Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

1* Alterego Kazuradrop that's ludicrously specialized at killing any Sakura that shows up, clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Omobono posted:

Challenge quests trip report:
Jalter, Altera and Arturia Lancer Alter: :dunkedon:
Jalter's wyverns were a worse threat. It does help she's in her Ruler incarnation instead of avenger, it means I could bring my own avengers and laugh.

Gawain: that was painful. Euryale, Chloe and Arturia Archer got through. At the last possible turn with a bloody Q card finisher for the last 3k HP. Bow to the beach king, knave.

Cu Alter: "gently caress it I'm bringing the big guns for this". Jalter, 2030 Waver, suport MLB 2030 Merlin frontline. Turn 1 I get zero Jalter cards. There was no turn 3.

This leaves Tiamat, whomever is in the third singularity (who's the ? guy here? Fionn? Herakles with all 11 guts?) and then Seiba Alter on Shirou's cooking.
Any "gently caress you" on that last one beyond half a mil and upwards for her break bars?

Okeanos memorial is just Medea Lily and a demon pillar. Santa Alter just shreds them.

The turn after you break one of Saber Alter's HP bars she'll pop a buff that gives her full NP, an attack buff, and a chance to inflict def down on hit for several turns. From what I've heard you can skip the buff by stunning her on that turn. In general her AI is rigged to focus on any Casters you bring, so trying double Merlin shenanigans needs someone with taunt to give them time to set up.

On a different note, I like how the AI actually knows to buff before using NP now. I saw Lancer Alter pop Mana Burst before hers, and Medea Lily even threw her heal boost on the demon pillar before using Pain Breaker.

e:

Alright Alter's buff is unavoidable, she'll use it the very next turn she has. The def down on hit is also permanent and unremovable, and on her final bar has a 100% proc rate; the buff itself does give her a 5 turn def debuff, however. Her hatred of Casters is very real, Double Merlin/Chloe was the backbone of my team and the only attacks to go Chloe's way were from Alter's NP until they both Merlins died.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Feb 21, 2019

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Omobono posted:

He's the rider correct? Just bring a friend's Jack (or other ST assassin), your own assassin plus whatever support you have. Carmilla is good if you have her.
Do you have a couple welfare CEs for the 50% initial NP? First bar goes down in two or three NPs (and Jack gets like 50% back off a full NP QQ chain) and the second bar is far shorter.

He's only a rider on the first fight, all others you have to deal with 600K combined HP with neutral damage while he's nailing you with the Avenger 1.1x attack. :ssh:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Vengarr posted:

I'm really enjoying this English Let's Play of Fate/CCC in preparation for that upcoming event. Gotta say, I'm enjoying it a lot. Not having to play the lovely combat is frankly a plus.

Karna doing the F.O.E. dance with Jinako has really rocketed him up my Bro tier-list.

Speaking of CCC, has there been any new word on Iwakura's translation patch? There hasn't been a word on his site about it since last August, and even that was just remarking that he's still working on it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Back when I played on JP I had Cu, Ushi, and Medea grailed to 90 since I had no 5* in their class for the longest time. (I didn't have any Lancer or Caster 5* period before NA FGO got announced and I dropped JP)

On NA I grailed Angra to 100 on a mix of a whim and a plan to make him an incredibly janky tank (Level 100 w/ full Fous + MLB Golden Millennium Tree combined with his upgraded 3) and I'm planning on grailing Melt provided I can roll her when CCC hits.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

So my old LG G3 (which I had since before JP FGO even started) finally started to die, so I upgraded to a Galaxy S8 and you can just, not lag on NPs? get a fuckton of stars and not have the game slow to a crawl until the turn ends? have the news screen load nigh instantly when booting up? Good god I will not miss my old phone.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Motto posted:

I forget, don't they dump a ton of bronze fous on us in a few events when they implement golds, make the caps 1000/2000, and realize leaving everyone sitting at 990 would be weird?

They'll hand out a bronze HP and ATK fou for every servant you have at 990 once the cap gets boosted.

dogsicle posted:

the face thing is prevalent enough that you even have a character like mysterious heroine x who gets bonus damage against characters with "saberface"...which is a broad enough descriptor to include nero, all the jeannes, both mordreds, both okitas, and even mhx herself + the other mysterious heroines, in addition to all the versions of artoria

mordred is similar in that she gets bonus damage against "arthurs" so all the different versions of king arthur/artoria (which also includes the mysterious heroines, lol)

Some enemies even focus on saberfaces in particular, such as Caster Gilles and Berserker Lancelot.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tired Moritz posted:

So when did they update the friend point gacha? I barely touch that anymore.

They silently added Angra back in Accel Zero, and he's here to stay. (at like a 0.1% draw rate)

Every event adds the 3* event CE to the FP gacha (but it gets removed when the event ends) so you can get something to help with the grind even if you don't want to burn quartz.

I thiiiiiiiink JP FGO also added 5* embers to the FP gacha, but I'm way behind on news for that so don't quote me on it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Crasical posted:

Let's see, what was next on my 'to do' list now that GudaGuda is over?

Ah yes, Time to run Fuyuki X-G forever. :shepicide:

I'm running class dailies forever because BB and the Alter Egos need so many gems.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

nyttyn posted:

got to camelot for the first time, first fight was kind of nasty. "oh, so this is the hard singularity" i thought.

then i got to loving gawain and i'm STILL mad about that fucker. what a huge stepup in difficulty. grinding out a support servant now rq to help me plow through the rest of the story.

There is a very good reason why the memorial quests, which almost exclusively had refights against the main villain of each singularity, made an exception for Camelot.

Euryale is your friend.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

a kitten posted:

Martha's skills are all stuck at 6 because skill gems are the worst

If you wait until Nerofest, you can get as many gems as you want!

At a rate of one gold per box. :shepicide:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Hypocrisy posted:

According to my profile I have played FGO for 600+ days and I have never had a single rare prism.

I actually played Extra and Gawain was hostile but no more so than someone in a deathmatch should be.

I've been playing since day 1, and I still don't have any rare prisms.

Have a spook Vlad I'm tempted to burn, but I'm waiting to see if I get any dupe 4* during CCC since I'm planning on going all in on that.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

brainwrinkle posted:

After a week of grinding for Gallstones, a grand total of 4 have dropped. On the one hand, I’m glad I rolled many cool Babylonian servants. On the other hand, I need too many gallstones. At least it’s a 21 AP node!

I needed Gallstones to ascend Gorgon a while back, so I ran that node a bunch.

After seeing the returns from burning about 4 apples on it, I decided to leave those to the realm of event grinding.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

If anything I'd call Extra's gameplay a worse Magic Pengel.

RPS combat system only you know half their moves in advance, and the other half you can throw skills to brute force things.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Aurora posted:

pretty sure those files didn't go away

Yeah you always have the cutscenes in the viewer, music shows up in the music player, and even shopkeep lines get added to the servant's voice list after the event.

So all you'd save is what, menu graphics and enemy sprites?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Roger Explosion posted:

Just got to that and verbally gently caress Yeah'd myself. Also, Tiamat and her mooks are quite the loving thing. Even with these bonuses, it's still pretty hard. I'm basically stalling, healing and defense buffing. Mash and Waver are putting in some serious work here.

If you have Maid In Halloween or any other HP Recovery buff CE, it also boosts the regen buff you get. I ran that on Summer Artoria and she was drat near immortal.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

dogsicle posted:

sabers are artificially rare, though realistically fergus and caesar serve most saber needs any new player would have. also people should respect them both more

I just find it annoying how Saber doesn't get any 10/10 welfares like Rider Kintoki. Artoria Lily is a 3* with gold trim, and Brave Liz is effectively a 2 skill servant since lol good luck using her 3 with anything other than double Merlin shenanigans.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Stairmaster posted:

Add bb and all my other favorite characters to link!!!

Add Arc and Shiki to Link.

Not like they were already in Extra or anything. :colbert:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

How fitting for the final day before CCC and everyone's favorite little devil kouhai.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

360 quartz and 12 tickets, got Lip and NP2 Suzuka.

I'm close to another 10 roll at least, plus shop reset in a week.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Yeah don't ever be afraid to burn seals on a tough fight.

Worst case scenario you get stonewalled by another hard fight soon after, but at least then you'll have something to wait for while you grind.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I got BB but there doesn't seem to be any way to get ascension items right now, is that what unlocks May 1st?

Yeah, any locked mission that doesn't give out KP opens up with the bonus quests, which includes all of BB's dupes and mats.

I already have her first skill at 10.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

HGH posted:

That reminds me, is Tamamo actually constantly referencing that one bird Saber this many years in advance?

Yes.

She also mentioned being pen-pals with Kiyohime as far back as Extra, so this isn't a new thing.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Captain Baal posted:

Iwakura Productions who have been the ones handling the patch gave a progress update in april of last year and the update amounted to

"It is still being worked on"

They recently did a small update, CCC is on the backburner for a bit while they work on Sakura Wars.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Alright so I decided to clear out some inactive players from my friend list and freed up 8 slots.

This is my normal setup, currently have them all running CCC CEs on slot 2.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Pureauthor posted:

https://webview.fate-go.us/iframe/2019/0513_600dl_cp/

6 million DLs campaign.

Hunting Quests 3, another set of Strengthenings and Interludes (including Jeanne's NP finally not stunning herself), an Ishtar/Quetz banner, and last but not least stiffing us on 3 golden apples, the jerks.

You forgot the most important thing:

mother

loving

chains

Hassan needs so many chains good god save me from the Camelot mines.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

I spent so long farming the drat things for ascensions, maybe now I can level some skills

ahaha who am I kidding Enkidu alone needs like 130 of the drat things :negative:

You can farm a lot of chains when Nerofest rolls around!

In September. :shepicide:

HGH posted:

There's like, a billion Archer nodes with only SAlter as support.
That's not a warning or anything, I just resent that.

But yeah as mentioned, watch out for the Rider/Avenger fights. Also Evil characters get double FP while you're there so that might be something to consider.

Yeah after a while NPC supports just stop being useful even after they start getting grail ascensions and skill ups. Either the node throws a bunch of enemies with class advantage, or the universal lack of NPC CEs means they fall behind normal supports. The extra FP just isn't worth it once you reach America or so.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

YggdrasilTM posted:

Well, NP5 Nightingale. My first maxed 5 star.

Another 10 nurses and you can get a 5 star of your choice!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

blossomingthing posted:

so who is everyone on NA saving for this year?

personally my main goal is SSR Rider Salter in august ish

Abigail, then Summer BB next year and Melt the year after that.

I will get a 5* of every class even if it kills me. :colbert:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well the Fou cap got boosted to 2000.

Now I have to go and use 46 sets of 1* Fous. :suicide:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Already halfway through the damage rewards.

Amazing how much faster this goes when I start with a full set of CEs and Double Merlin.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Cleared out the damage rewards! :toot:

Also got 30 quartz thanks to hitting a login milestone alongside the 700 day reward.

Also back during the original run I left the hands alive not because of needing the extra damage on ST, but because their attacks are weak and deal a ton of hits to help build NP while also eating one of Ibaraki's turns.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

serefin99 posted:

Same. Dropped a good few hundred (quartz, not dollars) when she first came out, but only actually got her when pulling on Bryn's banner a few months later.

I hoarded from day 1 and burned it all on the first Halloween banner to try and get her. Got Jeanne instead.

Then I pulled Tamamo on the first 5* gacha.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Threw 3 tickets at the gacha.

Got Sad Dad. :toot:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Omobono posted:

Nope, 6 mana prisms and a kick in the balls. Welfare servants can't become rare prisms until some time in the future (I think year and half if we're following Japan's timetable?).
Technically they still don't, you just get a rare prism together with your 6th and above copy of a welfare.

Still, I think there's no point in keeping the extra Ridertoki around or buying the copies. If someone has a good argument in favour I'd be all ears.

Welfare servants start giving rare prisms on the Altera Santa rerun. This isn't retroactive, so any welfare dupes you happen to hoard before then still give nothing.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Sophism posted:

I thought they were flails?

And I have to say, after the rerun I can safely say I can't stand the Rashomon and Onigashima event combo. The first time around I was struggling to convince myself to play through them, and that's when at least there were some story segments to look forward to.

At this point I just want Agartha, regardless of how bad it is.

I have something like 100BP stocked from event items.

I will not be using any of it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

The man called M posted:

Just curious, I haven't played Septem for quite some time, but I'm wondering, why does everyone hate it? At least it dosen't have the Gender Politics crap that Argatha has!

A sizable part of it is weak characters.

For example, flat out everyone on Nero's team should be trying to gut her from the word go. Lu Bu's entire shtick is constant betrayals, and Extella shows that not even Mad Enhancement can curb that instinct. Spartacus will tear your head off if you so much as imply oppression, meanwhile he works for a literal tyrant here. Jing Ke got famous for trying to assassinate an emperor. And Boudica dedicated her life to fighting against Nero's empire, only to go 'lol what can u do' and start helping Nero.

Every single one of them should want Nero dead, yet that all gets conveniently ignored and they fight for her without a word of complaint.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Aurora posted:

it's almost time, post your chart

this labeling system is stupid.

black x: have
red x: no please
orange triangle: eeeh
yellow circle: would be okay with
green checkmark: please

I burnt everything I had on CCC and Melt never came home.

Here's hoping for a repeat of the 1st anniversary gacha where I got Tamamo after burning everything I had on Halloween did nothing.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Crasical posted:

Megalos has a sweep attack that hits your whole party and if he decides to triple tap it it instantly wipes out your frontline. :shepicide:

loving BERSERKERS.

The very first fight against him I wiped and had to burn seals.

One hit later he hosed off and the fight ended. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Truly the strongest kouhai.

(I forgot Summer Artoria had NP drain, which unsynced Megalos and Columbus, and then everything went to hell.)