Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Ashsaber posted:

I mean, I probably don't need two or more copies sitting around, since the very purpose seems to be opposed to using two at once. Should I just start towards max limit break now? I definitely wasn't going to burn it though.

If you have more than one servant in your support slots that would get good use out of that CE, then that's one reason to keep multiple I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Trihugger posted:

The one Rin summons, because Rin is the best mage so she clearly summons Actually Satan as her Servant.

If you haven't already, watch these videos with subtitles on, it really adds to the joke

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I really feel sorry for anyone whose only exposure to Kotomine is "that guy who's on a few CEs"

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Goddamn, that NP damage chart. Maybe I should be putting Robin in my All slot instead of Heracles

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

What does the column between AP and AP Per Drop mean?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Pierson posted:

First Artorias on the Gil banner

drat I wish we could summon him. Would he be Saber or Berserker? :v:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

In my last two fights against Heracles he kept spamming his attack buff in one, and evade and guts in the other. But I didn't care because I was spamming Rule Breaker

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Assuming they're the same as the JP version, I am really looking forward to a 10 AP quest with an over 100% drop rate for blue caster gems

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I remember someone saying on discord that we probably wouldn't see them for another nine months, so I guess they're early? Pretty awesome.

e:fb

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I've been informed that the "nine months" was hyperbole

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

a kitten posted:

Where's the best place for homunculus babies now? Assuming there is a semi decent spot.

I got one from the Lancer dailies yesterday. According to the JP drops spreadsheet they're 165 AP/drop from the 30AP quest.

Edit: At least I'm guessing that's where it came from, I only noticed I had it today but I don't know where else it could have come from. I didn't start playing until after Nerofest so it wasn't from that.

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 4, 2017

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I just wasn't understanding why one would want to sit on any of them, unless the idea is that you could just spend that AP on the 30/40 AP Free Quests instead.

I believe the only event item dropped by party quests is bats, so you could let them sit until you have bought all the Maid in Halloween CEs to maximise your bat drops.

Both guerilla quests I've done so far have dropped three pumpkins on top of the one for completion, so they seem worth doing to me!

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 18, 2017

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Gologle posted:

My NP3 3rd Ascended Artoria is easily the MVP of this event for me, by the way. I may not like her and I may still wish I had gotten a different Servant, but she is cleaning house on and at all stages of this event.

Honestly, thanks to her and the occasional double Waver whenever I find one of my support list with a petit devil, the 40AP quest is easier for me than the 30, because the 30 has those Wyverns, and while I do have two Assassins for them, their damage output is too low without damage boosting CE's.

I'm doing the 30AP with Salter, Caesar and support Waver, Excalibur Morgan oneshots the wyverns and takes Vlad down to around 25%.

That's buffed by Caesar's attack and NP strength buffs, her own buster buff, mystic code attack buff, and Waver's NP lowering enemy defence. But on the other hand, she's only at NP1 and second ascension, so I'd be surprised if your Artoria couldn't do it as easily with a similar setup.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Tae posted:

If you could use multiple servants, would it be better than variety

cause the only immediate thing is how goddamn annoying triple Cu would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzMnEamuVk

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I took down Liz with Saber Alter (60), Caesar (50), friend Siegfried (75), Mash (40), Heracles (60), Cu Chulainn (57)

First attempt using a support Tamamo for healing ended in a wipe with Liz still having half her health left, the damage from Sieg's NP and his anti-dragon buff made all the difference. This truly was his moment in the sun.

Bringing Mash was a mistake, I thought her NP would help but even with Imaginary Element she didn't live long enough to build it up. :negative:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I've just been Rule Breakering the dragon to death, takes a few turns but that just means the support Anne&Mary go into the third round at low health and ready to gently caress Tamamo up immediately

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

People only need Okita + GudaO once per day, then they're going to want Okita + Poster Girl like 7 or 8 times a day, more if they're using apples

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

My group for the 40AP has been Robin with MLB Halloween Princess, Nobu with MLB Dragon's Meridian, and Ushi with Imaginary Element. Between the CEs and three NP gain buffs, everyone comes out the of the first round at 100% more often than not. Then Ushi nukes the chimera, and the other two clear the last wave. Support Okita is just chilling in the backline with Emiya and Medusa for points

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

SpaceDrake posted:

This is, in fact, Nobu's Noble Phantasm - it is a recreation of the three thousand guns in three line formation that brought down the Takeda Cavalry. While the near-mythology of it nowadays has the cavalry being straight up mowed down by gunfire, even the most reliable historical accounts paint it as a goddamn massacre, at somewhere between 66%-75% fatalities to the Takeda side.

Oh so that's why it has bonus damage against enemies with the riding skill

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

NRVNQSR posted:

Once again, no-one should be worried about Honnoji points. Based on the maths I've seen I'm pretty sure you could start from 0 now with no Okita and no Emiya, buy no CEs and still hit 1.5M by the end of the event.

On the other hand if you don't have multiple of the 5* gatcha CE it seems like 2000 or so Hiragumos will probably be the limit without apples even if you do nothing else, so some people may have to make some hard choices about which of their children get fed.

There's so much conflicting information flying around I don't know what to believe. I have no poster girls, but for the past couple of days I've just been doing the 10 and 20ap after being told that the later 40ap quests have such improved drops that it's not hard to clear the shop even without the CEs. Now I see this post and I'm worried I've hosed myself

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I just passed 500k, using Emiya/Nobu/support Okita/Cu/Ushi/Medusa on the 1APs with 4 Guda-Os (3 mine, 1 support). Haven't been seriously farming the 40APs yet and when I have done them I haven't made an effort to use all bonus-giving servants. I'm probably going to use some apples on the caster one, since I should be able to beat it with Ushi, Medusa and a good support. And also for the chance of heart drops.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

NRVNQSR posted:

Only their financial analysts know for sure. But certainly it's a loss for them if an individual spends $30 to get an SSR instead of $300.

On the other hand it's a gain if someone like me spends $30 to get an SSR instead of spending zero and using what I get from free quartz

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Having my own level 72 Cu plus a similarly levelled support makes archer 40ap a breeze. I have David tagging along to enable Gae Bolg spam with his three arts cards, and Harp Of Healing just in case one or both Cus don't have evade ready for Nobu's NP. She doesn't live long enough to get a second, even using my first Gae Bolg to kill the dragon. If David bites it, which is possible because a crit from Nobu kills him instantly, Hans is waiting in the wings as backup arts card supplier, but I've only needed him once so far.

Edit: unfortunately I don't have Poster Girl, but if anyone wants to use my Cu anyway here's the number: 080,053,533. He has MLB Halloween Princess so he can reliably oneshot the dragon before it can do anything, assuming your team isn't totally devoid of arts cards

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 20, 2017

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I feel like "good for hand farming" is the most "damning with faint praise" you can get in FGO.

Well it is something you need to do a lot of, so characters who are good at it are filling a necessary role

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What percentage gain on CE XP do you get from the XP bomb thing, assuming no GS/SS? It seems like a hassle but it's gonna end up being like double XP it's not that bad.

It doesn't increase exp gain, it decreases the QP cost

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

So 2 out of 5 times you use Fran's second skill it'll just reduce her own defence and do nothing else? Is there any other skill in the game that's as garbage as this? :stare:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Why is Sawashiro a loving minus as well. You fuckhead

Why is it a plus as well

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Killed By Death posted:

Just how the absolute gently caress do I buy Quartz from Europe? Do I have to buy US Google Play cards or something? gently caress

By paying straight off your debit or credit card instead of using existing google play funds

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Killed By Death posted:

Every time I try to do this it gives me an error.

Are you using a Maestro debit card? I always had problems with things based outside Europe not accepting that (Steam, most notably) and had to ask my bank to change it to a Mastercard one instead

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Now that someone's suggested Santa Heracles, I'll be so disappointed if it never happens

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Endorph posted:

to be fair later nodes in jp have stages that are just cutscenes, with no battle

Do they still cost AP to start?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

My plan for the final quest is to stick a MLB Purely Bloom on Nursery Rhyme and have Caesar and MHX feed her stars so she can crit the boss to death. I'll have a friend Sieg kill the dragon then swap him out once his job is done.

Hopefully someone will have a Sieg up as support by the time I have enough Star CEs

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I brought Nursery Rhyme against Jack, along with MHX and friend Okita to feed her stars. But in the end it was MHX's and Okita's NPs that did the most damage to her, I got kind of unlucky with the cards I got after using Rhyme's crit skill. At least her NP stalled Jack's NP for one turn (along with killing the chimeras), and I was able to finish her off the next turn.

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 14, 2018

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Just to be clear, that one at the bottom that increases "all" coin drops, does that mean it increases drops of every class' coins, or does it mean it increases drops of the coins with the "all" symbol corresponding to the extra classes (shielder/ruler)? Because I notice there are eight kinds of coin and only seven class-specific CEs shown.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Also don't forget you need to level Shiki up to 50 so you can ascend her twice in order to keep her in KnK, and that's well before Da Vinci.

Wow, that's a dirty trick. How many people failed to manage this on JP?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Wuxi posted:

I'm not feeling assassin day. No proper dps casters and 3 turn NP charges on assassins are annoying.

Nursery Rhyme is great for this. She has an AOE NP, good single target damage if someone's feeding her stars, and her NP has a chance to reduce enemy NP charge.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

the_steve posted:

drat, I was getting nervous there for a minute. Finally got my last copy of the CE to drop off of Tamamo, so I can MLB it once the event is over.

Better not to really. Some boss fights can be cheesed by having your whole team be immune to three hits, less so if it's just one person who's immune. I believe only the second effect (don't even remember what that is) increases with MLB.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

People complain a lot about Septem, but it's a masterpiece compared to most of London.

So this is what Madness Enhancement looks like...

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Gloomy Rube posted:

I choose to treat that as "kid pretending to be getting married reminds parent that child will one day move out and already starts to miss them" and not anything near the area of purity balls.

More like "kid pretending to be getting married reminds parent that child will not live long enough for it to ever happen"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Pair Jalter with MHX, she has decent stargen and also has the dragon trait so she gets double benefit from Jalter's attack buff, it's win/win!