Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Oh, hey, if it isn't a Fate/Grand Order thread. I actually picked this up on its NA release, having watched and read F/SN many years ago. Memories of Saber and Lancer and Gil quickly rushed back to me when I started playing this.

I'm enjoying it well enough right now, having just beat Orleans. Helps that I got pretty lucky with getting Vlad and Gil, but I'm sure that'll be it for me getting 5* for free until sometime next year.

I'm still wondering what free 4* Servant to get. I don't think I need Herc and Emiya having gotten the aforementioned 5* Servants already (plus the Cat), and I've got two 4* Assassins. Saber Lily was pretty awful to start, but she's getting better as she levels up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

If you're in a position where you don't feel like you need any of them, just get whoever you like best. If you really wanna pick one gameplay-wise though, Elizabeth wouldn't be a bad call.

I was actually leaning towards her. For Lancers, I already have Cu Chu but I wouldn't mind having a second strong Lancer alongside him to help share the load. I don't think I need a 4* Rider with Medusa and Ushi already on my team.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

Elizabeth has 4* stats but just keep in mind her NP is kinda wet noodle, her best assets are her attack buff and her defense debuff.

Freak Futanari posted:

She also gets a really good bond CE.

That all sounds like a pretty good deal. I can live with a weak NP for now.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Quick question: now that I'm starting to run into my max levels for a bunch of characters, what's the best place to get materials for ascensions? The daily quests where you're dueling against the other Servants, or is there some other place maybe in the story somewhere?

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

NRVNQSR posted:

Depends on the materials. Pieces and Monuments are almost always best got from the Duel dailies. Other things like fangs and seeds technically come from the Monster Hunting dailies but are very rare; they sometimes have slightly better drop rates in free story quests. Some, like horseshoes and pages, simply aren't in the game right now.

All right then, I guess I'll stick with the Duel dailies for now while we still have the half-off deal. Kind of annoying that some aren't even around yet, but I guess that's to be expected.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Got utter crap on my first ten-roll and 8 tickets. Second (and last free) ten-roll was much better, getting myself a Nero and a Heaven's Feel as a nice bonus. I'll take it.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Just beat the Grand Finale, though I had to resort to using the "fully revive absolutely everyone" Command Spell, but a win's a win. Had a team of Vlad, Gil, and support Gil, and even then, got a bit lucky with who the enemy targeted.

Don't really care enough to try and farm it, so my job is done I guess.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Got the one Snake Jewel I needed to ascend Gil, and I got to ascend Vlad, Medea, and Ushi, so I'm happy with how this event turned out. And got Nero as a bonus.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Did just a couple of tries at 30 AP and decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Might regret it later, but oh well. Stuck mostly with the 10 AP and 20 AP to farm (in theory at least) teeth and lanterns respectively, which are more of an immediate need for me.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Decided to take a chance on a free 10-roll. No 5-stars but I did end up getting a Saber Alter so I'll deem this a success, even if everything else (besides maybe the With One Strike CE) was a dud. Also got two more Robin Hoods so the "Drop Rate Up!" is certainly true enough.

Don't have enough SQ for any more 10-rolls for now, but whatever.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That's quite a success indeed. Lucky Bastard.

It was kind of a cool effect when I got her. It initially showed up as yet another silver Saber card, then suddenly piece-by-piece turned into a gold card. I don't know if any other ones do that.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Decided to try my luck and use a free 10-roll for Waver. My big prize was two more "With One Strike" cards and a bunch of 3-star Servants and CEs. Guess that's my payback for getting the Saber Alter last time around. Oh well.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

First 10-pull could've been better, but it could've been worse too. Got my first Lancelot and also Euryale the Archer and Code Cast as new cards. The one Rider I got was my umpteenth Boudica.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Did one more free 10-roll, got pretty much garbage. Only new cards were Anchors Aweigh and Hektor, who I guess can warm the benches for Liz and Cu Chu.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

RanKizama posted:

I have NEVER seen a CE drop from a fight. What is this madness?

I actually just got my first-ever CE drop from one of the A Visitor in the Dark Night stages, Maid In Halloween. So I guess it's not a myth after all.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

The Live Encore wasn't as bad as I feared. I used my lvl 71 Vlad and lvl 71 Nero along with a lvl 90 Altera support. Liz's CE ended up taking out both my lvl 71 characters, but my lvl 50 Saber Alter and lvl 50 Saber Lily wrapped things up nicely. Having just one enemy class to fight against certainly makes things easier.

That new quest with the dragon and Caster Tamamo is another story. Got through one of those just by the skin of my teeth.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Did a 10-roll and spent several tickets to boot. Nothing in the way of good servants, but I did get a Poster Girl and After-Party Order, so it's hard to complain.

Anyways, the story for this event was rather odd, to say the very least. Still found it funny, though.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

I'm just hoping that more Guda-Os drop for me instead of me having to buy them from the store. I've gotten two already from the first 40AP mission. I'd rather save up for skulls since Nobu seems like a pretty solid character.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

For the time being, I'm sticking with the 40AP Saber quest for Hira-gumo purposes. I'm usually able to find an EMIYA with a Poster Girl CE for support, and I have my Nobu for extra help. Throw in my Gil just in case things get hairy, and it's a piece of cake.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

This 40AP Lancer quest was just what I was waiting for. I can usually find a strong Saber character (ideally Okita, but any high-level 4 or 5-star will do) with a Poster Girl, and with the one Poster Girl card I have, I can get a nice batch of Hira-gumos each time. And I need all the Claws of Chaos (and Hearts of the Foreign God, and Eternal Gears, etc.) I can get.

I've got about 640K points right now too, so getting the last Nobu seems a reasonable goal for me. Overall a very worthwhile event so far.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

The 40AP Caster quest was a lot closer than I would've liked. Sure doesn't help that I only have 3-star Riders at best. I'll probably stick with the 40AP Saber quest for Hira-gumo gathering purposes for now, unless a Drake support shows up.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Tried 40AP Caster again with a Marsha support that had a Poster Girl CE, and it went a lot smoother. It helped that I knew what to expect this time. And a Heart dropped as a bonus, so I'd call it a success.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

LornMarkus posted:

I'm with you on this. I flatly don't believe you could have bought out the entire shop without a lot of apples/quartz spent or getting obscenely lucky but it's been fairly fun overall and, as long as you know what you want, fairly easy to focus and get what you want.

Yeah, this event has been a definite help for me. I need loads of Claws and Hearts for my characters, so this was just what the doctor ordered. I'm not close to clearing out the other upgrade materials, but every one I get here is one less I have to grind for later on. And as a bonus the 40AP Caster fight gave me enough Snake Jewels to finally evolve Carmilla.

That said, I'm more or less at the point where I'm ready for this event to be over with so I can do other things.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Went ahead with the paid gacha, since the only 5* I had on there was a NP1 Vlad, and even this game wouldn't be cruel enough to give me a 2nd one as my guaranteed. Ended up getting an Orion which, while I already have a Gil as my only other 5*, was fine. At least I'm pretty much set for Archers now.

...And then against all odds I get an Altria. My first 5* Saber? Yes, please. Anyways, I think that used up all my luck until the new year.

Edit: Tried one free 10-roll on the Scathach banner. Utter garbage as expected, save for a Fergus to add to my collection.

Nick Biped fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 23, 2017

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Gosh darn you, at least give me some more time to level up the event characters! :mad: I mean, it's not terrible since they're all at least ascended once (not counting Marie and Martha who the game still refuses to give me), but still. Oh, well, can't really complain about another event though.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Did a free 10-roll, and was getting pretty much crap. Then the very last card gave me a Present For My Master. Certainly could've been worse.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Got Altria at 80, Nero at 74, and Lily, Altera, and Caesar between 50-60. Pretty good, but a bit more leveling wouldn't hurt. Totally want that MHX though when she's available.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

!!!

Sadly, it's my alternate account that I only play with from time to time, but still! Arjuna!

And a Grand New Year to boot. Congrats!

Did an obligatory 10-roll myself. Got nothing worth mentioning except for the Heroic New Year and Peacefulness of 2018 CEs. But they're new, so I'll take them.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Did one free 10-roll. Got nothing worthwhile in the way of servants (which was my fate during London as well), but I did get the Crimson Lotus and Bride Training CEs, so I can't complain.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Traveller posted:

Between Santa Alter, Waver and the edgelord there wasn't much of Gilles left one round after. The golems that came before were much more dangerous.

Other way around for me. Had no problems with the first two battles but struggled with the third. Having one each of an Assassin, Rider, and Caster to fight against is a pain in the bum, if you'll pardon my language.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

The latest prison day went smoother than the last one. It helped that Avenger was much more useful for these battles with Ignore Invincibility and having the advantage against Ruler.

Used a few tickets afterwards. No Avenger, but I finally got my first Marie Antoinette, so that was nice, my homies.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

And that's that for the event. Pretty fun stuff, and I found it enough of a challenge that I had to resort to Command Seals, which I have no regrets about. The ghost battle was a royal pain, and it didn't help that my best Caster is Halloween Liz. Sounds like leveling up Hans would've been really useful for this, but no point crying about it now.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Dee Ehm posted:

Take this as a lesson to level up your Hans. Hans is great. He's also an S-curver so you can get him to level 55 and leave him there if you don't wanna go for the last ascension and he'll still perform 95% as well.

Yeah, lesson learned. I've had a tendency to ignore my 1 and 2 star characters up until now.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Did a free 10-roll, and got a stream of utter garbage 3-star CEs and Servants I already have until I received an Ideal Holy King at the very end. Then I used a few tickets and got a Billy the Kid and Geronimo so I'll live with that for the time being.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Did a free 10-roll for Medb, ended getting up nothing but duplicates, with the only sort-of bright spot is getting Lancer Liz to NP3. Oh, well.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Did a free 10-roll and threw in a few tickets too. Complete dud servant-wise (two 3-stars which I already have), but I got my first-ever 2030 CE and a few of the event-specific CEs, so I can't complain too much.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

The Assassin node is definitely the toughest one yet. It doesn't help that Caster is probably my weakest class (no 5-stars, and Halloween Liz is my only 4-star character in that class). Still, it's manageable with her, Medea, and a support Waver, with Hans as one of my backups. I'm not exactly rushing through it though.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Did a 10-roll, got a Before Awakening and Innocent Maiden CE which is very welcome for this event. The Servants I got were basically poop, but oh well.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Well, I guess I'll be sticking with the 2BP for now. Tried the 3BP and didn't even get close to beating it. Had a bit of bad luck regarding who the enemies targeted, but even then, I don't see it happening at this point, at least until I get more of the event CEs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

So I just got around to starting Camelot and did the first few battles.

Man, they're not fooling around anymore, are they? Starting with Lv. 62 battles and I'm sure going up from there. This will be interesting, to say the least.