Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Well, I started this on a whim and ended up with a 5-star Sabre. I recognize her from what little I've seen of the show, so I have to assume she's good. Guess I need to read the OP..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What am I missing about Craft Essences? I can't figure out how to equip them to Servants. Can you not do it until the game holds your hand through a tutorial about how to do it?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

there's a little slot right below the servant on the party formation screen that you tap on

Ahh nice, thank you!

Getting a 5-star right at the beginning is very limiting.. I can't wait to increase my party size.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wasn't able to merge 2 4-star characters I had. It just said 'Identical Hero' or something and grayed them out. What gives? Was I on the wrong page? I think I was on the Servant Enhancement screen or something..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone have a rundown on what I'm supposed to do with all these items? I have things I can train into my characters that are EXP UP and Status UP.. Then some have little character type symbols in the corner, which I assume means it gives that type more.. Are there things I should be hanging on to? Or should I just burn them all now? I have a 5-star Altria Pendragon if that matters..

Should I bother combining my matching 3-stars together?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I know for a fact that I've gotten to a screen where I can see my Master Abilities and possibly interact with them in some way, and maybe even change my Costume at some point, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get back there. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So the Star levels on a Servant.. Can those be raised? If so, is there a limit to the increase? I just have no sense of who is good and who isn't. I've just been running a party of the 5-star Saber I pulled with a 4-star Berserker. I haven't hit anything I can't handle yet. But I see people raving about Robin Hood, who doesn't seem like he should be that special, so I have to assume he turns into something impressive down the road? The same goes for Friend summons.. Shouldn't they just be training fodder? Or should I save them and stack them up?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I saw somewhere that Altria sucks but no explanation as to why. She is my 5 star, and I'm rather fond of her from Stay Night, which is all I've seen of the series. I'm not going to reroll or anything because I have some 5 star equip stuff and I'm into Orleans too, I'm just curious why she isn't better regarded.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bakanogami posted:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Altera/Atilla, who really isn't all that great, and not Altria (aka Saber/Arturia/Artoria/Arthur), who's a pretty solid 5 star?

Wanna punch whoever made these localization decisions btw.

Post 2 on page 1 has a FAQ that asks what 5 stars are good and it says Altria sucks. I dunno, I don't have anyone to gauge her against so I'm going to keep on trucking.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Well I'm glad to see the Altria team come together to support her awesome because somehow I just got a second one..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What's the best thing to spend Mana Prisms on? I went through and cleared my box of anything that wasn't 5/10 or better on the tier list.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm in Orleans and some of the fights are getting a bit tougher. Is it "normal" to lose at least someone during normal combat? I just have Mash as my backup when someone goes down.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What's the best way to level people up?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

30 AP Daily until you can handle the 40AP Daily regularly. Then the 40AP Daily.

I'm.. not sure I can tackle those yet. I'm only rank 15.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Whatever daily (make sure you do the red "Ember" ones, not the others) you're able to handle is the one you should do, whether it's a 30AP or 10AP. A super high level support (there are plenty of 50s and even 60 floating around) can probably carry you by themselves through the 20 AP right now. You'll level up so quickly from the XP cards that eventually you'll be able to take on more and more.

Oh poo poo. I just cleared the 30AP one no problem. Can I just keep doing that? I got a full level of Rank from it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

When can I get new outfits for the player character?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My first 5-star was Altria... then I got Jeanne d'Arc.. And one of my most powerful Friends also uses Jeanne. Do you know how loving confusing it is controlling a party of blondes in navy clothes with silver armor?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

One carries a flag and one a sword

When you're picking cards, it's 5 sidelong head shots of blondes with blue and silver.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Where am I supposed to get the items to Ascend Jeanne? She needs so much.. :( I'm assuming these come from the Event quests? Is there a good way to know what drops when?

Totally unrelated question, once I've hit the button to pick my cards and attack, is there any way to back out so I can choose abilities or Master skills or something?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

She just needs pieces and later monuments, right? They'll all drop from the daily quests with "Duel" in their names. Tuesdays and Saturdays for the three "Knight" classes, Wednesdays and Sundays for the other four classes.

I keep getting Gold ones and not the Silver.. Do I need to be doing it at level 2 or level 3?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I can't remember where I saw it, but they had "Onwed" rather than "Owned" for something.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Used my free ticket for Emiya. No Gil, but got a second Jeanne so that's nice.

I managed 2 Kaleidoscopes as well. As I'm fairly new, the question is, do I keep both of them, or squish them together immediately? A lot of other cards I'm just mashing together, but some of the 4 and 5 stars seem like it would benefit you to have multiple.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Psiwri posted:

If you mash kaleidoscopes together before you have like, six of them, prepare to be made fun of.

That's why I asked! I'm learning apparently! :D

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I wish all these Attlia havers accept my friend request. Especially a person that has her at 70 and a level 2 NP.

Is Attila the rainbow laser sword whip girl?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Yeah, they call her Altera too.

This is another one of those confusing bits for me where the OP says she sucks and the thread says she's awesome..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If you only knew how much money some of us have put into Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle.. They recently did an anniversary thing where you got a free pull for every multi-summon you'd ever done and it was easy to trace back how much real world money that equated to. It was pretty heartbreaking.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Gologle posted:

At least I can help keep this game running. I know I have a problem, but as long as it's focused in extremely specific ways and I don't care about waifus, then it's manageable.

EDIT: However, if they accelerate the release dates too much then I might actually break down sobbing, because my whole flimsy rationale behind spending so much is that I can recover more than enough for the next time one of my desired pulls comes around. Like, if they released Scathach and Iskander back to back after this that's too much.

I'm in the same boat as you. I spend, but no more than I can afford. I'm getting enjoyment from a game, so I spend money on it. I could be spending the money on drugs or useless addons for my car or antique clocks or some other stupid nonsense.

Also, if not for whales like us, THIS GAME WOULDN'T EXIST. So you goons should be thanking us, not ridiculing us.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over forums.. :emo:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wish the loving statue events would come back around so I can up my Jeanne..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't know all the terminology yet - I'm getting the gemstone things for Skills from these events rather than the little statues that I need for Ascension. Do they just not drop today or am I getting unlucky?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I had to look up this Gilles guy during the Orleans levels and... wow.. what a guy. :gonk: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_de_Rais

quote:

Shortly after, Gilles moved to Machecoul where, as the record of his confession states, he killed, or ordered to be killed, a great but uncertain number of children after he sodomized them. Forty naked bodies of children were discovered in Machecoul in 1437.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tae posted:

He's worse in the anime, if you believe it.

Yikes.. I've only seen Fate Stay/Night, only finished it earlier this week. Is it worth going back to watch the one that came before it? I think its on NetFlix too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are we going to get giant awesome Alexander the Great from Fate Zero at some point?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I realize this isn't the Fate anime thread, but is there anything available to watch dubbed in the series other than Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night? We're nearly done with Zero (and Jesus loving Christ, whoever said Gilles was terrible in the anime was right.. gently caress that owl eyed freak.) and we'd like to see more if its out there. I know a lot of content is tied up in visual novels and video games.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

There is also Unlimited Blade works.

How is this different than Fate/Stay Night? This might be what we watched, actually.. its on NetFlix.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

The "Fate/Stay Night" anime was an adaptation of the Shirou&Saber story by Studio DEEN, which wasn't very good. The "Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works" anime was an adaptation of the Shirou&Rin story by Ufotable, which was much better. Confusingly there was also "Unlimited Blade Works", a movie adaptation of the Shirou&Rin story by Studio DEEN, which was rubbish again.

I think the good Ufotable one is the one on Netflix?

Yeah that must have been it. What a confusing series..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Where can you play these?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

When does Mash get another upgrade? I just finished Orleans, was hoping she'd get a bump going into the next chapter.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I encountered a Berserker today in the Dailies that I haven't seen before - blonde male, open white shirt, black pants, red gauntlets. Some big gold club.. thing.. as a weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Twib posted:

That would be Kintoki - like Gil, he's a 5* limited character that gets released early enough to be already in the game files ar launch. His claim to fame is being the strongest Berserker in the game. And for loving Gold.

Yeah he one-shotted my lvl 60 friend Gil that I brought along. I never got Gil, but I do have Catwoman and Lancelot for Berserkers. I'd kill for a decent caster though..