.
When there is some limited event going on, is it humanly possible to score the Servant you want without spending $$$? Assuming you prepare for the event, of course.

2) Is there any point in MC gender outside of the way you look? Do Servants or the story react differently based on your gender? Or does the genders have different personalities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, thanks everyone.

So I did the first two 10x gachas and results are....mostly mediocore or weak Servants (my first 4* was Elizabeth) aaand..... I got Jeanne in my second gacha who is apparently 5* and a Ruler? I kinda wanted to reroll before, becouse I was really unimpressed by the Servants I got, but I dont mind Jeanne and there is snowball chance in hell I'll ever get her again if I rerolll so....
Is she good? Especially when starting out and being totally clueless about the game?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I decided to reroll and got much better team this time around, both on "waifu" metric and "actually useful team composition" metric, so if someone wants account that has Jeanne and...that's pretty much it here it is:

Bind: SFzXERzVHP
Password: 1111

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

EzEight posted:

So how are you guys liking the translations, went on reddit and saw that Marie is apparently a Meme Queen.

It's full of impenetrable technobable, complete non sequiturs that everyone seems to take in stride and extremely clumsy sentence structure that ends up being equal parts charming and goofy, so it basically offers the genuine Fate experience.

Its good.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, so in the name of chasing my waifu (don't judge me), I am willing to trade my current Jeanne/Stheno roll for one with Altera (ie. Alien, female, flying Atilla the Hun). Any takers?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Wuxi posted:

I posted one two days ago, nobody said anything, so maybe it's still there?

Huh, I tried it just now and the transfer fails with "unexpected error" message. Not the usual "account already in use", just "unexpected error".

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Actually managed to get my waifu dream team this time for real, so here is another free Jeanne, slightly used.

PsPxUgbRdt

I rerolled and traded to get my starting dream team more than I played F/GO so far. :v:

The limited event gachas will destroy me. :ohdear:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So what is the surest way to get assassin gems? Its all I need to finish the weekly quest and I didnt see a single assassin boss, despite running the current 30 AP monster hunting quest, like 8 times in a row. All those wasted APs that could go into gold medal farming are killing me.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
People are vastly underestimating striped swimsuit Asterios with swimming belt. :kimchi:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Marogareh posted:

I wish Mozart looked like that in game.

W-wait that's Mozart? :stare:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Countdown to Boudicca DLC..

Medusa DLC or bust.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
What. Orleans is like 100 times better than Septem.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, it was not really that noticeable before, but the fact that enemy Servant can use their skills with absolutely no limit or cooldown is completely retarded.

Its completely random if last the match ends in me killing Nero in two turns or Nero wiping the floor with my whole team.

Btw. with 3 Imperial Privilege defense buffs up, buster brave chained Enmua Elish from lvl 72 Gilgamesh with Charisma, Tactics and the Mystic Code ATK buff up does 5k damage to Nero. She had them up on second turn after appearing.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Or clothings that can nullify buffs.

OH MY GOD I did not realize this. In this case losing the heal, evade and attack buff is pretty much fair trade.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

delfin posted:

Had Nero down to 1k hp with one def buff up, after using Medea on her when she had three up, after using Nullify Buff, three units left on my side.

Nero uses Imperial Privilege, Imperial Privilege, Migraine on her turn, shrugs off a Herc battle chain for like 1k, and nukes the room.

gently caress that noise.

Welcome to my world.

I STILL farm this poo poo because I am stupid, stubborn mule, but I manage to clear it like 6 times out of 10 tries. It is nowhere near viable, because there is ridiculous amount of things that can go wrong and completely screw you over .

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I love how the avatar of FGO is basically a walking pillar of salt and sociopathy.

They know fans of their game very well.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I didn't play Fate/Extra or Extella, so Septem was my first exposure to Nero and I considered her completely insufferable.

Her whole rationale why she is better than United Roman Empire is basically "I should be the sole emperor of Rome because I really want be the sole emperor of Rome!" and everyone reaction to that is basically "the reason you should be the sole Emperor of Rome is because you really want to be the sole Emperor of Rome? Wow such a deep and beautiful motivation, you are truly the one who should be the Emperor! Which is doubly hilarious when you consider historical Nero's track record and the fact that she is going against loving Caesar, Romulus and Alexander the Great. (ok, I guess she was better than Caligula?)

The only redeeming parts of Septem were Stheno's random wacky island and Jing-Ke, whose sole motivation was "I came here to assassinate emperors and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum". :black101:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Re-checking, the first event to have Servant Boosts might be GUDAGUDA Honnouji, around November/December.

Emiya, Cu Chulain, Medusa, Ushiwakamaru, Musashibou Benkei and Mephistopheles will give additional drops (Emiya more than the others).

Do these bonuses stack? So for example if I'll have party of Emiya, Medusa and Cu, I'll get shitload of extra drops?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, thats actually far more generous than expected. Neat.

The prices in those events are designed in such way that you need to stack every possible boost, just to be able to afford anything interesting, arent they.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It took 180 AP to get those 2 friggin Caster gems

I hate you game.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That's...uh....that's really dumb. Especially that bit about GudaGuda :psyduck:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I kinda wonder if they have some kind of alternate release plan and they'll bump some events forward or something because, if not we will have only Halloween and presumably Okeanos in autumn, which is really loving sparse for three month period, especially for a relatively newly released game that is still building its player-base.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am preserving every last bit of quartz and summon tickets until there is a rate-up for Servant I actually want, so I have something like 300 quartz and 30 tickets stored, with still most Interludes undone. Outside of the beginning and tutorial 10x pulls and friend point pulls, I don't think I rolled the gacha in F/GO even once. :shrug:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, do they actually add story in the future versions of Nero Colosseum? (Well, "story". Something in the vein of the dumpling event. Random and silly, but with Servants interacting with each other and stuff)

Because it looks like there was a bit of story there?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
In the land of gacha, sanity is hindrance.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Endorph posted:

also in actual news, na fgo is making about 1 million dollars monthly, which isn't a lot compared to jp which makes that in a couple of days but is probably more than its operating costs.

That's pretty good, if you consider that pretty much everyone agrees that the current NA content is F/GO at its worst. The potential for massive growth is definitely there.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
With Half-AP off, the Gaul is the most efficient farming spot for Octuplet Twin Crystals until Agartha, which is something like a year and half off. Considering that there will be only a total of 20 Octuplet Twin Crystals available through events in next.... roughly 5 months, if the Servants you want to ascend will need a lot of Crystals, this week is pretty much the best time to farm them.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Why would I even try to get all those lame rear end 5* Riders when I got my waifu Medusa right here???

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Non-waifu Priority as follows:
Okita
Jack
Drake

Isn't Scathach one of the best Lancers in the game and Tamano one of the best Casters in the game? Both will get rate-up before Jack and possibly even before Okita.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

this game sucks, i keep getting claws from 20 ap instead of secret berserker gems

Is this some kind of sick joke, or.....?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I guess it is dumb to complain about something being too goofy in a game that features several identical copies of female King Arthur but still, I dislike the swimsuit version of Servants and think they are too silly for the game.

That is indeed a thing. :eyepop:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The fact that the best Archer in the game is Altria clad in one-piece swimsuit and shooting things with water gun is insult to my sensibilities. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Endorph posted:

80% of this game is goofy gags about tits and asses and also references to 70s action movies. this game has taken it self-seriously for, at most, a consecutive 5 hours in camelot. coincidentally it was immediately followed up by the goofiest chapter in the game where gilgamesh talks about how much he wants to gently caress japanese girls and gives you 100 exp cards and ishtar and ereshkigal keep proposing threesomes.

I know and I actually like the general goofiness in F/GO. I still think swimsuit Servants are lame.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah ok, speedo Heracles, Hawaian shirt Cu, or Vintage one-piece swimsuit Vlad would be cool.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Also summer Nitocris and summer Marie are cool and good, but they are exceptions that prove the rule.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

The real answer is that since you really don't need to be max ascended to tackle the current content, you're really just meant to be happy with whatever ascensions you're able to get at the moment and bank on future guaranteed drops from events and the like to go beyond that. That is little solace to more obsessive players like myself but that is just the reality; no amount of time or money is going to get me the Hearts or Reverse Scales I need, not before also costing my sanity, which means the only choice is just to live with what I have.

There are people on reddit talking about how they spent 50 quartz on AP resets, so they could farm 12 Hearts they needed to ascend their favorite Servants, so technically there IS a way how to get the mats you need by spending time and money.... :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am saving all my quartz for Scathach, so I'm really looking forward to getting NP5 Diarmuid and NP5 Fergus instead.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
"You know what you have to do"

Whispered the creature, as it put a credit card in your hand.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

As long as it's not my credit card!

The gacha cares not about origin of the money, only that its fed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Um, this is Nasuverse, Jesus will obviously be a cute girl, how is that even a question?