Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Started this game over in English. Almost got my Elizabeth to max. Altera in the works. Not a bad start. I miss my Irisviel and Prisms Illya servants.

Despite clearing everything in Fuyuki, all the map markers still have a "1" notification over them. Is this a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Figured. The notifications are making my OCD flare up a bit so I just wanted a little clarification. Thanks.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
From what I heard, they're going to expand the localization team for GO. Are they going to address the existing gently caress-ups like Altria and Hapusburg or just roll with it?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pureauthor posted:

Altria is not a fuckup as far as TM and Aniplex is concerned.
Seriously? Since loving when? These clowns couldn't even be bothered to spell Elizabeth's name with a loving "z".

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
So essentially it's a result of lovely romanization and they're just rolling with It? That's unfortunate.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

'these clowns' being type-moon.
Japanese clowns with poor romanization skills are clowns nonetheless. I've yet to see Liz's name spelled with an "s" anywhere else, but whatever. I already got the answer I needed, but thanks for your input.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 5, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nyaa posted:

On the marketing point of view, people would rather get the newer, proper name version of the merchandise and let the wrong product rots.
I agree, but what is the proper name now? Everything I've ever seen in released English Fate poo poo, including the recently released Fate/Extella PS4 game, has it as Artoria. It wasn't until Grand Order did Altria become a thing. Why not just look at it like "Sorry. Our Engrish bad. It can now fix," and actually have it work in harmony with everything else? I know this seems like I'm stomping around a molehill like it's a mountain, but it just bugs me.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

New Leaf posted:

I can't remember where I saw it, but they had "Onwed" rather than "Owned" for something.
There's a plethora of typos and terrible translations in the game as of this version. The Rome chapter is comically bad when they try to get Nero's emotions across. Apparently they only had like three people working on this?

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 5, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

'cause it's always been altria in japanese merch and they didnt care at all about western releases of fate stuff until now. the brass at typemoon weren't even sure what was and wasn't released in english, as shown by
Only on Grand Order merch. I saw that in the interview and am still baffled by how utterly clueless they seem to be. This only seems to further prove that "these clowns" is a good way to refer to the team handling the work on this game.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

'these clowns' because of a thing that isnt their fault?
If you can't see the incompetence in the article you just took a snippet from then I've got nothing for you. Granted, that doesn't play into the lovely romanization that was given when the translations for the basic things like loving names were already done by other companies, but it's just another instance in a growing number. It's really not hard to see.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

why are you playing this game anyway, a couple of the girls have muscles
Because many of them don't. The ratio is in my favor so I make it work. A lot of them even have big boobs because breast size and revealing attire are directly related to the amount of money people will spend on mobile gachapons.

I may actually spend money to get Bride Nero when she comes out.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I don't really get incompetence from that article. Just re-read it to be sure I didn't miss it. The few translation failures don't really hinder gameplay and you can usually get the story in spite of them. The game's release went well and my 1 complaint is not being able to associate my account with Gplay, something that was never in the JPN version anyway.
I feel that if your title is all-encompassing of the rest of the entire franchise then you'd have an idea of what is relevant to your new projected fanbase regardless of what third parties have the licenses. Especially as a higher up, you should at least seem to have your finger on the pulse. That's just me though.

As for the translation, the naming bit irks me since you'd think they'd want to maintain some sort of uniformity, but whatever. The quality of actual dialogue in the game does need some serious attention though. Like, god drat.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Samba De Amigo posted:

going to go with a no on this one, sure they should but uhhh yea no lol
Yeah...oh well.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

InfinityComplex posted:

The version we have is the better version. Or rather the client we had on the jp side 6 months ago.
Have they said anything about how they will handle things like phantoms updates and the such? I know d'Leon and a few others just got overhauls on their animations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

While being a fan of the franchise may make me biased, I really have not noticed anything that really annoyed me or rendered anything incoherent gibberish - outside of Altria, that's just weird. To each their own.

I support your Saber Bride pick. She was my main lead in JPN and with Waver was very fun to play. I do miss having so many 5 stars to play with but I like being able to read the things I see.
The overall dialogue is okay until you get to Rome. Then it seems like they were on crunch time to make the release date because the quality not only in dialogue but with typos and spacing errors really goes all over the place. Then again, if it's true that there were only like three people doing the localization, then you gotta feel kind of bad for them.

And yes, I miss my old servants but do prefer being able to read the story even if I feel the quality leaves much to be desired.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

vOv I think Nero is over the top like she should be. Romulus is hilarious. But yeah I accept opinions can differ.
Nero is by far my favorite Saber and yes, she does still come off over-the-top as she should. But some of her reactions and the way they wrote her dialogue just feels...lacking? She was fantastic in Extella when Marvelous handled her. Maybe I'm just jaded, but when Nero straight up says "Gotcha!" I got a little upset.

Still a better game than Mass Effect Andromeda :goonsay:
If that's the best we can claim then we're really digging. lol

taser rates posted:

At the least they need a dedicated copy editor on their team, which they very clearly don't. Not even just for story and UI stuff, a lot of which is dire, but just like the Gil announcement today is full of nonsense and typos, and it's like less than a page of text.

edit: Like, more than I'm comfortable with, it feels more of a credit to the original dialogue than to the skill of the translation that a lot of the charm of the characters shines through, and that is not good. There are good parts here and there, but I hope they can improve considerably for later chapters and are just going through growing pains or something.
:agreed: 100%

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 5, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

DrManiac posted:

I can't complain too much because I only paid $20 but man was Extella super disappointing coming off of dragon quest heroes and hyrule warriors.
DQ Heroes II felt like such a slog. It was so goddamn slow. Hyrule was good though.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Blockhouse posted:

It's not. You can tell because it's bad.

not that every Warriors game is a winner but there's a level of offness to Extella's gameplay that you don't get from an Omega Force joint
It's not really bad but it does feel very bare bones. If you're not going into it to listen to Nero and Caster go on about their Master, then there's not a big draw I don't feel.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 6, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Ascended my Tamamo and bumped her up to 48, then I pull Lancelot. Sigh.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tired Moritz posted:

I appreciate them whales, especially those that ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST.
I've got someone on my friends list with a level 60 Herc that has pretty much solo-carried me through this entire loving game and all the event missions. :cheers:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

a kitten posted:

Ugh, decisions decisions.

Liz or that assassin Sthl....something.

Liz seems cool and stabby, but I do now have Cu and I don't have an assassin at all.

Or maybe just Emyia because UBW is p cool.

This game is terrible. :mad:
:f5:
Liz isn't the best servant in-game, but I loved her in Extella so I use her on my main team here. Her debuff NP helps as well depending on your setup.

She was in my first charity 10-pull. #Blessed

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

a kitten posted:

I totally spaced that she is an assassin when I posted.

The main thing is I'm sort of waffling about in the no man's land between "gently caress it, I'll just use whoever I think is cool, cute, or funny" and playing as optimally as I can within the confines of the RNG.
Use who you like then just pick an optimum Support from your friends list when you go into a fight. I mean, if you don't like the characters you're using then what's the loving point?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MotU posted:

here i am waiting for Tamamo so i can be cute + optimal w/ my boy triple V
I've got Tamamo and she does decent damage, but holy poo poo she is squishy as all hell. The enemy seems hellbent in focusing her down as quickly as possible so I think I've gotten to use her NP like...twice?

Nyaa posted:

Gotta catch em' all!
gently caress that noise. I fed Spartacus to Medusa and never looked back. lol

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Oh, that's Tamamocat.

Tamamo Caster is probably what they are talking about since Vlad is a great pairing with her and she's also what I'm waiting to spend some money on.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Tamamo_no_Mae
Tamamo Caster isn't available yet so I assumed they were talking about Berserker. My bad. I have no idea how team optimization works to be honest so the Vlad thing went over my head.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Do all the interludes boost their respective characters?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

SaffronKit posted:

Hello thread, I am here to ask if there is any point to keeping dupes of 4* or 5* servents outside of weird otaku obession? Or just feed any I've got to the version of the card I've developed to buff their NP?
Boost those NPs

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Did 1 10 pull and got nothing outside medusa and lancer cu chu dupes...

I don't really care for gil so not sure why the heck I did that?

Time to save up for Tamamo and JAlter again :|
I did the same thing for some reason, but at least I had a chance for Nero. Whom I still don't have. :(

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tae posted:

He's worse in the anime, if you believe it.

I liked his philosophy on God

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Is there any way to get Pheonix Feathers right now? I wouldn't mind ascending my Mata Hari.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Seriously though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOCJeqoWVo

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

the_steve posted:

I've literally only ever seen Fate Zero. I really need to watch FSN and these spinoffs.
FSN is alright. UBW is superior in every way. Carnival Phantasm is great. Prisma Illya is pretty solid for the first season, sketchy as hell for the second, and a bit rushed for the third.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Three seasons of Prisma Illya are dubbed as well if you're into magical girl stuff with a Fate twist.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Is it that bad? I only saw a fight scene or two (bazett vs gilgamesh for instance).
First season is a solid watch and I recommend it. Second season cranked up the bullshit fanservice to an obscene level and the OVA was even more pandering. It can be hard to get through at times. Third season is very story heavy and a decent watch but was super compressed at the end. I think the movie is addressing that.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pureauthor posted:

Illya herself is the 5* Limited. And also the second-worst 5* Caster in the game.
Was The 5* Illya that bad? I don't remember her being a terrible Caster but it's been a while.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pureauthor posted:

She's an Offensive Caster, which means she suffers the 0.9 damage modifier all Casters do. Strike 1.
Her skillset is terrible. Why does she have a selfcast Buster buff skill when she has ONE Buster card? And why is her Guts skill a chance to activate? Strike 2.
Why, why, why does she suffer an attack and defense penalty for using her Noble Phantasm??? Also Buster-based NP on an Arts-based Caster. At least it's single-target. Strike 3.
Burster Buff is meant to be used with her NP, which you should be charging non-stop since she has 3 Arts cards as well as a passive ability that charges her NP every turn regardless. So also has an ability to increase her NP charge rate so overcharging her is ridiculously easy. Her NP is a drat good hit too despite the debuff that shouldn't be there. I think you can use her guts ability to potentially cancel the debuff, but I can't remember off-hand. Is that the chance thing you're referring to?

Also, her special craft essence gives the entire party an 8% boost to loving everything which is great.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pureauthor posted:

Obviously she has a gameplan. I mean, so does Sumanai. It's that her gameplan gives her several bad drawbacks that others don't have to suffer. Really it's down to the fact that if you're using a Caster as your Offensive frontline in the first place, you'd almost always be better off bringing a Berseker like Vlad III. Even if you want to debate whether she's on par or slightly better than Sanzang and Da Vinci, Support SSR Casters completely blow away Offensive Casters in terms of usefulness.
That's a fair assessment. I remember using Illya as a backline support with her crafted essence and just had her stack NP until she was overcharged as all hell then one-shot whatever she was targeting. I always considered her a one-trick character, but I never considered her to be bad per say. :shrug:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MrLonghair posted:

Some guy on my list has a lv80 Jeanne. Didn't know the parts even could drop in global?
I've got a 90 Jeanne on my Friends List now. Every battle is now trivial between her and my 60 Altera.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 10, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tae posted:

Anyone interested in a 2 week old account? Don't want it go to waste. Has Jeanne, Blue Saber, Hercules, and Emiya.

Other notable 4's include Carmilla, Alter Saber, Lancelot with Kadelescope.

Wouldn't mind it to give my wife a head start.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
This is the best goddamn thing and I didn't know it was there. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

The aforementioned Moon Goddess event has a ton of them, it appears: http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20150925.php#nav

After having so little luck on the currently available free quests and dailies, I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that a far better use of everyone's AP would be to just wait for these events. If you want something to do now finish up any free quests, interludes, and/or grind mana prisms.
I've only got like three more story things to finish grinding for the quartz, then it's back to grinding missions. I'm gonna spend so much poo poo during Nero Fest to get her since it'll be a while before we get Bride.