Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Schubalts posted:

...the boss and battle design has been changing to focus on burning the enemy down as fast as possible, so purely defensive Servants aren't viewed as favorably as they were early on in the game's life.

Okay, i have to ask; what makes you say this? The game as of EoR has added an explicit mechanic to make sure battles take x many turns no matter what and boss HP numbers have been ballooning to the point where challenge bosses now can have 3m hp, to say nothing of enemies with powerful defensive gimmicks. Defensive strategies have been more important than ever in my game, and I have no idea how you one round later bosses short of having thrown so much money that you can Jalter Waver Merlin.

For my part, I used a buddy Marie on the first fight of the final boss and her healing made it a lot more possible. I still frequently use Mash on harder fights because doing enough damage before I run out of health is a persistent problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sciencegar posted:

When I said all that, I was hoping there might be discussion about how the logic was flawed. Apparently I'm not getting that though.

Since you're apparently very seriously looking for a response and not just trolling, you're wrong except in the extremely short term. If you look at most of these they happen in gimmicky circumstances that take longer than doing the fight normally, I.e. the example against Spartacus taking 32 turns, and usually involve reckless use of grails and such that only really works in certain situations.

Having multiple members on the team has several huge advantages, not least of which is multiple hp and np bars, as well as skills. At low levels this isn't as important because it's hard to charge an np once, and a lot of fights will be won on pure card play where Extra attacks matter a lot more. As the game goes on, unless you're super whaling fights will take longer, enemies will deal more damage and most defensive powers are on skills, not noble phantasms, making character count a bigger part than reliable card draw. In addition, the enemies are deliberately bad about focus firing (and when they do focus fire, it's usually extremely dangerous and hard to deal with) which means multiple health bars helps keep your champs out longer. In addition, most sustain comps focus on AOE restoration and NP gain,which means for every standing character you get the effect multiplied.

That isn't even touching on the idea of complementary skills, and no, throwing the skill on and dying isn't convenient because 1: it's really hard to reliably get the character you want to die and you may lose your "champion" and 2: as the fights go longer and you level up skills, you will get more uses in a single battle out of a character.

In summary, the game is absolutely easier with multiple characters and not only are solo gimmicks actually more challenging and require having specific people, they're usually slower. Hope that helped.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Is it also one of those cases where you might just want to perpetually charm/bind him to prevent him from casting Stella at all? It feels like the Gawain strategy is one that would be useful for a lot of these harder fights, at least against Males.

He also of course comes with a resistance to disabling debuffs.

Having given it a shot with some time between work, it looks doable, especially if you have Nero to guts through multiple turns of nonsense. There isn't a lot of strategy that I could see aside from possibly stalling him with NP reducing effects to let his NP damage booster wear off since he's just immune to everything. Kind of dumb, all in all.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Another option is to forget anything else exists in the Fate property except F/GO it's been stated that Fuggo is basically the mainline Fate story, now that its playerbase dwarfs the previous combined Fate fandom by multiple factors. If you're not hype to read a visual novel, the story it contains has nothing to do with FGO, up to even some setting conceits being different.

I'd say branch out into other Fate or Nasu titles not to understand FGO, because it won't contribute to that, but because you like the stylings and want more content in the same vein.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Until the crossover happens and you want to know what's going on.

Literally the only crossover with a plot that is part of a Fate game is CCC, which isn't even available in english, and explains everything about the characters as applies to FGO because it's as long as a story chapter anyway. The other crossover events so far have been with tv series.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Endorph posted:

some characters from other stuff dont get much focus in f/go. like emiya, vanilla artoria. angra is one of the franchise's best characters and he's literally a hidden secret that has never been in an event and you might not know is even in the game if you dont look him up.

and some of the other best characters aren't even in the game, like kotomine, caren, and bazett.

That's the point, though, it's not in the game. If you just like FGO, you don't have to care about Kotomine because he's literally only found on CE art. His character means nothing to FGO.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with "play other Fate games because they are cool." The other games are cool. I'd recommend everyone play CCC if it wasn't exclusively in Japanese; hell, I'd LP it if I didn't have a job and LPs were still a thing and not totally paved over by Twitch. But there is zero required familiarity for FGO, and all the best moments in this game we are talking about in this thread stand on their own.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Yeah they're ok. Astolfo is cute but shame he's such a poo poo character in game. Personality is excellent though.

PSA: Astolfo is actually a really good rider and most arguments against them sum up to dumb "but shes a he" nonsense

don't believe the haters, i grailed my astolfo to 90 after they beat the final boss of the first story arc single-handedly. Astolfo Is Good

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Tsurupettan posted:

you're the first person i've seen ever say astolfo is good. all of my jp-playing friends who have him say he's not good, and they love the character. the summary of responses i've gotten when asking about him is '#1 waifu but you'll be disappointed with him in gameplay'.

I have Quetzalcoatl at 6/6/8/1 and I use Astolfo in preference to her unless I need a rider who doesn't need a team built around them. And Quetz is like my other favorite character.

To put it another way, when I was fighting Memorial Saber Alter for the second anniversary, I accidentally procced instant death on her second health bar and my front line pretty much wiped instantly, leaving me with only Astolfo and Jeanne.

They killed her third health bar of 1.3m on their own

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Trihugger posted:

Yes, the 2 Hakuno CE's are really good. On high crit star generating teams, they are 2 of the few CE's in the game that outperform the Rin and Shirou CE's for pure damage. Too bad a Quick version still doesn't exist 2 years later.

hey you take that back, Holy Night Sign exists and you can have it for FREE.

it's just... drastically worse, because it's from the days when event giveaways were planned to be flat out significantly worse than gacha CEs. whoops.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Schubalts posted:

[...]go last in a 3-NP Buster Chain, [...]

Rider Carribean Freebird is a Quick card, so that makes that a difficult proposition. On the other hand, I've heard that chain colors and associated bonuses don't affect noble phantasms the way they do normal cards. So NPs don't get damage advantages or extra arts/stars for leading buster, arts or quick cards.

On the other other hand, I've never found an emperical source for any of the combat math analysis and the game sure doesn't feel like sharing! So maybe I'm entirely wrong.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

NRVNQSR posted:

In practice yes because that's the way the meta works out, but in principle Quick card crits are very good too; a critical on a Quick card does more damage than a normal Buster, almost as much NP charge as a normal Arts and gives you a load of stars so you'll crit again next turn.

Unfortunately things don't really go that way because there are much better supports for Buster and Arts cards than for Quick cards, because critical stars don't benefit NPs at all and because there are lots of ways to get all the stars you'll ever need without even using them. I don't know how they'll ever make Quick cards relevant again as long as Fragments of 2030 exists.

To add to this, the further you get from buster cards, the more your effectiveness is really determined by the stats the game doesn't tell you about. For example Carmilla, Jack the Ripper and Okita are all examples of characters who lean on quick cards and get much more out of them than other ostensibly quick card focused characters such as Atalanta, and this is partially due to hit count and partially due to stats like star gen and NP gain. For a buster, these stats might mean an appreciable amount of stars, maybe. For a quick card it can be the difference between three guaranteed crits next turn AND also filling up your NP gauge instantly... or you can be Atalanta, who has several hits and can't build gauge to save her life across QQAAB, much less generate stars outside her NP. this is one of the reasons Jack the Ripper is rated extremely highly, in addition to having a solid steroid complimenting a powerful NP.

Also re: Fragments of 2030, remember if you're wearing that, it's purely an HP boost, stats wise, and you're not wearing a CE that buffs damage, gives starting NP... it's a good CE but getting your stars other ways means being able to use CEs that do other things and give better stats instead.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

diarmund being useless makes me sad

Don't let that stop you!

I got someone on my friend list with a level 100 Diarmuid, because that's how you play this game.
Their friend message is "Waiting for Saber Diarmuid..." and has been some variant of that since before there were friend messages.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 7, 2017

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Soylentbits posted:

Who are the best grail candidates for pure gameplay reasons? Is Cu like Hans and worth raising to 80? I know the game is easy enough otherwise but I'm just curious from a pure gameplay perspective.

The correct answer is that the best person to grail is the person who will let you enjoy the game more if you can use them more. That's it. There's a lot of potential arguments to be made about who should and should not get grails- for example, it's common wisdom that 5*s don't need them since they get less stats, but you can also argue that most good 5*s are incredibly powerful and focusing more power on them is more desirable than promoting a bunch of lessers youll use less. I think statistically, pound for pound, 4*s get the most going from 80 to 90 since it's the most levels per grail but the growth rate per level is still affected by your rarity, but you can also argue that the important part of grails isn't stats, it's shoring up functional teams, which is why grailing people like Hans is worth it. And none of these arguments are wrong.

The real answer is that FGO is extremely well balanced, especially amongst the catastrophe of power creep and gameplay balance thanks most mobage, and there's basically no such thing as bad servants, just bad masters, as the saying goes. The servants who are good have the stats they need, and grailing is explicitly not a mechanic that is taken into the balance considerations outside of possibly some ridiculous challenge content with minimal rewards that exists mostly for the sake of doing it. Grails are not how you make the game, they're how you break it.

Use your grails for love, because the point of the game is to have fun and the game will make sure you can have fun.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Gologle posted:

Haha, so Sakura is a Lancer, Rin is an Archer, and Saber is a Saber. And Shirou is a Ruler, but also an Archer. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Wrong Shirou, for the ruler. That shirou is a real person, unrelated to anime.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amakusa_Shirō

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Mission complete.

I doubt this was what Parvati was expecting when she asked me for help. :getin:

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

Does the Halloween Gacha not drop Saber Alter. I've done like $15,000 worth of pulls and I've yet to see a Saber Alter. Or Nero for that matter.

Saber Alter is storylocked. Story locked servants ONLY show up in the story gacha unless the gacha banner explicitly mentions them or mentions being an exception.

Edit: Nero is also storylocked.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 17, 2017

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Gloomy Rube posted:

I want to see something like Kiara Alter where they're the opposite but in a good way instead. So she'd be actually a gentle nun but pretend to be a sadistic demon.

Darius Alter would only show up in gachas if asked for first because he's very polite

the problem is Kiara Alter would have to be Saver class, since that is who Kiara would be save for the elements that turned her into the demonic boddhisatvha and a playable Saver would probably do uh

interesting

things to the setting

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Gologle posted:

So, in the wake of the Singularities being fixed, Chaldea is essentially a magical superpower independent nation, right? One Holy Grail in Fuyuki was enough to destroy the world, and Chaldea has like ten or more of them powering its systems and Servants. You have hundred of beings from across all human history at your command, and they all kick rear end to varying degrees. Like, if Gudako wanted to, she could take over the world with ease?

As the story touches upon after the first plot arc, the Chaldean Master is probably the greatest master and has the most experience fighting with and against servants of anyone ever...

But they’re still a total poo poo mage.

If the Mages Guild or any number of magically skilled factions wanted to they could kill them like a gnat. Their actual magical capabilities are so bad most of their Servants can’t use a lot of their biggest tricks, so while a war of military force would be one thing, a wizard conflict would be impossible.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Nyaa posted:

I dunno man, we got the smartest strategist of humanity, most cunning wizard, and the greatest detective alive as servant.

Caster servant can do just as well without a mage master like Medea.

They have a future and past prediction machine, a time travel machine, and a Leonado davin ci making whatever magic tool or grail battery to sustain any servant they need.

Then you can tell that to the writers, who have been running with that plot point since EoR started. In fact the idea that the Chaldean master sucks and is the major limitation on why your servants aren't all the hottest poo poo ever has been in place since the start of the game. I doubt they're going to have Da Vinci pull a solution out if nowhere like this is a Saturday morning cartoon anytime soon.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

wait what

did they add an astolfo outfit

which one, is there video of the outfit in action

holy poo poo I need this in US immediately

Supposedly the hippogryph is better but the animations are otherwise unchanged. Haven’t used them much yet since I’m in Shimosa which is all about the knight classes to check.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 10, 2017

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

Sorry, i had a typo, it's 943,911,223

Sent a friend request, ign is ロビン. Also, if anyone on JP server wants to add me, my friend code is 289,983,677. Got a good doggo and a grailed BB, along with some other stuff. Rider is usually Quetzalcoatl, but is currently Astolfo for the new outfit.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Mason Dixon posted:

So, I know a very good arts team is Vlad/Jeanne/Tamamo, would Vlad/Jeanne/Waver be close or better?

Waver isn’t really worse per se, honestly. He can take either the slot of Tamamo or Jeanne, depending on the situation; in general, waver brings more offense to the table where tamamo and Jeanne both bring more defense and stall. The nice thing about Waver is he brings a crit damage buff and a broad attack buff, which helps Vlad use his stars (and the stars from Jeanne’s first skilll)from his NP and his buster cards. Tamamo brings more NP charge and Arts buff, which means combined they have a lot of offense, and Jeanne brings a full invincibility and more stall. Tbh since you can always (excepting Shimosa...)bring a friend Tamamo I’d say that Waver is just as good, and will help non Arts teams as well.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Wuxi posted:

Is Scathach actually dead btw, or did she just stroll down from the shadowlands to say hello?

The game goes into detail as it goes on that the Throne of Heroes isn't exactly an afterlife, and that heroic spirits aren't all dead people. characters like Nursery Rhyme exemplify this, but Heroic Spirits can exist even before they were ever born because the Throne doesn't care about reality as mortals are trapped by.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

RuanGacho posted:

I would declare my loyalty but we live in a gacha based civilization.

There is a new understanding of the term one percenters as it applies to our society now that we roll the gacha to determine our life quality

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

EGSunBro posted:

Is there a general rule for how to progress through 1.5? Kinda overwhelmed by choice now. I know Shinjuku has the Lobo fights that walled some people.

If you cleared the CCC event and have BB, make sure she’s leveled. EoR is pretty heavy on Extra classes and there are a handful of Avengers which she can help with. Otherwise the biggest thing is mostly what Nyaa said; if you’ve been relying on one turn burst the you need to prepare to vary your tactics, because EoR has a much stronger emphasis on gimmick bosses, enemies with multiple health bars, and smart AI that will use its skills much more precisely. It’s not impossibly hard, but if you get stonewalled the answer is more likely to look for a gimmick answer in your CEs or a tech skill on your servants than to pile more damage on.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

ZiegeDame posted:

So is there any way to control which artwork a support servant uses, or is it based on whatever the friend has them set to? Because if it's the latter I've got some very irresponsible parents on my friends list. Jack is going to catch her death of cold.

You can’t control it, but by default the game doesn’t allow the friend to either. The setting in options allows you to see what appearance and card the user chose, otherwise it’ll just use whatever the last ascension they have is.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

ZiegeDame posted:

It sure would be nice if I could follow this thread without being spoiled on story stuff that's 2 years out, though

As someone who is playing the Japanese side it’d be nice if I could follow this thread without getting spoiled on things the day they come out, honestly. I couldn’t immediately finish Salem because of time constraints, but the first time I opened the thread that it was all ‘Let’s talk about the Salem plot and mechanics without any spoiler tags ha ha hope you don’t have a life outside playing FGO’

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 4, 2017

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Ashsaber posted:

Okay, Jalter is growing on me more than I thought. The whole 'I don't want to be an actual servant, especially not to the person who was cool enough to defeat me, but I totally will anyways just to rub it in Santa Alter's bitch face' was pretty great. As was the foreshadowing of the next Christmas event, if they originally intended it that way.

Jeanne Alter and Artoria Alter are engaged in a constant game of Alter oneupsmanship and it is pretty great. For more in this vein look forward to Shinjuku.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Now that's very interesting, I never stopped to think what the card type meant for a NP outside of its potential for how it affects the rest of the cards. So the card type affects the damage output (with Quick surprisingly being the biggest bang for your buck), but I assume the NP card's placement in the chain doesn't matter? I remember that being mentioned a few times. Because I know that normally a Buster Card going first is 150% while going third it's 210%.
Something like Orion/Euryale/Tamamo? Lots of anti-male damage potential, skills/NP to reduce NP guages and charm him, Fox Wedding boosts, skill cooldown reduction, etc.

You seem to be misunderstanding, the card affects the multiplier added to the multiplier of the NP. None of the card type NPs really are better or worse, the NPs have bigger damage multipliers to compensate for lower multipliers in the card. Quick has twice the multiplier of Buster because a Quick card offers half the damage multiplier. Otherwise, people would be even more off their rockers for Buster cards and they couldn’t sell characters who had non Buster NPs. No, I mean even more than in the post Merlin world.

Ironically this means without Merlin Buster NPs are slightly hobbled because Arts and Quick chains and cards form a function that occurs regardless, but Buster card bonuses are compensated for and their chains don’t affect NPs.

also Astolfo rating is trash, i demand a reappraisal

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

the real answer is ‘don’t think too much about it’ because we also have stuff like the Tamamo Nine becoming servants despite only ever existing because of a desperate decision by servant-Tamamo in the Mooncell. Unless it’s done in Tamacat’s interlude or something the game does not even TRY to explain how they’re summoned, much less by the Chaldean system.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I rolled once for waver and instead got nero, which I'm ok with.

Is bride nero a big upgrade over regular nero when she come around? Tamamo/Jeanne/Nero is almost as much immortal bullshit as Tamamo/Jeanne/Waver

Bride Nero is not even the same character. Normal Nero is a durable generalist attacker who doesn’t die and uses all her cards thanks to IP. Bride Nero is a buffer who helps herself or other allies do a ton of damage in short periods. They can work together but they actually aren’t an upgrade over each other.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

It always seemed to me that the Quick buff that's needed is a boost to crits on a Quick card being 4x instead of 2x. Then the damage output would exceed a Buster card and give one a reason to want to produce stars with Quick servants.

quick actually already gets more from crits than any other card type in the game, since crits also gain more NP (by a huge amount) and stars, which helps generate more crits, see also ‘why jack is incredibly powerful’

if your quick card means you get another crit next turn the gap disappears almost entirely in pure damage, and you gain a bunch of other returns as well, leaving you well ahead of someone who does all their Buster crits and watches the enemy shrug off a single health bar

The quick servants who are good are actually all really good, and quick cards are not the second class card everyone seems to think they are, hth. The main reason people want a quick support has more to do with Merlin/Tamamo’s huge effect on party function though their kits and especially NPs to encourage survivability, NP charge and overall damage.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

[quote="“Stallion Cabana”" post="“479600233”"]
I assume the reason they don’t remember within the standard ‘context’ of Holy Grail Wars is that if you fought someone multiple times you would end up already knowing who they were, giving you an unfair advantage.
[/quote]

As is pointed out in London the Throne doesn’t exist for the sake of grail wars, and the servants fighting each other is more of an abuse of an existing function of reality than the main purpose. It exists to stockpile weapons that can be used to fight threats to the fundamental existence of the world. What is ‘fair’ in the grail war is utterly irrelevant to the original system.

Also for the purposes of FGO at least heroic spirits absolutely return to the Throne, bringing their memories et. al. with them, which is even a weird plot point in Agartha. The Summoning system just ensures that a Servants memories are experienced as if they were anciently old, except for new ones during the current summoning, to keep them from developing problematic behavior traits over time; they leave vague impressions, but only the most incredibly important encounters leave a permanent impression.

Like Quetzalcoatl and Lucha Libre.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Randomzx posted:

From what I understand, the Moon cell draws upon its own vast records of multiple timelines as well as drawing some data from the Throne of Heroes to 'summon' or create the Servants.

It’s also worth noting that Extra Emiya isn’t FSN Emiya, though he sort of was in original Extra. CCC semi retcons him to be based on the Extra Shirou, who never fought in a grail war since magic was dead by then, and instead joined up with the Resistance, growing into the role of basically a drill sergeant. The loose implication is the resulting servant is created by the Moon Cell using the existence of the Emiya servant in the metaverse, but the manifestation isn’t based on the same Shirou.

It’s a little buggy.

Also the Moon Cell has weird differences in it like how it tries to manifest servants as much in line with their legends as it can, resulting in oddities like how (CCC spoilers) Tamamo and Karna can technically ignore reality, because the Lunar Sea is a virtualization of the moon... and in human myth, the sun is always stronger than the moon, so they have authority over the entire simulation. They’re also coded with a personality to think using it is extremely unfair, but they can if they opt to decide to just not die, or reject other core principles, because the Moon Cell is that dedicated to accuracy.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I like Liz's character, and her third ascension costume is cute. I have no need for an AOE Lancer after getting Lancer Artoria but I would not be upset if I maxed her out someday. Someday...

Liz’s purpose is not as a main attacker. You may not need an AoE attack but I bet your Lancer Artoria would appreciate a 40% attack buff, and a 20% defense reduction, to stack multiplicatively with her own Buster and critical buffs, from a friend who can also contribute against the same classes she can.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

genericnick posted:

Quick and Arts is clear, but does + X% buster cards do anything else than a X% attack buff would do on a buster card?

I don’t believe so as such, but they are a little different in terms of how the game handles them, because the game calculates all buffs of the same type additively, but different types multiplicatively (as far as I understand). So two 20%buster buffs on the same character is 40% more damage, but a 20% buster buff and a 20% attack buff is 44% more, and so on.

Technically buster cards have a small star gen modifier, but I don’t know if the buster performance effect increases that.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

^^^ why would you not use the much superior second ascension art for both lancers, their armor is hella rad

Nate RFB posted:

That's a fair point, I forgot about her strengthening quest boost on that first skill. Still getting it (and her defense debuff) to level 10 is a daunting task in a game like this to say the least. Still, in the case of L.A.A., I'm not sure Liz has the star drop rate (based on the number of hits on her quick cards) to fully let her buster crits prosper. Maybe if you gave her and a support Merlin 2030s.

FWIW, with both wearing 2030 and Merlin’s NP up you’d be making 21 stars a turn, which is enough to max both her busters even without the 10 she makes from her crit skill. Even with Liz using Wolves of Mibu, say, it’s 17, which is only 30% less and even low levels of the skill make up for that. Also, having Liz means having a way to use those stars to deal damage to archers (which is presumably who you brought Laltria to fight) on turns she has no cards.

Also, as the game goes on having skills at 10 becomes a more and more reasonable proposition as the game goes on. Later events are more generous, later nodes are more generous, and the more tools and powerful characters you have the easier it is to get the most out of events, especially, without grinding your nose clean off. Even playing fairly casually, I’ve been much more limited by legend lores than resources lately.

fake edit: of course if you want to say ‘but what about a second merlin’ i mean there’s not much that can be said to that.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 30, 2017

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

[quote="“Captain Baal”" post="“479791048”"]
His NP used to have a heal

Think about that. This loving meta defining servant’s NP on top of having NP gain over turns, a regen, and gains stars all of them for 5 loving turns and this NP is very easy to cycle and stack the skills again, also had a heal.

For 3k
[/quote]

After the depressing lineup of failure that was the chapter 6 story supports, where everyone was underleveled and only available for fights they weren’t useful in, i was happy to have a story buddy who gave me 200 fp a pip AND made the entire thing comparatively easy

I don’t think he had his third skill for most of it though, but even without it he would have been shockingly amazing, the fact that it’s the best skill in the game is just candy

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

as someone who cares about the story of this internet mobile game Grand Order i would like to reject the allegation that anyone who cares about the story of this game goes through every stated rule anywhere in any related property to see if anything might have been possibly broken based on wild conjecture so that angry internet posting can happen

i am too busy with my new octopus friend

thank you

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Compendium posted:

tag your stuff please tyvm

sorry, fixed