Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Which of the starting drops pull 5*s? I haven't seen one after many, many rerolls, so want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

5 10-pulls, 1 ticket, no Nero, no Altera.

Fuuuck this game. :mad:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

XainZero posted:

Also I'm pretty sure I have bizzaro-luck because 2 of those 3 pulls had a Kaleidoscope AND a Limited Zero/Over.

Yeah, I got those in my pulls today, which was pretty much the golden lining of the whole sad mega-pull other than getting Robin Hood.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

62 drops for this event, no new servants above 3*.

If I didn't already have the tremendous death engine that is Waver / Lance / Herc + Kaleidoscope, I feel like I would have checked out already, yeesh.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Surprised and pleased to see Waver / Lance / Herc being able to take on the Level 50 quest for the event... at level ~40, with usually no losses.

I guess that's the power of Kaleidoscope.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, I had to blow three command spells for that last fight, but considering I'm still underleveled for it by about 20 levels, I'm happy getting it any way I can.

Getting the impression that the suggested levels of given stages is, uh, flexible given a certain amount of optimization. Really could use a second room-sweeper, though I imagine it'll be awhile before I have somebody that can take Herc's place to fill that role.

Marogareh posted:

I really want whoever did this to make one for every character.

It's part of the important process that is anime rewriting all of history.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I'm glad, at least, that TF2 got me to set a life rule not to buy blind-box stuff.

Granted, it limits what I can do in a wallet-grasping app like this, but I have a perfectly functional team on $0 now to grind my way through the game with.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

You got 3 grails to take a low-Star Servant and bring it to lvl 75-85 too, no need to buy rarer guys to clear the content.

I'm happy to see people borrowing my grailed Arash and Asterios. :)

Blowing out my quartz on this rate-up didn't get me what I wanted - like, at all. But I did get double Kaleidoscopes, luckily. If I could get a second high-ranked AoE servant, I'd be set, but as it is I can often just double-NP the last wave and call it a day.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I'm still fairly amazed we keep getting these random releases but that Fate/Stay Night has never gotten a formal release outside of Japan that I'm aware of. I mean, it's out there as :filez:, but it's weird to see all these spinoffs getting localized with no apparent interest in providing context for the series. Granted, the fandom fills the gaps admirably, but it's all remarkably :effort:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I feel like it's just leaving money on the table at this point. Considering the market for PC VNs right now is pretty strong internationally, the work would be rewarded if they put out a professional release. I mean, Clannad had really impressive sales that cracked the top 5 sellers on Steam, which is even more impressive considering its high price point for a decade-plus old game that looks like a terrifying parody of anime art these days.

But, you know. You're right. It'd be hard. It's obviously better to exploit gacha addicts instead.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Motto posted:

The biggest hurdle is likely whatever license fee TM is asking, though I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at some point considering how much stuff comes over these days.

Yeah. It just feels weird we get rando spinoffs like Melty Blood and Fate/Extella but that Type-Moon hasn't seemed to catch on that there's a market themselves. Not that such is that unusual amongst Japanese developers and producers, mind.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, the Janne event made me just squint and shrug. I only dumped out for the last event because I really wanted Altera, but gacha is bad civilization, as it turns out.

Time to go back to stocking quartz for my next false hope.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

This is a basic, dumb question, but when / where can you apply those Fou cards to upgrade a character's numbers? I haven't been able to find when / where you can do that, and the internet is no help that I can find.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Tarezax posted:

Feed them to a servant like you would exp.

When I pull up the Servant > Enhance menu, I don't see them for some reason, but I can see them in my inventory. I presume this is the wrong menu. This is the case with any class I pull up.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Argas posted:

Check your filters.

:doh:

Set them when I first started playing and completely forgot I did that afterwards. Thanks!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I've easily done around two hundred rolls and never seen a 5-star servant aside from the one I rerolled for.

I know what to expect from this game.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Logins, completing weekly missions, and story / interlude missions.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Been unable to connect all day, anybody else been having issues?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Ashsaber posted:

Try enabling and disabling your wifi/airplane mode. Sometimes phones/tablets get kinda hosed.

Switching to my data plan fixed it, not sure why when everything else seemed to be working on the wireless. Weird. Thanks!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Catching up a bit late, but is there an actual formula as to what grants you bonus points in this event? Got a lucky Okita and figure that's cause to care, so trying to figure out the best win / points ratio to go for. (I mean, really lucky considering she's the only ☆☆☆☆☆ I've pulled outside of rerolls.)

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I think it's enough for me right now just to see Okita and Lance chain off of each other, it's kind of amazing to actually get a synergy like that going as a pure welfare player. and actually has me interested in the game again just to refine that little star-farming strategy instead of just relying on "Waver's berserker train".

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

a kitten posted:

What the heck kinda Lovecraft game lets you kill the monsters?! Back in my day we just crept around cautiously planning poo poo, and then all went insane once one finally showed up.

Most of them, contrary to popular perception.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Taciturn Tactician posted:

guys i think it's very important you all know that this game about evil female king arthur dressing up as santa and punching grown men pretending to be babies is not taking the lovecraft mythos seriously enough!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the real question isn't whether or not we're disrespecting the rather aged stories of a racist anti-semite, the question is whether or not we're disrespecting them enough.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Plutonis posted:

It's not even disrespectful, reading the Salem story stuff it's pretty clear that whoever wrote it knew their Mythos cause there's a lot of clues and refs

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san has some deep Lovecraft cuts too, but I'm not sure that necessarily makes a thing "respectful" (whatever that means, anyway...) Certainly doesn't make it serious, at any rate.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Get yourself an Altera or Lancelot and you're pretty well set.

Until Jalter happens and she becomes the be-all end-all

Yeah, Lance heavily benefits from crits but can only reliably generate them using his NP.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Clawtopsy posted:

i need so many loving gears :negative:

I just need one for Okita. Just... one.

And then a bunch for Waver after that I guess, but he's S-curve, so no rush.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Saving all my quartz for Saber Wars right now, but is it possible to pull the London 3-stars right now through the Friend Gacha?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Having gotten a Bride Nero on a ticket throw (after wasting 300+ quartz chasing MHX, go figure), what's the general opinion on her?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Taciturn Tactician posted:

There isn't a Nero Bride rating in the OP, is there?

Not that I could see, which is why I asked.

She's only the 3rd ☆☆☆☆☆ summon I've ever pulled since launch, don't get too jealous, folks. :ssh:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Anything to help my Okita / Waver / Lancelot crit farm would be nice.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Sad that this is such a chauvinistic event, I'm pretty sure my Lancelot needs to express his feelings already, and then weaponize them.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Plutonis posted:

Next year they'll add scenes of you giving chocolate to your male servants and them giving you gifts in return.

Ah, that's good to hear, at least.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, multiple mobage games like Puzzle & Dragons have genderswapped Thors already, they wouldn't even be breaking new ground. (Marvel beat them ages ago to the notion anyway.)

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I've got 29 tickets right now, going to be squirreling them away for a good long while, most likely, at least until Merlin or Christmas, presuming my willpower holds out.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

... where's the rest of the ranking? I need this information.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at, where I'm tempted to roll for Grimjanne but I have to remind myself I only have like 100+ rolls saved up and that's actually still bad odds.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Also, with level 100 Okita backed up by Waver and Lance, I'm not exactly hurting for high damage output these days. It may not be The Best, but she does well enough against anybody who doesn't love arrows.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I let myself toss 10 (and only 10) tickets on a Janne gamble, and got Marie and Rama instead. So not too bad. :ssh:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Gloomy Rube posted:

This is Altera that was Atilla the Hun, not Altera that lives in the moon.

That's Fate for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I have to say I'm totally down for the Holy Grail Olympics as a premise. Make it happen, Type-Moon.