Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to playing this today. Still getting used to some stuff but overall it is proving to be a lot of fun.

On a story note it is kind of messed up what happened to the director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So is there any particular logic for picking up characters besides saving up for a 10 roll?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there any point in doing the daily event quest over the ember gathering quests?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So are any good servants hidden behind completing the main quests? I am half way or so through Rome and want to know if there is any hero I should be trying to save up for.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
From a story perspective I do like who they have as the final fight for the Rome segment.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If I already have Robin Hood should I go with Heracles or Emiya?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So how often will the store restock its inventory as at my current rate I am going to have brought up all the summoning tickets before this event comes to an end.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just added my info to the sheet. Still working on buffing my heroes to make them more useful but my team is starting to take shape.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there anyway to ensure that rider pieces drop or is it just luck that riders will drop them?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So do we have any idea how fast they will be bringing out new content for the US version?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is a biblical name from the Old Testament.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vengarr posted:

This is pretty laughable, Herc is unbelievably good and will steamroll all story content currently available and then some. Even before you ascend him and he gets his bullshit dodge skill.

The fact that they haven't made another Carnival Phantasm yet is some kind of war crime.

Especially the way they teased at Rider shenanigans in the final scene.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I hope they do an event soon to help with mats as I am rapidly maxing out all the heroes I actually use.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Also, a PSA to Herc owners: I might/probably am talking out of my rear end here, but NP-boosting CEs on Herc are not that useful IMO, because any turn that you are not using that Herc's Buster Card is a bad turn which means ideally he should almost never be boosting his NP unless by "accident" (bad shuffles that only give you his Arts card, he gets hit during an Evade turn, etc.). Stuff that boosts Buster performance like Limited / Zero Over is way better IMO.

I thought this was what you were supposed to do with him as in buff up his Buster skills?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Baal posted:

The 5* chance is 1%, if you hit that then your chances of getting Gil are very high. Idk the exact percentage but I think it's somewhere near 70-80%.

Do any events ever change those odds?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is a new take on one of the most popular tag teams in the series and Orleans does do a decent job of starting to dig into what it means when the grail spits out two versions of a single person.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I suppose it is a good thing that the servants I really want are all limited summons anyway. More importantly I am glad they prioritize using free prisms first instead of the stuff that you pay for.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Lancers in general seem to have horrible luck if Fate/Zero's Lancer is anything to go by.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is also Unlimited Blade works.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

How is this different than Fate/Stay Night? This might be what we watched, actually.. its on NetFlix.

If it was on netflix then that would have been what you watched.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So any good places to get archer pieces besides waiting for events?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Jeanne's strength is her ability to tank.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As long as some people get lucky with the useful servants then everybody should be all set.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Marin Karin posted:

Kara no Kyoukai is an incredibly fun event. Farming was pretty easy for me, and it offers one of the best welfare servants. Music was good too.

Da Vinci's is a favorite of mine just because of the servant it offers and its story. Jeanne Alter turns herself into an otome game protagonist

Doesn't a certain other dating game protagonist call her out on it?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What level are you?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I would say just save it for tickets so that when the servants you want hit the shop you have as many chances as possible to get them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there a place that listed the order of which all the servants were released in Japan?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Baal posted:

second post of the op

I am glad I read that and saw that there was nothing of interest for a while as I just did a 10 roll and got Altera and a bunch of 3* servants that I can feed to my team.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

dont feed 3* servants!! 3* servants are good!

I mean I used them as NP boosters.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So is there any advise for getting back a lost account? I issued a transfer number but when I used it it said there was an issue and the transaction didn't go through.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Being busy playing catch up after a long absence and I am finding quite the difficulty jump from America to Camelot.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Yeah Camelot is a giant gently caress you if you haven't really been strategizing, its officially the end of being able to just face roll encounters with an underleveled mishmash of servants. On the plus side, babylonia is noticeably easier once you pass Camelot.

You weren't kidding. I was actually making some progress until I ran into the 2nd Gawain fight.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So for dealing with Gawain I know it was recommended that I use Euryale but would Robin Hood still work okay as I already have him up to 40 compared to a flat 1 with her.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just as a general note thanks for the advice about getting through Camelot. I am going to be spending some time getting my servants nice and strong before attempting it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have a question about the Quetzalcoatl review. You said she was story locked but despite having only reached Camelot I was able to get her with one of the 5 star banners. Do the ensured 5* banners work differently or is there something else I am missing?