Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yo how important is it to reroll in this game. i got a vlad on my initial roll but my next two ten rolls seem subpar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NRVNQSR posted:

Almost every unit is somewhat viable and there are very good units at low rarities, so the purpose of rerolling is more to get something you like rather than to get something strong. If you like Vlad stick with him, especially since rerolling is now much harder because the launch bonuses have expired.

i have a vlad/medea/robin hood team that seems pretty fun, even though the latter two are pretty squishy and vlad can get absolutely blasted for being a berserker. i also have some 4* ce that starts him at 60% charge rate which is nice, but the only saber i have rolled is gilles who seems kinda blah and the lily i got for free.

i actually am really enjoying that team i have so i am glad if it will be fine. i just wish they werent so squishy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nate RFB posted:

Berserkers are kind of useless at low levels because of how quickly they die but it is absolutely worth the investment since once you level them up even a little bit they'll both start surviving longer and be able to kill anything way before they bite it anyway. Getting George in the FP roll mitigates this a lot as well.

i actually had a george and didnt realize he's got two arts cards and can tank so i swapped robin hood for him and it's going a lot more smoothly now, thanks!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

after ascending george and giving him some dumb rear end 4* np that gives him health he's becoming a pretty good tank. also after ascending vlad and him having 9k health and the defense buff he can kind of live now. of course i am really only accomplishing this by doing the 40 ap daily mission with this random level 90 jeanne pubby friend i made.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

should i be doing the story instead of just running the 40 ap daily mission with my highest level pubby friends all day? also should i add a bunch of goon buddies, it seems like y'all play on jp

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i did a yolo pull and got some 4* archer lady that buffs quick cards with her first skill

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey when is this 3* stupid looking claws rate up banner gonna end

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i definitely don't much care for the gacha in this game, but a comparison to the FEH one isn't really 1:1 since you can pull base 3* as a 5* unit in FEH. not to mention you can pull the on banner 5* you were hoping for in FEH and find out it rolled an IV that makes the unit way less viable. and no, i don't mean ~non optimal~ but the game has stat breakpoints and rolling a -spd can make a unit trash compared to what it should be.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

give it time and there will be bonus maps you can unlock with amiibos

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NRVNQSR posted:

I didn't play that much FEH before losing momentum, but that does seem to be something it does decently as well? It has 1* welfare units like Hana and Olivia that can be levelled up to be among the strongest units in the game.

not really, with skill inheritance in the game a lot has changed. if you spent a bunch of feathers to build up a 1* hana you would still need to spend a bunch of feathers to level up other characters to inherit skills into her. and that's just for one unit on a team of four. and that's assuming you don't want to clear all of the pve content, some of which is designed to challenge whales. and a lot of which now is gonna require multiple teams.

edit: as an admittedly super casual player i have i think 24k feathers. that's not playing full time every day and not doing all content, but that's also enough to raise one character from 4* to 5*, and two characters from 3* to 4*.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i decided to do a 30 quartz pull because hey why not, and i got my second 5* ce. the exact same as my first 5* ce, that increases NP damage by 40%. i assume this is, in fact, not useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ever since someone told me earlier in the thread about George my team is Vlad/George/idc